Michelle's mom opposed marriage to biracial man

What the hell are you smoking and more importantly why aren't you sharing?

Where did I ever say "O'bama's dead white mother is a problem"?
As for "who's blacker" -- if we're really going there to try to get this turkey to fly -- what Marian Robinson says is that it did NOT concern her as much as if he had been completely white. So you're trying to turn her point into its own opposite here, and you should know that quote by now -- you pasted it enough. :rolleyes:

And while we're at it, why is being called a ******-lover "worse" than being called a ******? :eusa_think:
Are you bigoted against love? :D
Whatever.

I used the word "worse" on purpose.

I see that. And my question is, why is it "worse"?

You read between the lines in my sentences but insist on absolutes that don't exist with Moochel's mother.

shakehead.gif

Dood ---- you're the cat that's been reading between lines to find conclusions that aren't there. I'm the one who's been pointing out what the words actually say.

It's ON THE RECORD.

:disbelief:
You're pointing out only what you think they say, not what they mean.

Who knew that MW could read minds!

:cuckoo:

let us know when you have a black racist in your " USMB racist hall of shame" you hypocrite

you have had plenty of chances to disprove your hypocrisy

Why don't you tell that to Asclepsis the next time he smacks you around?

Now I recommend that you stick to the OP or you are going to have to explain to the mods why you are constantly trying to derail threads.

Whatever.

You read between the lines in my sentences but insist on absolutes that don't exist with Moochel's mother.

shakehead.gif

Dood ---- you're the cat that's been reading between lines to find conclusions that aren't there. I'm the one who's been pointing out what the words actually say.

It's ON THE RECORD.

let us know when you have a black racist in your " USMB racist hall of shame" you hypocrite

Why don't you tell that to Asclepsis the next time he smacks you around?

Now I recommend that you stick to the OP or you are going to have to explain to the mods why you are constantly trying to derail threads.

let us know when your racist buddy has ever slapped me around

ps

looks like you actually know that asslicker is a racist.

your slip is showing, hypocrite

As for "who's blacker" -- if we're really going there to try to get this turkey to fly -- what Marian Robinson says is that it did NOT concern her as much as if he had been completely white. So you're trying to turn her point into its own opposite here, and you should know that quote by now -- you pasted it enough. :rolleyes:

And while we're at it, why is being called a ******-lover "worse" than being called a ******? :eusa_think:
Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

ps just make sure the mods go back a few to see your comments while they are at it

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

No, she was pretty clear about it, not to mention everything Michelle has said in public.

Most kids learn their racism from their parents. Michelle is one. Everything is skin color to her. She said so with her thesis in college and when she stated that for the first time in her adult life she was proud of her country.

Barack is pretty much the same, only he's been much more open about it in the past in his books. It's all there in black and white. Back then he was frank about his racism. Not so much since he's been running for public office. But they are of like minds. You have to be in order to stay together so long. Obama automatically assumes when a black man has a run-in with the cops, it's because the cop was being "stupid". Michelle's mother is showing another level of racism. You have to be all black or you're gonna have problems.....most likely with her. What would her friends and relatives think? Would their status be ruined by having a white guy in the family, or a half white guy?

My nephew was raised like this. His father is from Somalia. He once brought a girl (black of course) to our home and she was so prejudice that she couldn't eat dinner with me in the room. Then after dinner was over she asked him to take her to McDonalds.

Look, you folks can't tell me shit about how blacks are. They're just like white people only worse. It's rare when you find one that just doesn't give a fuck. They like having all black families and they sometimes associate with whites, but they don't want them marrying their kids.

Nothing like Blanket Statements (BS). One of my favourites in the Hall of Fallacies. :eusa_clap:

To focus back on the actual topic here though....
Michelle's mother is showing another level of racism. You have to be all black or you're gonna have problems.....most likely with her. What would her friends and relatives think? Would their status be ruined by having a white guy in the family, or a half white guy?
Once again you're putting words in her mouth that aren't there. Where does she even indicate "most likely with her"?
Here we go again. I asked for her racial value judgment -- got Squat.
I asked for her "God forbid" statement -- got Squat.
I asked for evidence of "fucken joke" -- got Squat.
I'm getting sore thigh muscles from all these Squats.

