Minimum wage hike bankrupts company.

For what reason would you think that the minimum wage would have affected the decision to close the plants. I doubt that GM had any jobs at the minimum wage level, so how can YOU be so certain.

You are right, I don't work at General Motors. So, I cannot be certain. Some employees at the plants make 3x the minimum wage. Some are even making $75.

Also, you claimed that a paper company in Dexter, Michigan closed because of the minimum wage and offered a link to it's closing.

Where in that link does it mention the minimum wage as a reason or mention it at all.

A Manufacturing company in Dexter, Michigan folded due to minium wage bankruptcy.

KHHMAAXGWNAELK3ZCKK5BO3PUI.jpg

Thomson-Shore was founded in 1972, offering manufacturing, printing, publishing, production and distribution. The Sheridan Group, which produces books, magazines, journals and catalogs, formed after CJK acquired Chelsea-based Sheridan Books, Inc. and Dickinson Press in Grand Rapids.

So let’s see if I got this. Allegedly the company was paying people so poorly that they were forced to raise those wages while other businesses in the same area and in the same industry were paying their people more to start with and are still in business.

Me thinks the defunct company had other issues

https://www.foxnews.com/us/restauran...for-bankruptcy

Well, imagine that .

That's what will happen when sources demand that unskilled/uneducated employees get these kind of wages. These current politicians (4 freshman congresswomen) are demanding minimum wages be raised across the board & free health care along with other freebies for all.

Image what?

The article notes that none of the restaurants closed were in Seattle (one in Indiana were the min wage is $7.25/hr) by the restaurant chain. Also noted that Seattle has a lower unemployment rate than the national average and that 111 new restaurants opened in Seattle since May this year.

Fake story fake filing reason.

Just think if child labor was legal and we could pay them a dollar an hour... think how many jobs could be created and how fast businesses would grow!
a dumber thing has never been said,,,,
Actually, it was a good statement.

If you whine because you say raising the minimum wage would cause job loses, then you are saying lowering the rate would create more jobs.

So why don't you bring back child labor at $1 an hour. Look at the jobs you will create.

A fair question that you obviously can't answer..

makes sense for a lefty since they have no problem murdering children,,, a little hard labor is nothing

So it comes ack to abortion. This is like the go to response you Trumpettes have when you won't answer questions.

but but but abortion.

in this case it fits,,,lefties are willing to murder children so why not do forced labor if they survive abortion,,,
Only "lefties" have abortions, right?

A Manufacturing company in Dexter, Michigan folded due to minium wage bankruptcy.

Thomson-Shore was founded in 1972, offering manufacturing, printing, publishing, production and distribution. The Sheridan Group, which produces books, magazines, journals and catalogs, formed after CJK acquired Chelsea-based Sheridan Books, Inc. and Dickinson Press in Grand Rapids.

Print is dead. Can you provide an example from an industry that hasn't been slowly circling the drain for 20 years?
What about all that crap in your mailbox everyday. I wish that would die. LOL

If they are a chain of "high-end restaurants" and they were still paying employees minimum wage... and they had to close when minimum wage was raised, they were either not that good and didn't get enough business, or they were very badly mismanaged.

a dumber thing has never been said,,,,
Actually, it was a good statement.

If you whine because you say raising the minimum wage would cause job loses, then you are saying lowering the rate would create more jobs.

So why don't you bring back child labor at $1 an hour. Look at the jobs you will create.

A fair question that you obviously can't answer..

makes sense for a lefty since they have no problem murdering children,,, a little hard labor is nothing

So it comes ack to abortion. This is like the go to response you Trumpettes have when you won't answer questions.

but but but abortion.

in this case it fits,,,lefties are willing to murder children so why not do forced labor if they survive abortion,,,
Only "lefties" have abortions, right?

theyre the only ones advocating for it,,,

If they are a chain of "high-end restaurants" and they were still paying employees minimum wage... and they had to close when minimum wage was raised, they were either not that good and didn't get enough business, or they were very badly mismanaged.
Regardless of the reason now there are fewer jobs for those folks to work. Those who were working are now collecting unemployment.

Print is dead. Can you provide an example from an industry that hasn't been slowly circling the drain for 20 years?
What about all that crap in your mailbox everyday. I wish that would die. LOL

I think you'll ultimately see that go away too, albeit slowly.

Regardless of the reason now there are fewer jobs for those folks to work. Those who were working are now collecting unemployment.

You can't say regardless when the thread is blaming it on the minimum wage... That's the WHOLE point.

Shouldn't everyone get cost of living raises so that they can afford food and housing?
If a job can't pay enough for the person doing it to pay his rent and feed himself then it should be automated.
ROFLMFAO

If a job can’t provide the basic necessities, like food and shelter
then its time to get a second job, find a cheaper place to live

The majority of people are not on food stamps
because they can’t afford food,
it’s because they can’t afford what they want AND buy food

No one at McDonalds should be making $15 except management
Shouldn’t everyone live within their means

Shouldn't everyone get cost of living raises so that they can afford food and housing?
If a job can't pay enough for the person doing it to pay his rent and feed himself then it should be automated.
ROFLMFAO

In the 50's people could work at a restaurant and support their family. Cot of living has steadily gone up while the pay has not increased at the same pace. During that period of time there has become an even wider gap between the classes and the rich have gotten richer.

Your state of mind is why the rich will continue to get richer, they do so off the backs of the poor without providing proper compensation for it.

