Military Service makes a better politician.

Shooter: Yes... because the McD drive-thru position has the same challenges as an infantry platoon leader.

Ravir: Really?

Shooter: Yes

So you are telling me you honestly wouldn't be able to figure out if MD's drive thru employee is presidential material? That's pretty sad.

So you are telling me you honestly wouldn't be able to figure out if MD's drive thru employee is presidential material? That's pretty sad.
Don't dodge the issue.

Its YOUR claim that ANY career "gives the same insight to character or job capabilities".

Are you actually arguing that a career in fast food has the same challenges as a career in combat arms, thereby exposing the same capabilities and charachter traits?

Don't dodge the issue.

Its YOUR claim that ANY career "gives the same insight to character or job capabilities".

Are you actually arguing that a career in fast food has the same challenges as a career in combat arms, thereby exposing the same capabilities and charachter traits?

The same? What ever gave you that idea? I wouldn't vote for a drive-thru jockey...if that was the sum total of someone's accomplishment in life it would certainly give me an opinion on their capability and character.

Military service breeds aggression. Not exactly a quality we should be looking for in a leader.

The same? What ever gave you that idea?
"The same" is YOUR verbology, not mine.

YOU argue that:
Any career gives the same insight to character or job capabilities.

And so, according to you, a career in fast good gives you "the same" insight to character or job capabilities as one in combat arms.

So, I ask again:

"The same" is YOUR verbology, not mine.

YOU argue that:

And so, according to you, a career in fast good gives you "the same" insight to character or job capabilities as one in combat arms.

So, I ask again:

For some reason you are unable to understand. Any job gives the opportunity to find out someone's capabilities and character traits. I've never argued fast food and combat would expose the same capabilities, I don't even understand how you came to that conclusion. The same insight--Candidate A is a dope that never did anything but grunt work. Candidate B is intelligent and capable of leadership.

insight: 1 : the power or act of seeing into a situation : penetration 2 : the act or result of apprehending the inner nature of things or of seeing intuitively

YOU said it gives the SAME opportunity.

So, there's no way for you to argue that both jobs gove the same opportunity.

Jeebus! It gives me the same insight on their capabilities. Insight into their character and qualifications. Put down your gun and try to think with your brain.

This -might- be true if the same capabilities were being tested.

Do you REALLY think that's the case?

Would you think someone had any outstanding capabilities if all he/she ever accomplished was drive thru jockey? Or would your insight lead you to decide they did not?

That is an interesting question. There are two sides to the issue as I see it. Some people argue that you personally don’t have to have served in the military to be commander in chief. Presidents have generals and cabinet officials to advice him. Other people suggest that previous military experience is crucial. I just don’t know, but I would expand the topic and ask if other experiences are important. Should a candidate have experienced poverty? Should he have fallen on hard times to understand the difficulties that poor people face? Should he have been a bureaucrat in the past to understand the political system? I doubt that it is practical for a potential president to have sufficient experience in so many facets of life. It is enough that he is learned, has some understanding, and has honest forthright advisers.

I did several times. I can't help it if you don't know the meaning of the word insight.
And here we have the usual cop-out from someone that can't stand to admit that he is wrong.

Two different jobs -might- provide insight onto character and qualification IF the jobs tested similar character points and/or capabilities. Thus, your claim that "ANY career gives the SAME insight to character or job capabilities" is false.

And here we have the usual cop-out from someone that can't stand to admit that he is wrong.

Two different jobs -might- provide insight onto character and qualification IF the jobs tested similar capabilities. Thus, your claim that "ANY career gives the SAME insight to character or job capabilities" is false.

You still don't understand the meaning of the word insight.

But keep on believing that no one could divine the character and capability of someone that never left the drive thru.

You still don't understand the meaning of the word insight.
Still trying to avoid admitting that you're wrong?
Sad. Get help.

But keep on believing that no one could divine the character and capability of someone that never left the drive thru.
Sure you can.
But, contrary to your claim, you cannot get the SAME insight regarding that person's character/qualifications from that job as you can from a job that tests different character/qualifications (like a platoon leader).

Still trying to avoid admitting that you're wrong?
Sad. Get help.

Sure you can.
But, contrary to your claim, you cannot get the SAME insight regarding that person's character/qualifications from that job as you can from a job that tests different character/qualifications (like a platoon leader).

You might not be able to, but I'm pretty sure rational people could.

You might not be able to, but I'm pretty sure rational people could.
:rofl:

A rational person would immediately recognize that the reesponsibiilities and skill sets between the two jobs are completely different, and therefore any "insight" one might gain from one position doesnt in any way correlate to the other.

But, you keep believing otherwise, in your rather pathetic effort to keep from having to admit you're wrong.

:rofl:

A rational person would immediately recognize that the reesponsibiilities and skill sets between the two jobs are completely different, and therefore any "insight" one might gain from one position doesnt in any way correlate to the other.

But, you keep believing otherwise, in your rather pathetic effort to keep from having to admit you're wrong.

I'd happily admit to being wrong if I were. I'm just sorry that you have a poor grasp of the english language.

Forum List

Back