Media Surprised That Christians Schools Are . . . Christian

esus would make everyone welcome. He never excluded anyone,
Would Jesus exclude those who wish to raise their children in a traditional family setting and send them to a private Christian school? It seems to me society cannot help but vent disapproval on someone. Since government (not God, but government) ordained disapproval cannot be vented on homosexual behavior, disapproval is now directed at raising/educating children in traditional settings. We excuse this disapproval by saying we are now more open minded. Does being open-minded require us to close our minds about something else? Moving mistrust from one group only to place it on another does not result in a gain for any of us.

Who should decide when a child is told about non-traditional families, and how they are told? Raising a child in a traditional setting does not equate to teaching them to discriminate, does it?

Your post sounds well reasoned and thoughtful, on first reading, but it's complete and utter bullshit.

First off, all children being raised in a "traditional family setting" and attending a "Christian school" aren't all good little straight heterosexuals, nor do their parents necessarily believe that homosexuality is wrong, and seek an environment where children aren't exposed to alternative lifestyles. Some of these "Christian" schools exist solely for the purpose of ensuring that these good young Republican children don't attend schools with non-white, non-Christian children. I've had more than one parent tell this is why they send their kids to "Christian" schools.

Conservatives seem determined to have carefully controlled environments for their young white darlings so they are never exposed to different ideas, religions or classes of people other than their own. They are strangling public schools with voucher programs and charter schools, diverting more and more public money to schools who discriminate or cherry pick their students.

Like health care, the US has the most expensive education system in the world, and has the worst results. Your top tier Ivy League schools, like your top tier research hospitals, are more interested in selling off enrolment to rich students from all around the world, than in providing a top quality education to Americans. Between the foreign exchange students, and the "legacy admissions" (1/3 of all admissions - nearly all white), that doesn't leave a lot of spots for bright young Americans of all races to compete for the few remaining spots, even if they can afford the tuition, which is current the price of a nice two storey home in a good neighbourhood.
Being exposed to different ideas can be destructive. That's why Christian parents put their kids in Christian schools. I don't want my little girl going to be restroom and having a 14 year-old Johnny come waltzing in wearing lipstick, eye shadow and high heels, then pulling his schlong out to urinate. You like that kinda crap, huh.

I got news for you bucko. Johnny won't be whipping out anything in the presence of your daughters. Johnny will use a stall like everyone else.

Men are the most clueless ignorant fools when it comes to knowing what women do in public washrooms. Women don't drop trou in front of other women. Even in gym shower rooms, we have individual shower stalls with curtains. Women expect and have privacy. If Johnny comes into the women's washroom wearing lipstick, eye shadow and high heels, he'll either have to be a REALLY convincing woman, or he'll get the crap beat out of him when he leaves the washroom.
So you disagree with the leftist trash that want men that are feeling pretty that day to use the women's restroom. Good for you.

Some of these "Christian" schools exist solely for the purpose of ensuring that these good young Republican children don't attend schools with non-white, non-Christian children. I've had more than one parent tell this is why they send their kids to "Christian" schools.
"Some" parents aren't all parents--or even the greater percentage of parents. The same with "some" schools.

Most good Christian schools simply want Christian ethics and ideals--plus scripture study--included in their child's curriculum. If we are in favor of neighborhoods being multi-cultural and multi-ethnic, then surely we should be in favor of preserving those cultures. In order to do that, each culture will probably want to take precautions and extra steps to insure that their children have some immersion into their own culture. Aren't we all in favor of Native Americans being allowed to learn more about their own culture? Surely we would not protest Asian children or Jewish children learning their own customs and holidays? Etcetera. This being the case, then isn't it equally as important that Christian children be given the same consideration?

Should any one group be viewed more favorably than the rest? Should any one be treated with more suspicion?

Your post sounds well reasoned and thoughtful, on first reading, but it's complete and utter bullshit.

First off, all children being raised in a "traditional family setting" and attending a "Christian school" aren't all good little straight heterosexuals, nor do their parents necessarily believe that homosexuality is wrong, and seek an environment where children aren't exposed to alternative lifestyles. Some of these "Christian" schools exist solely for the purpose of ensuring that these good young Republican children don't attend schools with non-white, non-Christian children. I've had more than one parent tell this is why they send their kids to "Christian" schools.

