Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So this was the outrage du jour for my sister, the family's token leftist:

Karen Pence Works at School That Bans Gay Employees and Students

Apparently, this is a big, shocking story worthy of much coverage:

Karen Pence to teach at school that bans LGBTQ employees, students

Karen Pence Is Working At A School That Bans LGBTQ Employees And Kids | HuffPost

The school that hired Karen Pence requires applicants to disavow gay marriage, trans identity

Why this is such a bombshell is anyone's guess. To quote Matt Walsh, the media seems to "discover" that the Pences are Christians every two months or so, and they're shocked and outraged every time.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. Obviously, given that they all basically used the same headline, they're up in arms yet again about Christians stubbornly insisting that "alternative" sexual behavior is not okay, in direct contradiction to the CLEAR dictates of the left. I'm just not sure if they're demanding that Christian private schools should endorse behavior they don't agree with, or if they're demanding that the Vice President's wife should have to get a job in a place she doesn't agree with.

Anyway, as I was saying, is this not exactly what the left has been demanding and harping on since forever? They keep insisting that they aren't attacking Christianity, they have no interest in suppressing Christianity. How many times have we heard this meme? "I just don't want the Bible shoved down my throat. Keep your religion to yourself, and we're fine."

Leaving aside arguments about how demanding self-censorship IS suppressing Christianity, are Karen Pence and Imanuel Christian not doing exactly what the left vehemently insists is "all they want"? They are not espousing their beliefs in a public school, or anywhere that receives any sort of public funds. They're a private school, on their own private property, and no one is being forced to hear or live with their beliefs who does not agree with them. Indeed, they are encouraging people who don't agree with them to not be there.

Is this not what the Left told us was "all they wanted"? And yet they're still pitching a media pissy fit over it. It's almost as though they've been lying all this time, or something.

Anyway, as I was saying, is this not exactly what the left has been demanding and harping on since forever? They keep insisting that they aren't attacking Christianity, they have no interest in suppressing Christianity. How many times have we heard this meme? "I just don't want the Bible shoved down my throat. Keep your religion to yourself, and we're fine."

Leaving aside arguments about how demanding self-censorship IS suppressing Christianity, are Karen Pence and Imanuel Christian not doing exactly what the left vehemently insists is "all they want"? They are not espousing their beliefs in a public school, or anywhere that receives any sort of public funds. They're a private school, on their own private property, and no one is being forced to hear or live with their beliefs who does not agree with them. Indeed, they are encouraging people who don't agree with them to not be there.

Is this not what the Left told us was "all they wanted"? And yet they're still pitching a media pissy fit over it. It's almost as though they've been lying all this time, or something.

Yabbut, liberals are thinkers and moral compasses of D.C. You expect them to ignore the progress they need to make?

Fortunately, the religious folks have broad shoulders and see it for what it is.

I'm sorry but it is the Christians or at least trying to pretend they are Christian. It isn't what they say but how they act. And they are acting like they have never read the bible. Yes there is no question in my mind that many Christians do believe that any sign of gayism is a road straight to hell. To bad they can't understand what the bible says. Look at the way they back the mistreatment of people that are in need of help. Do any of you supposed Christians know what the bible says about that. Remember that Christ was a refugee.

I'm sorry but it is the Christians or at least trying to pretend they are Christian. It isn't what they say but how they act. And they are acting like they have never read the bible. Yes there is no question in my mind that many Christians do believe that any sign of gayism is a road straight to hell. To bad they can't understand what the bible says. Look at the way they back the mistreatment of people that are in need of help. Do any of you supposed Christians know what the bible says about that. Remember that Christ was a refugee.

Sorry, I don't remember titling this thread, "Please give us your wisdom on how 2 millennia of Christianity has all been wrong, and YOU know much better." Probably my advancing age affecting my memory, I'm sure, and I did ask you to come in here and deliver a lecture, and it slipped my mind.

Leaving aside whether or not you, in your glorious moral and theological wisdom, think Christians SHOULD believe that alternative sexual behaviors are wrong, I assume that we can agree that most Christian denominations DO believe that. So perhaps you could find a little time in your preaching and proselytizing to those who didn't ask and don't care to address the thread topic: why is the media shocked and outraged that a Christian private school is behaving like a Christian private school, and that the openly and unashamedly Christian wife of the Vice President is working there? Why do people on the left keep telling us that they don't want to suppress Christianity, they "just" want Christians to keep it to themselves, but then can't seem to follow through on what they say?

What are you talking about..... ? Christ was a refugee? .....

What are you talking about..... ? Christ was a refugee? .....