You should go back to Argumentum ad Pfffft. It was just as effective.

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

No, she was pretty clear about it, not to mention everything Michelle has said in public.

Most kids learn their racism from their parents. Michelle is one. Everything is skin color to her. She said so with her thesis in college and when she stated that for the first time in her adult life she was proud of her country.

Barack is pretty much the same, only he's been much more open about it in the past in his books. It's all there in black and white. Back then he was frank about his racism. Not so much since he's been running for public office. But they are of like minds. You have to be in order to stay together so long. Obama automatically assumes when a black man has a run-in with the cops, it's because the cop was being "stupid". Michelle's mother is showing another level of racism. You have to be all black or you're gonna have problems.....most likely with her. What would her friends and relatives think? Would their status be ruined by having a white guy in the family, or a half white guy?

My nephew was raised like this. His father is from Somalia. He once brought a girl (black of course) to our home and she was so prejudice that she couldn't eat dinner with me in the room. Then after dinner was over she asked him to take her to McDonalds.

Look, you folks can't tell me shit about how blacks are. They're just like white people only worse. It's rare when you find one that just doesn't give a fuck. They like having all black families and they sometimes associate with whites, but they don't want them marrying their kids.

Your anecdotes are worthless.

But thanks for openly admitting to being a racist bigot!
How can you type with that straight-jacket on?

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

Nothing like Blanket Statements (BS). One of my favourites in the Hall of Fallacies. :eusa_clap:

Michelle's mother is showing another level of racism. You have to be all black or you're gonna have problems.....most likely with her. What would her friends and relatives think? Would their status be ruined by having a white guy in the family, or a half white guy?
Once again you're putting words in her mouth that aren't there. Where does she even indicate "most likely with her"?

Oh, I see. I've been putting words in her mouth, but I can count several times you jumped to incorrect conclusions about me.

I can see that common-sense and real life experiences aren't valid in that place you call fantasyland.

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

you do realize that Moochelle's master's thesis was based on how horrible white people treated her at her affirmative action college , right?

lol fucking lol

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

Oh, I see. I've been putting words in her mouth, but I can count several times you jumped to incorrect conclusions about me.

I can see that common-sense and real life experiences aren't valid in that place you call fantasyland.

I haven't jumped to conclusions about you. I don't have the info to do that. Same reason I keep giving you about your own conclusions about Marian Robinson -- you don't have the basis.

What I said back there was "shall we conclude, without evidence, that your motivation is racism" for insisting you're allowed to find societal racial prejudices about interracial couples -- yet Marian Robinson is not allowed to observe the same thing?

And the answer to that, if I really have to spell it out, is NO, we cannot. The big bold words are crucial; I cannot conclude that, since there are other reasons you may deny her that observation. As you've already articulated with the post about China. Or you could simply be misreading the article or the thread title. But I cannot simply point to your condemnation of a woman and say "dat's wacist" merely on the basis that the target is black. Nor do I wish to.

--- In other words the same way you can't conclude "racism" or "fucken joke" about Marian Robinson -- you don't have a basis to go on.

Works for her, works for you. Can't have it one way here and another way there.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

you do realize that Moochelle's master's thesis was based on how horrible white people treated her at her affirmative action college , right?

lol fucking lol

And it's a lazy foul ball to left field... well out of play.

Thanks for tryin'. No "Moochelles" here, no theses, no colleges. Try to address the topic.
As Chico Esquela put it, "always keep you eye on de ball".

I haven't jumped to conclusions about you. I don't have the info to do that. Same reason I keep giving you about your own conclusions about Marian Robinson -- you don't have the basis.

What I said back there was "shall we conclude, without evidence, that your motivation is racism" for insisting you're allowed to find societal racial prejudices about interracial couples -- yet Marian Robinson is not allowed to observe the same thing?

