Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

100% stupid!! So the fracking horizontal drilling revolution and increased supply and lower prices are a scam???

See why we liberalism is based in pure ignorance??
I'm not a liberal or anything close to it, and standing alongside my Conservatives policies, might leave you looking like Harry Reid.

dear, you're a lib commie who supports MW and probably 1000 other libcommie interventions!!!

Of course it can, if the market is not fluid it cannot survive....ALL businesses MUST be fluid or the die.
You're saying the firm can raise it's price above it's market price ?

I'm saying is the costs demand it then yes.
You're dead WRONG. What do you think created that price in the first place ? It is a number. Where do you think it came from ? You think it's the business owner's lucky number ? His birthday number maybe ?

Of course they CANNOT raise their prices. The overwhelming majority of businesses are running their businesses correctly. This means that they have their prices set at the MARKET PRICE. That means it is at the HIGHEST PRICE it can be, without causing SALES to drop to the point of making income be less than before the price hike.

So if raising your price will cause your sales to drop, and your income to drop, why would you raise that price ? You want to make LESS money ? And if raising the price would not cause sales to drop with a drop in income, then that just means that your price wasn't correctly set at the market price to begin with, and it was set too low. This however, is rarely the case, because generally, businessman know their product and its market price, so a raise of that price will cause them to LOSE SALES & MONEY. Got it ?

The solution to MW raise is do nothing at all, and enjoy the INCREASE in SALES$$$ from the increase in disposable income, as a result of that MW increase. I notice you're not talking about that increase in sales, confirming yet again, the title of this thread >> Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talk About the SALES

100% stupid!! So the fracking horizontal drilling revolution and increased supply and lower prices are a scam???

See why we liberalism is based in pure ignorance??
I'm not a liberal or anything close to it, and standing alongside my Conservatives policies, might leave you looking like Harry Reid.

Yes, you are a liberal. That's why you're on the same side of the issue as DragonLady.

That minimum wage needs to be raised. $11 per hour is too low. The middle class can do better.

It's adjusted regularly. Don't forget that in Canada, we have single payer healthcare- no co-pays, unemployment insurance and overall a much better social safety net than Americans.

That must be why the hospitals here in Florida are packed with Canadians.
I live in Florida. The whole state is packed with Canadians during the winter, Not because of hospitals. It's because they want to escape the cold, Canadian winters.

A lot of them come down here to get medical treatment unavailable on a timely basis in Canada and to get a vacation in at the same time.

Of course it can, if the market is not fluid it cannot survive....ALL businesses MUST be fluid or the die.
You're saying the firm can raise it's price above it's market price ?

I'm saying is the costs demand it then yes.
You're dead WRONG. What do you think created that price in the first place ? It is a number. Where do you think it came from ? You think it's the business owner's lucky number ? His birthday number maybe ?

Of course they CANNOT raise their prices. The overwhelming majority of businesses are running their businesses correctly. This means that they have their prices set at the MARKET PRICE. That means it is at the HIGHEST PRICE it can be, without causing SALES to drop to the point of making income be less than before the price hike.

So if raising your price will cause your sales to drop, and your income to drop, why would you raise that price ? You want to make LESS money ? And if raising the price would not cause sales to drop with a drop in income, then that just means that your price wasn't correctly set at the market price to begin with, and it was set too low. This however, is rarely the case, because generally, businessman know their product and its market price, so a raise of that price will cause them to LOSE SALES & MONEY. Got it ?

The solution to MW raise is do nothing at all, and enjoy the INCREASE in SALES$$$ from the increase in disposable income, as a result of that MW increase. I notice you're not talking about that increase in sales, confirming yet again, the title of this thread >> Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talk About the SALES

Look man EVERY part of a business man's cost MUST be reflected in the end user's price.

If that gallon of gas costs 10 cents more for anyone they must ALL raise their prices...the Market will demand it.

If we are BOTH paying 50 cents but you choose to keep charging the same 50 you will go broke....profit MUST be factored in to every transaction or there will be nobody to supply that gallon anymore.

Increased sales...you forget your talking points......... they wont have more money, simply less of tax payers money is how this is being sold

dear, you're a lib commie who supports MW and probably 1000 other libcommie interventions!!!
No, you're an ignorant fool, who hasn't kep pace with Conservatism, and doesn't even know that supporting the MW increase is a Conservative position. As for my politics,

1. I support invading Iran, taking over the country and keeping troops there to insure no nuclear development takes place.

2. I support invading Pakistan and seizing their 100+ nuclear warheads, and bringing back to the US to be secured.

3. I support closing all mosques and Islamic centers, and elimination of all Korans in America, Islam is banned in America by Article 6, Section 2 of the Constituion (the Supremacy clause) & US Codes 238 & 2385.

