“Merry Christmas” vs “happy holidays”

Merry Christmas to all!

And happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Las Posadas, Eid-al-Adha, Diwali, Rohatsu (Bodhi Day), Solstice, Mawlid el-Nabi, and Zarathosht Diso to you.
Thx... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

giphy.gif

It doesn't mean much in a legal sense but it was refreshing to hear the President of the United States say "it's O.K. to say Merry Christmas again". Maybe it signals a turning point in the crazy interpretation democrats gave to a supreme court majority opinion written by a KKK member in 1948 that created the modern version of "separation of church and state" that had no basis in Constitutional law.

It's still true that corporate America is using the word "Holiday" instead of "Christmas" but they want our Christmas shopping dollars.

It's still true that corporate America is using the word "Holiday" instead of "Christmas" but they want our Christmas shopping dollars.

Yes. They want the shopping dollars of those that don't celebrate Christmas too.

I find this controversy interesting in the sense that it’s so ridiculous. On the one hand, I find it laughable that conservatives see the “happy holidays” push as a threat to Christmas and Christianity itself. And on the other, I find it stupid that the PC-obsessed left thinks that the expression should be embraced and respected because of the supposed sensitivity atheists and other non-Christians feel about saying “Merry Christmas”.

The whole thing is so insane. I’m an atheist and I say “Merry Christmas”. I also don’t care if anyone chooses to say either expression in ANY context. Let’s all be adults and remember how important free speech is.
It's the fact that leftist get so bent out of shape that companies feel a need to pass rules forbidding their employees from saying Merry Christmas.

you won't see a con lose their shit over HH but you know damn well you HAVE seen a leftist lose theirs over MC

Cons don't lose their shit over happy holidays?
687474703a2f2f7777772e62696c67656275636b65742e636f6d2f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f6f7265696c6c797761726f6e6368726973746d61732e6a7067
every single year you nuts prove him right, then complain that he points out your hatred.

Make up your mind.Either crazy cons go nuts over "Happy Holidays" or not
leftists go nuts
con get annoyed and get angry when we know you are just trying to shit on our liberties and shut down free speech.

I find this controversy interesting in the sense that it’s so ridiculous. On the one hand, I find it laughable that conservatives see the “happy holidays” push as a threat to Christmas and Christianity itself. And on the other, I find it stupid that the PC-obsessed left thinks that the expression should be embraced and respected because of the supposed sensitivity atheists and other non-Christians feel about saying “Merry Christmas”.

The whole thing is so insane. I’m an atheist and I say “Merry Christmas”. I also don’t care if anyone chooses to say either expression in ANY context. Let’s all be adults and remember how important free speech is.
It's the fact that leftist get so bent out of shape that companies feel a need to pass rules forbidding their employees from saying Merry Christmas.

you won't see a con lose their shit over HH but you know damn well you HAVE seen a leftist lose theirs over MC

Cons don't lose their shit over happy holidays?
687474703a2f2f7777772e62696c67656275636b65742e636f6d2f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f6f7265696c6c797761726f6e6368726973746d61732e6a7067
every single year you nuts prove him right, then complain that he points out your hatred.

Make up your mind.Either crazy cons go nuts over "Happy Holidays" or not
leftists go nuts
con get annoyed and get angry when we know you are just trying to shit on our liberties and shut down free speech.

Go back and listen to some of Bill-o's or Hannity's rants about some imagined war on Christmas, and then tell me right wingers don't go nuts.

Both sides definitely lose their shit. My god the “War on Christmas” is as fake as it comes but republicans and Fox News never shut the fuck about it.
There is a war on Christmas. But it comes from the Republicans.
Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ.

Remember the debates in Las Vegas when Republicans yelled out "let him die"?
These tax cuts? Screw the middle class and the poor to pass money to billionaires? Trump's family stand to get a billion dollars.
There is nothing the GOP won't do fueled by greed.

They are the party of the anti Christ. If Jesus came back today, he might turn them into swine.
cant you talk about anything without bringing up your usual bullshit?...its called "obsession" dean,seek help....

Aw,man, I was hoping this stupid thing left with Billy O.

Both sides definitely lose their shit. My god the “War on Christmas” is as fake as it comes but republicans and Fox News never shut the fuck about it.

These tax cuts? Screw the middle class and the poor to pass money to billionaires? Trump's family stand to get a billion dollars.

They are the party of the anti Christ. If Jesus came back today, he might turn them into swine.
cant you talk about anything without bringing up your usual bullshit?...its called "obsession" dean,seek help....
He's got one gear, doesn't he?

years ago when True Blood was running on HBO there was a thread on it....76 or so posts about the show here comes dean,what does he say?....."i wonder if the vampires are Republicans,because they dont care about people either,they yell let him die too".....the guy is disturbed.....

years ago when True Blood was running on HBO there was a thread on it....76 or so posts about the show here comes dean,what does he say?....."i wonder if the vampires are Republicans,because they dont care about people either,they yell let him die too".....the guy is disturbed.....
Ideology can be very powerful, literally robbing perfectly intelligent people of reason and clarity. I respect it more all the time, as it distorts and warps.

Last edited:
Christians are trying to steal the holiday from Santa Claus

The holiday was stolen from the pagans.
Wrong. Christmas celebrates the Birth of Christ. The date we celebrate just happens to coincide with a pagan holiday, but so what? Do you have any idea how many holidays there are?
Jesus was born in Spring. The church picked a pagan holiday to celebrate it.
Does it really matter when we celebrate it? And it was the Catholic Church, a Pagan religion, that chose the date. Not Christians.

Merry Christmas is a European concept. The fake New Testament Mithra story that the secret societies attached to it in the 3rd or 4th century is as bogus as the Channakah story that celebrates Jews allegedly winning a war over Rome which they never did but symbolically have in the modern day by taking over Western governments, etc..
Lighten up, Francis.

Does sound like a republican.

Forum List

Back