Michigan about to be lost to republicans for a generation

peacefully assembling and forming a union are nowhere near one in the same. where did you get educated?

LOL

Good gawd.

Educate yourself.

Start here:

Freedom of assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
if forming unions is a constitutionally protected right, then states would not be able to pass legislation making them harder to form and maintain. this would be a direct violation of the 1st amendment. yet in many states this has occurred or is occurring.

did you just make the case that unions can take this to the supreme court claiming a violation of civil rights?

care to explain yourself?

There is no 'if' about it.

Here is some further education for you. This time, a little more specific on 'right of association' drawing primarily on the fourth amendment and first amendment.

Right of Association - First Amendment U.S. Constitution - Findlaw

LOL

Good gawd.

Educate yourself.

Start here:

Freedom of assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
if forming unions is a constitutionally protected right, then states would not be able to pass legislation making them harder to form and maintain. this would be a direct violation of the 1st amendment. yet in many states this has occurred or is occurring.

did you just make the case that unions can take this to the supreme court claiming a violation of civil rights?

Here is some further education for you. This time, a little more specific on 'right of association' drawing primarily on the fourth amendment and first amendment.

ill concede.

if you are right however, how is it that states are able to limit this right?

ill concede.

Well, anyone can form an association.

That it must be recognized by law as a bargaining outfit is another matter altogether. So what you are talking about goes beyond the Constitutional protections on speech, assembly.

I think unions are great. What sucks is that we have laws forcing employers to recognize them.

ill concede.

That it must be recognized by law as a bargaining outfit is another matter altogether. So what you are talking about goes beyond the Constitutional protections on speech, assembly.

I think unions are great. What sucks is that we have laws forcing employers to recognize them.
if its constitutionally protected it would recognized by the law regardless.

ill concede.

Not as a bargaining unit an employer must cowtow to. That is well beyond the right to form a boys club.

Not as a bargaining unit an employer must cowtow to. That is well beyond the right to form a boys club.
your own link contradicts this.

Freedom of association in the sense of workers' right to organize is also recognized in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and International Labor Organization Conventions, and the latter also protects collective bargaining in the conventions on freedom of association.

from your Wikipedia article.

Freedom of association in the sense of workers' right to organize is also recognized in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and International Labor Organization Conventions, and the latter also protects collective bargaining in the conventions on freedom of association.

The 'Universal Declaration of Human Rights' is UN horseshit. It is not the US Constitution.

Why can't nonumion workers associate with union ones at work then? Universal Declaration of Human Rights? The UN fails to uphold them at every turn.

Is someone saying they don't have the right to associate?

That's not what Right to work laws are about. They are empowering individuals NOT to associate if they choose not to. I don't know why you think I should be forced to be in a union if I don't want to be in one.

That's not what Right to work laws are about. They are empowering individuals NOT to associate if they choose not to. I don't know why you think I should be forced to be in a union if I don't want to be in one.
So your union dues, involuntarily taken from you, are given to Democrats who play crony politics with the union.

That's "freedom" to leftists.

So your union dues, involuntarily taken from you, are given to Democrats who play crony politics with the union.

the are not involuntarily taken from you, you agree to pay days when you join the union.

the are not involuntarily taken from you, you agree to pay days when you join the union.

Now, a person has a choice in half the states.

Keeping your job as a nonunion worker was in jeopardy. That makes the dues involuntary. The law now recognizes the issue and recourse is granted. What will be telling is the percentage on union workers in Michigan next year. What do you say when UNION members leave the union?

Keeping your job as a nonunion worker was in jeopardy. That makes the dues involuntary. The law now recognizes the issue and recourse is granted. What will be telling is the percentage on union workers in Michigan next year. What do you say when UNION members leave the union?
when was non union work in jeopardy? there is no talk about unionizing all professions and shop. you only believe that such a conspiracy movement exists.

when union members leave the union, they no longer pay due to the union. wow, what a novel concept, when you dont belong to an organization to which you pay dues, you no longer pay dues.

wow, even someone with your low level of intellect should be able to understand that.

when was non union work in jeopardy? there is no talk about unionizing all professions and shop. you only believe that such a conspiracy movement exists.

when union members leave the union, they no longer pay due to the union. wow, what a novel concept, when you dont belong to an organization to which you pay dues, you no longer pay dues.

wow, even someone with your low level of intellect should be able to understand that.

Keep it up please. This type of attitude will drive people away from unions in large numbers. Your the best, don't ever change.

Keep it up please. This type of attitude will drive people away from unions in large numbers. Your the best, don't ever change.
you went full retard again didnt you?

full_retard.jpg

And now with the Right-to-Work, people have the choice whether they want to join a union or not.

What's the problem?

And now with the Right-to-Work, people have the choice whether they want to join a union or not.

What's the problem?
when did that right ever not exist?

If you choose not to join the union thats fine. But you should not be able to benefit whatsoever from things that the union negotiates. You should not be able to barter at all and should be willing to work for a lesser wage than the union workers. That to me is perfectly fair. One should be able to not join a union. But if you dont pay your dues, which is fine, and you get paid less, that is your choice. Anyone have aporblem with this? An employer is going to pay their laborers the least possible they can.

If you choose not to join the union thats fine. But you should not be able to benefit whatsoever from things that the union negotiates. You should not be able to barter at all and should be willing to work for a lesser wage than the union workers. That to me is perfectly fair. One should be able to not join a union. But if you dont pay your dues, which is fine, and you get paid less, that is your choice. Anyone have aporblem with this? An employer is going to pay their laborers the least possible they can.

Or maybe you could work harder than the union workers, negotiate a higher pay yourself, and save the union dues.

Just a thought.

Forum List

Back