Michigan about to be lost to republicans for a generation

If you choose not to join the union thats fine. But you should not be able to benefit whatsoever from things that the union negotiates. You should not be able to barter at all and should be willing to work for a lesser wage than the union workers. That to me is perfectly fair. One should be able to not join a union. But if you dont pay your dues, which is fine, and you get paid less, that is your choice. Anyone have aporblem with this? An employer is going to pay their laborers the least possible they can.

I'll keep it short, so you have a chance of understanding.

Opting out of collectively bargaining doesn't remove indivdual bargaining.

I agree. But knowing the vast majority of american employers and how they do things, there will be no individual bargaining and they surely arent willing to listen. Facts are facts. I have worked plenty of jobs in my lifetime and I either accepted the terms or I didnt take the job. There were two jobs in my life I worked where I tried to negotiate a raise only to be turned down. I walked out on both of those jobs without notice. Two of the greatest days of my life. After the birth of my children, those two days provided me with elation.

I think you may have been successful in bargaining twice then, just not in the traditional sense.

when was non union work in jeopardy? there is no talk about unionizing all professions and shop. you only believe that such a conspiracy movement exists.

when union members leave the union, they no longer pay due to the union. wow, what a novel concept, when you dont belong to an organization to which you pay dues, you no longer pay dues.

wow, even someone with your low level of intellect should be able to understand that.

Keep it up please. This type of attitude will drive people away from unions in large numbers. Your the best, don't ever change.

What kind of idiot wouldn't want a professional negotiator take an advocacy role for salary, benefits, or working conditions? Union dues is chump change compared to what profession athletes, executives, or actors pay their agents.

when was non union work in jeopardy? there is no talk about unionizing all professions and shop. you only believe that such a conspiracy movement exists.

when union members leave the union, they no longer pay due to the union. wow, what a novel concept, when you dont belong to an organization to which you pay dues, you no longer pay dues.

wow, even someone with your low level of intellect should be able to understand that.

Keep it up please. This type of attitude will drive people away from unions in large numbers. Your the best, don't ever change.

What kind of idiot wouldn't want a professional negotiator take an advocacy role for salary, benefits, or working conditions? Union dues is chump change compared to what profession athletes, executives, or actors pay their agents.

Someone with skills that doesn't need to hide behind a union with their poor work skills. The exodus of union members that you fear is evidence of that.

Someone with skills that doesn't need to hide behind a union with their poor work skills. The exodus of union members that you fear is evidence of that.
wow are you stupid, why do you think professional athletes hire agents? do you really think they are dumb and cant negotiate for themselves? they understand that hiring someone to do it for them is more advantageous than doing it for themselves.

I think you may have been successful in bargaining twice then, just not in the traditional sense.

Do you think an single person has the power to bargain? I hope not, how about this you try it and see how quick they replace you.

LOL notice how again the progressives show they never are for choice in any manner....

Says the person who supports a party that wants to tell women, gays, minorities, the elderly that they have no choice, you stupid republican cheer leader. Get a brain.

wow are you stupid, why do you think professional athletes hire agents? do you really think they are dumb and cant negotiate for themselves? they understand that hiring someone to do it for them is more advantageous than doing it for themselves.

Dumb is subjective many times. I will say most do not have a college degree. Also, their agent has little bargaining power, unless the athlete is healthy and performing at a very high level. Unions bargain for all regardless of ability. Not a very good example for you, but struggle on.

Actually, I think an idiot would want a professional negotiator to take care of everything for them. Someone who understands negotiation would take care of it themselves.

And by idiot, im not talking the same derogatory definition as you. I am just talking about someone ignorant.

Dumb is subjective many times. I will say most do not have a college degree. Also, their agent has little bargaining power, unless the athlete is healthy and performing at a very high level. Unions bargain for all regardless of ability. Not a very good example for you, but struggle on.
even minor league athletes have agents. it then become the duty of the agent to put his client in the best light in front of the right people. even mediocre athletes gain high dollar contracts even if that is through incentive. the difference that you seem to fail to understand is that you have a professional negotiator involved which is in the best interest of the individual. your arguing that having a negotiator is not in the best interest. youre just too stupid to see this failure of your argument.

professional athletes also actually do have the players union which negotiates minimum contracts and benefits for all, (or did you forget this part)? damn those negotiators and their ability to represent their clients.

Do you think an single person has the power to bargain? I hope not, how about this you try it and see how quick they replace you.

Yes. Individuals bargain for their salaries and performance all the time.

I bargained in mid November. Didn't get all I asked for, but yes I did gain. In fact, I used leaving as leverage. Skilled people have no fear of finding a new job.

Forum List

Back