middle class, educated and hungry

If she was doing all that, and only made $38,000, she was relying on someone else anyway.

You will no doubt be surprised to discover that she was making $17,000 more per year than the averge median income.

I know..shocking how poorly paid so many of your fellow Americans are, isn't it?

But it does rather answer the question why aren't people saving for retirement and investing for their futures, doesn't it?

Current Median Income Table for Georgia

Are you using some of that popular FUZZY MATH

Food Insecurity?

Now I've heard everyhing.... you leftists asshats never miss an opportunity to make victims out of anybody.

Omg, you've missed out. It's the next "animal rights" fad. There are grants being done for studies (I got to deal with some of these idiots) and all sorts of movements going on (or maybe it's just one movement spread thin) that focus on food availability. It all ties in with the farmer's market movement.

And the premise is pretty good, really. It makes sense to be able to feed your own community from within your community. I live in an isolated area, and we had a winter where essentially the roads were shut down for 2 week. We traveled them, or at least some of us did, the ones with appropriate vehicles. But all big truck traffic was cut off. We didn't get groceries to our stores for weeks. They ran out of bread, milk, a lot of the veggies. Still had canned stuff and juices. But it opens your eyes a little when you can't get milk or fresh meat, and you're in the middle of COW country!

I guess I had hoped you actually cared about people , my mistake

If Democrats care so much about people, why won't they CUT TAXES and SPENDING and create more jobs for them??????????

As I said before, she's playing from this playbook.

gingrichgrinch.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Food Insecurity?

Now I've heard everyhing.... you leftists asshats never miss an opportunity to make victims out of anybody.

Omg, you've missed out. It's the next "animal rights" fad. There are grants being done for studies (I got to deal with some of these idiots) and all sorts of movements going on (or maybe it's just one movement spread thin) that focus on food availability. It all ties in with the farmer's market movement.

And the premise is pretty good, really. It makes sense to be able to feed your own community from within your community. I live in an isolated area, and we had a winter where essentially the roads were shut down for 2 week. We traveled them, or at least some of us did, the ones with appropriate vehicles. But all big truck traffic was cut off. We didn't get groceries to our stores for weeks. They ran out of bread, milk, a lot of the veggies. Still had canned stuff and juices. But it opens your eyes a little when you can't get milk or fresh meat, and you're in the middle of COW country!

Yes, a lifetime of welfare and food stamps is very compassionate.

If Democrats care so much about people, why won't they CUT TAXES and SPENDING and create more jobs for them??????????

gingrichgrinch.jpg

You must understand the mindset of the left. If you're poor, the whole problem is that somebody else has your money.

:cuckoo:

gingrichgrinch.jpg

You must understand the mindset of the left. If you're poor, the whole problem is that somebody else has your money.

Yes, but the funny part is THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS HASN'T EVEN BEEN SEATED YET!

And, just like 1994, the liberal media and tools like Truthlies, are already ramping up the starving children playbook.

If they are starving, IT'S BECAUSE OF OBAMA AND THE DEMOCRATS, the Republicans haven't even been seated!

gingrichgrinch.jpg

Yes, but the funny part is THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS HASN'T EVEN BEEN SEATED YET!

And, just like 1994, the liberal media and tools like Truthlies, are already ramping up the starving children playbook.

If they are starving, IT'S BECAUSE OF OBAMA AND THE DEMOCRATS, the Republicans haven't even been seated!

Well, there is that. Then again, there's always that.

Redistribution for those who refuse to take care of their responsibilities, at the expense of those that do, thru a huge bureaucratic and wasteful system, is the 'best' stimulus...

How fucking laughable

Hmmmm lets see your idiot ramblings yanked out of the ass of Glen Beck or harvard economist study??????

I choose the study.

Reality of a huge and wasteful government program, thru multi levels of agencies, .vs people earning and dealing in the economy without a wasteful middle man...
Absolutely!!!!

"These new initiatives are funded by ending the current $ub$idie$ given to financial institutions that make guaranteed federal student loans. Starting July 1, all new loans will be direct loans delivered and collected by private companies under performance-based contracts with the Department of Education. According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, ending these wasteful $ub$idie$ will free up nearly $68 billion for college affordability and deficit reduction over the next 11 years."

:woohoo:

Food Insecurity?

I do care about people. I work with this population, always have, and I did that because that's who I wanted to help.

