Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

If wages were based on the real value of the work, executive wages would be much, much lower, and worker wages would be a lot higher.

Profits are at record highs, and the cost of labour as a percentage of costs has never been lower.

All you have to do is look at the numbers to realize that workers are underpaid - by a lot.

How has Minimum Wage failed? Businesses seem to be surviving and thriving. Haven't observed any closing because they had to pay Workers Minimum Wage.
What you HAVE seen, though, are more teenagers unable to find summer time work because the cheap jobs they used to do are gone. They used to be able to pick up spending money and get work experience by pumping gas or ushering in a movie theater. Not any more. This trend will continue as we price such jobs out of the market.

Seriously, don't be so frightened that the fat cats are gonna have to pay struggling workers more. They don't need your sympathy. The Walmart and McDonalds top brass will always be Multimillionaires. They're gonna make it. I promise.

Why do you hate middle class stock holders? Why do you hate teachers unions and teachers who's pension plans are heavily invested in the very corporations you hate?

Again, i don't hate anyone. But i do hate their silly whining. Minimum Wage does not cause businesses to go under. There is no proof of it happening. It's all just greedy assholes bitching & moaning about having to pay workers a decent wage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well then go complain to Democrats who are invested in these corporations, get Democrats to give up their profits and give the money to workers, lead by example.

If a business can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, then it's time to shut it down. I've never seen a business yet that went out of business because of paying Minimum Wage. If you or someone else has an example, i'm willing to check it out.

Don't shed too many tears. Top management who run the show, will always be Multimillionaires. If Burger King and Walmart go belly-up tomorrow, their top brass will be just fine. They'll still have their private yachts, private jets, and their kids will still attend top elite private schools. They won't be effected at all. So now they have to pay their workers more. Oh well, too bad. I think they'll survive.

I thought you were a supporter of free enterprise.

I don't shed tears for the most fortunate among us. They'll be fine, regardless of having to pay workers a little more. They'll still have their yachts, jets, and their kids will still attend top elite private schools. They'll be fine. The sky won't fall. I promise.

They'll be fine, regardless of having to pay workers a little more. They'll still have their yachts.....

I hate those rich guys and their yachts! We should create a tax on those yachts, show those bastards. What could go wrong?

I don't hate em. I'm sick of their silly whining. Just pay up and shut up. Their yachts and jets will still be there.

If they get their way on the $15/hr minimum wage, they'll just find something else to whine about.

You didn't really think they would stop whining before capitalism was totally destroyed, did you?

Give em the $15. I promise the sky won't fall. I still don't get why so many are so frightened and angry about people making a decent wage. If you're not paying em, don't worry about it. Trust me, Walmart and McDonalds Execs will be fine. They'll still be Multimillionaires. They don't need your outrage and sympathy.

How has Minimum Wage failed?
You need to raise it again, yes?

It wasn't successful the last time it was tried. If it was a success the last time, you wouldn't need to establish yet a higher minimum wage this time, right?

So it FAILED the last time you tried it.
Businesses seem to be surviving and thriving. Haven't observed any closing because they had to pay Workers Minimum Wage.
So you haven't been to Detroit, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh lately? If you had, you'd have seen the devaluing effect that minimum wage has on other wages.

Look, even if we were to make the minimum wage $100k/year, in the long run, provided there is no additional government interference, the whole thing would shake out to just about where we are now, except that the same retarded cranks who now gripe that 15k/year is insufficient for the poor, will then claim that 100k/year is insufficient for the poor.

You want to know why that is?

It is because the realities of minimum wage laws are inescapable; they are why minimum wage ponzi schemes ALWAYS fail.

Tell me, what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth?

Minimum Wage has never caused a Business to go under. Never. Anyone who claims they have, is flat-out lying. Businesses go under for many reasons. But Minimum Wage ain't one of em.
So you haven't been to Detroit, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh lately? Fine.

If you had, you'd have seen the devaluing effect that minimum wage has on other wages. You'd have seen the boarded up store fronts.