ROFLMFAO

I make $13.00 and live in Florida. I think it's a lot of money. More than enough to live on considering I work from home. I'm not one of the ones demanding a $15.00 minimum wage.

But, if a company pays so little the employee can't afford to live a decent life then that company needs to pay more for that employee instead of allowing Government to subsidize his business by providing government handouts to that employee.

Additionally, if everyone automates the none skill jobs so that the majority of citizens can no longer work, something needs to be done, humanly, to provide for them. For some people it's too late to learn a skill that requires an education, even a trade school education. It's coming to a head where such folks are going to be left out in the gutter to rot.

ROFLMFAO

In the 50's people could work at a restaurant and support their family. Cot of living has steadily gone up while the pay has not increased at the same pace. During that period of time there has become an even wider gap between the classes and the rich have gotten richer.

Your state of mind is why the rich will continue to get richer, they do so off the backs of the poor without providing proper compensation for it.
Off the backs of the poor eh ? And who might these poor people be ?? Generalizing something is a very clever thing that the Democrat politician's use like toliet paper in these struggles, but people have since caught on to it now.

ROFLMFAO

I make $13.00 and live in Florida. I think it's a lot of money. More than enough to live on considering I work from home. I'm not one of the ones demanding a $15.00 minimum wage.

But, if a company pays so little the employee can't afford to live a decent life then that company needs to pay more for that employee instead of allowing Government to subsidize his business by providing government handouts to that employee.

Additionally, if everyone automates the none skill jobs so that the majority of citizens can no longer work, something needs to be done, humanly, to provide for them. For some people it's too late to learn a skill that requires an education, even a trade school education. It's coming to a head where such folks are going to be left out in the gutter to rot.
What’s a decent life...what does that mean?

I make $12 at my first job
and $10 at my second and live in Chicago

Minimum wage just increased $1 beginning of July in Chiraq
but I work outside the city

If a company pays so little or doesn’t give hours
find another job or work two
The government shouldn’t be paying for food
so someone can have an IPhone and get their nails done
or because they don’t want to work 2 jobs

ROFLMFAO

Off the backs of the poor eh ? And who might these poor people be ?? Generalizing something is a very clever thing that the Democrat politician's use like toliet paper in these struggles, but people have since caught on to it now.

Yes off the backs of the poor. Do you think the Walton Family got rich off paying a high wage to all the workers?

Jeff Bezos? Ray Kroc? If you are going to respond with some crap, and call me a Democrat, you might want to show some proof.

Even people working for some of the biggest most successful companies in Silicon Valley live in garages, their cars, trucks in parking lots, because they can't afford to live in an apartment in the area they work. There is no generalizing about it.

Sadly, then even those that go to college and get a good paying job, have so much student loan debt, the amount they make at their job is cut off at the knees by the loan repayments they have to make for several years.

Wage Stagnation in Nine Charts

ROFLMFAO

Yes off the backs of the poor. Do you think the Walton Family got rich off paying a high wage to all the workers?

Jeff Bezos? Ray Kroc? If you are going to respond with some crap, and call me a Democrat, you might want to show some proof.

Even people working for some of the biggest most successful companies in Silicon Valley live in garages, their cars, trucks in parking lots, because they can't afford to live in an apartment in the area they work. There is no generalizing about it.

Sadly, then even those that go to college and get a good paying job, have so much student loan debt, the amount they make at their job is cut off at the knees by the loan repayments they have to make for several years.

No, the Walton family got rich from their customers

I don’t know how WalMart looks where you are
but, over by me the store is trashed ALL THE TIME
BECAUSE THE EMPLOYEES ARE FUCKING LAZY

There are no work ethics anymore

And, don’t even say...well, if they were paid better

NO, if you don’t have work ethics making pennies
you won’t have work ethics making dollars

https://www.foxnews.com/us/restauran...for-bankruptcy

Well, imagine that .

That's what will happen when sources demand that unskilled/uneducated employees get these kind of wages. These current politicians (4 freshman congresswomen) are demanding minimum wages be raised across the board & free health care along with other freebies for all.
Shouldn't everyone get cost of living raises so that they can afford food and housing? I don't expect them to live fancy but better than a bunk house, a cage like they do in Hong Kong or a coffin hotel like they do in Japan. If a job can't pay enough for the person doing it to pay his rent and feed himself then it should be automated.

Or your worker needs to live in a group setting with other employed people and/or stop having babies.

Maybe they can go back to the days of when we had share cropping, farming was booming in those days.

ROFLMFAO

No, the Walton family got rich from their customers

I don’t know how WalMart looks where you are
but, over by me the store is trashed ALL THE TIME
BECAUSE THE EMPLOYEES ARE FUCKING LAZY

There are no work ethics anymore

And, don’t even say...well, if they were paid better

NO, if you don’t have work ethics making pennies
you won’t have work ethics making dollars

Then you live in a shitty place because where I live it is full of meth heads and the Walmarts near me are clean and straight.

The fucking Walton family makes their money off of the employees that work in warehouses, which one is in London, KY near me, the drivers, stockers, cashiers, janitors, etc. Customers wouldn't have anything to buy if not for them.

You have no proof of what you are saying, I do.

ROFLMFAO

It is true that we have problems in this country for sure, but generalizing them isn't a good way of tackling them in the unique ways in which they should be tackled.

Forum List

Back