who will you vote for among the three

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mattskramer, Mar 9, 2008.

1. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Okay. So who will you vote for among the three? I was going to vote for McCain because I considered myself to be a moderate republican. Yet, as I research each candidate, carefully listen to the debates and review their history, I find myself leaning toward Obama. No. I’m not in love with Obama. I don’t believe every sentence that he utters. I’m not hypnotized. I know that he has exaggerated at least once or twice. I’m confident that McCain has also used some spin to try to convince people that he would be the best choice for president. Still, all things considered, I think that Obama will beat Hillary and that I’ll vote for Obama unless some “earth-shattering” event happens before Election Day.

2. indago

indago VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +179
    who will you vote for among the three

None of the above...

3. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Thanks. Then my vote will weigh that much more. Just imagine if nobody votes but me.

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,733
    Whichever Dem wins the nomination.

5. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Major events;
    Say maybe him receiving favors from Rezco, or finding out that Obama was unsure how he would have voted on the war in Iraq, find out that he would go back to Iraq if AQ emerged, find out that he belongs to a church that bestowed it's highest social award on a racist, find out that he would propose 800 billion dollars in new governmental spending.....If you need more I can supply more information?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. JeffWartman

JeffWartman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
  7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,224
    It's pretty amazing that the LP is really the only party left with sanity and at least SOME kind of political clout. They have almost automatic access to something like 42 state ballots.

The LP is what the RP used to be.

But, of course, Americans have been programmed to believe that Libertarians are "anarchist kooks", or the term made quite popular this year: "isolationist".

So what's up all you so-called TRUE conservative republicans? Would you rather vote for McCain (D-AZ), just to keep another Dem out, or vote for someone you can feel good about because they represent you?

8. Taomon

Taomon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I was leaning towards McCain, mostly based on his stance on torture. But after listening to him stammer and flip-flop while talking with Mitt Romney, I gave up on him.

I am not big on Hillary and she is showing a very ugly side recently. No I will not vote for Hillary.

I may not vote, but if I do...it will be for Obama, which is the only chance we may have to salvage our fledgling freedoms and our stature in the world.

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,224
    The absolute ONLY thing I like about Obama is his willingness to talk to enemies.

10. Taomon

Taomon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I agree with that is a quality that we need in a leader. But I like some of his other ideas too.