Michael Vick released

roman-art-1.jpg

Wow, Romulus and Remus. Who knew USMB was so cultured?

Fact is, ANY dog is prone to flipping it's lid. Those bred specifically to be attack dogs, or fight dogs are MORE prone to it, whether you like it or not.
They aren't whether you like it are not. Only if they have been trained to be so.
In fact the one kind of dog most likely to fight another dog or attack a human is an unneutered young male, of any breed, especially if he has been mistreated. Ask any veterinarian.

Fact is, ANY dog is prone to flipping it's lid. Those bred specifically to be attack dogs, or fight dogs are MORE prone to it, whether you like it or not.
They aren't whether you like it are not. Only if they have been trained to be so.
In fact the one kind of dog most likely to fight another dog or attack a human is an unneutered young male, of any breed, especially if he has been mistreated. Ask any veterinarian.

In my lifetime, counting ONLY dogs as pets, I've had 1 pit/shep mix, 1 rottie, 1 shep/wolf mix, 1 collie, 1 beagle, 1 norwegian elkhound.

Do I really need to list them, in order, from most aggressive in *any* situation, to least? (And all of my animals lead a pretty cushy life.)

In my lifetime, counting ONLY dogs as pets, I've had 1 pit/shep mix, 1 rottie, 1 shep/wolf mix, 1 collie, 1 beagle, 1 norwegian elkhound.

Do I really need to list them, in order, from most aggressive in *any* situation, to least? (And all of my animals lead a pretty cushy life.)
Who cares? I think you just don't understand the point about anecdotal evidence and/or are just in the mood for an argument.

Who cares? I think you just don't understand the point about anecdotal evidence and/or are just in the mood for an argument.

No, I'm simply not discussing this in an emotional "animals are so CUTE" manner... As I said..they are what they are, and nothing is going to change that.

Honestly, Angie, I don't understand your hard-headedness on this topic.

I friend of mine was singing the praises of her pit the other day...after it got annoyed at her little yorkie, picked it up in it's teeth and flung it around like a toy.

That dog would be toast if it were mine.
Cuz I did a little research instead of relying on old wive's tales and anecdotes on message boards. Why do you think I would consider you a better expert on safety with dogs than organisations that have actualy researched the issue?

Also, none of the stuff you say about breeding and the domestication of animals makes any scientific sense.

Some of you people who think pit bulls came from the devil have the same delusions about other breeds. You think golden retrievers are lambs. You are doing yourselves a major disservice when you think that a dog is a robot and that genes make some dogs evil and others saintly.

Because of misguided bans on pit bulls in some towns people have had to put their perfectly innocent pets to sleep or move or give them away. Dogs that have done no one to any harm. Meanwhile nothing is done in these towns to prevent animal abuse and neglect which is the real cause of vicious dogs. No one is any safer after these stupid laws are enacted.
That's just silly, Angie. Goldens are bred for their beauty, just like Pits are bred for their fight. Don't be so blinded.

Honestly, Angie, I don't understand your hard-headedness on this topic.

I friend of mine was singing the praises of her pit the other day...after it got annoyed at her little yorkie, picked it up in it's teeth and flung it around like a toy.

That dog would be toast if it were mine.
Cuz I did a little research instead of relying on old wive's tales and anecdotes on message boards. Why do you think I would consider you a better expert on safety with dogs than organisations that have actualy researched the issue?

Also, none of the stuff you say about breeding and the domestication of animals makes any scientific sense.

Some of you people who think pit bulls came from the devil have the same delusions about other breeds. You think golden retrievers are lambs. You are doing yourselves a major disservice when you think that a dog is a robot and that genes make some dogs evil and others saintly.

Because of misguided bans on pit bulls in some towns people have had to put their perfectly innocent pets to sleep or move or give them away. Dogs that have done no one to any harm. Meanwhile nothing is done in these towns to prevent animal abuse and neglect which is the real cause of vicious dogs. No one is any safer after these stupid laws are enacted.
That's just silly, Angie. Goldens are bred for their beauty, just like Pits are bred for their fight. Don't be so blinded.
And now you are intentionally acting stupid. Maybe that's what you were breed for. :lol:

And now you are intentionally acting stupid. Maybe that's what you were breed for. :lol:

And you said *I* want to fight? :lol::lol: What was the point behind that comment?

