Middle class could face higher taxes under Republican plan, analysis finds

The needs are the same...the cost of those needs may differ from region to region, but the needs themselves are NOT subjective.

And who is responsible for your needs?? And do your needs, the amounts of your needs, and the types of your needs change depending on who you are, you situation, your location, etc??

I'll give you a hint.. You are.. and yes they do

The needs are the same...the cost of those needs may differ from region to region, but the needs themselves are NOT subjective.

And who is responsible for your needs?? And do your needs, the amounts of your needs, and the types of your needs change depending on who you are, you situation, your location, etc??

No...the needs are the same...period.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. You still can't tell me how food, shelter and healthcare are subjective needs. It's why you continue to try and move the conversation to "no one owes you anything...blah blah", which avoids the question that you can't answer. Basic needs are not subjective. That's what makes them basic.

You refuse to accept it... it has been shown... basic needs of person X in location Y in situation Z are indeed subjective and differing

Let me check again.....nope, that has not been shown anywhere. There is no place in this country or planet even where basic needs don't involve food, shelter and health.

'Health' is not a need... health is a measurement is a result of a situation... and healthcare is not a need of basic proportion...

Basic needs, the amounts of those needs, the types of those needs, the degree of those needs, etc DIFFER from person to person depending on the person, location, situation, and many other factors.... your criteria of a need for person X compared to person Y is indeed subjective...

And again... who is responsible for your needs and why are you to be supported by others, or have your needs subsidized by others, or have them deducted from your other responsibilities??

How come no conservative wants to answer my question about the "general welfare" that I posted a short while ago? Perhaps because they know that this is what their agenda represents.

Only thing I can say with 90% certainty is that its the fact that when taxes are lowest, growth and revenue collection are at they're peak.

Quite frankly, you are not versed in the real world...

But then again.. basic human survival need can be handled with rice, a cave, and a stream/source of water... but somehow I think you speak of needs more than that.. which goes beyond need and is completely SUBJECTIVE as to what and how much it is

General welfare is not the same as specific welfare. Even the first circuit court of appeals in two separate cases made this clear from the stand point of social security.

General Welfare clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're welcome. You cocky little fucktard.

Your Wiki quote uses Thomas Jefferson??? LMAO. First off, he wasn't even in the country during the Constitutional debate. He was busy on a shopping trip in France. Second, his closest ally, Madison argued for limited general welfare, and lost to the Federalist argument. If you want to know what General Welfare means, might I suggest reading the winning side, from a principal of that argument?

Alexander Hamilton, Report on Manufactures

General welfare (as in promote) in the preamble is an invocation, not a granting of power

General Welfare as used in article 1 section 8 is generally used out of context by libs... leaving off the very important part of "of the United States"... which in context shows that it is the general welfare of the UNION (as in the union of states) that is to be provided for... not each individual need for the welfare of each individual...

But nice try.. a little understanding of common English might help

So "We the People of the United States" means nothing to you. Interesting.

Someone is back peddling now. Keep grasping for those straws. You're doing a great job, really you are.

Republicans have declined to identify their targets. However, , some of the biggest “loopholes” on the books are popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, and retirement savings which disproportionately benefit the upper middle class.. .
Too early to tell because the article is making a big assumption. It states "Republicans have declined to identify their targets' but then it assumes the biggest “loopholes” are the ones the Republicans will target. Time will only tell if Congress will even consider eliminating popular tax breaks such as: employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, and retirement savings

Your Wiki quote uses Thomas Jefferson??? LMAO. First off, he wasn't even in the country during the Constitutional debate. He was busy on a shopping trip in France. Second, his closest ally, Madison argued for limited general welfare, and lost to the Federalist argument. If you want to know what General Welfare means, might I suggest reading the winning side, from a principal of that argument?

General welfare (as in promote) in the preamble is an invocation, not a granting of power

General Welfare as used in article 1 section 8 is generally used out of context by libs... leaving off the very important part of "of the United States"... which in context shows that it is the general welfare of the UNION (as in the union of states) that is to be provided for... not each individual need for the welfare of each individual...

Someone is back peddling now. Keep grasping for those straws. You're doing a great job, really you are.

Read the fucking preamble.. it is an INVOCATION.. not a granting of power to the government

Educate yourself

Quite frankly, you are not versed in the real world...

But then again.. basic human survival need can be handled with rice, a cave, and a stream/source of water... but somehow I think you speak of needs more than that.. which goes beyond need and is completely SUBJECTIVE as to what and how much it is
quite frankly, you are a douchebag. Go live in a fucking cave for a while...and your side's "anti-green" stance would make clean, potable water a much harder task....but then again...you don't give a shit about any of that, do you? You only really give a shit about yourself.

