Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

If you can function with lower staffing levels....you do

You don't have more workers on a shift than you need

Eh, Not arguing just to argue ... But there is not as definite a line as you would like to express.
Whether or not you would like to say you "needed" a certain number of workers ... Doesn't mean that you couldn't get by with less should they become an economic burden you don't want to carry.

I mean I wasn't born until the 1980's, but still know about the "leaner, meaner workforce initiatives" they used back then to cut bloated staffing levels (they still talk about it in business).

As a business owner nothing is cut and dry or chiseled in stone ... And adaptability can control your survival.
The object is never to sit around a figure out the things you cannot do ... It is the ability to figure out what you can do to suit your desires.
If I want to get rid of an employee and payroll slot ... All I have to do is figure out how the other employees are going to pick up the slack.

If I decide to replace an employee with a piece of equipment that helps the other employees work more efficiently ... Then the position I got rid of will never be coming back.

Guess how many NY State job pay grades start below $15 an hour...wait for it...a bunch of them. OH SNAP!!

Why does that make you happy? You should want fellow Americans to do well. Don't allow hate & greed to consume you. Could come back to bite you.

we are the ones who want people to do well...what you advocate is stealing.....when you order at gun point businesses to pay a certain amount they don't want to pay...that is stealing....and it is wrong and immoral.......

When was the last time you heard Obama or any of these $15 an hour minimum wage frauds calling out state governments in liberal states for not paying their workers $15 an hour?
FYI-
President Obama is wanting the minimum wage to go to $10.10 NOT $15.

Fair enough. Speaking of Maine, great lobster but Maine's taxes are insane.
It's the beginning of the Season and we had Lobstah day before yesterday from the local shack for $6.99 lb.....no soft shell available, so only hard shell....DELISCIOUS!

by the end of the Season it could get down to $3-$4.99 a pound...I LOVE summers here!

Yes, taxes are high, and have gotten higher since we moved here, TY LePaige...

Minimum wage laws demand that workers willing to accept wages less than the minimum wage are barred from such contracts. Minimum wage laws cannot create jobs, they can ONLY outlaw them. Statutory minimum wage is compulsory unemployment.

You simply cannot avoid devaluing wages when you make $1/hr work cost the same as $15/hr work. There is no escape from the objective fact of economic reality that minimum wage laws devalue wages.

Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Minimum wage laws necessarily result in inflation.

I find it instructive that not one minimum wage proponent on this board is willing to discuss the reasons they object to basing a workers wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth.

Here ya go. all you pushing for high min. wage, especially this $15 dollars an hour for Jobs that was meant for kids in school to advance a resume. Be proud you just put MORE people out of work

snip:
Raising the Minimum Wage causes McDonald’s to Install Kiosks, Ushering Out Workers
John S. Roberts
May 27, 20157:06 pm

Well, we knew this was coming.

It only makes sense. Why pay an uneducated person with limited skills $15.00 per hour when you can spend a few grand on a couple machines to do the exact same job?

The Left, as usual, remains clueless to the fact that raising the minimum wage will harm more than it will help. Yet, the ignoramuses who continue to support this policy keep bloviating and pandering to anyone who will listen.

If Democrats aren’t the biggest threat to America right now I don’t know what is.

From IJReview:

all of it here:
McDonald s Solution For Minimum Wage Hikes Will Make Liberals CRY

I see you never refuted my two tier MW is a great idea and I ripped it off from the liberals

If your up on your news the teen un employment is off the charts ridiculous high, but liberals don't care

16 to 17 years old can't vote

For that matter neither do republicans

Why do you think teen unemployment is so high?
Because older workers have been forced to take jobs formerly reserved for teens
forced?

How about they were bored? You do know they are living longer right?

I met a bunch of older folks who went back to work just because they still wanted to work and retirement sucked

What you lefties don't get.....you hate big business...right? But Big Business and Big Government go hand in hand.......

You want the government to be huge...to fix things, to make things right, to level the playing field.....but what you don't understand is that when you concentrate that power for the alleged purpose of doing good.....you make it extremely easy to do bad instead...since all the levers of power are concentrated, when a bad person gets control...the implementation of their evil is streamlined and ready made....

If you want to keep government from doing bad things, you have to limit its power to do good things.......you have to keep it small, and under control....two things you guys don't want....and then you bitch and moan like 5 year olds when big businesses come in and exploit it....and when the people in government abuse their power....

Big business is only stopped by a small and limited government.....

Why does that make you happy? You should want fellow Americans to do well. Don't allow hate & greed to consume you. Could come back to bite you.

we are the ones who want people to do well...what you advocate is stealing.....when you order at gun point businesses to pay a certain amount they don't want to pay...that is stealing....and it is wrong and immoral.......

