Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

If I was a governor of a state with a legislature stupid enough to pass a $30/hr minimum wage, I would totally sign it into law. Just to shut you morons up once and for all.

Hey if someone can get $30, good for them. America's all about gettin that paper. That's what matters most in America.

And if they can't, they're not allowed to work. Nice.

If I was a governor of a state with a legislature stupid enough to pass a $30/hr minimum wage, I would totally sign it into law. Just to shut you morons up once and for all.

Hey if someone can get $30, good for them. America's all about gettin that paper. That's what America's all about.

The reason I know that even you don't believe the bullshit your spinning is that you will never answer a very simple question: If minimum wage mandates have no negative repercussions, why stop at $30/hr? Why not just legislate a $100/hr minimum wage? If you think that is ridiculous, please explain why.

Well obviously there has to be some reasonable contemplation involved. But again i ask, show us all the examples of businesses going under due to the Minimum Wage. Because i've never observed even one example of that happening. If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you need to shut things down. It wasn't meant to be for you.

Hey if someone can get $30, good for them. America's all about gettin that paper. That's what matters most in America.

America is all about greed. So why do people like you feel workers aren't allowed to be greedy? You certainly don't mind businesses being greedy? So why not struggling workers? Why can't they be greedy? America's only about the cash. Workers would be stupid to not demand theirs.

Hey if someone can get $30, good for them. America's all about gettin that paper. That's what America's all about.

The reason I know that even you don't believe the bullshit your spinning is that you will never answer a very simple question: If minimum wage mandates have no negative repercussions, why stop at $30/hr? Why not just legislate a $100/hr minimum wage? If you think that is ridiculous, please explain why.

Well obviously there has to be some reasonable contemplation involved.

Why?

But again i ask, show us all the examples of businesses going under due to the Minimum Wage. Because i've never observed even one example of that happening. If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you need to shut things down. It wasn't meant to be for you.

In terms of real value, relative to inflation, minimum wage has been going down. So if anything, they've been getting relief over the last twenty or thirty years. There's no evidence that minimum wage increases will have negative consequences because they've been carefully, and deliberately, kept lagging behind the rate of inflation.

And again, the other point you keep ignoring, what do you say to workers who want to do work that isn't worth $30/hr? I'm not that really concerned about the fate of the businesses in question. They can, and will, find a workaround for dumbass regulations. They always do. It's the workers who are told they can no longer work who will suffer.

America is all about greed. So why do people like you feel workers aren't allowed to be greedy?

I don't feel that way at all. Why do you think I do?

Well obviously there has to be some reasonable contemplation involved.

Why?

But again i ask, show us all the examples of businesses going under due to the Minimum Wage. Because i've never observed even one example of that happening. If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you need to shut things down. It wasn't meant to be for you.

In terms of real value, relative to inflation, minimum wage has been going down. So if anything, they've been getting relief over the last twenty or thirty years. There's no evidence that minimum wage increases will have negative consequences because they've been carefully, and deliberately, kept lagging behind the rate of inflation.

And again, the other point you keep ignoring, what do you say to workers who want to do work that isn't worth $30/hr? I'm not that really concerned about the fate of the businesses in question. They can, and will, find a workaround for dumbass regulations. They always do. It's the workers who are told they can no longer work who will suffer.

But what is a human being worth? Seems to be a pretty arbitrary calculation and a matter of philosophical viewpoint. If a human being isn't worth $15 an hr to you, than so be it. But others may see it very differently than you do. Personally, i don't think $15 is very much. It'll still be a struggle for most. But that's just me.

Employers can't reduce staff? Really? I was working at a car wash when the minimum wage took a big jump in the 1970s. The car wash laid off about 1/4 to 1/3 of the workers because they simply could not afford to pay the same amount of people at the new wage.

One problem with liberalism is that it repeatedly must ignore reality. Why, why, why not use the Earned Income Tax Credit to help low-income folks who are supporting families and/or who are over 25, rather than raise the minimum wage and destroy tons of jobs?

Employers can't reduce staff? Really? I was working at a car wash when the minimum wage took a big jump in the 1970s. The car wash laid off about 1/4 to 1/3 of the workers because they simply could not afford to pay the same amount of people at the new wage.

One problem with liberalism is that it repeatedly must ignore reality. Why, why, why not use the Earned Income Tax Credit to help low-income folks who are supporting families and/or who are over 25, rather than raise the minimum wage and destroy tons of jobs?

Yet businesses in America have managed to survive and thrive for many many years. The sky never fell, like you guys predicted. There is no evidence proving any business in America has ever gone out of business due to the Minimum Wage. If you can't pay Minimum Wage, than it's time for you to close up shop. It wasn't meant to be for you. It is what it is.

So you haven't been to Detroit, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh lately? Fine.

If you had, you'd have seen the devaluing effect that minimum wage has on other wages. You'd have seen the boarded up store fronts.

