Michelle Obama’s $400 Million ‘Food Desert’ Scam

Walking a mile or two to get to a supermarket is not a terrible burden, and it would be healthy exercise

Walking back with a load of groceries....not so easy

Its called a "shopping cart."

2017733.bin

No, it's called "theft"

Those carts belong to the supermarket

And the picture you posted proves that a shopping cart is impractical

No, it proves that the mentally deficient push shopping carts around in the snow.

I think they already have public transportation (buses)

However, I'm worried about the assistance they may need to wipe their asses.

Samson is worried they'll flush the TP instead of giving it to Samson

People in rural areas don't have public transportation and many urban areas have poor public trans systems.

If they flushed the TP, then you wouldn't have anything to post.

The thread is about Food Deserts, moron.

They are not in rural areas.:eusa_whistle:

I hope you get smarter as the week progresses, because you've pretty much reached what most consider an intellectual low.

Actually, there are "food deserts" in rural areas. The report, cited in the OP, states that clearly.

But nothing is ever clear for an illiterate wingnut

No, it's called "theft"

No, it proves that the mentally deficient push shopping carts around in the snow.

Like there are no Shelter's either.

Going to a shelter would be the rational thing to do in a snowstorm.

But only a wingnut would expect the mentally ill to act rationally:cuckoo:

Going to a shelter would be the rational thing to do in a snowstorm.

But only a wingnut would expect the mentally ill to act rationally:cuckoo:

Ah, more suppositions????? Again an epic fail. But that's you. Assuming, projecting, distorting. Nobody is there to intervene, right? The Police are going to just ignore him? The Fire Department? You know so much in your imagination, You are a Benevolent Dictator in your dreams, now aren't you? admit it.

No, it's called "theft"

You don't even know that this man is homeless, he could also be just collecting bottles and cans for recycling, that is just as common around here.

what the hell are you babbling about?
can you EVER stick on the topic of the thread.:cuckoo:

You're just too stupid to follow him, Steph. On his worst day he has more smarts than you do on your best. I think you hold the distinction for being one of the stupidest bitches I've ever encountered.

you kiss your mother with that mouth.
and you would know about what being a bitch is I suppose, just look at this post.:lmao:

No, I don't kiss my mother anymore. She's dead, you ignorant idiot. And I do know about being a bitch. I had to learn because of idiots like you. And now I'm getting really good at it.

open your eyes people.

SNIP:
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

First lady Michelle Obama discusses the findings of the Childhood Obesity Task Force report in May. (AP Photo)

First Lady Michelle Obama has called on Congress to create a $400 million-a-year program to encourage the establishment of supermarkets in places she calls “food deserts.”

The situation in these “food deserts,” as Mrs. Obama describes it, is quite dire indeed. American children are growing fat because their parents cannot get to a supermarket—to buy fruits and vegetables—without undergoing the hardship of boarding a bus or riding a taxi. As a consequence, food-desert-dwelling children are forced to eat fast food and junk procured at chain restaurants and convenience stores.

In a March 10 speech, the first lady painted a sad picture of their plight. “Right now, 23.5 million Americans, including 6.5 million kids, live in what we call ‘food deserts’—these are areas without a supermarket,” she explained. “And as a result these families wind up buying their groceries at the local gas station or convenience store, places that offer few, if any, healthy options.”

She offered a solution. “Let’s move to ensure that all families have access to healthy, affordable foods in their community,” she said. “(W)e’ve set an ambitious goal here: to eliminate food deserts in America within seven years.

“To do that,” she said, “we’re creating a Healthy Food Financing Initiative that’s going to invest $400 million a year—and leverage hundreds of millions more from the private sector—to bring grocery stores to underserved areas and help places like convenience stores carry healthier options.”

Pushing this $400 million food-desert-eradication plan became a standard part of Mrs. Obama’s stump speech.

In February, she promoted it in a Philadelphia neighborhood she said had just emerged from a 10-year period without a supermarket—thanks to subsidies from the enlightened state government of Pennsylvania.

“For 10 years, folks had to buy their groceries at places like convenience stores and gas stations, where usually they don’t have a whole lot of fresh food, if any, to choose from,” said Mrs. Obama. “So that means if a mom wanted to buy a head of lettuce to make a salad in this community, or have some fresh fruit for their kids’ lunch, that means she would have to get on a bus, navigate public transportation with the big bags of groceries, probably more than one time a week, or, worse yet, pay for a taxicab ride to get some other supermarket in another community, just to feed her kids.”

Congress left town for the November election without having approved any fiscal 2011 spending bill. So, as of yet, it is uncertain whether Mrs. Obama will get her $400 million-per-year to subsidize supermarkets in “food deserts.” The agricultural bill that has been working its way through Congress includes only a $40 million earmark for the program.

But does it deserve a single penny?

In the 2008 farm bill, Congress mandated that the department conduct a $500,000 study of “food deserts.” The study—“Access to Affordable and Nutritious Food: Measuring and Understanding Food Deserts and Their Consequences”—was published in June 2009.

The report demonstrates that Mrs. Obama’s depiction of American “food deserts” is fatuous at best. Lower-income Americans live closer to supermarkets than higher-income Americans.

read it all here..
Michelle Obama?s $400 Million ?Food Desert? Scam | CNSnews.com

$400 Million?... That's like (2) Days of Vacation in India...

Chump Change... Why does Michelle Hate Black People?

:)

peace...

You don't even know that this man is homeless, he could also be just collecting bottles and cans for recycling, that is just as common around here.

You should take that up with the poster who first mentioned the possibility of homelessness

That would be you, on the previous page.:lol:

No, it's called "theft"

Post #137 (quoted above) is the first post that suggested homelessness

Now Intense is all "HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST HE IS HOMELESS!!!":cuckoo:

You're just too stupid to follow him, Steph. On his worst day he has more smarts than you do on your best. I think you hold the distinction for being one of the stupidest bitches I've ever encountered.

you kiss your mother with that mouth.
and you would know about what being a bitch is I suppose, just look at this post.:lmao:

No, I don't kiss my mother anymore. She's dead, you ignorant idiot. And I do know about being a bitch. I had to learn because of idiots like you. And now I'm getting really good at it.

you HAD to learn because of people like me...sorry dear, I've seen a lot of your post BEFORE I CAME BACK HERE...you had BITCH down already.
you are dismissed, I have nothing to say to you, you are not worth the time.. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back