And the answer to that, if I really have to spell it out, is NO, we cannot. The big bold words are crucial; I cannot conclude that, since there are other reasons you may deny her that observation. As you've already articulated with the post about China. Or you could simply be misreading the article or the thread title. But I cannot simply point to your condemnation of a woman and say "dat's wacist" merely on the basis that the target is black. Nor do I wish to.

--- In other words the same way you can't conclude "racism" or "fucken joke" about Marian Robinson -- you don't have a basis to go on.

There's so much evidence there it's hilariously obvious. You simply refuse to admit it, probably because you have an obvious bias. It's like you're only here to dispel rumors at the behest of the Obama Administration.
I've seen you show several times how you've assumed I have a bias yet you want to view this article in a total vacuum. I suggest you use the same standard for me you seem to want apply so blindly to Marian Robinson, otherwise you're just being a hypocrite. A perfect example is how you've on several occasions assumed with out proof something about me but are totally literalistic when it comes to Marian Robinson.

Oh, and please refrain from the sermon, because I'm not buying it. I don't apply different standards to blacks simply because they are black. These people are public figures and there is a record on them you want to ignore. I'm not going to only pay attention to minute details when the bulk of the evidence shows a totally different story. You would have a point if we knew nothing about them. If they were just your average person you pulled off the street. We both know this isn't the case.

I remember years ago, I was as innocent about this subject as you appear to be, but years of experience has taught me a lesson. I always like to not think ill of people. To keep a positive opinion of them. I wish the world worked that way.

Last edited:

There's so much evidence there it's hilariously obvious..
You simply refuse to admit it, probably because you have an obvious bias.

"Obvious bias"?
rofl.gif

Dood, I never even HEARD of the woman before this thread. I read what we were given, and worked on that basis. And not on the basis of plugging in preconceptions, because I have none.

But I do notice a pattern on this board of posters ignoring what's sitting right in front of their face and swearing up and down to all who will listen that the Emperor really IS wearing clothes and up is down. Even when it's pointed out to them straightforwardly, as we have here. That's why I ask all these unanswerable questions like "where does she say that?". Because she doesn't. You plugged it in. Self delusion is no easy nut to crack.

I guess I do have an obvious bias. Against people making shit up. Guilty as charged.

It's like you're only here to dispel rumors at the behest of the Obama Administration.

I've never even posted about the O'bama Administration. You're making that up too. Go ahead. Quote me.

I'm not even interested in "the Obama Administration". I post on logic. I'm given a set of facts in an OP and a set of conclusions from readers. That's it, end of telegram.
What I pointed out to you and BLT (who ran away in shame) was that you have no bridge to get where you took it. That's exactly why when I challenge you for a quote, you come up empty. And that's what I regularly do here.

This isn't a political story. This is a (pseudo)racism story, which makes it sociocultural, and that is why I'm here; to correct the record after an illogical conclusion. That's what my first post did, and to date no one has refuted it.

Once again here, just as you go out of your way to imagine racism in somebody who never expressed it (MR), you're going out o your way to inject political motives to a poster who never expressed that (me) -- which you yourself are about to acknowledge in your next paragraph.

It's the same pattern -- over... and over... and over... and over.... setting up strawmen as if they're freaking bowling pins.

I've seen you show several times how you've assumed I have a bias yet you want to view this article in a total vacuum. I suggest you use the same standard for me you seem to want apply so blindly to Marian Robinson, otherwise you're just being a hypocrite. A perfect example is how you've on several occasions assumed with out proof something about me but are totally literalistic when it comes to Marian Robinson.

Indeed I do look at it "in a vacuum", meaning I don't plug in evidence that doesn't exist. Because WE CAN'T DO THAT.

In the same way, I made no assumptions about you; as I have no basis to do so (once again-- quote me. Can't do it). I just explained to you in painstaking detail how I used the example of "what IF I made such an assumption" -- the same way you did. It's an illustration of a fallacy. And that would be your fallacy of making shit up that isn't there. In my example it would have been wrong to conclude "you're a racist" because I have no such evidence. Which is the same amount you have for Marian Robinson.

Once again, you want to have it both ways -- one standard for yourself, another for your despised target. Can't do that either.

