Media Surprised That Christians Schools Are . . . Christian

I'm always amazed at the arrogance of unbelievers that somehow think they know what Scripture says.
Is that why scholars use companions for scripture to know the meaning of the statement?
Companions? What do you mean?
It is an aid in reading the Bible I am guessing you didn't have a Biblical scholar in yer family like I did, my Grandmother was a doctorate level Biblical scholar...So I do know somewhat what is in the Bible and what it means since as a child I was require to memorize the Bible and be in the choir since she was the music director, no women could be a preacher or leader of a church back then...

and what do biblical scholars think about these passages;

Leviticus 25:44-46 ESV / 1,803 helpful votes
As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 9,101 helpful votes
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

I'm always amazed at the arrogance of unbelievers that somehow think they know what Scripture says.
Is that why scholars use companions for scripture to know the meaning of the statement?
It is an aid in reading the Bible I am guessing you didn't have a Biblical scholar in yer family like I did, my Grandmother was a doctorate level Biblical scholar...So I do know somewhat what is in the Bible and what it means since as a child I was require to memorize the Bible and be in the choir since she was the music director, no women could be a preacher or leader of a church back then...
Fascinating. What denomination did you belong to?

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17

You're another utterly clueless one

Dismissed
Damn that Christ he was utterly clueless..
I wouldn't want to be in your shoes on judgment day.
How does a spirit wear shoes?
Spirit body. You're under the mistaken impression that Spirit means without substance.
Exactly and your spirit or soul is all that makes it to the party with being judges. The two words are used in contextual settings all through the Bible interchangeably.The English word for spirit from Greek(in original form) is pneumonia.

Baptist that acted more like Methodist.

As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
God hated the idea of man enslaving man but wanted humans to follow some rules about slavery.

Evidently they didn't like gaydom but didn't mind lesbianism..

You're another utterly clueless one

Dismissed
Damn that Christ he was utterly clueless..
I wouldn't want to be in your shoes on judgment day.
How does a spirit wear shoes?
Spirit body. You're under the mistaken impression that Spirit means without substance.
Exactly and your spirit or soul is all that makes it to the party with being judges. The two words are used in contextual settings all through the Bible interchangeably.The English word for spirit from Greek(in original form) is pneumonia.
No, the spirit and soul are two different things. I Thessalonians 5:23. Spirit, soul and body. Your spirit is the part of eternal. Your soul is your mind, will, and emotions. Body is you flesh and bones.

Baptist that acted more like Methodist.
Baptists are good at getting people saved, but don't really know the deeper truths of Scripture. There's your problem.

God hated the idea of man enslaving man but wanted humans to follow some rules about slavery.

Good Lord, you are a dumb ass for taking things that occured thousands of years ago OUT OF CONTEXT and applying the standards of today. No wonder you are where you are at in life.

esus would make everyone welcome. He never excluded anyone,
Would Jesus exclude those who wish to raise their children in a traditional family setting and send them to a private Christian school? It seems to me society cannot help but vent disapproval on someone. Since government (not God, but government) ordained disapproval cannot be vented on homosexual behavior, disapproval is now directed at raising/educating children in traditional settings. We excuse this disapproval by saying we are now more open minded. Does being open-minded require us to close our minds about something else? Moving mistrust from one group only to place it on another does not result in a gain for any of us.

Who should decide when a child is told about non-traditional families, and how they are told? Raising a child in a traditional setting does not equate to teaching them to discriminate, does it?

Your post sounds well reasoned and thoughtful, on first reading, but it's complete and utter bullshit.

First off, all children being raised in a "traditional family setting" and attending a "Christian school" aren't all good little straight heterosexuals, nor do their parents necessarily believe that homosexuality is wrong, and seek an environment where children aren't exposed to alternative lifestyles. Some of these "Christian" schools exist solely for the purpose of ensuring that these good young Republican children don't attend schools with non-white, non-Christian children. I've had more than one parent tell this is why they send their kids to "Christian" schools.

Conservatives seem determined to have carefully controlled environments for their young white darlings so they are never exposed to different ideas, religions or classes of people other than their own. They are strangling public schools with voucher programs and charter schools, diverting more and more public money to schools who discriminate or cherry pick their students.

Like health care, the US has the most expensive education system in the world, and has the worst results. Your top tier Ivy League schools, like your top tier research hospitals, are more interested in selling off enrolment to rich students from all around the world, than in providing a top quality education to Americans. Between the foreign exchange students, and the "legacy admissions" (1/3 of all admissions - nearly all white), that doesn't leave a lot of spots for bright young Americans of all races to compete for the few remaining spots, even if they can afford the tuition, which is current the price of a nice two storey home in a good neighbourhood.

Good Lord, you are a dumb ass for taking things that occured thousands of years ago OUT OF CONTEXT and applying the standards of today. No wonder you are where you are at in life.
Ah yes another over judging man that thinks he has a step up in this world but is just the same as everyone else in life and by the vie GFY.

