Michelle's mom opposed marriage to biracial man

No, It. Is. Not. And we already did this -- racism requires a value judgment as a basis. You ain't got one.

I don't give a flying shit about "respect". What I care about is honest statement of fact. That's the only reason I keep pointing out where you fail to do so.

The judgement I base it on is her statement of having misgivings of a half white black man combined with her statement that it could have been worse if he was white. Explain how it could have been so bad if he had been white. Is Michelle's mother saying that her race is better, the same, or worse than the white race? Obviously better, which is the very definition of racism. She didn't like her daughter dating a bi-racial man but especially would have objected had he been, and I quote, "completely white". That is the basis of judgment.

That just confirms my point. Had Michelle been marrying an all-white man, it would be obvious to every passerby. Hence "it's hard" -- to deal with societal prejudices. And those prejudices would have been looking at two more obviously different races.

Don't you get that? You keep burying your head in the sand on this point desperately trying to see "racism" where none was expressed. Trying to see the worst in someone you don't know, when an alternative has already been suggested, and then plugging that in in spite of appearances.

No, It. Is. Not. And we already did this -- racism requires a value judgment as a basis. You ain't got one.

I don't give a flying shit about "respect". What I care about is honest statement of fact. That's the only reason I keep pointing out where you fail to do so. What you're doing here is taking a statement of preference and attributing a basis to it that is simply not in evidence.

What basis we do have in fact contradicts you:
“I guess that I worry about races mixing because of the difficulty — not for, so much for prejudice or anything,” Robinson continued. “It’s just very hard.”
A mother concerned that people who see race in everything will make her life "very hard".
Imagine that. Maybe she's referring to you and BLT.

My marriage is bi-racial. Whites and blacks look down their noses constantly at mixed couples. I'v dealt with It for close to 40 years. It was bad in the 60s and 70s, but today there isn't any difficulties involved. Michelle's mother is just showing her prejudice. She even thinks it's a fucken joke. I see no concern in her statement. You just want to be a pure literalist and cut her some slack , but she's showing her bigotry and hypocrisy, especially since she herself isn't completely black. What a hypocrite.

Then I'm afraid it's you who has now pegged yourself as the hypocrite. You articulate perfectly what the issue is above from your own experience. Yet you can't allow that acknowledgement of sociocultural pressures to somebody else?

Why not? How come you can call that out, but Marian Robinson can't ?

Where do you get the idea she thinks it's a "fucken joke"? Let's have a link to that one now in our endless parade of evidence.

And further about the time-travel thing, the concern being expressed would have been 25 years ago, not "today there isn't any difficulties [sic]". You're still going out of your way to ascribe a motivation that doesn't exist, while simultaneously claiming to have an experience that affirms the one that does.

That's what I call blinded by bias.

Bullshit. You need to explain how Obama's dead white mother is a problem. While you're doing that also explain how Obama looks any less black than Michelle, and explain how this is a difficulty today or even when they were married. Years ago the worst thing that happened was some old white lady would frown at us or some cracker would call me a ****** or even worse a ******-lover. Now it amounts to simply having to tell waiters we'll be both on the same check. If Michelle's mother thinks that's a problem she needs to get over it.

What the hell are you smoking and more importantly why aren't you sharing?

Where did I ever say "O'bama's dead white mother is a problem"?
As for "who's blacker" -- if we're really going there to try to get this turkey to fly -- what Marian Robinson says is that it did NOT concern her as much as if he had been completely white. So you're trying to turn her point into its own opposite here, and you should know that quote by now -- you pasted it enough. :rolleyes:

And while we're at it, why is being called a ******-lover "worse" than being called a ******? :eusa_think:
Are you bigoted against love? :D
Whatever.

I used the word "worse" on purpose.

I see that. And my question is, why is it "worse"?

You read between the lines in my sentences but insist on absolutes that don't exist with Moochel's mother.

shakehead.gif

Dood ---- you're the cat that's been reading between lines to find conclusions that aren't there. I'm the one who's been pointing out what the words actually say.

It's ON THE RECORD.

:disbelief:

BTW, I remember when Michelle went to China. Her mother was a total ****, and the Chinese weren't afraid of saying it. Michelle drug her mother all the way to China and the bitch showed her ass to the hotel staff. I wouldn't be surprised if since mom is staying in the Whitehouse she's the same way there.

Assumes facts not in evidence!

Yeah, right...Phffffft!!!

Fallacy of Phfffft. Also known as Argumentum ad Hotairium.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

A mother with misgivings about the man her daughter is marrying.

That has never happened before. You kkk-types are to be commended for uncovering this very important story and sharing it with the world.

:rolleyes:

Don't `chu be calling me no KKK type, Luddly or I be puttin` up a picture of some real original KKK members....including a Grand Knight, and his political party. :eusa_think:
Ah yes, my family album...

I don't need another link. Michelle's mother must have thought it was funny or she wouldn't have laughed.

Laughter isn't always because something is "funny". Laughter is for tension relief, whether there's humor present or not.

Again, cherrypicking causations. Seems to be on sale today. You're detemined to see the negative, no matter how hard you have to stretch.