Oh, and please refrain from the sermon, because I'm not buying it.

Too late.
I don't "sermon" because you might buy it; I fully expect the same old :lalala: I say this because it's the right thing to say.
That's actually the whole reason I came here; it's the right thing to do.

I don't apply different standards to blacks simply because they are black. These people are public figures and there is a record on them you want to ignore.

Mmm.... don't think so. I don't think the mother of the FLOTUS qualifies as a "public figure". I don't even think the FLOTUS does. That itself is a bullshit concept made up to sell TV time. We don't vote for a President's wife; she's irrelevant. Her mother even more so. So your bolded sentence above simply CONFIRMS what I'm saying that you're plugging shit in that isn't there. "There is a record on them"? Where? I don't see it; I keep asking for a quote, and I keep getting crickets. All we have is what's in the article. And what you claim to see--- is demonstrably nonexistent.

You compared me earlier to a "lawyer". That's fine, think of it that way. If you're going to make a case you need evidence. You have yet to present any.

I'm not going to only pay attention to minute details when the bulk of the evidence shows a totally different story. You would have a point if we knew nothing about them. If they were just your average person you pulled off the street. We both know this isn't the case.

On the contrary it is exactly the case.
We are given a link to an article. I read it all. That article links to an old video where the quote came from; I watched it all. There's nothing in any of that that backs up your position. And that's why you can't quote it. Things that don't exist tend to present that problem. As another poster already noted, you're assuming facts that are not in evidence. That's exactly why I keep challenging you to present them; their nonexistence proves you injected them yourself.

And you can't do that.

I remember years ago, I was as innocent about this subject as you appear to be, but years of experience has taught me a lesson. I always like to not think ill of people. To keep a positive opinion of them. I wish the world worked that way.

Perhaps like anything else it starts with "me". If you'd rather not start out thinking ill of people -- that's a good thought, just do it. Because it's unfair to put words in people's mouths. That's what you did with Marian Robinson, and that's what you did with me.

I'll go right back to where I started with this --- it isn't necessary to try to claim "racism" every time we see another skin shade. It isn't necessary to hang nefarious motives on people who haven't shown any. It isn't necessary to try to extend everything in the fucking planet to some kind of political football game. And it's bullshit to do so. Creating bullshit is dishonest, and never solves jack squat. What we need to do is quit blowing things up to gross exaggerations of themselves and deal with the world as it exists in reality.

Last edited:

"Obvious bias"?
rofl.gif

Dood, I never even HEARD of the woman before this thread. I read what we were given, and worked on that basis. And not on the basis of plugging in preconceptions, because I have none.

But I do notice a pattern on this board of posters ignoring what's sitting right in front of their face and swearing up and down to all who will listen that the Emperor really IS wearing clothes and up is down. Even when it's pointed out to them straightforwardly, as we have here. That's why I ask all these unanswerable questions like "where does she say that?". Because she doesn't. You plugged it in. Self delusion is no easy nut to crack.

I guess I do have an obvious bias. Against people making shit up. Guilty as charged.

It's like you're only here to dispel rumors at the behest of the Obama Administration.

I've never even posted about the O'bama Administration. You're making that up too. Go ahead. Quote me.

I post on logic. I'm given a set of facts in an OP and a set of conclusions from readers. That's it, end of telegram.
What I pointed out to you and BLT (who ran away in shame) was that you have no bridge to get where you took it. That's exactly why when I challenge you for a quote, you come up empty. And that's what I regularly do here.

This isn't a political story. This is a (pseudo)racism story, which makes it sociocultural, and that is why I'm here; to correct the record after an illogical conclusion. That's what my first post did, and to date no one has refuted it.

Once again here, just as you go out of your way to imagine racism in somebody who never expressed it (MR), you're going out o your way to inject political motives to a poster who never expressed that (me) -- which you yourself are about to acknowledge in your next paragraph.

It's the same pattern -- over... and over... and over... and over.... setting up strawmen as if they're freaking bowling pins.

Indeed I do look at it "in a vacuum", meaning I don't plug in evidence that doesn't exist. Because WE CAN'T DO THAT.