Would Jesus exclude those who wish to raise their children in a traditional family setting and send them to a private Christian school? It seems to me society cannot help but vent disapproval on someone. Since government (not God, but government) ordained disapproval cannot be vented on homosexual behavior, disapproval is now directed at raising/educating children in traditional settings. We excuse this disapproval by saying we are now more open minded. Does being open-minded require us to close our minds about something else? Moving mistrust from one group only to place it on another does not result in a gain for any of us.

Who should decide when a child is told about non-traditional families, and how they are told? Raising a child in a traditional setting does not equate to teaching them to discriminate, does it?

Your post sounds well reasoned and thoughtful, on first reading, but it's complete and utter bullshit.

First off, all children being raised in a "traditional family setting" and attending a "Christian school" aren't all good little straight heterosexuals, nor do their parents necessarily believe that homosexuality is wrong, and seek an environment where children aren't exposed to alternative lifestyles. Some of these "Christian" schools exist solely for the purpose of ensuring that these good young Republican children don't attend schools with non-white, non-Christian children. I've had more than one parent tell this is why they send their kids to "Christian" schools.

Conservatives seem determined to have carefully controlled environments for their young white darlings so they are never exposed to different ideas, religions or classes of people other than their own. They are strangling public schools with voucher programs and charter schools, diverting more and more public money to schools who discriminate or cherry pick their students.

Like health care, the US has the most expensive education system in the world, and has the worst results. Your top tier Ivy League schools, like your top tier research hospitals, are more interested in selling off enrolment to rich students from all around the world, than in providing a top quality education to Americans. Between the foreign exchange students, and the "legacy admissions" (1/3 of all admissions - nearly all white), that doesn't leave a lot of spots for bright young Americans of all races to compete for the few remaining spots, even if they can afford the tuition, which is current the price of a nice two storey home in a good neighbourhood.
Being exposed to different ideas can be destructive. That's why Christian parents put their kids in Christian schools. I don't want my little girl going to be restroom and having a 14 year-old Johnny come waltzing in wearing lipstick, eye shadow and high heels, then pulling his schlong out to urinate. You like that kinda crap, huh.

Being exposed to different ideas can be destructive. That's why Christian parents put their kids in Christian schools. I don't want my little girl going to be restroom and having a 14 year-old Johnny come waltzing in wearing lipstick, eye shadow and high heels, then pulling his schlong out to urinate. You like that kinda crap, huh.
Does you little one always use urinals?

No. Do you believe boys and girls should use the same restroom at the same time?

No. Do you believe boys and girls should use the same restroom at the same time?
Not really, yet in girls terlits there are partition walls and you wouldn't see their genitals unless they were peeking.

Not really, yet in girls terlits there are partition walls and you wouldn't see their genitals unless they were peeking.
There's a reason we have always honored privacy and modesty in society. The far left wants to destroy that and turn us into animals.

First off, all children being raised in a "traditional family setting" and attending a "Christian school" aren't all good little straight heterosexuals, nor do their parents necessarily believe that homosexuality is wrong, and seek an environment where children aren't exposed to alternative lifestyles
If you read my post, you will have noted I am not presupposing or arguing any of that. Those are your assumptions.

I got news for you bucko. Johnny won't be whipping out anything in the presence of your daughters. Johnny will use a stall like everyone else.

Men are the most clueless ignorant fools when it comes to knowing what women do in public washrooms. Women don't drop trou in front of other women. Even in gym shower rooms, we have individual shower stalls with curtains. Women expect and have privacy. If Johnny comes into the women's washroom wearing lipstick, eye shadow and high heels, he'll either have to be a REALLY convincing woman, or he'll get the crap beat out of him when he leaves the washroom.

You may wish to look up the percentages of students of each race that choose to attend charter schools.

whenever over the centuries have any of the scriptural religions ever been at the forefront of doing what was good for society or help those most in need - rather than their own self interest - your private schools for yourselves to make your children as uncountable for your past deeds as you are. those in this thread blind themselves to their own true intent.

Desert religions? Accountable for past deeds? Blind to their own true intent? Haha.

Yet, you didn't answer one question of mine.

What have you been drinking or smoking? Maybe snorting or doing some illegal Fentanyl prescription? Anyway, when you come down someone can talk you through your stereotypes and overactive generalizations.
but what are the 6th and 7th Commandments since you know about the 1st century book?

there is no first century book only the spoken Religion of Antiquity prescribed by the Almighty - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - by their action, the travails of Noah. there is no messiah nor one claimed in the 1st century but by the fraudulent 4th century christian bible without a shred of evidence.

the etchings for those commandments were destroyed by the heretic Moses, you nor anyone else knows what they were or even existed. those in your 4th century book are forgeries /. what you teach in your private schools.

What have you been drinking or smoking? Maybe snorting or doing some illegal Fentanyl prescription? Anyway, when you come down someone can talk you through your stereotypes and overactive generalizations.

as the others in this thread you display a wanton disregard for the truth rather to continue unabated your centuries of persecution and victimization of the innocent ... the awfulness of the christian / desert religion's bibles.

rather than correct your past errors you relive them daily in zeal for your own self interest.

Forum List

Back