ME-OWRRR.

Angry Eel really cracks me up with how emotional, and entirely frazzled, she gets over this issue. :lol:

Truth is, she might be right about bans doing absolutely no good. But how can anyone take her seriously when she denies that pits are more dangerous than other breeds? Between the breeding history, the statistics and simple common sense, one would have to be in serious denial to think owning a golden retriever is no less risky than owning a pit bull. I mean honestly, I don't think I've ever even seen bobo post anything quite that retarded.

Y'all are the type of people that would try to cure the plague by cutting off the lesions. Instead of persecuting one person, try getting off your butts and going to the rural South and Southwest and explaining to Mexicans and Blacks the immorality of it all. Because they don't see it. They don't care. It's entertainment and gambling to them, and it's BIG business.

Then there's the fact that some people just don't place the same value on animal life as they do human life.

What I really find interesting are the number of pro choice advocates in this thread bitching about dogfighting. I thought the whole reason it was okay to snuff out a life is because they don't consider it human yet?

Pit bulls aren't human.

And before YOU, dis, screech at me, I am aware that you are not pro-choice.:cool:
What Michael Vick did was against the law, abortion is legal!
And it is alittle different to abort a fetus at say eight weeks when it feels no pain than sticking a dog into a ring with it's mouth duck tape shut so you can build the ego of another dog.
And if I used your same arguement, no Pro Life person has the right to be for capital punishment because someone on death row is still a human no matter what they did.
I call bullshit on your straw man arguement!

You missed his whole point with the pro-choice crowd. He didn't differentiate between legal, and illegal. He said pro-choice people think it's ok to snuff out a life because it's *not human*, so he doesn't understand why they have a problem with this, as the dog is *not human* either.

See now?
my stating the fact that pro life people are hypocrits for being for capital punishment might give you a hint that I knew what he was talking about.

He will never play again, it will be a long time before he can even walk down the street without people wanting to hurt him.

He's like OJ in a sense, he's (was) walking free but nobody thinks he's innocent. I hope he's saved at least some of his money for a rainy day.

You are wrong. He'll play again unless the NFL tries to hide behind its faux morality and blackballs him.

Another comparison of dogfighting to murdering human beings. GMAFB.
Since you seem to think ranking humans so far above dogs that dogs don't even matter is the way to go, I won't bother to address that silly issue.
But are you aware that animal abuse is often an indicator of someone who will move on to things you might consider not so easy to dismiss? Jeffrey Dahlmer was typical in that way. He admitted to starting out torturing wild animals and pets.

Now, that's a crock...that's what the animal lovers try to use as ammo. They take one sensationalized exception and try to make it the rule. People that torture animals do not eventually start torturing or killing humans. :rolleyes:

And yeah, when the same people in this thread never have anything to say about people being murdered, but get their panties in a wad over vicious animals that shouldn't exist to begin with, I'd call that retarded.
I didn't see anywhere in this thread that you had any compassion for these dogs. You called them nothing but tools earlier. Before you go lecturing people about compassion and changing the topic to veer the way you want it to, let me ask, do you have any of your own?

I'm sure he meant they were tools for Vick and his compadres.

Now, that's a crock...that's what the animal lovers try to use as ammo. They take one sensationalized exception and try to make it the rule. People that torture animals do not eventually start torturing or killing humans. :rolleyes:

Yep. Similar to the bogus gateway drug argument. People who smoke weed do not typically end up as heroin and meth addicts.

Angry Eel really cracks me up with how emotional, and entirely frazzled, she gets over this issue. :lol:

Truth is, she might be right about bans doing absolutely no good. But how can anyone take her seriously when she denies that pits are more dangerous than other breeds? Between the breeding history, the statistics and simple common sense, one would have to be in serious denial to think owning a golden retriever is no less risky than owning a pit bull. I mean honestly, I don't think I've ever even seen bobo post anything quite that retarded.
Of course I'm right that breed based laws are pointless, cruel and based on pseudo science and anecdotal evidence even William Joyce wouldn't use.
And of course you would continue to cling to your prejudice that tall graceful golden haired yuppie suburban type dogs are superior to squat ghetto dogs with certain facial features.

Hey Eel,

I think someone is smoking a butt at a bus stop half a mile down the street. You should probably call the authorities. :razz:

Forum List

Back