middle class, educated and hungry

people who make 250,000 and above are rich.

Why did boody claim they are not?

Because they aren't, you moron. At $250,000, in a 2-person household, you can afford 2 cell phones, 2 cars, your mortgage, your utilities, food, clothing, etc. You do NOT have an excess of cash you can just go out and blow at random on anything you want. You have a decent sized savings account if you're smart, instead.

THAT is not rich - THAT is called being careful with what you have. You still have to look at larger purchases carefully, and decide whether you can afford it, without irresponsibly dumping it on a credit card, and expecting someone else to pick up the tab if something happens.

at $250,000 a year in salary, assuming youre in the 25% tax bracket. Mean that you are taking home $15,625 per month after taxes. Compared to at a single person making $50,000 and in the 29% tax bracket taking home $2,960 per month after taxes.

hmmmm 5 times the pretax income, and 5 times the post tax income. and you say $250k is not rich.

we can even go farther.

Assume a $1,000,000 mortgage, 3 kids and 2 SUV's

Monthly Expenses
Mortgage - $7,000
Household Expenses (utils, food, insurance, gas etx) - $2,500
Car Payment ($2 @ $600) - $1,200
Kids Expenses ($700 / kid per month) - $2,100

Approx Total - $12,800
disposable income left $2,825

Not exactly a struggle to live.

Yep..Now, what about when your furnace breaks, your air conditioning, you need a new roof, your car breaks down, your savings account, and that ridiculous little thing called retirement, as well as holidays, washers, dryers, stoves, and the list goes on.

If you're only paying $2500 for utilities, insurance for both cars, homeowners insurance, food, clothes, vet bills, gas, savings account, etc I'd like to know what kind of deals YOU'RE getting.

I'm guessing you have a lot of CC debt, or you have never lived the life you're describing at the income level you're describing, because living that life (minus kids) I can tell you there's not that much disposable income.

Are the people who make 250,000 and above rich?

they are a mere 2% of the population.

So because we outnumber them we are justified in just taking from them? Our need is not a virtue in itself. When something either stops working for you or plainly never has, won't you even consider trying something different?

Umm dude they are the ones who benifited from the crash.

Are the people who make 250,000 and above rich?

they are a mere 2% of the population.

So because we outnumber them we are justified in just taking from them? Our need is not a virtue in itself. When something either stops working for you or plainly never has, won't you even consider trying something different?

trying what differently? Clinton taxes high income earners at 39% and the economy flourished.

Because they aren't, you moron. At $250,000, in a 2-person household, you can afford 2 cell phones, 2 cars, your mortgage, your utilities, food, clothing, etc. You do NOT have an excess of cash you can just go out and blow at random on anything you want. You have a decent sized savings account if you're smart, instead.

THAT is not rich - THAT is called being careful with what you have. You still have to look at larger purchases carefully, and decide whether you can afford it, without irresponsibly dumping it on a credit card, and expecting someone else to pick up the tab if something happens.

at $250,000 a year in salary, assuming youre in the 25% tax bracket. Mean that you are taking home $15,625 per month after taxes. Compared to at a single person making $50,000 and in the 29% tax bracket taking home $2,960 per month after taxes.

hmmmm 5 times the pretax income, and 5 times the post tax income. and you say $250k is not rich.

we can even go farther.

Monthly Expenses
Mortgage - $7,000

Approx Total - $12,800

Yep..Now, what about when your furnace breaks, your air conditioning, you need a new roof, your car breaks down, your savings account, and that ridiculous little thing called retirement, as well as holidays, washers, dryers, stoves, and the list goes on.

If you're only paying $2500 for utilities, insurance for both cars, homeowners insurance, food, clothes, vet bills, gas, savings account, etc I'd like to know what kind of deals YOU'RE getting.

I'm guessing you have a lot of CC debt, or you have never lived the life you're describing at the income level you're describing, because living that life (minus kids) I can tell you there's not that much disposable income.

Then who is the rich in the US?

we can even go farther.

Monthly Expenses
Mortgage - $7,000

Approx Total - $12,800

So? Sounds like a good thing that more people should aspire to.

But no, let's tear them down.

Fuckety Marxist fuckers.

i never said i was trying to tear them down. Dis said that making over $250k annually still qualifies for a struggle. I simply refuted that claim even with a $7,000 mortgage. a disposable income of just less than someone making $50k a year hardly qualifies as struggling.

Show me where I said that. I said someone making over 250k a year is NOT rich, and they're not. They still have to live by a budget, and watch what they spend.

since when did the scientific proof of global warming all of a sudden become false? there has been no scientific study to disprove global warming, while there have been several that have in fact confirmed it?

The issue is not that we are not in a warmiong period , but as to its cause. That you have not proven.

But some people think maybe , possibly and could be to be gospel.

Is that you?

We do have hungry people in this country. They fall into two groups...the elderly who don't like to access assistance, who have a hard time moving around, who will budget their money and budget out meals in order to stretch fixed incomes.

Then there are children. The children in this country who are hungry are not hungry because of the economy, or because there's no food to feed them. They're hungry because we have 2-3 generations in this country who do not see it as their responsibility to feed their own children. They assume somebody else will do it...the school, their neighbors, the children themselves. They think the food is supposed to magically appear in front of their children, independent of their own effort.