General welfare is not the same as specific welfare. Even the first circuit court of appeals in two separate cases made this clear from the stand point of social security.

General Welfare clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're welcome. You cocky little fucktard.

Hamilton, who won the debate, along with Washington and the other Federalists, claims different. I've provided his analysis of what the Founder's clause of Article 1, Section 8 means. According to his analysis, it's whatever Congress decides is to the greater good, as long as it doesn't go against a constitutional limitation.

Are you disputing the Tax Foundation report, or any facts contained therein? If not, you're clearly the troll on this thread. The facts, as they stand, demonstrate that the GOP plan will significantly raise taxes on the middle class, while drastically reducing taxes on those who make $1,000,000 or more.

It also seems that ignorance is your forte.

Facts? The "fact" is that the Democrats who made this report up ASSUMED to know what the GOP tax proposals would encompass. All the Tax Foundation report states is IF the tax proposals were carried out as the Democrats have ASSUMED then taxes would go up on the Middle Class. That doesn't mean that there actually IS a GOP plan that does that...it just means that the Democrats who made this report were able to formulate a GOP plan that did.

Which one was explicitly denied by the GOP? Both Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney have similar tax cuts, and claim that they'll be paid by eliminating some deductions. What deductions could possibly make up for the shortfall of the tax rate cuts they're proposing.

The only non-denial denial is that neither Ryan, Romney, nor GOP leadership will tell us what exactly the cuts are.

That's pathetic, even for a robot like oyu. Because the GOP has not come out and denied an assumption the Democrats made, that proves it's true?

I bet the retarded janitor at your high school used to beat you in debates, didn't he.

Read the fucking preamble.. it is an INVOCATION.. not a granting of power to the government

Educate yourself

A granting of power you say?

Kind of like this...

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

This is where you say I'm somehow misinterpreting it and try to back peddle your way out of sticking your foot in your mouth.....again.

you honestly think the Democrats can be trusted to be fair and impartial, don't you.

Sad.

You have yet to demonstrate any factual inaccuracies in the analysis. You base your position completely on the party that published the report, based on the Tax Policy Center's facts. Yet you claim because it came from Democrats, it can't be trusted. If it came from Republicans, you'd be supporting even the most inane fact.

You won't even address the basic issue of who will be hit the hardest, as a percentage of income, if the home mortgage deduction is repealed. Who was hit the hardest when Reagan had the credit card and auto loan installment interest deduction repealed?

You're the hack, and without the mental ability to think for yourself. Now get back to making your lame flames in your sig lines and responding to posts with single emoticons. That seems to be your forte.

unlike you, I take anything from one side that claims the other side is evil, with a large grain of salt. unlike you, I don't take whatever one party says and consider it Gospel.

unlike you, I do have a mind of my own, and I use it. In this case, I used it to determine that I don't trust the Democrats to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Republican plan, any more than I trust the Republicans to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Democrat plan.

It's called, having an open mind. You should try it instead of simply regurgitating any anti GOP thought that you see come from the Dems.

Dumb ass.

You're getting your ass kicked. :D

Republicans have declined to identify their targets. However, , some of the biggest “loopholes” on the books are popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, and retirement savings which disproportionately benefit the upper middle class.. .
Too early to tell because the article is making a big assumption. It states "Republicans have declined to identify their targets' but then it assumes the biggest “loopholes” are the ones the Republicans will target. Time will only tell if Congress will even consider eliminating popular tax breaks such as: employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, and retirement savings

It's certainly not unfair to read the Ryan and Romney plans and figure out where they're going to recoup the trillions the proposal is going to cost. The ball should be in their court. Give some details, or stop lying.

So....how is it in the "general welfare" of our once great country to minimize the workforce to lower andlower wage scales and benefits, move jobs to countries that employ people at a rate no one here can survive on, hide trillions in assets in tax haven countries, and see the wealthiest scream for more and more of the same every goddamned year?

Answer? It's not.

General Welfare has nothing to do with your standard of living.

It is all focused on the need to be able to do what is necessary to execute their limited constitutional responsibility. Read Federalist 45.

Quite Clear.

If they really thought General Welfare meant what you wished it did, the 10th would be meaningless as would all other states powers.

It's certainly not unfair to read the Ryan and Romney plans and figure out where they're going to recoup the trillions the proposal is going to cost. The ball should be in their court. Give some details, or stop lying.

No....go eat crap.

Because just like your love of Obama....I am not interested in voting for a democrat and I would not want the GOP giving you anything you can use to give each other handjobs in the voting booth.

You've had your shot. And you've screwed up the country even worse than when Bush was in office (and you did it on your own).

Time for a new direction.

Forum List

Back