“I've found out why people laugh. They laugh because it hurts so much . . . because it's the only thing that'll make it stop hurting.”-- Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land (1961)
Yeah. I've read Heinleins work. Irrelevant.

You assume she was only nervous. You don't know, do you?

Heinlein if you recall described aliens hearing laughter and reacting in alarm. This served as a pretext for his examination of what laughter is; one of those everyday facets of life we take for granted without close examination, so he proceeds to examine it. One of the aspects of his writing I loved.

What I'm saying is that, just as "racism" isn't the only possible basis for Marian Robinson's concern, so "funny" isn't the only possible basis for her emitting a laugh as part of the sentence. Yet in both cases you assumed the worst.

The fact is, racial prejudices very much ARE a serious concern clearly warranting acknowledgement, including sociocultural pressures from the public about interracial couples. You articulated that yourself just a few minutes ago, and you were right to point that out.

So again -- how come you can point that out, yet Marian Robinson can't ?
Shall we then assume, without evidence, that your motivation is "racism"?

Pogo, you must be a lawyer.

Don't you have better things to do than twisting words and performing mental gymnastics with meatheads online?

Did you know I can play the entire Perry Mason theme song on mandolin?

True story. I like the finger stretch. :D

I don't need another link. Michelle's mother must have thought it was funny or she wouldn't have laughed.

Laughter isn't always because something is "funny". Laughter is for tension relief, whether there's humor present or not.

Again, cherrypicking causations. Seems to be on sale today. You're detemined to see the negative, no matter how hard you have to stretch.

“I've found out why people laugh. They laugh because it hurts so much . . . because it's the only thing that'll make it stop hurting.”-- Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land (1961)

Heinlein if you recall described aliens hearing laughter and reacting in alarm. This served as a pretext for his examination of what laughter is; one of those everyday facets of life we take for granted without close examination, so he proceeds to examine it. One of the aspects of his writing I loved.

What I'm saying is that, just as "racism" isn't the only possible basis for Marian Robinson's concern, so "funny" isn't the only possible basis for her emitting a laugh as part of the sentence. Yet in both cases you assumed the worst.

The fact is, racial prejudices very much ARE a serious concern clearly warranting acknowledgement, including sociocultural pressures from the public about interracial couples. You articulated that yourself just a few minutes ago, and you were right to point that out.

Let's just say I've had this discussion with my mom. That's how I can point it out, and why I know where Marian Robinson is coming from. My wife has been hearing the naysayers for decades, because she refused after her 3rd marriage not to take any more ass-whippings because her husband was pissed at his girlfriend.She wouldn't date a black guy anymore. She had enough of that crap.

I'm speaking from experience. You aren't.

Last edited:
BTW, I remember when Michelle went to China. Her mother was a total ****, and the Chinese weren't afraid of saying it. Michelle drug her mother all the way to China and the bitch showed her ass to the hotel staff. I wouldn't be surprised if since mom is staying in the Whitehouse she's the same way there.

Phffft....phfffft!!!

The judgement I base it on is her statement of having misgivings of a half white black man combined with her statement that it could have been worse if he was white. Explain how it could have been so bad if he had been white. Is Michelle's mother saying that her race is better, the same, or worse than the white race? Obviously better, which is the very definition of racism. She didn't like her daughter dating a bi-racial man but especially would have objected had he been, and I quote, "completely white". That is the basis of judgment.

That just confirms my point. Had Michelle been marrying an all-white man, it would be obvious to every passerby. Hence "it's hard" -- to deal with societal prejudices. And those prejudices would have been looking at two more obviously different races.

Don't you get that? You keep burying your head in the sand on this point desperately trying to see "racism" where none was expressed. Trying to see the worst in someone you don't know, when an alternative has already been suggested, and then plugging that in in spite of appearances.

My marriage is bi-racial. Whites and blacks look down their noses constantly at mixed couples. I'v dealt with It for close to 40 years. It was bad in the 60s and 70s, but today there isn't any difficulties involved. Michelle's mother is just showing her prejudice. She even thinks it's a fucken joke. I see no concern in her statement. You just want to be a pure literalist and cut her some slack , but she's showing her bigotry and hypocrisy, especially since she herself isn't completely black. What a hypocrite.

Then I'm afraid it's you who has now pegged yourself as the hypocrite. You articulate perfectly what the issue is above from your own experience. Yet you can't allow that acknowledgement of sociocultural pressures to somebody else?

Where do you get the idea she thinks it's a "fucken joke"? Let's have a link to that one now in our endless parade of evidence.

And further about the time-travel thing, the concern being expressed would have been 25 years ago, not "today there isn't any difficulties [sic]". You're still going out of your way to ascribe a motivation that doesn't exist, while simultaneously claiming to have an experience that affirms the one that does.

Bullshit. You need to explain how Obama's dead white mother is a problem. While you're doing that also explain how Obama looks any less black than Michelle, and explain how this is a difficulty today or even when they were married. Years ago the worst thing that happened was some old white lady would frown at us or some cracker would call me a ****** or even worse a ******-lover. Now it amounts to simply having to tell waiters we'll be both on the same check. If Michelle's mother thinks that's a problem she needs to get over it.

