Military Service

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Only one - fourth of America's Yoot qualifies for military service. Dropped out of school, criminal record, can't do the physical, scored "Doofis" on the qualification test. Et cetera.

For the first time in a decade, the Army failed to meet its recruitment target.

The good news is (if you want to look at this way), the Army's entrance standards are suitably high, and jobs for lower - middle class Yoot are relatively plentiful.

But Jesus, 25%? If we have a "need" we are in trouble. I suspect they would just start re - calling veterans.

Thankfully, not old fat ones like me.

they've been itching to fill the military with foreigners who need jobs , benefits and a way to become citizens . This might be the time DGS .

---smaller, better trained, more motivated/dedicated units are better/more efficient/etc than less trained, less motivated bigger units

Or it could be like it was for me I was too smart for them so they gave me a 1=Y classification because I dared to ask questions.

they've been itching to fill the military with foreigners who need jobs , benefits and a way to become citizens . This might be the time DGS .
---------------------------------------------just so i am not misunderstood , the last think i want to see is a USA Military full of mexicans or somalis . But i can see many USA Polyicians that would like that idea Taxman .

Only one - fourth of America's Yoot qualifies for military service. Dropped out of school, criminal record, can't do the physical, scored "Doofis" on the qualification test. Et cetera.

The good news is (if you want to look at this way), the Army's entrance standards are suitably high, and jobs for lower - middle class Yoot are relatively plentiful.

But Jesus, 25%? If we have a "need" we are in trouble. I suspect they would just start re - calling veterans.

If we have a need, they will change the standards. I joined the US Navy in 1979. Quit a few of the guys in my company in Basic Training had been given a choice by a judge, "Join the military or go to jail". I remember watching quite a few guys who needed help filling out basic forms.

If we have a need, they will change the standards. I joined the US Navy in 1979. Quit a few of the guys in my company in Basic Training had been given a choice by a judge, "Join the military or go to jail". I remember watching quite a few guys who needed help filling out basic forms.

That was me. GTO for fun and no chance of college. Judge said "go" and I did. Never regretted it.

That was me. GTO for fun and no chance of college. Judge said "go" and I did. Never regretted it.

Whatever the reason for enlisting, thank you for your service.

If we were in a true time of need a lot of those entrance requirements would probably be waived.

nope; just get the, "gunny sarge", involved.

What would you know about a "gunny sarge"? What you see in movies?

The thread is about someone worried about getting enough people to enlist. What would a "gunny sarge" do about that?

The thread is about someone worried about getting enough people to enlist. What would a "gunny sarge" do about that?
High numbers and plenty of practice.

WTF? That is simply nonsense with no bearing to the topic.

Not surprising.

Not surprising.
Men understand, practice and high numbers, makes perfect.

Not surprising.

You are lost.

The topic is about how the military will maintain the number of recruits they need.

First you suggest that the “gunny sarge” handle it. You claim to have this big intellect, but expect a “gunny sarge” to increase recruiting?

And when asked what you know about a “gunny sarge” or what relevance that has to the topic, you go with comments about sex? Really? Dude, you need to take your meds.

If we have a "need", the standards will drop. That's always what happens.....right now, the standards to get in are high....

Not surprising.

You are lost.

The topic is about how the military will maintain the number of recruits they need.

First you suggest that the “gunny sarge” handle it. You claim to have this big intellect, but expect a “gunny sarge” to increase recruiting?

And when asked what you know about a “gunny sarge” or what relevance that has to the topic, you go with comments about sex? Really? Dude, you need to take your meds.
lol. high numbers and plenty of practice, until every able bodied Person, passes the test.

Forum List

Back