Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

Answer the question, DO YOU BELIVE IN PETTING ON THE FIRST DATE?
Answer the question, Do you believe in seeing a psychiatrist ?
geez.gif

Son you are much too serious.

You cannot win any argument your ego is too involved.

Answer the question, DO YOU BELIVE IN PETTING ON THE FIRST DATE?
Answer the question, Do you believe in seeing a psychiatrist ?
geez.gif

Talk on topic, or get lost. And don't call me "son"

I'll call you whatever I want to call you son.

Mean while somebody we BOTH know enjoys petting at ANY time....I'll be back punk ;)

Pay close attention son, I'll call you whatever I want when ever I want and all you can do is twist in your impotence ;)

The politics is very interesting, I'm still waiting for you to prove your economics claim.
8 pages and you're still avoiding the main issue.
I'm shocked.
I'm waiting for YOU to present YOUR side. You have nothing but conjecture. You haven't said a thing about INCREASED SALES. All you do is yak about wages.

I'm waiting for YOU to present YOUR side.

Here's my side. A business that has $500,000 in increased payroll expenses, even if it recaptures that entire cost in increased sales, will still be less profitable than before.

Why would it be less profitable if it recaptured the entire cost in increased sales ?
(note: generally businesses recapture much more than their increased labor costs - this is why I badgered my legislators to raise the California minimum wage, which they finally did in 1988, raising my profits substantially)

Here's my side. A business that has $500,000 in increased payroll expenses, even if it recaptures that entire cost in increased sales, will still be less profitable than before.

Why would it be less profitable if it recaptured the entire cost in increased sales ?

A company has $1,000,000 in sales, $500,000 COGS and $300,000 in wage expenses.
Increase their wage expense by $100,000 and their sales by $100,000.
How does their new profit compare to their old profit? Let's hear it, Prof.

dear, you're a lib commie who supports MW and probably 1000 other libcommie interventions!!!
No, you're an ignorant fool, who hasn't kep pace with Conservatism, and doesn't even know that supporting the MW increase is a Conservative position. As for my politics,

1. I support invading Iran, taking over the country and keeping troops there to insure no nuclear development takes place.

2. I support invading Pakistan and seizing their 100+ nuclear warheads, and bringing back to the US to be secured.

3. I support closing all mosques and Islamic centers, and elimination of all Korans in America, Islam is banned in America by Article 6, Section 2 of the Constituion (the Supremacy clause) & US Codes 238 & 2385.

4. I support eradication of all Muslim Brotherhood front groups in America (CAIR, ISNA, MSA, MAYA, etc)

5. I support 100% ban on Affirmative Action, nationwide.

6. I support 100% ban on same sex marriage, nationwide.

7. I support the death penalty, and reduction of the appeals process to 2 years maximum.

8. I support a mass deportation of ALL illegal aliens (Operation Wetback II)

9. I support sending as many ground troops to Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan,an delsewhere to EXTERMINATE ISIS, the Taliban and all elements of the international jihad.

10. I support the arrests of Barrack Obama, Al Sharpton, and Eric Holder on charges of treason.

11. Wouldn't the liberals in this forum, who I have warred against, get a kick out of some fool calling me a "liberal" ?
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

dear, you are not an economic conservative if you support MW and protectionism and probably 1000 other economic interventions. As far as your other positions- well, I would describe them as too insane to have a meaningful political label.
If you think they're insane, you're a LIBERAL. And supporting MW raise is a Conservative position, supporti=ed by conservatives 54% to 44%.

The politics is very interesting, I'm still waiting for you to prove your economics claim.
I'm shocked.
I'm waiting for YOU to present YOUR side. You have nothing but conjecture. You haven't said a thing about INCREASED SALES. All you do is yak about wages.

(note: generally businesses recapture much more than their increased labor costs - this is why I badgered my legislators to raise the California minimum wage, which they finally did in 1988, raising my profits substantially)

You're not talking about the minimum wage increasing. I have no interest in yout diversion BS, and neither should anyone else in this thread.

I'm shocked.

You're not talking about the minimum wage increasing. I have no interest in yout diversion BS, and neither should anyone else in this thread.

You're not talking about the minimum wage increasing.

I'm talking about your idiotic claim that an increase in wage expenses would be offset by an identical increase in sales. It's an idiotic claim and it's all you.

I have no interest in yout diversion BS,

Of course you have no interest. I very clearly refuted your claim.
Now you'll run away.

and neither should anyone else in this thread.

Only the people who understand real world economics will be interested.
Liberals and others uneducated in economics will avoid my refutation of your claim.

I'm talking about your idiotic claim that an increase in wage expenses would be offset by an identical increase in sales. It's an idiotic claim and it's all you.

Now you'll run away.

Liberals and others uneducated in economics will avoid my refutation of your claim.
1. Dude, I told you way back in the thread, that in the case of businesses who have very large #s of MW workers (who have very little honor), and thus a large increase in cost, exceptions could be made for them if/whenever they show hardship. So why do you keep whining ?