In the same way, I made no assumptions about you; as I have no basis to do so. I just explained to you in painstaking detail how I used the example of "what IF I made such an assumption" -- the same way you did. It's an illustration of a fallacy. And that would be your fallacy of making shit up that isn't there.

Once again -- you go ahead and quote me. You can't do it.
I honestly don't get why you keep running this play out on the field expecting different results; you can't make shit up. Can't do it. Ever. It's out of the question. Reality doesn't work that way. Period.

Too late.
I don't "sermon" because you might buy it; I fully expect the same old :lalala: I say this because it's the right thing to say.

I don't apply different standards to blacks simply because they are black. These people are public figures and there is a record on them you want to ignore.

Mmm.... don't think so. I don't think the mother of the FLOTUS qualifies as a "public figure". I don't even think the FLOTUS does. That itself is a bullshit concept made up to sell TV time. We don't vote for a President's wife; she's irrelevant. Her mother even more so. So your bolded sentence above simply CONFIRMS what I'm saying that you're plugging shit in that isn't there. "There is a record on them"? Where? I don't see it; I keep asking for a quote, and I keep getting crickets. All we have is what's in the article. And what you claim to see--- is demonstrably nonexistent.

You compared me earlier to a "lawyer". That's fine, think of it that way. If you're going to make a case you need evidence. You have yet to present any.

I'm not going to only pay attention to minute details when the bulk of the evidence shows a totally different story. You would have a point if we knew nothing about them. If they were just your average person you pulled off the street. We both know this isn't the case.

We are given a link to an article. I read it all. That article links to an old video where the quote came from; I watched it all. There's nothing in any of that that backs up your position. And that's why you can't quote it. Things that don't exist tend to present that problem. As another poster already noted, you're assuming facts that are not in evidence. That's exactly why I keep challenging you to present them; their nonexistence proves you injected them yourself.

And you can't do that.

Perhaps like anything else it starts with "me". If you'd rather not start out thinking ill of people -- that's a good thought, just do it. Because it's unfair to put words in people's mouths. That's what you did with Marian Robinson, and that's what you did with me.

I'll go right back to where I started with this --- it isn't necessary to try to claim "racism" every time we see another skin shade. It isn't necessary to hang nefarious motives on people who haven't shown any. It isn't necessary to try to extend everything in the fucking planet to some kind of political football game. And it's bullshit to do so. Creating bullshit is dishonest, and never solves jack squat. What we need to do is quit blowing things up to gross exaggerations of themselves and deal with the world as it exists in reality.
You say you never heard of her?

That explains the utter ignorance then.

And I asked my wife if she knew what Marian Robinson was talking about. She didn't know who she was either. She came to the same conclusion I did.

If you want to go around with rose colored shades on, feel free, but if you do I suggest you stay consistant. You've never cut me that much slack. It's highly suspicious that you're doing it for this woman you admit you don't know shit about, yet you know even less about me and have jumped to all kinds of incorrect conclusions.

I can believe this. all in the Obama family are racist to the core of their souls

Look how he used his white Grandparents in his books. Spit all over them making them out to be the racist

they all make me cringe

"Obvious bias"?
rofl.gif

I post on logic. I'm given a set of facts in an OP and a set of conclusions from readers. That's it, end of telegram.

In the same way, I made no assumptions about you; as I have no basis to do so. I just explained to you in painstaking detail how I used the example of "what IF I made such an assumption" -- the same way you did. It's an illustration of a fallacy. And that would be your fallacy of making shit up that isn't there.

Once again -- you go ahead and quote me. You can't do it.
I honestly don't get why you keep running this play out on the field expecting different results; you can't make shit up. Can't do it. Ever. It's out of the question. Reality doesn't work that way. Period.

Too late.

And you can't do that.

You say you never heard of her?

That explains the utter ignorance then.

And I asked my wife if she knew what Marian Robinson was talking about. She didn't know who she was either. She came to the same conclusion I did.