When was the last time you heard Obama or any of these $15 an hour minimum wage frauds calling out state governments in liberal states for not paying their workers $15 an hour?
FYI-

Fair enough. Speaking of Maine, great lobster but Maine's taxes are insane.
It's the beginning of the Season and we had Lobstah day before yesterday from the local shack for $6.99 lb.....no soft shell available, so only hard shell....DELISCIOUS!

by the end of the Season it could get down to $3-$4.99 a pound...I LOVE summers here!

Yes, taxes are high, and have gotten higher since we moved here, TY LePaige...

My mouth is watering, fresh off the docks Maine lobster is food of the Gods!!

Minimum wage laws demand that workers willing to accept wages less than the minimum wage are barred from such contracts. Minimum wage laws cannot create jobs, they can ONLY outlaw them. Statutory minimum wage is compulsory unemployment.

You simply cannot avoid devaluing wages when you make $1/hr work cost the same as $15/hr work. There is no escape from the objective fact of economic reality that minimum wage laws devalue wages.

Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Minimum wage laws necessarily result in inflation.

I find it instructive that not one minimum wage proponent on this board is willing to discuss the reasons they object to basing a workers wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth.
It is set at their worth, let's say payroll is set at 30 percent of sales....when the business sales go up, so should payroll, year after year.....still 30 percent of sales.....

Are you saying when it was set at 30 percent of sales 10 years ago that it should stay at that flat amount and not go up even though over the 10 years the business is now doing 50 percent more in sales than it did?

It is set at their worth, let's say payroll is set at 30 percent of sales....when the business sales go up, so should payroll, year after year.....still 30 percent of sales.....

Are you saying when it was set at 30 percent of sales 10 years ago that it should stay at that flat amount and not go up even though over the 10 years the business is now doing 50 percent more in sales than it did?
Yes. I understand you might wish to base wages upon what a worker is worth... or what they want... or what they "need"... or what their bosses make... or "percent of sales"... etc.

I'm asking you why do you object to basing a workers wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth.

Again, i don't hate anyone. But i do hate their silly whining. Minimum Wage does not cause businesses to go under. There is no proof of it happening. It's all just greedy assholes bitching & moaning about having to pay workers a decent wage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well then go complain to Democrats who are invested in these corporations, get Democrats to give up their profits and give the money to workers, lead by example.

If a business can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, then it's time to shut it down. I've never seen a business yet that went out of business because of paying Minimum Wage. If you or someone else has an example, i'm willing to check it out.

Guess how many NY State job pay grades start below $15 an hour...wait for it...a bunch of them. OH SNAP!!

Sadly it has to be done. Slaves can't just sit back and leave it all up to the Slave Masters. That just isn't good common sense. They have to demand more. Asking nicely ain't gonna do it.

And the sky isn't gonna fall either. You guys predict that everytime, and it never happens. The reality is, Businesses will deal with paying $15. And then they'll deal with paying $20, $25, $30, and so on. Life will go on.

Yes. I understand you might wish to base wages upon what a worker is worth... or what they want... or what they "need"... or what their bosses make... or "percent of sales"... etc.

I'm asking you why do you object to basing a workers wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth.
I am basing it on the employee's work, and it's called "productivity", and it is BASED on Sales generated per employee for the hours they work.

Well then go complain to Democrats who are invested in these corporations, get Democrats to give up their profits and give the money to workers, lead by example.

If a business can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, then it's time to shut it down. I've never seen a business yet that went out of business because of paying Minimum Wage. If you or someone else has an example, i'm willing to check it out.

Sadly it has to be done. Slaves can't just sit back and leave it all up to the Slave Masters. That just isn't good common sense. They have to demand more. Asking nicely ain't gonna do it.

And the sky isn't gonna fall either. You guys predict that everytime, and it never happens. The reality is, Businesses will deal with paying $15. And then they'll deal with paying $20, $25, $30, and so on. Life will go on.

yeah...keep telling yourself that....you are naive, foolish, or in on the con job....

Hey if someone can get $30, good for them. America's all about gettin that paper. That's what America's all about.

The reason I know that even you don't believe the bullshit your spinning is that you will never answer a very simple question: If minimum wage mandates have no negative repercussions, why stop at $30/hr? Why not just legislate a $100/hr minimum wage? If you think that is ridiculous, please explain why.

Well obviously there has to be some reasonable contemplation involved.

Why?

But again i ask, show us all the examples of businesses going under due to the Minimum Wage. Because i've never observed even one example of that happening. If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you need to shut things down. It wasn't meant to be for you.

In terms of real value, relative to inflation, minimum wage has been going down. So if anything, they've been getting relief over the last twenty or thirty years. There's no evidence that minimum wage increases will have negative consequences because they've been carefully, and deliberately, kept lagging behind the rate of inflation.

And again, the other point you keep ignoring, what do you say to workers who want to do work that isn't worth $30/hr? I'm not that really concerned about the fate of the businesses in question. They can, and will, find a workaround for dumbass regulations. They always do. It's the workers who are told they can no longer work who will suffer.

But what is a human being worth?

I wouldn't try to put a dollar value on someone's life. But any given work they do is another story. How much it's worth to me depends on how much I need what they have to offer. You don't really get that, do you?