Well, not in the way the left usually means it, but sort of. Oh, not when He was born in Bethlehem. Later, when King Herod decided to kill all the baby boys, His parents took Him and fled to Egypt until it was safe to return (at least, according to Matthew. There is no record, elsewhere in the Bible or in history, of Herod's war on baby boys or of Joseph, Mary, and Jesus fleeing to Egypt). So . . . refugee, ex-pat, whatever you want to call it.

I still don't see what the issue is.

Karen Pence Is Working At A School That Bans LGBTQ Employees And Kids | HuffPost

The school that hired Karen Pence requires applicants to disavow gay marriage, trans identity

Why this is such a bombshell is anyone's guess. To quote Matt Walsh, the media seems to "discover" that the Pences are Christians every two months or so, and they're shocked and outraged every time.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. Obviously, given that they all basically used the same headline, they're up in arms yet again about Christians stubbornly insisting that "alternative" sexual behavior is not okay, in direct contradiction to the CLEAR dictates of the left. I'm just not sure if they're demanding that Christian private schools should endorse behavior they don't agree with, or if they're demanding that the Vice President's wife should have to get a job in a place she doesn't agree with.
Wrong.

No one is surprised by the unwanted fear, bigotry, and hate common to far too many Christian schools, including the media.

Wrong.

No one is surprised by the unwanted fear, bigotry, and hate common to far too many Christian schools, including the media.

"Just because it's right there in front of me doesn't mean I have to believe it!"

Btw, you didn't have to plant your leftist surrender flag on every one of my posts. I already knew you were a coward with nothing to say.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here.

4th century christianity has never proven itself and continues to harbor the forgeries and fraudulent passages written in the text of their bible - and otherwise does not represent the 1st century events they claim is the basis for their religion.

education is a secular field of study, they have their churches to go to for whatever purpose they have for that type of entertainment.

It's not like she worked for a muslim school or a jewish school or a catholic school or a secular humanist school.

I have no doubt you do NOT know what the problem is.

In fact, for you, there is NO problem!

But we talking about evangelical zealots (christians first, conservatives second, republicans third, no room left for patriotism) . People who think in the dark ages. People who believe women should submit to their husbands and that gays should NOT be tolerated. Obviously YOU have no problem with enslaving women and performing the final solution on all of your christian enemies but as a sane and rational person who doesn't want to be a victim of your inquisition I can assure you I do NOT want to go back to the dark ages.

These guys are just as bad as islamic zealots.

and their schools are teaching the next generation of anti-gay, anti-women zealots.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here.

4th century christianity has never proven itself and continues to harbor the forgeries and fraudulent passages written in the text of their bible - and otherwise does not represent the 1st century events they claim is the basis for their religion.

education is a secular field of study, they have their churches to go to for whatever purpose they have for that type of entertainment.

"4th century stop reading because I'm a pointless attention whore".

You do realize that's all I see of your posts before sneering and going on to real people with real posts, right?

I have no doubt you do NOT know what the problem is.

In fact, for you, there is NO problem!

But we talking about evangelical zealots (christians first, conservatives second, republicans third, no room left for patriotism) . People who think in the dark ages. People who believe women should submit to their husbands and that gays should NOT be tolerated. Obviously YOU have no problem with enslaving women and performing the final solution on all of your christian enemies but as a sane and rational person who doesn't want to be a victim of your inquisition I can assure you I do NOT want to go back to the dark ages.

These guys are just as bad as islamic zealots.

and their schools are teaching the next generation of anti-gay, anti-women zealots.

Not just for me, hon. There's no problem FOR ANYONE . . . unless you have a compelling need to force everyone to do and say and think what you want at all times, under all circumstances.

Of course, that would make everything the left has said on the subject of religion a baldfaced lie, wouldn't it?

I mean, look at you. We're talking about why would the media be shocked and outraged that Christians are behaving exactly like Christians, and on private property without bothering anyone, and yet your post saying NOTHING about that topic, and instead rants on and on about how eeeeevil Christian beliefs are, as if anyone asked you that. You dribble down your chin about "enslaving women" and "final solutions on your enemies" and "victims of your inquisition [sic]", and none of that bears any relation whatsoever to the thread topic.

SOMEONE is an evangelical zealot, but it's not the Christians. SOMEONE wants to enslave and control people, but it's still not the Christians. SOMEONE is cheering on an Inquisition against heretics to his beliefs, but it's STILL not the Christians.

You are hurling foam-flecked vitriol at others for your own sins, hon.

Whatever their schools are teaching, it's THEIR schools and THEIR children, so what frigging business is it of yours or anyone else's? Why are the media and wild-eyed religiophobic fruitcakes like you shitting yourselves over it?

If a school wants to discriminate due to sexual orientation, they should have their taxpayer subsidies (federal income tax exemption) permanently revoked.

Forum List

Back