If you want to go around with rose colored shades on, feel free, but if you do I suggest you stay consistant. You've never cut me that much slack. It's highly suspicious that you're doing it for this woman you admit you don't know shit about, yet you know even less about me and have jumped to all kinds of incorrect conclusions.

It's not a matter of "cutting slack" --- it's a simple matter of NOT flinging accusations without the evidence to do so.
It's really that simple. That's all it is.

That's why I keep challenging you for evidence, and you keep coming up empty.
Think about it.

Look I know it's "trendy" or whatever to jump up and yell "dat's wacist" every time a kid opens a box of Crayolas. I do not follow trends. I look at what's actually going on and ask, "does this make sense" before simply parroting what everybody else is parroting. Way too often wags fall back on some trendy bigotry concept to explain the nuances of the World because it's easier than actually thinking about it.

I don't work that way. That's why I pounced on this thread, seeing a blatant fallacy of "dat's wacist" without any evidence. And why I also pointed out the thread title makes a leap as well --- the article specifically says MR did NOT 'oppose' the marriage. That is also a fact.

Racism ISN'T the motivation behind everything.
Politics ISN'T the motivation behind everything either.

I doubt if two-thirds of the posters on this board who fling the R word could even define it. Yet they're willing to fling it at the drop of a hat.

"Black" (or "white") mean more than a race; in effect, for what we live in they mean culture. And culture means a set of social mores, akin to religious ones, that structure what is "accepted" and "unaccepted" behaviour within that culture. Too many see cultural standards and interpret it as "racism", because that's easier than thinking. Some wag is out there right now whining that "black people sit together at the lunch table-- dat's wacist!" Well, no it isn't. That's culture. Just as "black music" is.

And that is the only definition we have indicated with the Marian Robinson story. A cultural standard. She does indicate an awareness of that; she indicates nothing about any racial value judgment. That's why I kept asking you for the latter -- I already know it isn't there. And that's how I know you had no bridge to reach your conclusion.

Then there's the other one -- religion. In recent months I've seen posters try to make the case that female gential mutilation, bride burning and hijab wearing are aspects of Islam ----- rather than the aspects of regional culture that they are. Several of us had to go put out that fire too. Wasn't just me. Some of us have actually studied Anthropology and know the difference.

That difference is what I point out here as well, and what I have been pointing out since my first post in this thread. Which is why I keep ranting over and over and over -- it's not necessary to see "race" in absolutely everything, and "racism" is NOT always the driving force. Until we get that through our collective head no understanding will take place. And until understanding takes place ------- NOTHING will change,

Last edited:
I can believe this. all in the Obama family are racist to the core of their souls

Look how he used his white Grandparents in his books. Spit all over them making them out to be the racist

they all make me cringe

See what I mean, Mud? Perfect example of what I was talking about -- posted while I was writing about it. Three lines, leaning on the old "dat's wacist" crutch, because it's easier than actual thought. The Lazy-Boy of rhetorical sloth.

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?
Anything of substance at all?

Hey Steph, here's a fun game:
Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

they all make me cringe

They're all racists? Any proof beyond one event you were told about? If they make you cringe then why do you spend so much time reading and posting about them?

they all make me cringe

See what I mean, Mud? Perfect example of what I was talking about -- posted while I was writing about it. Three lines, leaning on the old "dat's wacist" crutch, because it's easier than actual thought. The Lazy-Boy of rhetorical sloth.

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?
Anything of substance at all?

Hey Steph, here's a fun game:
Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

Maybe you need to get off of your fat ass and do some research on Obama and his wife. Start by reading his books. Then Google Michelle's thesis. If you're a lawyer, you should know how to look this stuff up with a few key words and phrases. Then it's up to you if you decide to believe it, or just continue down this path of denial.

Apart from that, I'm imparting insiders knowledge on black society and you refuse to heed it. What more can I do. I suppose you could ask them if you dare. Ask them if they think a mother who has misgivings about a half black son-in-law or worse completely black son-in-law, is she racist?? I'm sure 99% of them will say "Hell yes she's racist!!"

Then tell them it's Michelle's mother.... and watch them change their answer....lol.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back