2. You refuted nothing. Yo haven't shown a shed of evidence that your labor cost increase wouldn't be mitigated by your sales increases$$$$$$$$$$. :biggrin:

3. YOU are uneducated in economics. You don't even understand what millions of freshman year microeconomcs students understand. The bell-shaped curve of prices vs business income.

4. In this thread you are
owned.gif

Now you'll run away.

1. Dude, I told you way back in the thread, that in the case of businesses who have very large #s of MW workers (who have very little honor), and thus a large increase in cost, exceptions could be made for them if/whenever they show hardship. So why do you keep whining ?

2. You refuted nothing. Yo haven't shown a shed of evidence that your labor cost increase wouldn't be mitigated by your sales increases$$$$$$$$$$. :biggrin:

3. YOU are uneducated in economics. You don't even understand what millions of freshman year microeconomcs students understand. The bell-shaped curve of prices vs business income.

owned.gif

I used your own example to refute your claim, it doesn't get better than that.

The bell-shaped curve of prices vs business income.

Why would I need to get any deeper than revenue-expenses = profit?

Feel free to show the bell curve that refutes my example.

How does their new profit compare to their old profit?

Use your curve, if you think it will help you answer my question. LOL!

I never run kid, ever.

YOU have never run a business, ALL costs are reflected in the end users price........now run along and suckle at Obama's teat.

You might as well talk to the wall.

Liberals treat all businesses like they are huge corporations. The small businesses will suffer. McDonald's is treated as one giant company even though each restaurant is owned separately and therefore each should be treated like a small business. Keep pushing them and soon there will be machines to take your order.

Gas prices and higher food prices affect the bottom line and forcing small companies to pay higher minimum wage won't bode well for them. They've already reduced workers to part time because of Obamacare, so workers are already hurting. A few dollars more won't change their situation too much, especially if some lose their jobs, but small businesses will feel it and might not survive. I notice that not one liberal has blasted ACORN for wanting to be exempt from paying their employees minimum wage.

Now you'll run away.

owned.gif

I used your own example to refute your claim, it doesn't get better than that.

The bell-shaped curve of prices vs business income.

Why would I need to get any deeper than revenue-expenses = profit?

Feel free to show the bell curve that refutes my example.

How does their new profit compare to their old profit?

Use your curve, if you think it will help you answer my question. LOL!
Your example has nothing to do with this topic. The bell-shaped curve I showed explains it concisely. You just don't WANT to believe it. Here's what that is >> NOT MY PROBLEM.

Now how about if YOU answer the about dozen or so questions I challenged you with all through this thread ? (which up to now you been hiding under the desk)
biggrin.gif

dear, you're a lib commie who supports MW and probably 1000 other libcommie interventions!!!
No, you're an ignorant fool, who hasn't kep pace with Conservatism, and doesn't even know that supporting the MW increase is a Conservative position. As for my politics,

1. I support invading Iran, taking over the country and keeping troops there to insure no nuclear development takes place.

2. I support invading Pakistan and seizing their 100+ nuclear warheads, and bringing back to the US to be secured.

3. I support closing all mosques and Islamic centers, and elimination of all Korans in America, Islam is banned in America by Article 6, Section 2 of the Constituion (the Supremacy clause) & US Codes 238 & 2385.

4. I support eradication of all Muslim Brotherhood front groups in America (CAIR, ISNA, MSA, MAYA, etc)

7. I support the death penalty, and reduction of the appeals process to 2 years maximum.

9. I support sending as many ground troops to Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan,an delsewhere to EXTERMINATE ISIS, the Taliban and all elements of the international jihad.

10. I support the arrests of Barrack Obama, Al Sharpton, and Eric Holder on charges of treason.

11. Wouldn't the liberals in this forum, who I have warred against, get a kick out of some fool calling me a "liberal" ?
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

You're not a conservative. You're a fucking Nazi who would throw the Constitution in the trash can.

. What do you think created that price in the first place ?

the cost obviously!! If your cost and thus price is higher than your worldwide competition you are on the road to bankruptcy.

Price is the lowest amount possible above the lowest possible cost of production. Any more and your competition drives you into bankruptcy

Price is where the supply curve and the demand curve intersect. Every student who has taken first year economics knows that.

smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

dear, you are not an economic conservative if you support MW and protectionism and probably 1000 other economic interventions. As far as your other positions- well, I would describe them as too insane to have a meaningful political label.

Here's the political label for what Protectionist believes:

swastika_bw.jpg

. What do you think created that price in the first place ?

the cost obviously!! If your cost and thus price is higher than your worldwide competition you are on the road to bankruptcy.

Price is the lowest amount possible above the lowest possible cost of production. Any more and your competition drives you into bankruptcy

Price is where the supply curve and the demand curve intersect. Every student who has taken first year economics knows that.

Which means that a higher minimum wage doesn't guarantee higher prices.

Forum List

Back