Conservatives seem determined to have carefully controlled environments for their young white darlings so they are never exposed to different ideas, religions or classes of people other than their own. They are strangling public schools with voucher programs and charter schools, diverting more and more public money to schools who discriminate or cherry pick their students.

How Many Politicians Send their Kids to Public Schools? | PublicSchoolReview.com

These Senate Dems Sent Their Kids to Private Schools

Why Do So Few Presidents and Political Leaders Send Their Kids to Public School? - The Atlantic

I am against public funding of charter schools and private schools. But, if the only thing that you can see is this is a "Republican" problem then you are no longer a part of the solution.......you are a part of the problem. Nothing was said with Arne Duncan and nothing was said with John King, Jr.

None of us on this forum are movers and shakers. We have always had private schools and we have always had religious schools. Public schools are for the the rest of us that would never been allowed to acquire an education.

As a parent, I refused to allow my son to be christened and I refused to allow him to attend a church or go to the little camps and kept it off limits until he was curious enough to start asking questions because I firmly believe that we do the right thing because it's the right thing to do and not out of fear. That was "my" choice as a parent. I controlled the television. I decided when to introduce certain topics unless he heard about something at school and we had to have a conversation way earlier than was necessary. Most of the people here are telling you that they want that opportunity to decide how, when and where those conversations with their kids take place. They want to control the environment to the best of their ability. That's it.

If a school wants to discriminate due to sexual orientation, they should have their taxpayer subsidies (federal income tax exemption) permanently revoked.

If an organization wants to <fill in favorite thing I think they shouldn't do>, they must be punished! Is that about the size of it?

So this was the outrage du jour for my sister, the family's token leftist:

Karen Pence Works at School That Bans Gay Employees and Students

Apparently, this is a big, shocking story worthy of much coverage:

Karen Pence to teach at school that bans LGBTQ employees, students

Karen Pence Is Working At A School That Bans LGBTQ Employees And Kids | HuffPost

The school that hired Karen Pence requires applicants to disavow gay marriage, trans identity

Why this is such a bombshell is anyone's guess. To quote Matt Walsh, the media seems to "discover" that the Pences are Christians every two months or so, and they're shocked and outraged every time.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. Obviously, given that they all basically used the same headline, they're up in arms yet again about Christians stubbornly insisting that "alternative" sexual behavior is not okay, in direct contradiction to the CLEAR dictates of the left. I'm just not sure if they're demanding that Christian private schools should endorse behavior they don't agree with, or if they're demanding that the Vice President's wife should have to get a job in a place she doesn't agree with.

Meh. We'll know they are serious when they start addressing Pence's track record and not targeting his wife and kids. Pence and family are deeply religious. Not sure what the shock factor is. Christian schools are still Christian.

We know they're not serious because they went off the deep end when Pence respected his wife so much he refused to put himself in situations where he could be accused of impropriety.

Easy prediction 1.1:

Even now, somewhere in the United States, democrat operatives are feverishly attempting to put together a narrative that Mike Pence is so evil he once broke an old lady's window playing baseball and was spotted wearing white after Labor Day. Expect an anonymous woman to claim he once made her feel bad by refusing to date her, or something equally stupid.

Karen Pence Is Working At A School That Bans LGBTQ Employees And Kids | HuffPost

The school that hired Karen Pence requires applicants to disavow gay marriage, trans identity

Why this is such a bombshell is anyone's guess. To quote Matt Walsh, the media seems to "discover" that the Pences are Christians every two months or so, and they're shocked and outraged every time.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. Obviously, given that they all basically used the same headline, they're up in arms yet again about Christians stubbornly insisting that "alternative" sexual behavior is not okay, in direct contradiction to the CLEAR dictates of the left. I'm just not sure if they're demanding that Christian private schools should endorse behavior they don't agree with, or if they're demanding that the Vice President's wife should have to get a job in a place she doesn't agree with.

