Media ridicules "pay-go" rhetoric

It's a simple math question, just answer it.
Did I call the shot, or what?!?!?!!????

:rofl:
He thinks I am trying to make some point against his Messiah. I am not. I am attempting to see if he understands numbers on the most basic of levels.

I'm not a circus monkey that jumps thru hoops for you just because you waive a banana.

Answering your "simple misleading questions" without knowing your point is not something I intend on doing regularly.

Clinton didn't face the massive economic problems we have today, so it surely isn't clear how he would have handled the current situation. Clinton definitely would have gotten more cooperation from Republicans, that's for sure. As for PAYGO, Bush allowed that to expire in 2002, I believe, knowing full well that as we went to war, there was no way the rules could be met.

Clinton was given Daddy Bush's recession and handed Bush 2 a surplus.
:

The President has very little actual power. Except for Clinton of course, who had more powers than any other President has had before or since. Because his Republican Congress gave it to him.:cuckoo:

Ok

Clearly it is not.
Yes, it is.

The numbers, I pulled out at random. They have nothing to do with Bush, or Obama.

Just answer the simple question, of you can.

Which number is bigger:

999,821 million
-or-
1.2 trillion

Neither. Both. The one on the left. :lol:
Seriously, just answer. Or, say you do not know. There's no shame in it if you do not. Only 2 out of ten Americans would get this right.

Take one more shot at it, then I will explain.

Yes, it is.

The numbers, I pulled out at random. They have nothing to do with Bush, or Obama.

Just answer the simple question, of you can.

Which number is bigger:

999,821 million
-or-
1.2 trillion

Seriously, just answer. Or, say you do not know. There's no shame in it if you do not. Only 2 out of ten Americans would get this right.

1 trillion is 1000 billions so it is bigger than 999 million.

Hell, its bigger than 999 billion.

:disbelief: and your point would be?

That its not his priorities which are overwhelming the budget. They are but a small fraction of the overall amount.

WTF? he's the one that submitted the budget ... are you saying he's only responsible for all the wasteful bullshit he put in that constitutes "his priorities"? what about the rest of the wasteful bullshit in it, was that an act of god or something?

Sealybobo said:
I suspect that if we sat down and were forced, half the shit you want to cut out could be cut and half the shit I think is wasteful probably is too.

And that would probably fix our deficit problems.
Now we're getting somewhere and I'll buy into that comprimise, so what would you cut first ?

Exactly what wasteful bullshit?

1 trillion is 1,000,000 million. One million million.

Take spending for example. In five short months, Obama's Congress has approved spending that is more than ALL of the previous 44 President's combined!

The projected deficit? Larger than all other previous administrations combined.

Yes, Bush's war spending was approved by congress, and does count against his deficit. It wasn't in the operating budget, because it wasn't considered an operating expense. But it still counts on the overall deficit, cbo.gov will help you understand the accounting, and how they figure the actuals. Spreadsheets there for all to peruse.

Now,

A trillion sounds warm, friendly, fuzzy to most Americans. Sounds small, manageable. But if it were expressed as a million million, not so fluffy, friendly or fuzzy now! Because most Americans do not understand what a trillion even is! Hell, most do not even understand what a billion is!

Thinking in these terms, now you should really be getting alarmed at the numbers we're seeing. Because even if Obama could tax the top 10% of earners, 100% for ten years, he might cut even a trillion by only 40%! Can you imagine that? Only 40%. Over ten freaking years!

So, where's he gonna get the money? The "rich" cannot even begin to pay it all, as I just demonstrated. So, where's he gonna get the revenue?

By taxing the poor. The little guy. With hidden taxes such as soda pop! (Yes, soda pop!) tobacco (targets the poor, especially the 1000% increase per pound on loose tobacco) Alcohol, Energy, (the new "green" tax will kill poor families) and so on.

Because the numbers are not flexible. Unless there are REAL cuts in spending, this deficit will never ever go away. Ever.

And that is what the "tea parties" are really about.

Last edited:

Take spending for example. In five short months, Obama's Congress has approved spending that is more than ALL of the previous 44 President's combined!

Yes, Bush's war spending was approved by congress, and does count against his deficit. It wasn't in the operating budget, because it wasn't considered an operating expense. But it still counts on the overall deficit, cbo.gov will help you understand the accounting, and how they figure the actuals. Spreadsheets there for all to peruse.

Now,

A trillion sounds warm, friendly, fuzzy to most Americans. Sounds small, manageable. But if it were expressed as a million million, not so fluffy, friendly or fuzzy now! Because most Americans do not understand what a trillion even is! Hell, most do not even understand what a billion is!

Thinking in these terms, now you should really be getting alarmed at the numbers we're seeing. Because even if Obama could tax the top 10% of earners, 100% for ten years, he might cut even a trillion by only 40%! Can you imagine that? Only 40%. Over ten freaking years!

So, where's he gonna get the money? The "rich" cannot even begin to pay it all, as I just demonstrated. So, where's he gonna get the revenue?