As for "who's blacker" -- if we're really going there to try to get this turkey to fly -- what Marian Robinson says is that it did NOT concern her as much as if he had been completely white. So you're trying to turn her point into its own opposite here, and you should know that quote by now -- you pasted it enough. :rolleyes:

And while we're at it, why is being called a ******-lover "worse" than being called a ******? :eusa_think:
Whatever.

You read between the lines in my sentences but insist on absolutes that don't exist with Moochel's mother.

shakehead.gif

Dood ---- you're the cat that's been reading between lines to find conclusions that aren't there. I'm the one who's been pointing out what the words actually say.

It's ON THE RECORD.

You're pointing out only what you think they say, not what they mean.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

That has never happened before. You kkk-types are to be commended for uncovering this very important story and sharing it with the world.

pointing out the double standards when it comes to race = KKK

good for AA.

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

Who knew that MW could read minds!

:cuckoo:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Totally gives moochelles mom a pass on being a racist. Duddy thinks you have to be white to be racist. He is a typical pansy ass libturd.

Liar.

In point of fact, I have often said that I believe that all people of all racists are, to some extent or another, racist.

THAT is my opinion.
let us know when you call a black racist NBPP

until then, you are a hypocrite

Let's just say I've had this discussion with my mom. That's how I can point it out, and why I know where Marian Robinson is coming from. My wife has been hearing the naysayers for decades, because she refused after her 3rd marriage not to take anymore ass-whippings because her husband was pissed at his girlfriend.She wouldn't date a black guy anymore. She had enough of that crap.

I'm speaking from experience. You aren't.

You don't know what my experience is. You volunteered yours -- I didn't. But now that you've made Yet Another leap of assumption, yes I have been half of an interracial couple. Once again, assuming shit not in evidence.

Even less do you "know where Marian Robinson is coming from" based on you spouse's history. They're two separate people. You have had no conversations with MR; you have the same thing we all have -- the words on the page of the article. And the ones you want her to be saying ... simply aren't there.

You assume much, Grasshopper.

Phffft....phfffft!!!

I stand corrected -- should be Argumentum ad Hyperventilatium.

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

"I know what the words say, but here's what they really mean!"

Good one. Haven't heard that one in like 23 minutes.

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

It's the Vulcan mind meld. :ack-1:

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

It's the Vulcan mind meld. :ack-1:

Actually MW is just channeling Humpty Dumpty!

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

humpty.png

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

No, she was pretty clear about it, not to mention everything Michelle has said in public.

Most kids learn their racism from their parents. Michelle is one. Everything is skin color to her. She said so with her thesis in college and when she stated that for the first time in her adult life she was proud of her country.

Barack is pretty much the same, only he's been much more open about it in the past in his books. It's all there in black and white. Back then he was frank about his racism. Not so much since he's been running for public office. But they are of like minds. You have to be in order to stay together so long. Obama automatically assumes when a black man has a run-in with the cops, it's because the cop was being "stupid". Michelle's mother is showing another level of racism. You have to be all black or you're gonna have problems.....most likely with her. What would her friends and relatives think? Would their status be ruined by having a white guy in the family, or a half white guy?

My nephew was raised like this. His father is from Somalia. He once brought a girl (black of course) to our home and she was so prejudice that she couldn't eat dinner with me in the room. Then after dinner was over she asked him to take her to McDonalds.

Look, you folks can't tell me shit about how blacks are. They're just like white people only worse. It's rare when you find one that just doesn't give a fuck. They like having all black families and they sometimes associate with whites, but they don't want them marrying their kids.

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

let us know when you have a black racist in your " USMB racist hall of shame" you hypocrite

you have had plenty of chances to disprove your hypocrisy

Whatever.

shakehead.gif

It's ON THE RECORD.

No, she was pretty clear about it, not to mention everything Michelle has said in public.

Most kids learn their racism from their parents. Michelle is one. Everything is skin color to her. She said so with her thesis in college and when she stated that for the first time in her adult life she was proud of her country.

Barack is pretty much the same, only he's been much more open about it in the past in his books. It's all there in black and white. Back then he was frank about his racism. Not so much since he's been running for public office. But they are of like minds. You have to be in order to stay together so long. Obama automatically assumes when a black man has a run-in with the cops, it's because the cop was being "stupid". Michelle's mother is showing another level of racism. You have to be all black or you're gonna have problems.....most likely with her. What would her friends and relatives think? Would their status be ruined by having a white guy in the family, or a half white guy?

My nephew was raised like this. His father is from Somalia. He once brought a girl (black of course) to our home and she was so prejudice that she couldn't eat dinner with me in the room. Then after dinner was over she asked him to take her to McDonalds.

Look, you folks can't tell me shit about how blacks are. They're just like white people only worse. It's rare when you find one that just doesn't give a fuck. They like having all black families and they sometimes associate with whites, but they don't want them marrying their kids.

Your anecdotes are worthless.

But thanks for openly admitting to being a racist bigot!

Forum List

Back