And the best way to help them isn't to provide more food or tweak the economy. These people can't budget a dollar. The problem is NOT that there are rich people in the world. The problem is that we have #1, raised a population of people who BELIEVE they are responsible for nothing, but the government is responsible for everything, and we've raised a population of people who think it's not their job to take care of their old people.

We've removed accountability. When that happens, people starve.

at $250,000 a year in salary, assuming youre in the 25% tax bracket. Mean that you are taking home $15,625 per month after taxes. Compared to at a single person making $50,000 and in the 29% tax bracket taking home $2,960 per month after taxes.

hmmmm 5 times the pretax income, and 5 times the post tax income. and you say $250k is not rich.

we can even go farther.

Assume a $1,000,000 mortgage, 3 kids and 2 SUV's

Monthly Expenses
Mortgage - $7,000
Household Expenses (utils, food, insurance, gas etx) - $2,500
Car Payment ($2 @ $600) - $1,200
Kids Expenses ($700 / kid per month) - $2,100

Approx Total - $12,800
disposable income left $2,825

Not exactly a struggle to live.

Yep..Now, what about when your furnace breaks, your air conditioning, you need a new roof, your car breaks down, your savings account, and that ridiculous little thing called retirement, as well as holidays, washers, dryers, stoves, and the list goes on.

If you're only paying $2500 for utilities, insurance for both cars, homeowners insurance, food, clothes, vet bills, gas, savings account, etc I'd like to know what kind of deals YOU'RE getting.

I'm guessing you have a lot of CC debt, or you have never lived the life you're describing at the income level you're describing, because living that life (minus kids) I can tell you there's not that much disposable income.

lets break it down.

Utilities $500 (about average)
Car Insurance ($100 - $150 / vehicle) - $300 (average rate for a good driver)
Food - $1000 ($250 / weeks aint bad)
Gas - $300
Clothes - $200
Homeowners insurance - $200
total $2500 (not an exact science but you get the point)

not everyone had a pet so you can throw out vet bills. savings comes out of disposable income. washers, dryers & stoves typically come with your home and last for year - so dont try to throw that into a monthly expense.

everyone has emergencies like replacing a furnace or AC unit. but you still have $2800 a month in disposable income. you can apply that to saving, retirement, college tuition or the rainy day fun.

these people are living with a lot of luxuries. but def not beyond their means. they didnt need a $1,000,000 home. what if they bought a $500,000 with a $3500 mortgage? is that extra $3500 a month more than enough to satisfy you need for more $?

still point out to me how this lifestyle is a struggle?

For the second time now, where did I say it was a "struggle"? I simply said it doesn't qualify as rich, and it doesn't. Stop lying.

I have a comfortable life, that I work my ass off for (50-60 weeks on average), but I am by no means "rich". I don't have a million dollar house, my car is an 08 Rav4; not a Caddy, or a Porsche. I still grumble about a $300 a month heating bill, and I still check prices on everything I buy. Oh, and my house certainly did not come furnished with appliances. It DID have carpeting in 2 rooms, tho. :eusa_eh:

The new hungry: College-educated, middle-class cope with food insecurity - CNN.com

The new hungry: College-educated, middle-class cope with food insecurityBy Stephanie Chen, CNNDecember 13, 2010 9:08 a.m. EST
Rolanda McCarty, who was laid off and once earned $38,000 a year, relies on a food bank to feed her USDA: About 50 million Americans live in food insecure households

Food banks across the country are experiencing an uptick in demand

A growing number of food insecure people are college-educated and middle-class

Families have to make tough decisions between paying the bills and buying dinnerLawrenceville, Georgia (CNN) -- Come Christmas dinner, Rolanda McCarty, a 36-year-old single mother, usually goes all out.

Her table last year featured a rosemary-and-oil rubbed turkey and a sweet ham. She prepared fresh collard greens according to her grandmother's recipe. The dessert -- a rich butter pound cake -- was made from scratch.

But after being laid off from her technical recruiting job in January because of the struggling economy, there will be no fancy holiday feast, no family members pouring into her downsized one-bedroom apartment. She will rely on what she has: canned vegetables and microwavable meals from her community food bank.

"It was a little bit embarrassing," said McCarty of accessing the food pantry at the Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry for the first time last month. "But you know, I have to do what I have to do to survive."

It is perhaps around the holidays, a period of celebration often centered on food, when there is no clearer reminder for many once middle-class families of what life used to taste like. McCarty, who is college educated and served in the Air Force for four years, describes herself as "an independent person," who earned $38,000 a year before the economy took a turn.
probmap.gif

probmapkey.gif

Yea, we got it SOOOO baaaad.