4. I support eradication of all Muslim Brotherhood front groups in America (CAIR, ISNA, MSA, MAYA, etc)

5. I support 100% ban on Affirmative Action, nationwide.

6. I support 100% ban on same sex marriage, nationwide.

7. I support the death penalty, and reduction of the appeals process to 2 years maximum.

8. I support a mass deportation of ALL illegal aliens (Operation Wetback II)

9. I support sending as many ground troops to Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan,an delsewhere to EXTERMINATE ISIS, the Taliban and all elements of the international jihad.

10. I support the arrests of Barrack Obama, Al Sharpton, and Eric Holder on charges of treason.

11. Wouldn't the liberals in this forum, who I have warred against, get a kick out of some fool calling me a "liberal" ?
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

. What do you think created that price in the first place ?

the cost obviously!! If your cost and thus price is higher than your worldwide competition you are on the road to bankruptcy.

Price is the lowest amount possible above the lowest possible cost of production. Any more and your competition drives you into bankruptcy

Last edited:
It will drive it all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

When McDonalds raises wages, guess what, the price of some items goes up. Which items, the ones that sell the most.

And when minimum wage is increased, those of us who have skills, will be getting nice bumps in our paychecks as well, why? because we have skills.

When you go to the store and your groceries for the week cost you 100 bucks and you bring home 3 bags of stuff, that's bad, and that is pretty much what we have now. When you go to the store and your groceries for the week cost you 150 bucks and you bring home 3 bags of stuff, that's bad also.

Everything will go up, no one will have anymore disposable income than they have now, but there will be tricks out there that people don't notice.

Your laundry detergent will not increase in price, the 20 lb. box will just now be a 17 lb. box, for the same price. The box will remain the same size as well. So most people won't notice, at least not at first.

I mean , what's the difference in a 12 oz. can of soda and an 11 oz.? It's just a swallow, or basically a full can if you buy a 12 pack. Same with beer, but at least beer wont try to hide it, they will just keep it 12 oz. and raise the price.

So, I am looking forward to getting a raise, I can't wait till im making .75 cents a mile.

FALSE! Already refuted by item # 1 in the OP.
Then please answer this question.

Why does a car no longer cost 4000 dollars, like it did in the 70's?

And after I read your answer, I will explain things to you.

No, you're an ignorant fool, who hasn't kep pace with Conservatism, and doesn't even know that supporting the MW increase is a Conservative position. As for my politics,

1. I support invading Iran, taking over the country and keeping troops there to insure no nuclear development takes place.

2. I support invading Pakistan and seizing their 100+ nuclear warheads, and bringing back to the US to be secured.

3. I support closing all mosques and Islamic centers, and elimination of all Korans in America, Islam is banned in America by Article 6, Section 2 of the Constituion (the Supremacy clause) & US Codes 238 & 2385.

4. I support eradication of all Muslim Brotherhood front groups in America (CAIR, ISNA, MSA, MAYA, etc)

7. I support the death penalty, and reduction of the appeals process to 2 years maximum.

9. I support sending as many ground troops to Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan,an delsewhere to EXTERMINATE ISIS, the Taliban and all elements of the international jihad.

10. I support the arrests of Barrack Obama, Al Sharpton, and Eric Holder on charges of treason.

11. Wouldn't the liberals in this forum, who I have warred against, get a kick out of some fool calling me a "liberal" ?
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

Oh sure but do you believe in petting on the first date?

smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

dear, you are not an economic conservative if you support MW and protectionism and probably 1000 other economic interventions. As far as your other positions- well, I would describe them as too insane to have a meaningful political label.

the cost obviously!! If your cost and thus price is higher than your worldwide competition you are on the road to bankruptcy.
The cost AND the bell-shaped curve of Prices (X axis) vs Business Income (Y axis), with the market price at the top. And when your price goes up above your market price (moving rightward on the X axis), guess what happens to you income. It moves rightward on the bell-shaped curve > DOWN. And the higher the price is raised, the further DOWN the business income goes.

Business Income
th
Prices >>> X axis
Y axis

The cost AND the bell-shaped curve of Prices (X axis) vs Business Income (Y axis), with the market price at the top. And when your price goes up above your market price (moving rightward on the X axis), guess what happens to you income. It moves rightward on the bell-shaped curve > DOWN. And the higher the price is raised, the further DOWN the business income goes.

Business Income
th
Prices >>>

Answer the question, DO YOU BELIVE IN PETTING ON THE FIRST DATE?

You're kidding, right?

Nope. You may now answer the question.

Your second chance.....

A company has $1,000,000 in sales, $500,000 COGS and $300,000 in wage expenses.
Increase their wage expense by $100,000 and their sales by $100,000.
How does their new profit compare to their old profit? Let's hear it, Prof.
Sorry, this is going off topic. You've deviated from the topic of the MW going up. No need to talk about your unrelated diversion,

You're kidding, right?

Your second chance.....

Sorry, this is going off topic. You've deviated from the topic of the MW going up. No need to talk about your unrelated diversion,

My refutation of your claim is not off topic.

You're kidding, right?

Your second chance.....

Butch up sally it is a legitimate question.

Forum List

Back