So yes, we have hungry people in this country. The only people who starve in this country are those who are neglected or who do it to themselves. Fixing the economy isn't going to help these people.

since when did the scientific proof of global warming all of a sudden become false? there has been no scientific study to disprove global warming, while there have been several that have in fact confirmed it?

The issue is not that we are not in a warmiong period , but as to its cause. That you have not proven.

But some people think maybe , possibly and could be to be gospel.

Is that you?

Haven't you heard? Record cold weather is because it is warmer.

:eusa_drool:

Until the next Ice Age gets here, right? Your Science is corrupted by prejudice and supposition. You are using that argument to legitimatize a Carbon Credit Scam? Are you still flushing your toilet? Are you still using Chlorine products? Stop immediately. Report back in six months by free range, organically fed carrier pigeon. ;) Dismissed. :lol:

We do have hungry people in this country. They fall into two groups...the elderly who don't like to access assistance, who have a hard time moving around, who will budget their money and budget out meals in order to stretch fixed incomes.

Then there are children. The children in this country who are hungry are not hungry because of the economy, or because there's no food to feed them. They're hungry because we have 2-3 generations in this country who do not see it as their responsibility to feed their own children. They assume somebody else will do it...the school, their neighbors, the children themselves. They think the food is supposed to magically appear in front of their children, independent of their own effort.

So yes, we have hungry people in this country. The only people who starve in this country are those who are neglected or who do it to themselves. Fixing the economy isn't going to help these people.

Wow you flopped quicky

You people have just proven you have no idea what GW science says

Wow you flopped quicky
No, you just see things through your own filter.

Very well stated. If you are in an area with "Meals on Wheels" and you qualify, that takes care of part of the problem too.

we can even go farther.

Monthly Expenses
Mortgage - $7,000

Approx Total - $12,800

lets break it down.

Utilities $500 (about average)
Car Insurance ($100 - $150 / vehicle) - $300 (average rate for a good driver)
Food - $1000 ($250 / weeks aint bad)
Gas - $300
Clothes - $200
Homeowners insurance - $200
total $2500 (not an exact science but you get the point)

not everyone had a pet so you can throw out vet bills. savings comes out of disposable income. washers, dryers & stoves typically come with your home and last for year - so dont try to throw that into a monthly expense.

everyone has emergencies like replacing a furnace or AC unit. but you still have $2800 a month in disposable income. you can apply that to saving, retirement, college tuition or the rainy day fun.

these people are living with a lot of luxuries. but def not beyond their means. they didnt need a $1,000,000 home. what if they bought a $500,000 with a $3500 mortgage? is that extra $3500 a month more than enough to satisfy you need for more $?

still point out to me how this lifestyle is a struggle?

Food stamps are the best stimulus and tax cuts fall way behind in stimulus impact.

Food stamps are stimulative?

Oh, that's right.. so is unemployment.. the new welfare for the middle class.
Yeah....the clamor (from grocery-store, gas-stations, utility-companies, etc.), over the fact their doors are still open...and, keeping prices down, for eveyone-ELSE....is nearly DEAFENING!!!!

:cuckoo:

(You'll understand all this, once you're old-enough to move-out & start supporting yourself. :rolleyes: )​

If she was doing all that, and only made $38,000, she was relying on someone else anyway.

You will no doubt be surprised to discover that she was making $17,000 more per year than the averge median income.

I know..shocking how poorly paid so many of your fellow Americans are, isn't it?

But it does rather answer the question why aren't people saving for retirement and investing for their futures, doesn't it?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now you knew this was going to happen. Republicans took control again, and already cries of how many hungry there are, is already blasting from the left wing propaganda, er I mean media.

Anyone remember this?

gingrichgrinch.jpg

That's right. The Congress hadn't even taken power yet. Just won an election but the left wing media were already screaming that Republicans were starving children and taking away Christmas.

It's happening ALL OVER AGAIN. Liberals aren't very smart. They only have one playbook.

Funny how unemployment was JUST AS HIGH BEFORE THE ELECTION, but the middle class are ONLY STARVING NOW!

Before that the liberal media was telling us it was actually a good thing to be on unemployment for a while. Enjoy the family, take walks, feed the ducks.

NOW CALAMITY!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Same playbook. Same BS!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Food Insecurity?

Now I've heard everyhing.... you leftists asshats never miss an opportunity to make victims out of anybody.

Omg, you've missed out. It's the next "animal rights" fad. There are grants being done for studies (I got to deal with some of these idiots) and all sorts of movements going on (or maybe it's just one movement spread thin) that focus on food availability. It all ties in with the farmer's market movement.

And the premise is pretty good, really. It makes sense to be able to feed your own community from within your community. I live in an isolated area, and we had a winter where essentially the roads were shut down for 2 week. We traveled them, or at least some of us did, the ones with appropriate vehicles. But all big truck traffic was cut off. We didn't get groceries to our stores for weeks. They ran out of bread, milk, a lot of the veggies. Still had canned stuff and juices. But it opens your eyes a little when you can't get milk or fresh meat, and you're in the middle of COW country!

I guess I had hoped you actually cared about people , my mistake

Forum List

Back