“Merry Christmas” vs “happy holidays”

I find this controversy interesting in the sense that it’s so ridiculous. On the one hand, I find it laughable that conservatives see the “happy holidays” push as a threat to Christmas and Christianity itself. And on the other, I find it stupid that the PC-obsessed left thinks that the expression should be embraced and respected because of the supposed sensitivity atheists and other non-Christians feel about saying “Merry Christmas”.

The whole thing is so insane. I’m an atheist and I say “Merry Christmas”. I also don’t care if anyone chooses to say either expression in ANY context. Let’s all be adults and remember how important free speech is.
It's the fact that leftist get so bent out of shape that companies feel a need to pass rules forbidding their employees from saying Merry Christmas.

you won't see a con lose their shit over HH but you know damn well you HAVE seen a leftist lose theirs over MC
Both sides definitely lose their shit. My god the “War on Christmas” is as fake as it comes but republicans and Fox News never shut the fuck about it.

Fake like the left's attack on our flag, our national anthem, our monuments, our gender..............that kind of fake?

Merry Christmas works for me.
It works for me as well. As does Happy Holidays. If someone is courteous to say either one I take it with a warm smile. I tend to say both depending where I am. Or, if I am responding to either, I smile and "thank you" and the very same to you.

The whole issue came about as a result of some businesses telling there employees not to say Merry Christmas because it might be offensive to some people. I don’t care which one someone says to me Merry Christmas or happy holidays but telling employees not to say Merry Christmas during the Christmas season is pretty fucking stupid just let the individual employee decide which one they want to say.

I find this controversy interesting in the sense that it’s so ridiculous. On the one hand, I find it laughable that conservatives see the “happy holidays” push as a threat to Christmas and Christianity itself. And on the other, I find it stupid that the PC-obsessed left thinks that the expression should be embraced and respected because of the supposed sensitivity atheists and other non-Christians feel about saying “Merry Christmas”.

The whole thing is so insane. I’m an atheist and I say “Merry Christmas”. I also don’t care if anyone chooses to say either expression in ANY context. Let’s all be adults and remember how important free speech is.
I usually go happy holidays to Christians and Merry Xmas to Jews, Muslims and Hindi.

The whole issue came about as a result of some businesses telling there employees not to say Merry Christmas because it might be offensive to some people. I don’t care which one someone says to me Merry Christmas or happy holidays but telling employees not to say Merry Christmas during the Christmas season is pretty fucking stupid just let the individual employee decide which one they want to say.

Actually, they didn't tell them not to say merry Christmas. They just told them to say happy holidays. They never said they couldn't say both. In any event, it was just a few stores. The crazy right acts as if it was a federal law forbidding all people from saying merry Christmas.

Actually, they didn't tell them not to say merry Christmas. They just told them to say happy holidays. They never said they couldn't say both. In any event, it was just a few stores. The crazy right acts as if it was a federal law forbidding all people from saying merry Christmas.
well yeah, they kinda did tell them to stop saying merry christmas, they removed it from labels in the store and on cups for drinks bags empoyees weren't to wear any merry christmas tags and definitely pushing it into extinction. And for what it's worth, i stopped buying from them.

Merry Christmas is a European concept. The fake New Testament Mithra story that the secret societies attached to it in the 3rd or 4th century is as bogus as the Channakah story that celebrates Jews allegedly winning a war over Rome which they never did but symbolically have in the modern day by taking over Western governments, etc..
Rome isn't Greece....Channakah was about winning against the Greeks.

well yeah, they kinda did tell them to stop saying merry christmas, they removed it from labels in the store and on cups for drinks bags empoyees weren't to wear any merry christmas tags and definitely pushing it into extinction. And for what it's worth, i stopped buying from them.
Because December only has Christmas.

Because December only has Christmas.
and the businesses use that one fking holiday for 70% of their yearly revenues. not bad for one fking day in the year eh?

It's not so much the specific term "Merry Christmas" as much as it is the fact that the Regressives just want to wipe out as many long-held American public traditions and artifacts as they can. The fact that the term is based on Christianity and not their pet constituent oppressed religion, Islam, only adds fuel to the fire.

They're not terribly fond of the country and (as they've said) they want to fundamentally change it. Wiping it clean so they can start over is one of their tactics.

The same people who are pushing this happy holidays BS are the same ones who would have no problem throwing Christians to the lions. This is an attack on Christianity. One of countless attempts to shut down freedom of religion in America. Just wait. Someone will propose a law that makes it a crime to say Merry Christmas. Think I'm joking? It's already a crime in Commiefornia to address someone by anything other than their gender pronoun of choice.

The holiday was stolen from the pagans.
Wrong. Christmas celebrates the Birth of Christ. The date we celebrate just happens to coincide with a pagan holiday, but so what? Do you have any idea how many holidays there are?

When you tell your employees to say happy holidays the implication is you don’t want them saying Merry Christmas as I said they should have not said anything to them and just let them decide which one to say on there own.

Changing printed material, a common practice, is not the same as banning the expression.

When you tell your employees to say happy holidays the implication is you don’t want them saying Merry Christmas as I said they should have not said anything to them and just let them decide which one to say on there own.

Another whiny nut.

Forum List

Back