Memorial Day 2010

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
How will you be remembering those who have died in our nations service?

Visiting the grave of a loved one?
Attending or participating in a Memorial Day parade?
BBQ with family and friends?
Working?

Looks like our President will be vacationing in Chicago.

Obama will use Memorial weekend for a trip home to Chicago

Vice President Biden and his wife will appear in Obama's place at Arlington National Cemetary.

Rolling Thunder then a concert on the West Lawn on Sunday.

Parade on Monday.

I'm of no importance, so it's no big deal that I miss Arlington. I went there last weekend anyway.

(unbelievable)

Last edited:
Spending the long weekend on the boat. We always attend the morning parade in the marina's town and then anchor at night near where the fireworks are set off. Between those two events annoy the PETA folks by grilling some beef and stuff, a few brews, and the Cubbies game on the radio. The whole day's sort of a religious experience every year.

My grandkids and I are flying to Arizona to spend a lot of dough.
Spend a few $$$ for me Lonestar_logic!

My girlfriend's son will be started his first simester at ASU in August.

Great school and hot co-eds!!!!
ASU_Cheer_Bras_Panties.jpg

Parade on Monday.

I'm of no importance, so it's no big deal that I miss Arlington. I went there last weekend anyway.

(unbelievable)
Seriously, right? I'd be curious to know if any other President has skipped the MD services.

Working?

Vice President Biden and his wife will appear in Obama's place at Arlington National Cemetary.

I cannot believe that. What a rude thing for him to do. Is it too much to ask that Obama show respect for the fallen service men and women on Memorial Day??

veteran1.png

Parade on Monday.

(unbelievable)
Seriously, right? I'd be curious to know if any other President has skipped the MD services.
Clearly, Obama does not like the military - fallen and/or currently serving.

Working?

I cannot believe that. What a rude thing for him to do. Is it too much to ask that Obama show respect for the fallen service men and women on Memorial Day??

veteran1.png
Yes ... it is too much to ask.

Parade on Monday.

(unbelievable)

Maybe it's for the best. IMO it's better that someone who has no real respect for our military stay away instead of dishonoring them by pretending to give a damn. I think that Biden, inept boob that he is, at least respects our soldiers.

Parade on Monday.

(unbelievable)

Maybe it's for the best. IMO it's better that someone who has no real respect for our military stay away instead of dishonoring them by pretending to give a damn. I think that Biden, inept boob that he is, at least respects our soldiers.
I agree with you. With two of his kids serving over in the Middle East, I imagine he has much MUCH more respect for our military, than the liberal progressive military hater who currently occupies our highest office.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
My little town has a Memorial Day service that they have been conducting for years. There is a big gathering at the Memorial for Servicemen downtown and all the names of everybody who has ever served in the military from our town are read out loud and the Boy Scouts lay a wreath for each conflict since the town was established. Then we are going to have a cookout for family and friends at my house. Hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, cold beer and all the trimmings. Soda pop for the kidlets. Cut-offs and t-shirts are the dress of the day for the cook out. Most likely there will be some guitar strumming, picking and grinning going on. Who knows, some of the nearly drunk brave ones may even sing. Should be a good day.

The wife and I are jetting off to Hawaii tomorrow. On monday morning we will take a quick flight to visit the USS Arizona memorial to observe their services. Then it's back on the plane to our lil' hotel in paradise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back