You can't deny the jobs lost, the devaluation of wages, the inflation... and the combined, synergistic effect on the very folks you claim benefit from minimum wage laws. If you could, you wouldn't now be rationalizing an increase in the minimum wage.

Oh wait... you are in denial of those realities.

Tell me, what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth?

Show me just one business that went under due to Minimum Wage. It doesn't happen. Businesses go under for many reasons. But Minimum Wage isn't one of those reasons.
Yes, yes, yes. I understand. You never saw a cat turn into a dog, so evolution never happened. You never saw a man on the moon, so it never happened. And you never saw a businesses go under because of minimum wage, so it never happened.

There's literally no arguing with that kind of obtuse denial of reality.

So instead tell me... what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

Well, still haven't seen anyone show even one business going out of business because of Minimum Wage. I mean if it happens so often, surely you or someone can show at least one example.

The reality is, Minimum Wage doesn't cause businesses to go under. It never has and never will. The sky won't fall. That's just fact.

It wasn't successful the last time it was tried. If it was a success the last time, you wouldn't need to establish yet a higher minimum wage this time, right?

So you haven't been to Detroit, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh lately? If you had, you'd have seen the devaluing effect that minimum wage has on other wages.

Look, even if we were to make the minimum wage $100k/year, in the long run, provided there is no additional government interference, the whole thing would shake out to just about where we are now, except that the same retarded cranks who now gripe that 15k/year is insufficient for the poor, will then claim that 100k/year is insufficient for the poor.

It is because the realities of minimum wage laws are inescapable; they are why minimum wage ponzi schemes ALWAYS fail.

Minimum Wage has never caused a Business to go under. Never. Anyone who claims they have, is flat-out lying. Businesses go under for many reasons. But Minimum Wage ain't one of em.

If you had, you'd have seen the devaluing effect that minimum wage has on other wages. You'd have seen the boarded up store fronts.

You can't deny the jobs lost, the devaluation of wages, the inflation... and the combined, synergistic effect on the very folks you claim benefit from minimum wage laws. If you could, you wouldn't now be rationalizing an increase in the minimum wage.

Show me just one business that went under due to Minimum Wage. It doesn't happen. Businesses go under for many reasons. But Minimum Wage isn't one of those reasons.
Yes, yes, yes. I understand. You never saw a cat turn into a dog, so evolution never happened. You never saw a man on the moon, so it never happened. And you never saw a businesses go under because of minimum wage, so it never happened.

So instead tell me... what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

Well, still haven't seen anyone show even one business going out of business because of Minimum Wage. I mean if it happens so often, surely you or someone can show at least one example.

The reality is, Minimum Wage doesn't cause businesses to go under. It never has and never will. The sky won't fall. That's just fact.

Seriously, why do so many get so frightened and angry about others trying to make a decent living. I mean come on, even $15 an hr isn't gonna make anyone wealthy. If they can get that $15, good for them. I certainly won't get angry at em. I'll actually be happy for em.

Okay genius.....if minimum wage is so fucking wonderful....why are the unions seeking an exemption for unionized companies.....?

LA Times

Labor leaders, who were among the strongest supporters of the citywide minimum wage increase approved last week by the Los Angeles City Council, are advocating last-minute changes to the law that could create an exemption for companies with unionized workforces.

The push to include an exception to the mandated wage increase for companies that let their employees collectively bargain was the latest unexpected detour as the city nears approval of its landmark legislation to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2020.

For much of the past eight months, labor activists have argued against special considerations for business owners, such as restaurateurs, who said they would have trouble complying with the mandated pay increase.

But Rusty Hicks, who heads the county Federation of Labor and helps lead the Raise the Wage coalition, said Tuesday night that companies with workers represented by unions should have leeway to negotiate a wage below that mandated by the law.

You guys have no fucking clue what you are talking about with the minimum wage...you get big, splashy praise for raising it.......and all the business that close are hidden....and "Oh, they couldn't make it anyway...."

