Are we entering the next dark age?

aLandRemembered

May 23, 2015
It seems like our media spends all of its time trying to blame the democrats if they are conservative, or the republicans if they are liberal, meanwhile nothing changes. We the people call ourselves the leaders of the free world yet we have the highest incarceration rates. We the people can't smoke a plant that grows in the ground but the government and upper class can get away with rape and murder. We the people cannot research stem cells to cure diseases because "it is trying to play god" I promise you that argument was used by the church when people like Leonardo Da Vinci wanted to dissect corpses. We the people give companies the right to buy off our voices in government under the guise of free speech, since when did free speech cost money? We the people spend 600 BILLION dollars a year on our defensive budget in order to build new planes or tanks and send our brave men and women to die fighting people that live in caves, yes I know not all of the "terrorists" live in caves, but hey not all of them are terrorists either. We the people have asked for regulation on gun control but big money and our government got married long before the idea of two men getting married was even an issue. Scientific progress is yielding to religous objection and I think we can all look at the state that our social culture is in and agree that calling it dismal is putting a pretty happy spin on it. I look at all of this and it terrifies me but I hope it scares everyone else just as much, if you disagree with me please share your thoughts I would love to hear them, I promise to be polite and respectful of your right to have your own ideas so long as you do the same :)

It seems like our media spends all of its time trying to blame the democrats if they are conservative, or the republicans if they are liberal, meanwhile nothing changes. We the people call ourselves the leaders of the free world yet we have the highest incarceration rates. We the people can't smoke a plant that grows in the ground but the government and upper class can get away with rape and murder. We the people cannot research stem cells to cure diseases because "it is trying to play god" I promise you that argument was used by the church when people like Leonardo Da Vinci wanted to dissect corpses. We the people give companies the right to buy off our voices in government under the guise of free speech, since when did free speech cost money? We the people spend 600 BILLION dollars a year on our defensive budget in order to build new planes or tanks and send our brave men and women to die fighting people that live in caves, yes I know not all of the "terrorists" live in caves, but hey not all of them are terrorists either. We the people have asked for regulation on gun control but big money and our government got married long before the idea of two men getting married was even an issue. Scientific progress is yielding to religous objection and I think we can all look at the state that our social culture is in and agree that calling it dismal is putting a pretty happy spin on it. I look at all of this and it terrifies me but I hope it scares everyone else just as much, if you disagree with me please share your thoughts I would love to hear them, I promise to be polite and respectful of your right to have your own ideas so long as you do the same :)
You have a variable litany of issues and indicated your positions. A great deal of your positons would indeed lead us to a Dark Age. People who contend that they know what the world should be and know how to make it so can invariably usher such in such ages. or better yet regimes.

I am sorry but I cannot follow your post, I cannot tell if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing, I have a concussion so it is easy for me to get confused and I apologize it is no fault of your own, however if you are disagreeing with me if you could explain how my positions would lead us to a dark age, I personally have no interest in being a part of any such regime all I really want is to be free in nature, away from all the bs of society, but I worry for those I care about and would otherwise leave behind

Hey! I can't see the keyboard!

Somebody turn on a light!
Because we started at a more technologically advanced phase than the previous dark age does not mean that the lack of progression and the oppression are not the same.

Only if Republicans end up in charge. Look at the damage they've already caused. Shall we make a list?

It also doesn't mean we can't have a sense of humor.
sorry about that sir or ma'am I did find your bit funny I just thought you were also trying to address that argument which I was expecting to be confronted with at some time or another.

Only if Republicans end up in charge. Look at the damage they've already caused. Shall we make a list?
The democrats may be the lesser of two evils but are we really okay with still having any amount of evil in power?

Indeed. When we have lost the ability to properly construct a paragraph, as exemplified by the OP, then the ultimate collapse of civilization is most definitely nipping at our heels.

Indeed. When we have lost the ability to properly construct a paragraph, as exemplified by the OP, then the ultimate collapse of civilization is most definitely nipping at our heels.
I do not care about the construction of my paragraphs, the value in something is not its vessel but in the thing itself.

I do not care about the construction of my paragraphs, the value in something is not its vessel but in the thing itself.

If you care so little about your content that you won't make the effort to present it in an understandable form, then I trust you will not take umbrage with those of us who decide not to bother with wading through it.

If you care so little about your content that you won't make the effort to present it in an understandable form, then I trust you will not take umbrage with those of us who decide not to bother with wading through it.
What about my content is there that you cannot understand? I would be happy to separate it in to bullet points if you would like, as it is mostly a list of all the troubles we face besides from our lack of agreeing on the value of grammar?

Forum List

Back