If you don't think they're worth $15, you could always do the work yourself. Don't hire anyone. Or just hire family & friends who are willing to volunteer their time to help your business. Problem solved.

I am basing it on the employee's work, and it's called "productivity", and it is BASED on Sales generated per employee for the hours they work.
Fine.

I'm asking you: Do you object to basing a workers wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth?

If so, please explain why you object to basing a workers wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth.

Well, still haven't seen anyone show even one business going out of business because of Minimum Wage. I mean if it happens so often, surely you or someone can show at least one example.

The reality is, Minimum Wage doesn't cause businesses to go under. It never has and never will. The sky won't fall. That's just fact.
Yes, yes, yes. I understand. You never saw a cat turn into a dog, so evolution never happened. You never saw a man on the moon, so it never happened. And you never saw a businesses go under because of minimum wage, so it never happened.

There's literally no arguing with that kind of obtuse denial of reality.

So instead tell me... what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you don't belong in business. Period, end of story.
What is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

What does 'value' really mean? I'm ok with an American making $15 an hr. I don't fear the sky falling as a result. Life will go on.

I you understood what value really meant, you wouldn't be spewing all this nonsense.

Putting a value on a human being is a very tricky thing. In this case, i'm ok with a struggling worker being worth $15 an hr. I can live with that. But hey, that's just me.

FYI-

I'm kinda with him. I think it should be somewhere between $10-$12. And even at that, people will still be struggling. $10-$12 doesn't get ya a whole lot in some parts of the country.

Yes, yes, yes. I understand. You never saw a cat turn into a dog, so evolution never happened. You never saw a man on the moon, so it never happened. And you never saw a businesses go under because of minimum wage, so it never happened.

There's literally no arguing with that kind of obtuse denial of reality.

So instead tell me... what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you don't belong in business. Period, end of story.
What is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

What does 'value' really mean? I'm ok with an American making $15 an hr. I don't fear the sky falling as a result. Life will go on.

I you understood what value really meant, you wouldn't be spewing all this nonsense.

Putting a value on a human being is a very tricky thing.
I would never ask you to do such a thing.

In this case, i'm ok with a struggling worker being worth $15 an hr.
There is nothing that is necessarily wrong with a worker being worth $15/hr... unless they're worth some other figure... but then again, I'm not down with buying human beings.

We'll let that be your thing.

I can live with that. But hey, that's just me.
I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise.

By the way....

What is your objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon what the worker's work is worth?

FYI-

Of course. The corporatists are evil, but they're not idiots. They're never going to raise the minimum wage to the level that it will damage economic output.
You are right, they won't raise it enough to damage the economic output.

Wise observation. I've never observed a single business go under due to the Minimum Wage. It just doesn't happen. I've asked several times for someone to show us all the examples of businesses going under because of it. So far, no one's provided even one. The fact is, if you're struggling to pay Minimum Wage, your business is doomed. You might as well close up shop.

FYI-

Of course. The corporatists are evil, but they're not idiots. They're never going to raise the minimum wage to the level that it will damage economic output.
You are right, they won't raise it enough to damage the economic output.

Wise observation. I've never observed a single business go under due to the Minimum Wage. It just doesn't happen. I've asked several times for someone to show us all the examples of businesses going under because of it. So far, no one's provided even one. The fact is, if you're struggling to pay Minimum Wage, your business is doomed. You might as well close up shop.
I have offered you examples. You just refuse to acknowledge they exist.

On the other hand, you have not yet explained your objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon what the worker's work is worth.

Why is that?

I don't shed tears for the most fortunate among us. They'll be fine, regardless of having to pay workers a little more. They'll still have their yachts, jets, and their kids will still attend top elite private schools. They'll be fine. The sky won't fall. I promise.

They'll be fine, regardless of having to pay workers a little more. They'll still have their yachts.....

I hate those rich guys and their yachts! We should create a tax on those yachts, show those bastards. What could go wrong?

I don't hate em. I'm sick of their silly whining. Just pay up and shut up. Their yachts and jets will still be there.

If they get their way on the $15/hr minimum wage, they'll just find something else to whine about.

You didn't really think they would stop whining before capitalism was totally destroyed, did you?

Give em the $15. I promise the sky won't fall. I still don't get why so many are so frightened and angry about people making a decent wage. If you're not paying em, don't worry about it. Trust me, Walmart and McDonalds Execs will be fine. They'll still be Multimillionaires. They don't need your outrage and sympathy.

Please, for the love of Gawd, leave your house right now, drive to the nearest bookstore, buy the (appropriately titled in this case) Economics for Dummies, read approximately one half of the first page, then come back here and apologize for wasting everyone's time.

I've a read a few. And the Minimum Wage plays no part in whether a business succeeds or fails. Numerous other variables determine that. Let's be real, if you can't pay Minimum Wage, your business is doomed to failure. It is what it is.

Forum List

Back