You can't deny the jobs lost, the devaluation of wages, the inflation... and the combined, synergistic effect on the very folks you claim benefit from minimum wage laws. If you could, you wouldn't now be rationalizing an increase in the minimum wage.

Oh wait... you are in denial of those realities.

Tell me, what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wages solely upon what that worker's work is worth?

Show me just one business that went under due to Minimum Wage. It doesn't happen. Businesses go under for many reasons. But Minimum Wage isn't one of those reasons.
Yes, yes, yes. I understand. You never saw a cat turn into a dog, so evolution never happened. You never saw a man on the moon, so it never happened. And you never saw a businesses go under because of minimum wage, so it never happened.

There's literally no arguing with that kind of obtuse denial of reality.

So instead tell me... what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

Well, still haven't seen anyone show even one business going out of business because of Minimum Wage. I mean if it happens so often, surely you or someone can show at least one example.

The reality is, Minimum Wage doesn't cause businesses to go under. It never has and never will. The sky won't fall. That's just fact.
Yes, yes, yes. I understand. You never saw a cat turn into a dog, so evolution never happened. You never saw a man on the moon, so it never happened. And you never saw a businesses go under because of minimum wage, so it never happened.

So instead tell me... what is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you don't belong in business. Period, end of story.
What is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

Seriously, why do so many get so frightened and angry about others trying to make a decent living. I mean come on, even $15 an hr isn't gonna make anyone wealthy. If they can get that $15, good for them. I certainly won't get angry at em. I'll actually be happy for em.

1) because it is the property of the business owner and telling him what to do with it is illegal and immoral....

2) because it will cost people jobs and hours......wether you believe it or not...

Minimum Wage has never caused such gloom & doom in the past. So why will it this time? Sounds like a lot of hateful greedy hype to me. Everything will be fine. There will be a lot of bitching & moaning, but then businesses will accept it and move on. Life really will go on.
What is your exact objection to basing a worker's wage solely upon the value of that worker's work?

Still haven't seen a shred of evidence proving the Minimum Wage has ever caused a single business in America to go out of business. So why so much anger and fear? Seems very silly and irrational to me.

Show me just one business that went under due to Minimum Wage. It doesn't happen. Businesses go under for many reasons. But Minimum Wage isn't one of those reasons.

Well, still haven't seen anyone show even one business going out of business because of Minimum Wage. I mean if it happens so often, surely you or someone can show at least one example.

The reality is, Minimum Wage doesn't cause businesses to go under. It never has and never will. The sky won't fall. That's just fact.

If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you don't belong in business. Period, end of story.

What does 'value' really mean? I'm ok with an American making $15 an hr. I don't fear the sky falling as a result. Life will go on.

Yet businesses in America have managed to survive and thrive for many many years. The sky never fell, like you guys predicted. There is no evidence proving any business in America has ever gone out of business due to the Minimum Wage. If you can't pay Minimum Wage, than it's time for you to close up shop. It wasn't meant to be for you. It is what it is.

What does 'value' really mean? I'm ok with an American making $15 an hr. I don't fear the sky falling as a result. Life will go on.

Well obviously there has to be some reasonable contemplation involved. But again i ask, show us all the examples of businesses going under due to the Minimum Wage. Because i've never observed even one example of that happening. If you can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, you need to shut things down. It wasn't meant to be for you.

Seriously, why be so angry and frightened over someone making $15 an hr? Not like they're getting rich or something. They'll still just barely scrape by.

What is 'Value?' I may value a human being more than you do. So i have no problem with them making $15 an hr. I'm not angry or frightened over it. I'm at peace with it.

Seriously, why be so angry and frightened over someone making $15 an hr? Not like they're getting rich or something. They'll still just barely scrape by.

What you HAVE seen, though, are more teenagers unable to find summer time work because the cheap jobs they used to do are gone. They used to be able to pick up spending money and get work experience by pumping gas or ushering in a movie theater. Not any more. This trend will continue as we price such jobs out of the market.

Seriously, don't be so frightened that the fat cats are gonna have to pay struggling workers more. They don't need your sympathy. The Walmart and McDonalds top brass will always be Multimillionaires. They're gonna make it. I promise.

Why do you hate middle class stock holders? Why do you hate teachers unions and teachers who's pension plans are heavily invested in the very corporations you hate?

Again, i don't hate anyone. But i do hate their silly whining. Minimum Wage does not cause businesses to go under. There is no proof of it happening. It's all just greedy assholes bitching & moaning about having to pay workers a decent wage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well then go complain to Democrats who are invested in these corporations, get Democrats to give up their profits and give the money to workers, lead by example.

If a business can't afford to pay Minimum Wage, then it's time to shut it down. I've never seen a business yet that went out of business because of paying Minimum Wage. If you or someone else has an example, i'm willing to check it out.

Guess how many NY State job pay grades start below $15 an hour...wait for it...a bunch of them. OH SNAP!!

Forum List

Back