middle class, educated and hungry

Yep..Now, what about when your furnace breaks, your air conditioning, you need a new roof, your car breaks down, your savings account, and that ridiculous little thing called retirement, as well as holidays, washers, dryers, stoves, and the list goes on.

If you're only paying $2500 for utilities, insurance for both cars, homeowners insurance, food, clothes, vet bills, gas, savings account, etc I'd like to know what kind of deals YOU'RE getting.

I'm guessing you have a lot of CC debt, or you have never lived the life you're describing at the income level you're describing, because living that life (minus kids) I can tell you there's not that much disposable income.

lets break it down.

Utilities $500 (about average)
Car Insurance ($100 - $150 / vehicle) - $300 (average rate for a good driver)
Food - $1000 ($250 / weeks aint bad)
Gas - $300
Clothes - $200
Homeowners insurance - $200
total $2500 (not an exact science but you get the point)

not everyone had a pet so you can throw out vet bills. savings comes out of disposable income. washers, dryers & stoves typically come with your home and last for year - so dont try to throw that into a monthly expense.

everyone has emergencies like replacing a furnace or AC unit. but you still have $2800 a month in disposable income. you can apply that to saving, retirement, college tuition or the rainy day fun.

these people are living with a lot of luxuries. but def not beyond their means. they didnt need a $1,000,000 home. what if they bought a $500,000 with a $3500 mortgage? is that extra $3500 a month more than enough to satisfy you need for more $?

still point out to me how this lifestyle is a struggle?

For the second time now, where did I say it was a "struggle"? I simply said it doesn't qualify as rich, and it doesn't. Stop lying.

I have a comfortable life, that I work my ass off for (50-60 weeks on average), but I am by no means "rich". I don't have a million dollar house, my car is an 08 Rav4; not a Caddy, or a Porsche. I still grumble about a $300 a month heating bill, and I still check prices on everything I buy. Oh, and my house certainly did not come furnished with appliances. It DID have carpeting in 2 rooms, tho. :eusa_eh:

$300 heating bill? that would make me cry.:eek:

For the second time now, where did I say it was a "struggle"? I simply said it doesn't qualify as rich, and it doesn't. Stop lying.

I have a comfortable life, that I work my ass off for (50-60 weeks on average), but I am by no means "rich". I don't have a million dollar house, my car is an 08 Rav4; not a Caddy, or a Porsche. I still grumble about a $300 a month heating bill, and I still check prices on everything I buy. Oh, and my house certainly did not come furnished with appliances. It DID have carpeting in 2 rooms, tho. :eusa_eh:

do i assume you make over $250k annually?

Dis is rich! Dis is rich!

Common sense says so!!!! Get HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Boom2:

What is it with you libs and anyone that makes $250K?????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

its simply to point out that $250k is not middle class and when someone making 20% of what they make is paying more of their income (as a percentage) to taxes. the system is broken.

If Democrats care so much about people, why won't they CUT TAXES and SPENDING and create more jobs for them??????????

As I said before, she's playing from this playbook.

gingrichgrinch.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If Republicans care so much about people, why wont they propose any of the same?

Haven't you been listening? They are! Chris Christie is blasting it the loudest. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Chris Christie is the governer of New Jersey. and seeing as how he doesnt have any say or influence on government spending, hes doesnt every qualify to be part of the argument. Tell me where Boehner, McConnel or Cantor has suggested any spending cuts?

WTF are you talking about? I couldn't do that on $38,000 BEFORE Bush. I can do that now at about 4 times that.

And this highlights the sophistry of Obama calling people who make $250K The Rich.

The fact is that, due to inflation and an increased tax burden, in many regions of the country, it takes a 6 figure income to maintain a basic middle class life style.

Rich is a realitive term.

Tell me the percent of Americans who make 250,000 in the US?

How about you go and find that out and tell us yourself.

do i assume you make over $250k annually?

its simply to point out that $250k is not middle class and when someone making 20% of what they make is paying more of their income (as a percentage) to taxes. the system is broken.

Who are YOU to decide what is middle class? And who are YOU to decide what is rich?

The system is broken indeed when we have little elitists like you who think they are judge and jury on how much a person may make before we must get "even" with them.

You class envy partisans are doing nothing but hiding your greed for other people's money under the cloak of "caring" for the poor.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If Republicans care so much about people, why wont they propose any of the same?

Haven't you been listening? They are! Chris Christie is blasting it the loudest. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Chris Christie is the governer of New Jersey. and seeing as how he doesnt have any say or influence on government spending, hes doesnt every qualify to be part of the argument. Tell me where Boehner, McConnel or Cantor has suggested any spending cuts?

Don't be so sure on that. A lot of people are grooming Christie to run for president. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study - Jan. 29, 2008

This is how the so called Christain party reacts to hungry people at Christmas time.

