Meet Virginia's next Governor

McCain lost largely because he embraced big government solutions (TARP in this case) while Obama appeared to shy away from that one in anyway. You beat the worst candidate since Bob Dole by a mere 4% with an economy that was dead in the water and picked up several seats in Congress by nominating candidates that played to the right of the Republican incumbents and you act as though the left won a stunning victory. I'd laugh if you weren't so damn pitiable.
What's wrong with Bob Dole?
he had less charisma than AlGore
I don't think so. Ever read his book?

Deeds has only one chance, and that is Northern Virgnia. If the DC area comes out in force, he will have a chance. If not, he loses again...

thing is, it looks like VA loses no matter who of these two wins

How totally sad for them in Virginia. Now they will have someone even worse thatn that stupid George Allen, who actually may be promoting coal powered cars, and who now seems to be sports announcing!

Former Virginia Gov. George Allen told a group of 50 students and community members in Jepson Hall Tuesday night that the United States could be the Saudi Arabia of coal and that Virginia could be a leader in breaking America’s dependency on foreign oil.

“You’ll hear from these pompous elites, that Americans are addicted to oil,” Allen said. “Americans are not addicted to oil. Americans are addicted to freedom – the freedom and independence to move where and when we want – and I believe that Americans can keep that independence.”
Allen, who has been out of public office since losing his U.S. Senate seat to Jim Webb in 2006, was at the University of Richmond to promote a conservative solution to America’s energy crisis.

“We don’t care what our cars run on,” Allen said. “They could run on Alaska oil, Louisiana oil, vegetable oil or Coal-syn fuels, water or natural gas as long as it’s available, affordable and reliable.

GeorgeAllen.com

Says he: “You’ll hear from these pompous elites, ..."

Well we did once hear from one of them:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G7gq7GQ71c"]YouTube - Allen's Listening Tour[/ame]

Virginia seems beset by loonies on the rightwing side!

thing is, it looks like VA loses no matter who of these two wins

How totally sad for them in Virginia. Now they will have someone even worse thatn that stupid George Allen, who actually may be promoting coal powered cars, and who now seems to be sports announcing!

Former Virginia Gov. George Allen told a group of 50 students and community members in Jepson Hall Tuesday night that the United States could be the Saudi Arabia of coal and that Virginia could be a leader in breaking America’s dependency on foreign oil.

“You’ll hear from these pompous elites, that Americans are addicted to oil,” Allen said. “Americans are not addicted to oil. Americans are addicted to freedom – the freedom and independence to move where and when we want – and I believe that Americans can keep that independence.”
Allen, who has been out of public office since losing his U.S. Senate seat to Jim Webb in 2006, was at the University of Richmond to promote a conservative solution to America’s energy crisis.

“We don’t care what our cars run on,” Allen said. “They could run on Alaska oil, Louisiana oil, vegetable oil or Coal-syn fuels, water or natural gas as long as it’s available, affordable and reliable.

GeorgeAllen.com

Says he: “You’ll hear from these pompous elites, ..."

Well we did once hear from one of them:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G7gq7GQ71c"]YouTube - Allen's Listening Tour[/ame]

Virginia seems beset by loonies on the rightwing side!
"on the rightwing side"?????

try on BOTH sides

sheeesh

In other words, have big government tell us what we can or cannot buy?

Real conservatives dont tell people what to buy.

Sooo... what did you mean by "A true conservative would rebuild our industry, demand all we consume be "Made in the USA"

You cant actually not understand my statement, can you. sorry it took so long to reply, I cant watch my posts day by day, i got to much to do.

Forum List

Back