Michelle Obama’s $400 Million ‘Food Desert’ Scam

awww, that's what got yer panties all in a bunch, it ATTACKS MaBella Obama for showing the SCAM she's pulling on the American people. I C.. waaaaa:lol:

You have still failed to demonstrate where, exactly the scam is.

Just because you disapprove of making food more accessable to poor people doesn't make it a scam

When will "poor people" be satisfied with the gifts they are already given?

Being Human, that is a hard discipline. A hard State of Mind to achieve for any of us.

You have still failed to demonstrate where, exactly the scam is.

Just because you disapprove of making food more accessable to poor people doesn't make it a scam

She's trolling, thats what it is, now the Republicans telling the American people trickle down economics through tax cuts for the ultra wealthy is needed to revive the economy, that is a scam dear Stephanie will not admit to.

When is the last time a Homeless Person hired you? .... Thought so.

I thought all that trickle down would reach the Homeless

Bump for Flaylo.

It doesn't. Furthermore there are Pantries, Soup Kitchens, and other various Social Aid Programs, both Government and Private. Ton's of food given away.

Depends on where you're from and or where you're at, that isn't always the case and people still starve.

Why don't you answer my question, since I've been patient enough to ask three times now:
Moon said:
Why does it cost more in the inner city?

She's trolling, thats what it is, now the Republicans telling the American people trickle down economics through tax cuts for the ultra wealthy is needed to revive the economy, that is a scam dear Stephanie will not admit to.

When is the last time a Homeless Person hired you? .... Thought so.

I thought all that trickle down would reach the Homeless

Do they need gifts, too?

It doesn't. Furthermore there are Pantries, Soup Kitchens, and other various Social Aid Programs, both Government and Private. Ton's of food given away.

Depends on where you're from and or where you're at, that isn't always the case and people still starve.

Why don't you answer my question, since I've been patient enough to ask three times now:
Moon said:

Why do you assume it cost's more in the inner city? False premise.

Moon said:

You'll have to ask Flaylo that, it's his statement that food costs twice as much in the inner city than it does in the suburbs. So far he's been reluctant to shed any light on that claim.

You'll have to ask Flaylo that, it's his statement that food costs twice as much in the inner city than it does in the suburbs. So far he's been reluctant to shed any light on that claim.

:lol:

what the hell are you babbling about?
can you EVER stick on the topic of the thread.:cuckoo:

You are the idiot who equates a poor family having to walk .85 miles to get to a Supermarket to the middle class mother throwing the kids in the minivan

who's the fattest and what's the problem with walking two miles a day? anything?

Walking a mile or two to get to a supermarket is not a terrible burden, and it would be healthy exercise

Walking back with a load of groceries....not so easy

You are the idiot who equates a poor family having to walk .85 miles to get to a Supermarket to the middle class mother throwing the kids in the minivan

who's the fattest and what's the problem with walking two miles a day? anything?

Walking a mile or two to get to a supermarket is not a terrible burden, and it would be healthy exercise

Do we need to give people a ride, too?

I think they already have public transportation (buses)

However, I'm worried about the assistance they may need to wipe their asses.

open your eyes people.

SNIP:
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

First lady Michelle Obama discusses the findings of the Childhood Obesity Task Force report in May. (AP Photo)

First Lady Michelle Obama has called on Congress to create a $400 million-a-year program to encourage the establishment of supermarkets in places she calls “food deserts.”

The situation in these “food deserts,” as Mrs. Obama describes it, is quite dire indeed. American children are growing fat because their parents cannot get to a supermarket—to buy fruits and vegetables—without undergoing the hardship of boarding a bus or riding a taxi. As a consequence, food-desert-dwelling children are forced to eat fast food and junk procured at chain restaurants and convenience stores.

In a March 10 speech, the first lady painted a sad picture of their plight. “Right now, 23.5 million Americans, including 6.5 million kids, live in what we call ‘food deserts’—these are areas without a supermarket,” she explained. “And as a result these families wind up buying their groceries at the local gas station or convenience store, places that offer few, if any, healthy options.”

She offered a solution. “Let’s move to ensure that all families have access to healthy, affordable foods in their community,” she said. “(W)e’ve set an ambitious goal here: to eliminate food deserts in America within seven years.

“To do that,” she said, “we’re creating a Healthy Food Financing Initiative that’s going to invest $400 million a year—and leverage hundreds of millions more from the private sector—to bring grocery stores to underserved areas and help places like convenience stores carry healthier options.”

Pushing this $400 million food-desert-eradication plan became a standard part of Mrs. Obama’s stump speech.

In February, she promoted it in a Philadelphia neighborhood she said had just emerged from a 10-year period without a supermarket—thanks to subsidies from the enlightened state government of Pennsylvania.

“For 10 years, folks had to buy their groceries at places like convenience stores and gas stations, where usually they don’t have a whole lot of fresh food, if any, to choose from,” said Mrs. Obama. “So that means if a mom wanted to buy a head of lettuce to make a salad in this community, or have some fresh fruit for their kids’ lunch, that means she would have to get on a bus, navigate public transportation with the big bags of groceries, probably more than one time a week, or, worse yet, pay for a taxicab ride to get some other supermarket in another community, just to feed her kids.”

Congress left town for the November election without having approved any fiscal 2011 spending bill. So, as of yet, it is uncertain whether Mrs. Obama will get her $400 million-per-year to subsidize supermarkets in “food deserts.” The agricultural bill that has been working its way through Congress includes only a $40 million earmark for the program.

But does it deserve a single penny?

In the 2008 farm bill, Congress mandated that the department conduct a $500,000 study of “food deserts.” The study—“Access to Affordable and Nutritious Food: Measuring and Understanding Food Deserts and Their Consequences”—was published in June 2009.

The report demonstrates that Mrs. Obama’s depiction of American “food deserts” is fatuous at best. Lower-income Americans live closer to supermarkets than higher-income Americans.

read it all here..
Michelle Obama?s $400 Million ?Food Desert? Scam | CNSnews.com

Umm, the report doesn't contradict anything Michelle Obama said

Samson is worried they'll flush the TP instead of giving it to Samson

People in rural areas don't have public transportation and many urban areas have poor public trans systems.

Its called a "shopping cart."

2017733.bin

People in rural areas don't have public transportation and many urban areas have poor public trans systems.

So they are not given enough gifts?

Its called a "shopping cart."

2017733.bin

No, it's called "theft"

Those carts belong to the supermarket

And the picture you posted proves that a shopping cart is impractical

If they flushed the TP, then you wouldn't have anything to post.

The thread is about Food Deserts, moron.

They are not in rural areas.:eusa_whistle:

I hope you get smarter as the week progresses, because you've pretty much reached what most consider an intellectual low.

Forum List

Back