No compassion added with no logic

Yeah, that damn Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul. They do nothing.

Neither does the Catholic church or any Baptist or Methodist church you talk to. They do NOTHING for the poor.

Do you know how ignorant you sound?

TM is about as ignorant and full of blind partisan rhetoric as anyone on here

She should be ashamed of herself....Thank GOD for canned vegetables and microwavable meals....and, TRY to put herself in the shoes of those more-deserving of help!!!

:eusa_boohoo:

If it wasn't for people-like-her, we wouldn't even need to discuss issues like The Estate Tax!!!

:hmpf:

She needs to understand, that.....DUE to the Estate Tax.....entire-families may be required to develop marketable-skills, and leave home....every DAY....and, work to support themselves!!!! :eek:

We're talkin'....families that were developed by Intelligent Design....individuals who (thru no choice of their OWN) we're born-INTO positions of authority & wealth by Divine Right!!!!!

$$$

Bush%20family%20photo.jpg

$$$

These are people who came-up from hardscrabble beginings...

.....and, are deserving of ALL God's gifts....yet, they only choose free-access to the U.S. National Treasury!!!

That woman should count her blessings....and, be thankful she can DO so, on ONE HAND!!!!

:eusa_hand:

Who the hell are you, and why are you typing like a fucking moron?
Aw, jeez.....a new, hypertext-challenged Bubblehead.

How fortunate......

:rolleyes:

Not even close. You simply look like a fucking idiot.

Yeah, that damn Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul. They do nothing.

Neither does the Catholic church or any Baptist or Methodist church you talk to. They do NOTHING for the poor.

Do you know how ignorant you sound?

TM is about as ignorant and full of blind partisan rhetoric as anyone on here

TM knows what she thinks she knows. She is no different than the majority out there. Look at Obama's ratings. Never mind how much it costs the media to depict him the way they do. Look at the numbers. Things will get much worse before they get better.

Who are YOU to decide what is middle class? And who are YOU to decide what is rich?

The system is broken indeed when we have little elitists like you who think they are judge and jury on how much a person may make before we must get "even" with them.

You class envy partisans are doing nothing but hiding your greed for other people's money under the cloak of "caring" for the poor.

i didnt decide who middle class is, and where the cut off is.

"Everyone wants to believe they are middle class...But this eagerness...has led the definition to be stretched like a bungee cord — used to defend/attack/describe everything...The Drum Major Institute...places the range for middle class at individuals making between $25,000 and $100,000 a year. Ah yes, there's a group of people bound to run into each other while house-hunting.
—Dante Chinni"

Factcheck defines middle class as:

Public opinion polls show how slippery the term can be. An Oct. 2007 poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation, Harvard School of Public Health and National Public Radio asked 1,527 adults what income level makes a family of four middle class. About 60 percent said a family earning $50,000 or $60,000 fit that description. But 42 percent answered an income of $40,000 and 48 percent said $80,000 were both middle class.
FactCheck.org: Is there a standard, accepted definition of what constitutes the "middle class"?

"For example, Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards calls for "tax breaks to honor and strengthen three pillars of America's middle class: savings, work, and families." One of his proposals is to expand a tax credit to give dollar-for-dollar matches on savings up to $500 a year. Some version of that credit would be available to families earning up to $75,000.

Republican candidate Mitt Romney, meanwhile, has proposed eliminating "taxes on dividends, capital gains, and interest on middle class families." He defines "middle class" as anyone with an adjusted gross income of under $200,000 – and acknowledges that such a proposal would affect "over 95 percent of American families."

$250k a year, is not middle class by any of these standards.

"Everyone wants to believe they are middle class...But this eagerness...has led the definition to be stretched like a bungee cord — used to defend/attack/describe everything...The Drum Major Institute...places the range for middle class at individuals making between $25,000 and $100,000 a year. Ah yes, there's a group of people bound to run into each other while house-hunting.
—Dante Chinni"

Public opinion polls show how slippery the term can be. An Oct. 2007 poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation, Harvard School of Public Health and National Public Radio asked 1,527 adults what income level makes a family of four middle class. About 60 percent said a family earning $50,000 or $60,000 fit that description. But 42 percent answered an income of $40,000 and 48 percent said $80,000 were both middle class.
FactCheck.org: Is there a standard, accepted definition of what constitutes the "middle class"?

"For example, Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards calls for "tax breaks to honor and strengthen three pillars of America's middle class: savings, work, and families." One of his proposals is to expand a tax credit to give dollar-for-dollar matches on savings up to $500 a year. Some version of that credit would be available to families earning up to $75,000.

Republican candidate Mitt Romney, meanwhile, has proposed eliminating "taxes on dividends, capital gains, and interest on middle class families." He defines "middle class" as anyone with an adjusted gross income of under $200,000 – and acknowledges that such a proposal would affect "over 95 percent of American families."