It's not like she worked for a muslim school or a jewish school or a catholic school or a secular humanist school.
But this is pretty much the same thing as if she decided to work for a christer private school that did not accept minority students nor hire minority teachers....using religion as an excuse to not do so.

Christopher's of the world, unite!

Indeed, my wake up call this morning was to see a Leftist colleague on Facebook screeching about this. I'm THIS CLOSE to saying wake me up when liberals are screeching about Muslims not taking gay students in their schools.....but of course I won't. But what she said about Christians in that post REALLY ticks me off

I hear there are people who DON'T wake up to 10 leftist hate screeds against Trump and Pence clogging the top of their Facebook feed. I wonder what that's like.

Heck, I've even heard that there are people who DON'T get their political news from FaceBook and are not influenced by Russian ads.

Seriously, who even knows what goes on a Christian school these days. Is it like a madrasah?

I went to a Catholic school. And we had to actually read the Bible.

Learned that giving was godly. And that helping people were direct orders from Jesus.

We were taught we should help this sick in the infirm. Never make fun of people less fortunate.

That’s just the old kind of Christianity that you don’t see anymore in the Republican Party.

For Republicans, it’s not about helping people, it’s about idolizing the rich.

The Christians I knew when I was a kid never would’ve accepted a man whore and victimizer as their leader. Not ever.

Do you favor a Christian theocracy? If not, then quit yammering about Republicans not following Biblical teachings. Since you decry that, are we to them take that you think democrats follow Biblical teachings? Because they don't. Why is it a problem for one party to not follow Biblical teachings and not fit another when neither one identifies as a religious party?

It would seem that you're complaining about very little.

Meh. We'll know they are serious when they start addressing Pence's track record and not targeting his wife and kids. Pence and family are deeply religious. Not sure what the shock factor is. Christian schools are still Christian.

We know they're not serious because they went off the deep end when Pence respected his wife so much he refused to put himself in situations where he could be accused of impropriety.

Easy prediction 1.1:

Even now, somewhere in the United States, democrat operatives are feverishly attempting to put together a narrative that Mike Pence is so evil he once broke an old lady's window playing baseball and was spotted wearing white after Labor Day. Expect an anonymous woman to claim he once made her feel bad by refusing to date her, or something equally stupid.

They have no further to look than his track record.

Indeed, my wake up call this morning was to see a Leftist colleague on Facebook screeching about this. I'm THIS CLOSE to saying wake me up when liberals are screeching about Muslims not taking gay students in their schools.....but of course I won't. But what she said about Christians in that post REALLY ticks me off

I hear there are people who DON'T wake up to 10 leftist hate screeds against Trump and Pence clogging the top of their Facebook feed. I wonder what that's like.

Heck, I've even heard that there are people who DON'T get their political news from FaceBook and are not influenced by Russian ads.

I know, right?! How shocking.

Easy prediction 1.1:

And yet that will be of much less importance to them than any scandal they can create. Witness what happened to Kavanaugh. He had an excellent record with an extensive paper trail available for examination. Did we hear about any of his decisions on the bench? Nope. The same would be true of Pence, should it come to that.

Easy prediction 1.1:

Mike Pence doesn't refuse to have business dinners with women out of respect for his wife. He does so as an excuse for not hiring women for top level positions. Since he can't have dinner in a public restaurant with a woman who is not his wife, he can't hire a woman who he might be required to have a private business dinner with.

I've had dozens of business dinners over the years with bosses and with clients. You meet them at the restaurant, have your own transportation home, and don't have more than two glasses of wine with dinner. One if you're driving.

This idea that men are going to be falsely accused of wrong doing if they are alone with a woman is ridiculous. If you're putting your hands on her, or suggesting you're attracted to her, then, yes you will be accused, and it won't be falsely, so keep your hands to yourself and your conversation about business.

Last edited:

Isaiah 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Nothing new, but we have those on the left wrong condemning virtue as if it were a vice, and promoting vices as if they were virtues.

Easy prediction 1.1:

Mike Pence doesn't refuse to have business dinners with women out of respect for his wife. He does so as an excuse for not hiring women for top level positions. Since he can't have dinner in a public restaurant with a woman who is not his wife, he can't hire a woman who he might be required to have a private business dinner with.