I do care about people. I work with this population, always have, and I did that because that's who I wanted to help.

And the best way to help them isn't to provide more food or tweak the economy. These people can't budget a dollar. The problem is NOT that there are rich people in the world. The problem is that we have #1, raised a population of people who BELIEVE they are responsible for nothing, but the government is responsible for everything, and we've raised a population of people who think it's not their job to take care of their old people.

We've removed accountability. When that happens, people starve.

They're called Millennium Babies, and they're born, and raised with a sense of "entitlement".

middle class, educated and hungry

Shit, let's all head to Mexico, work on our accented English, sneak back over the Border, and live tax free, with Federal Aid and protection ;)

gingrichgrinch.jpg

If Republicans care so much about people, why wont they propose any of the same?

Yep..Now, what about when your furnace breaks, your air conditioning, you need a new roof, your car breaks down, your savings account, and that ridiculous little thing called retirement, as well as holidays, washers, dryers, stoves, and the list goes on.

If you're only paying $2500 for utilities, insurance for both cars, homeowners insurance, food, clothes, vet bills, gas, savings account, etc I'd like to know what kind of deals YOU'RE getting.

I'm guessing you have a lot of CC debt, or you have never lived the life you're describing at the income level you're describing, because living that life (minus kids) I can tell you there's not that much disposable income.

lets break it down.

Gas - $300
Clothes - $200

not everyone had a pet so you can throw out vet bills. savings comes out of disposable income. washers, dryers & stoves typically come with your home and last for year - so dont try to throw that into a monthly expense.

everyone has emergencies like replacing a furnace or AC unit. but you still have $2800 a month in disposable income. you can apply that to saving, retirement, college tuition or the rainy day fun.

these people are living with a lot of luxuries. but def not beyond their means. they didnt need a $1,000,000 home. what if they bought a $500,000 with a $3500 mortgage? is that extra $3500 a month more than enough to satisfy you need for more $?

For the second time now, where did I say it was a "struggle"? I simply said it doesn't qualify as rich, and it doesn't. Stop lying.

I have a comfortable life, that I work my ass off for (50-60 weeks on average), but I am by no means "rich". I don't have a million dollar house, my car is an 08 Rav4; not a Caddy, or a Porsche. I still grumble about a $300 a month heating bill, and I still check prices on everything I buy. Oh, and my house certainly did not come furnished with appliances. It DID have carpeting in 2 rooms, tho. :eusa_eh:

do i assume you make over $250k annually?

lets break it down.

Gas - $300
Clothes - $200

We come close to that, but not over, no.

Are you going to acknowledge the fact that you're putting words in my mouth that I never said? Or are you going to keep glossing over that little lie?

gingrichgrinch.jpg

If Republicans care so much about people, why wont they propose any of the same?

Haven't you been listening? They are! Chris Christie is blasting it the loudest. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lets break it down.

Gas - $300
Clothes - $200

Dis is rich! Dis is rich!

Common sense says so!!!! Get HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Boom2:

What is it with you libs and anyone that makes $250K?????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

She should be ashamed of herself....Thank GOD for canned vegetables and microwavable meals....and, TRY to put herself in the shoes of those more-deserving of help!!!

:eusa_boohoo:

If it wasn't for people-like-her, we wouldn't even need to discuss issues like The Estate Tax!!!

:hmpf:

She needs to understand, that.....DUE to the Estate Tax.....entire-families may be required to develop marketable-skills, and leave home....every DAY....and, work to support themselves!!!! :eek:

We're talkin'....families that were developed by Intelligent Design....individuals who (thru no choice of their OWN) we're born-INTO positions of authority & wealth by Divine Right!!!!!

$$$

Bush%20family%20photo.jpg

$$$

These are people who came-up from hardscrabble beginings...

"Other partners and captains included Joseph Taylor Gilman, William Henry King, John Alsop Griswold, Captain Lovett and Captain J. Prescott.

Captain Prescott called on his friend and agent in Hong Kong F.T. Bush, Esq. frequently."​

.....and, are deserving of ALL God's gifts....yet, they only choose free-access to the U.S. National Treasury!!!

That woman should count her blessings....and, be thankful she can DO so, on ONE HAND!!!!

:eusa_hand:

Who the hell are you, and why are you typing like a fucking moron?
Aw, jeez.....a new, hypertext-challenged Bubblehead.

How fortunate......

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back