Minimum wage hike bankrupts company.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/restauran...for-bankruptcy

Well, imagine that .

That's what will happen when sources demand that unskilled/uneducated employees get these kind of wages. These current politicians (4 freshman congresswomen) are demanding minimum wages be raised across the board & free health care along with other freebies for all.

Too Funny. Another Democratic stroke of genius plan for America that blows up in the face of the country.

Because beagle asked if I was anti humanism and against gods plan after I brought up automation. Did you read the convo you jumped in on?

yes I did,,,and why your question is just dumb,,,
Is that the only way you know how to respond to things? That’s twice now you’ve done that
maybe thats telling you something???
Yes it does. It tells me that you have a tough time engaging in conversations

only dumb ones,,,
Sometimes my questions are meant to show the stupidity of the statements I’m responding to. Either way it seems to go right over your head. You probably shouldnt waste your time engaging with me... doesn’t seem like you’re following.

Companies that cant pay minimum wage should go bust. They undercut businesses that pay decent wages and drag the sector down Its a race to the bottom.
And what if the servers in a restaurant want to stay on the old method because they know they make way more than 15 an hour with tips?

LIke I said my friend's kid will pull in 600 bucks with tips on a couple weekend shifts but you want to tell him he has to work 40 hours a week for the same money

THAT"S what I call slave labor because you just told this kid you are slashing his pay for his own good

yes I did,,,and why your question is just dumb,,,
Is that the only way you know how to respond to things? That’s twice now you’ve done that

only dumb ones,,,
Sometimes my questions are meant to show the stupidity of the statements I’m responding to. Either way it seems to go right over your head. You probably shouldnt waste your time engaging with me... doesn’t seem like you’re following.
that might be your intent, but you end up looking dumber than those you are responding to,,,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/restauran...for-bankruptcy

Well, imagine that .

That's what will happen when sources demand that unskilled/uneducated employees get these kind of wages. These current politicians (4 freshman congresswomen) are demanding minimum wages be raised across the board & free health care along with other freebies for all.
Just think if child labor was legal and we could pay them a dollar an hour... think how many jobs could be created and how fast businesses would grow!
Maybe we could pay employees more than companies profit in a year!

That would workout great for America!

Fuck those greedy paycheck creators!
I know! It’s all good though, a few more years of robot development and then the biz owners won’t even need workers. They can sit on their lazy butts while R2D2 gets our corporate masters paid!!
So you are anti-humanism ???? Must be a sad life you live in a world created for humans. We are to please God, and that is why he created us, and why he has given us the ability to think, create, and care for one another just as he has done for us, and does for us. To become an attempted destroyer of Gods plan is an evil thing not a good thing.
Didn’t god give us the ability to create machines and use them in our lives and business to be more productive?
Yes "God" did, but he never intends for us to become anti-human in life, but only that we use such gifts as a way to improve our lives with them. Using anything wrongfully or wrong headed in the eyesight of God is a bad thing, and to not be responsible in life is also a bad thing. Going about over running resources, lusting, adulterating, creating chaos and havoc everywhere one goes is a bad thing. All proven throughout time, yet ignored over and over again by humans who would rather live their lives disregarding others, and most of all being irresponsible in the process of doing so.

only dumb ones,,,
that might be your intent, but you end up looking dumber than those you are responding to,,,
Well I guess that’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Just think if child labor was legal and we could pay them a dollar an hour... think how many jobs could be created and how fast businesses would grow!

I know! It’s all good though, a few more years of robot development and then the biz owners won’t even need workers. They can sit on their lazy butts while R2D2 gets our corporate masters paid!!
So you are anti-humanism ???? Must be a sad life you live in a world created for humans. We are to please God, and that is why he created us, and why he has given us the ability to think, create, and care for one another just as he has done for us, and does for us. To become an attempted destroyer of Gods plan is an evil thing not a good thing.
Didn’t god give us the ability to create machines and use them in our lives and business to be more productive?
Yes "God" did, but he never intends for us to become anti-human in life, but only that we use such gifts as a way to improve our lives with them. Using anything wrongfully or wrong headed in the eyesight of God is a bad thing, and to not be responsible in life is also a bad thing. Going about over running resources, lusting, adulterating, creating chaos and havoc everywhere one goes is a bad thing. All proven throughout time, yet ignored over and over again by humans who would rather live their lives disregarding others, and most of all being irresponsible in the process of doing so.
I agree with all of that, but I’m not seeing how using machines for your business is immoral. Cars, planes, computers have all replaced jobs that humans used to do. Is it immoral to use them?

only dumb ones,,,
Well I guess that’s all in the eye of the beholder.
From my eyes I have asked some thought provoking questions in which RealDave and beagle9 have given thought provoking responses to. For both those questions all you’ve done is call them dumb. Something is going over your head, try looking up.

I agree with all of that, but I’m not seeing how using machines for your business is immoral. Cars, planes, computers have all replaced jobs that humans used to do. Is it immoral to use them?
Nope, not immoral at all, and I never implied or said that. It is when these things are used in an immoral way that then makes them immoral. We can use all gifts that God gave us in a moral way, and we can also use them in an immoral way. It's up to us, but a price will be paid if knowingly and continually do wrong.

Again answer if those jobs and plant closing were because of the minimum wage.

I am sure in part, it was due to to that reason. But it was multiple of reasons why GM decided to close plants. It wasn't the MAIN reason.

For what reason would you think that the minimum wage would have affected the decision to close the plants. I doubt that GM had any jobs at the minimum wage level, so how can YOU be so certain.

A Manufacturing company in Dexter, Michigan folded due to minium wage bankruptcy.

KHHMAAXGWNAELK3ZCKK5BO3PUI.jpg

Thomson-Shore was founded in 1972, offering manufacturing, printing, publishing, production and distribution. The Sheridan Group, which produces books, magazines, journals and catalogs, formed after CJK acquired Chelsea-based Sheridan Books, Inc. and Dickinson Press in Grand Rapids.
Okay, I'm against this minimum wage of 15, but this is a little bit bullshit.

The folder operators at the company I worked for made 16 to 18 per hour in 2005.

For what reason would you think that the minimum wage would have affected the decision to close the plants. I doubt that GM had any jobs at the minimum wage level, so how can YOU be so certain.

You are right, I don't work at General Motors. So, I cannot be certain. Some employees at the plants make 3x the minimum wage. Some are even making $75.

Forum List

Back