Well...you will see.......

If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you don't belong in business. Period, end of story.

Seriously, why do so many get so frightened and angry about others trying to make a decent living. I mean come on, even $15 an hr isn't gonna make anyone wealthy. If they can get that $15, good for them. I certainly won't get angry at em. I'll actually be happy for em.

1) because it is the property of the business owner and telling him what to do with it is illegal and immoral....

2) because it will cost people jobs and hours......wether you believe it or not...

Okay genius.....if minimum wage is so fucking wonderful....why are the unions seeking an exemption for unionized companies.....?

LA Times

Don't know much about Unions. But i i do know i've never observed a business going under because of the Minimum Wage. Businesses go under for many reasons. But Minimum Wage isn't one of them. So, there's no reason to be angry or frightened. The sky won't being falling. I know a lot of greedy assholes want you to believe that, but it's not gonna happen. Life will go on. I promise.

I thought you were a supporter of free enterprise.

I don't shed tears for the most fortunate among us. They'll be fine, regardless of having to pay workers a little more. They'll still have their yachts, jets, and their kids will still attend top elite private schools. They'll be fine. The sky won't fall. I promise.

They'll be fine, regardless of having to pay workers a little more. They'll still have their yachts.....

I hate those rich guys and their yachts! We should create a tax on those yachts, show those bastards. What could go wrong?

I don't hate em. I'm sick of their silly whining. Just pay up and shut up. Their yachts and jets will still be there.

Yeah, tax those yachts and jets.
So the liberals can stop whining.

But taxing yachts and jets will cause unemployment among the people who make yachts and jets. And when that happens Congress will create tax breaks to alleviate the unemployment, and then the left will whine about welfare for the rich! Where or where or where does it all end?

But taxing yachts and jets will cause unemployment among the people who make yachts and jets.

I know that...and you know that...I wanted to see if the big government libertarian knew that.

LA Times

Don't know much about Unions. But i i do know i've never observed a business going under because of the Minimum Wage. Businesses go under for many reasons. But Minimum Wage isn't one of them. So, there's no reason to be angry or frightened. The sky won't being falling. I know a lot of greedy assholes want you to believe that, but it's not gonna happen. Life will go on. I promise.

You have no clue what you are talking about.......

1) because it is the property of the business owner and telling him what to do with it is illegal and immoral....

2) because it will cost people jobs and hours......wether you believe it or not...

Minimum Wage has never caused such gloom & doom in the past. So why will it this time? Sounds like a lot of hateful greedy hype to me. Everything will be fine. There will be a lot of bitching & moaning, but then businesses will accept it and move on. Life really will go on.

For fast food everything has gone up in price

Food, taxes, rents, insurance....

The only thing that hasn't is the cost of labor....and they act like the business will fail if they have to pay workers more

LA Times

You have no clue what you are talking about.......

Oh trust me, businesses will survive $15 an hr. And then they'll survive $20, $30, and so on. Times change. $6/$7 an hr ain't gonna cut it anymore. Just the way it is. Businesses will have to deal with it. It is what it is.

Still haven't seen a shred of evidence proving the Minimum Wage has ever caused a single business in America to go out of business. So why so much anger and fear? Seems very silly and irrational to me.

If I was a governor of a state with a legislature stupid enough to pass a $30/hr minimum wage, I would totally sign it into law. Just to shut you morons up once and for all.

If I was a governor of a state with a legislature stupid enough to pass a $30/hr minimum wage, I would totally sign it into law. Just to shut you morons up once and for all.

Hey if someone can get $30, good for them. America's all about gettin that paper. That's what matters most in America.

Hey if someone can get $30, good for them. America's all about gettin that paper. That's what America's all about.

The reason I know that even you don't believe the bullshit your spinning is that you will never answer a very simple question: If minimum wage mandates have no negative repercussions, why stop at $30/hr? Why not just legislate a $100/hr minimum wage? If you think that is ridiculous, please explain why.

Forum List

Back