Michael AVENATTI arrested

It's Trumps' fault

Geoffrey Berman , Trump's pick can you say REVENGE.

By "revenge" do you mean he has been caught trying to extort $22 million dollars from Nike, embezzling money from his clients, filing false tax returns in order to garner loans, and not paying taxes? Based on my understanding of the definition of the word "revenge", no, it's not revenge.

This could be the beginning of a long and productive career in politics. You can't get elected President any more unless you're a crook.

Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort Nike - CNNPolitics

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan on Monday charged lawyer Michael Avenatti with attempting to extort more than $20 million from Nike.

Avenatti was arrested Monday morning in Manhattan, law enforcement officials tell CNN. He will appear in court later Monday.

Minutes after the news broke, the Justice Department announced charges against Avenatti in a separate federal case from California.

According to the criminal complaint, Avenatti met in March 2019 with an attorney for Nike and threatened to release damaging information about the company if Nike didn't make millions in payment to himself and an unnamed co-conspirator. Avenatti also allegedly demanded that Nike pay $1.5 million to an individual he claimed to represent.

"I'll go take $10 billion dollars off your client's market cap ... I'm not f***ing around," Avenatti said, according to the complaint.

You can read the criminal complaint here: READ: Charges against Michael Avenatti for trying to extort Nike - CNNPolitics

I read the complaint.

A basketball coach in California hired Avenatti. Nike had had a contract with the coach's team but didn't renew it. According to Avenatti, the coach had proof Nike had made payments to family members of the top players on the high school team and had tried to conceal those payments.

Another sporting goods company had recently been prosecuted for the same crime, so Avenatti felt he had the goods on Nike and told them that he would destroy their reputation, and thus their stock price, unless they paid the coach $1.5 million and hired Avenatti to do an internal investigation of Nike.

Avenatti was going to hold a public press conference just before Nike's quarterly earnings call to maximize the damage.

Dun-dun-dunnnnnnnnh!

It's Trumps' fault

By "revenge" do you mean he has been caught trying to extort $22 million dollars from Nike, embezzling money from his clients, filing false tax returns in order to garner loans, and not paying taxes? Based on my understanding of the definition of the word "revenge", no, it's not revenge.

No by revenge I suspect Trump told his guy to get him. What ever happened to Bezo's case with extortion. Went away hey.

Note to self. Don't ever fuck with a President especially when he's as vindictive as Trump

Michael Avenatti arrested for trying to extort Nike for up to $25M, SDNY says

I think the real story is you can't screw over Nike and get away with it.

I'm surprised that Nike- a huge liberal supporter of Kaepernick- would attack one of their own like this.

Even is he would be guilty he must of went to Trump University and Trump taught him the ropes.

Revenge is mine, says Tramp.

It's Trumps' fault

No by revenge I suspect Trump told his guy to get him. What ever happened to Bezo's case with extortion. Went away hey.

You should really read the indictments and news reports on this case before you comment.

Instead of being laughed at by people who keep up, why don't you try keeping up?

Did you read what that idiot said and did?

It's a slam-dunk. That bitch is gonna be passed around like a joint at a Grateful Dead Concert when he's in the slammer.

He'll probably like it. Looks the type

This could be the beginning of a long and productive career in politics. You can't get elected President any more unless you're a crook.

Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort Nike - CNNPolitics

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan on Monday charged lawyer Michael Avenatti with attempting to extort more than $20 million from Nike.

Avenatti was arrested Monday morning in Manhattan, law enforcement officials tell CNN. He will appear in court later Monday.

Minutes after the news broke, the Justice Department announced charges against Avenatti in a separate federal case from California.

According to the criminal complaint, Avenatti met in March 2019 with an attorney for Nike and threatened to release damaging information about the company if Nike didn't make millions in payment to himself and an unnamed co-conspirator. Avenatti also allegedly demanded that Nike pay $1.5 million to an individual he claimed to represent.

"I'll go take $10 billion dollars off your client's market cap ... I'm not f***ing around," Avenatti said, according to the complaint.

You can read the criminal complaint here: READ: Charges against Michael Avenatti for trying to extort Nike - CNNPolitics

I read the complaint.

A basketball coach in California hired Avenatti. Nike had had a contract with the coach's team but didn't renew it. According to Avenatti, the coach had proof Nike had made payments to family members of the top players on the high school team and had tried to conceal those payments.

Another sporting goods company had recently been prosecuted for the same crime, so Avenatti felt he had the goods on Nike and told them that he would destroy their reputation, and thus their stock price, unless they paid the coach $1.5 million and hired Avenatti to do an internal investigation of Nike.

Avenatti was going to hold a public press conference just before Nike's quarterly earnings call to maximize the damage.

Dun-dun-dunnnnnnnnh!

Settlement?

Note to self. Don't ever fuck with a President especially when he's as vindictive as Trump

Michael Avenatti arrested for trying to extort Nike for up to $25M, SDNY says

I think the real story is you can't screw over Nike and get away with it.

I'm surprised that Nike- a huge liberal supporter of Kaepernick- would attack one of their own like this.

The left eats it own all the time, no loyalty.

Instead of being laughed at by people who keep up, why don't you try keeping up?

Did you read what that idiot said and did?

It's a slam-dunk. That bitch is gonna be passed around like a joint at a Grateful Dead Concert when he's in the slammer.

He'll probably like it. Looks the type

Settlement. Trump sent his man to arrest him.

This is Avenettis way of making his bones as a democrat. He's got 50/50 chance now to get the demo nomination

Man you are all applauding his arrest, yet you have a white collar criminal is the oval office you also applaud.

Man you are all applauding his arrest, yet you have a white collar criminal is the oval office you also applaud.
Dems tried, Dems lied, Dems failed. Game over.
It really sucks to lose this much, doesn't it? Here's help.

Forum List

Back