Right, take the average Federal Worker Salary and cut it in half, ignore the Vacation time, hours less than 40 worked per week, Insurance, and perks, and you get the middle class. :lol:

I get hungry every day. See, if your body isn't hungry, then you are dead or seriously ill.

In fact, I'm hungry right now. According to TM I need a government hand out. Personally, I dont want the government to have that much power over me. So ill just go get my own food.

However, if there are people geniunely starving in the United States. I would humbly suggest that it would be because:

1) Some stupid environmentalists thought it was a brilliant idea to burn our food for fuel rather than drill for oil so our food (and, suprise, gas prices) went up.
2) Some stupid people who think we can just spend money without restraint, printing it if we have to, driving up food and gas prices through inflation. (Which is conveniently ignored when the government calculates inflation)
3) The price of college has been artificially jacked up because the universities know that the students can get a certain amount of money at a subsidized rate from the Federal Government so this college educated student likely has an insane amount of debt they have to pay back preventing them from having money saved for a rainy day here.
4) Said educated student had to work till April simply to pay off the taxes owed to the government. Thus having much less money then she could have had for food.

Looking at the problem, it seems like the biggest obstacles in her feeding herself are bad government policies supported by TM. Ironic, no?

—Dante Chinni"

Right, take the average Federal Worker Salary and cut it in half, ignore the Vacation time, hours less than 40 worked per week, Insurance, and perks, and you get the middle class. :lol:

hmmm USA says the average federal worker makes almost $68,000. id still say that qualifies as middle class.

Federal pay ahead of private industry - USATODAY.com

none of the rest of what you posted has any bearing on the argument. its all based on annual salary.

Rand Paul has been disproved about the claim that federal employees make $120k per year as well.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter...aul-says-federal-workers-paid-120000-private/

Last edited:

—Dante Chinni"

It figures you didn't get it.

Factcheck is as liberal as you.

It wasn't until Obama cited that figure that $250K was considered "rich."

My point being there are a lot of people making $250K at a small business that are NOT rich.

Besides which, even if Dis made that much why does that automatically discredit her opinion?

It is money SHE earns, so it seems none of your business how much she earns whether it's minimum wage or as much as Rush Limbaugh makes a year.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

—Dante Chinni"

hmmm USA says the average federal worker makes almost $68,000. id still say that qualifies as middle class.

Federal pay ahead of private industry - USATODAY.com

none of the rest of what you posted has any bearing on the argument. its all based on annual salary.

Rand Paul has been disproved about the claim that federal employees make $120k per year as well.

PolitiFact | Rand Paul says federal workers paid $120,000, private-sector workers only $60,000

Oh the liberal media says Rand Paul is wrong.

Boy, that's the last word on the subject, you know that!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gott alove this from the cited CNN article

Rosalinde Block, 58, of New York is a musician and author who spent almost 30 years teaching piano lessons. She lost many of her clients during the recession. Despite her degree from Sarah Lawrence College and her teaching experience, she found herself out of work and unable to provide for her teenage son.

Sounds more like wanting to do what you have been doing, rather than doing whatever it takes to take care of your personal responsibilities... which happens in many many cases... funny, I bet I can find waitress jobs, bartender jobs, retail clerk jobs, and many MANY others...

This is the typical media sob story.. used for an agenda.. the typical charity story, trying to garner donations... and a typical 'study', with outrageous claims , and accepted by agenda driven zealots because it does fit their agenda

The part I made big, yup thats the problem with a lot of the currently unemployed.

Not all of them but many aren't willing to work 2 jobs one at mcdonalds and the other stocking shelves at night to make ends meet. They will only take that accounts payable job that they had before.

there isnt enough jobs for everyone to go around. Damn those lazy bastards that wont work two jobs to make ends meet. It has to be them, Right?

I think you missed something I typed.

If we arrested all the illegal immigrants there would be plenty of minimum wage jobs for people to double and triple up on.

—Dante Chinni"

It figures you didn't get it.

Factcheck is as liberal as you.

It wasn't until Obama cited that figure that $250K was considered "rich."

My point being there are a lot of people making $250K at a small business that are NOT rich.

Besides which, even if Dis made that much why does that automatically discredit her opinion?

It is money SHE earns, so it seems none of your business how much she earns whether it's minimum wage or as much as Rush Limbaugh makes a year.

can someone please use a talking point other than "they are liberal"?

CNN is not liberal, FactCheck is not liberal.

From fact check :
"We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.
FactCheck.org is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels."

MSNBC IS liberal
Fox News in conservative

i didnt discredit her opinion at all. i asked the questions if she made more than $250k. but i didnt get an answer. i wanted to simply know so i could get the basis for her opinion.

there is a difference between rich and wealthy.

Forum List

Back