I've had dozens of business dinners over the years with bosses and with clients. You meet them at the restaurant, have your own transportation home, and don't have more than two glasses of wine with dinner. One if you're driving.

This idea that men are going to be falsely accused of wrong doing if they are alone with a woman is ridiculous. If you're putting your hands on her, or suggesting you're attracted to her, then, yes you will be accused, and it won't be falsely, so keep your hands to yourself and your conversation about business.

Mind readers of the world, unite! Laughable that you believe all women are of such noble character. Did you believe Bubba Clinton's accusers, or is that different?

Easy prediction 1.1:

Mind readers of the world, unite! Laughable that you believe all women are of such noble character. Did you believe Bubba Clinton's accusers, or is that different?

Bill didn't really have "accusers". Bill had women that Republicans brow beat, threatened and cajoled into making false accusations against him. Anita Broaddrick was given a choice: Accuse Clinton of rape and be given immunity from a perjury charge, or go to jail for perjury, she chose immunity, after swearing an affidavit that Bill Clinton did not rape her.

Paula Jones just wanted an apology for a story written in some conservative magazine saying a woman named Paula, married to a state trooper, gave Clinton a blow job in a local hotel when he was AG of Arkansas. Just wanted a retraction saying she refused Bill's advances. It was Linda Tripp and the Republicans who talked her into filing a spurious sexual harassment case against Clinton: A case that was ultimately dismissed with prejudice for the lack of evidence.

6 1/2 years the Republican Party and Ken Starr investigated every aspect of the Clintons personal and private lives. And they FOUND NOTHING. Clinton was a successful and popular President. Republicans had to take him down. After Watergate, after Iran-Contra, a Democratic President had to be taken down. Even Ken Starr has called his investigation a witch hunt and apologized to the Clintons for his part in it.

Easy prediction 1.1:

And yet that will be of much less importance to them than any scandal they can create. Witness what happened to Kavanaugh. He had an excellent record with an extensive paper trail available for examination. Did we hear about any of his decisions on the bench? Nope. The same would be true of Pence, should it come to that.

Kavenaugh doesn't have an "excellent record". And the paper trail was kept from the Senators who asked to see it. You didn't hear about his decisions on the bench, or his work for the Bush Administration, because none of those records were provided to Senators, such was the rush on this nomination.

Easy prediction 1.1:

Kavenaugh doesn't have an "excellent record". And the paper trail was kept from the Senators who asked to see it. You didn't hear about his decisions on the bench, or his work for the Bush Administration, because none of those records were provided to Senators, such was the rush on this nomination.

That's bull. There were thousands of pages of his work that were available for perusal. None of them mattered.

Easy prediction 1.1:

Bill didn't really have "accusers". Bill had women that Republicans brow beat, threatened and cajoled into making false accusations against him. Anita Broaddrick was given a choice: Accuse Clinton of rape and be given immunity from a perjury charge, or go to jail for perjury, she chose immunity, after swearing an affidavit that Bill Clinton did not rape her.

Paula Jones just wanted an apology for a story written in some conservative magazine saying a woman named Paula, married to a state trooper, gave Clinton a blow job in a local hotel when he was AG of Arkansas. Just wanted a retraction saying she refused Bill's advances. It was Linda Tripp and the Republicans who talked her into filing a spurious sexual harassment case against Clinton: A case that was ultimately dismissed with prejudice for the lack of evidence.

6 1/2 years the Republican Party and Ken Starr investigated every aspect of the Clintons personal and private lives. And they FOUND NOTHING. Clinton was a successful and popular President. Republicans had to take him down. After Watergate, after Iran-Contra, a Democratic President had to be taken down. Even Ken Starr has called his investigation a witch hunt and apologized to the Clintons for his part in it.

So, IOW, "it's different". When a democrat is accused, every excuse in the book is employed to not believe them. Yet, women are of such noble character they'd never falsely accuse a Republican. Look at what you said, "browbeat, threatened and cajoled". You think the democrats wouldn't do that?

Forum List

Back