Military Pay Increases vs Welfare Patient's Pay Increases...

Seems like I remember always getting a pay raise in election years. Owe Bama must feel pretty confident that the Democrats have landed the service member's votes if he's talking about cutting what is usually a carrot held out to the military folks during election years. Either that or he's just plain stupid. Regardless of election year or not, the people in the military deserve every dime, and more, of the money they receive and a hefty pay raise is always good for their morale. Mama back home, while hubby is deployed, with the kidlets appreciates a nice pay raise too. She's just as much on active duty as the service member.

how much did you make when you were in the service?

oops, that's right, you never served.

:lol::lol::lol:

Those of us who actually served remember some years with big raises, some years with small raises, some years with no raise at all. We still served. We still honored our Country with our actions rather than just shooting our mouths off.

Is this the part in the thread where you start deciding who is a REAL American and who isn't, simply based on the fact that you served in our military?

Not me...but I DO have problems with people who have not served telling us about the military like they are an expert in it. I DO have problems with people who have not served calling military Veterans "cowards". That I have a problem with.

how much did you make when you were in the service?

oops, that's right, you never served.

ntp3i.jpg

Service Means EVERYTHING to you, doesn't it, del...

Go ahead and Post your Name, Rank and Final Pay... ;)

:)

peace...

is that the picture you use when you pleasure yourself?

what an honor.

That's what I Thought...

peace...

a 1.4% increase is NOT a CUT dear....

Well... That Link Named itself... ;)

As for a "Cut"... It's a Cut in the Previous Increase.

Isn't that what Liberals have said for Years when Proposed Decreases in Increases are on the Table?... :lol:

peace...

isn't THAT was republicans railed democrats for.....calling an increase a decrease because the increase was not as large as the previous year's increase?

i'm ok with it, as long as congress AND the president gives themselves, NOTHING!

:lol::lol::lol:

Those of us who actually served remember some years with big raises, some years with small raises, some years with no raise at all. We still served. We still honored our Country with our actions rather than just shooting our mouths off.

Is this the part in the thread where you start deciding who is a REAL American and who isn't, simply based on the fact that you served in our military?

Not me...but I DO have problems with people who have not served telling us about the military like they are an expert in it. I DO have problems with people who have not served calling military Veterans "cowards". That I have a problem with.

You have yet to Prove you have Served...

And who is Calling Veterans "Cowards" regarding their Service, Bodey?...

You Lie with an Ease that is Concerning. ;)

peace...

a 1.4% increase is NOT a CUT dear....

Well... That Link Named itself... ;)

As for a "Cut"... It's a Cut in the Previous Increase.

Isn't that what Liberals have said for Years when Proposed Decreases in Increases are on the Table?... :lol:

peace...

isn't THAT was republicans railed democrats for.....calling an increase a decrease because the increase was not as large as the previous year's increase?

i'm ok with it, as long as congress AND the president gives themselves, NOTHING!

I Concur...

peace...

More Troops Relying on Food Stamps
The agency reports that more than $31 million worth of food stamps were used at commissaries nationwide in 2008 – an increase of about $6.2 million, or more than 25 percent – from the $24.8 million redeemed in 2007. That contrasts with a 13 percent overall increase in food stamp use by Americans for the same period, according to the Department of Agriculture, which administers the food stamp program

The agency reports that more than $31 million worth of food stamps were used at commissaries nationwide in 2008 – an increase of about $6.2 million, or more than 25 percent – from the $24.8 million redeemed in 2007. That contrasts with a 13 percent overall increase in food stamp use by Americans for the same period, according to the Department of Agriculture, which administers the food stamp program

You aren't REALLY trying to compare military personnel to civilians, are you? You are aware of the housing benefits, etc, that military personnel receive to offset their perceived lack of pay?

In Washington state there is no increase on tanff payments, but there was a nation wide food stamp increase. Food stamps is also proven to be one of the best ways to stimulate the economy, and with YEARS of low wages some military families get food stamps.
Also, states set the amount they give to people for welfare...not the Federal government.

mal is an idiot.

In Washington state there is no increase on tanff payments, but there was a nation wide food stamp increase. Food stamps is also proven to be one of the best ways to stimulate the economy, and with YEARS of low wages some military families get food stamps.
Also, states set the amount they give to people for welfare...not the Federal government.

mal is an idiot.

I made no Assertions, you Shameless Troll...

Did you even Read the OP?...

As for your Claim... What was the "Welfare Reform" that Billy was Dragged Kicking and Screaming to Sign back in the 90's?...

peace...

It's always been there, Luissa. I remember having to counsel some junior enlisted...usually those with families...show them how to apply for food stamps. And this was in South Texas where the local economy wasn't all that extreme. I was renting a 2 bedroom apartment for $180 a month. BTW...that was with Reagan as president.

It's always been there, Luissa. I remember having to counsel some junior enlisted...usually those with families...show them how to apply for food stamps. And this was in South Texas where the local economy wasn't all that extreme. I was renting a 2 bedroom apartment for $180 a month. BTW...that was with Reagan as president.

You are a Dishonest Hack...

peace...

You aren't REALLY trying to compare military personnel to civilians, are you? You are aware of the housing benefits, etc, that military personnel receive to offset their perceived lack of pay?

so you're saying that military dependents are scamming the food stamp program?

nice

It IS amusing to have someone who's never seen the inside of a recruiter's station thinking they can "school" us on the military and what goes on with military families.

It's Amusing that you Assume anything... It's also Amusing that you have Proven NOTHING.

Keep going, Dumptruck. :clap2:

peace...

Forum List

Back