By taxing the poor. The little guy. With hidden taxes such as soda pop! (Yes, soda pop!) tobacco (targets the poor, especially the 1000% increase per pound on loose tobacco) Alcohol, Energy, (the new "green" tax will kill poor families) and so on.

Because the numbers are not flexible. Unless there are REAL cuts in spending, this deficit will never ever go away. Ever.

Care to provide proof that Congress under Obama has spent more than all 44 other presidents combined?

Now,

Care to provide proof that Congress under Obama has spent more than all 44 other presidents combined?
I did not say that. The actual spending isn't all done yet. Might be more, might be less than what has already been approved.

Now,

I did not say that. The actual spending isn't all done yet. Might be more, might be less than what has already been approved.

Well then you show me how what has been approved is more than all other presidents combined.

Now,

They should tax soda, smokes and booze. Those things cause all the healthcare problems and...

You know what? You're just going to have to watch and see how it plays out. If it plays out like you think, which it won't, then obama will be out and it will be very easy to push your agenda. But when it works, you'll have to admit it worked.

And if Obama just doubles the debt like Bush and Reagan did, I guess you're going to just have to deal with that too.

We need to spend a lot of money now. You aren't buying that, but its true. And later Obama is going to balance his budget and lower the deficit. Watch and see. I know you don't believe. And I'm not so sure either. But I have faith. Just like you had faith in the GOP. And I had faith in Clinton, and you guys said the exact same things about Clinton, and you were wrong.

Bush's 8 years caused massive inflation. So a trillion is now a billion. And you don't know for sure that all the spending that occured is on the deficit. Or that they attributed all that they should have to Bush.

Anyways, we voted for obama and that means we support his plan. God damn you guys are going to attack him every minute of every day for the next 4 years.

He's going to deliver. And the right is going to obstruct.

Well then you show me how what has been approved is more than all other presidents combined.
At cbo.gov there is a handy dandy little spreadsheet with that info. Understand, that alot of the spending approved isn't all the way passed yet. Like the $2.5 trillion for medical. That'll be a $5 trillion package by the time Congress is done earmarking it and adding pork to it! The House's version is already above what was asked for!

The trillions for the "smart grid." Will Congress defeat this? No way, they will pile pork on it and pass it!

Trillions more for education, infrastructure, and for giving to other countries is in the pike too!

We are dealing in trillions like it's nickles and dimes! And most people don't get alarmed because it all sound so warm and fuzzy!

At cbo.gov there is a handy dandy little spreadsheet with that info. Understand, that alot of the spending approved isn't all the way passed yet. Like the $2.5 trillion for medical. That'll be a $5 trillion package by the time Congress is done earmarking it and adding pork to it! The House's version is already above what was asked for!

The trillions for the "smart grid." Will Congress defeat this? No way, they will pile pork on it and pass it!

Trillions more for education, infrastructure, and for giving to other countries is in the pike too!

We are dealing in trillions like it's nickles and dimes! And most people don't get alarmed because it all sound so warm and fuzzy!

Then give me a direct link and tell me exactly how much has been approved. Give me an exact number and a link. You made a specific claim, now back it up.

They should tax soda, smokes and booze. Those things cause all the healthcare problems and...
First they came for the smokers. And that was okay, I didn't smoke.

Then they came for the pop drinkers, and that was okay, I drink water.

Then they came for the booze, and that was okay, I'm a tee-totaler.

Then they came for me....
And if Obama just doubles the debt like Bush and Reagan did, I guess you're going to just have to deal with that too.
It's already project to be tripled, and the interest on it doubles even that again in just eight years.
We need to spend a lot of money now. You aren't buying that, but its true. And later Obama is going to balance his budget and lower the deficit. Watch and see. I know you don't believe. And I'm not so sure either. But I have faith.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
As I always suspected, Obama is like a religious cult leader! You have faith in him while drinking his Jonestown kool-aid!!! This is a breakthrough and I am SO gonna SIG it!
Just like you had faith in the GOP.
Of which, once again, I HAD NONE STUPID!!! I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN OR EVEN A CONSERVATIVE!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR EMPTY HEAD!!!
And I had faith in Clinton, and you guys said the exact same things about Clinton, and you were wrong.
There's no "you guys" when you are talking to me, dumbass. Nobody said Clinton was running up massive debt or overspending, because he COULDN'T!!! There were LAWS at the time, PREVENTING that and Clinton did a damn good job following those laws!

You do of course realize that consumers end up paying all business taxes one way or the other, right ? Not just the ones where the gub'ment feels it perfectly ok to tax us for exercising our right to screw our OWN BODIES up, all of them.

First they came for the smokers. And that was okay, I didn't smoke.

Then they came for the pop drinkers, and that was okay, I drink water.

Then they came for the booze, and that was okay, I'm a tee-totaler.

Then they came for me....
It's already project to be tripled, and the interest on it doubles even that again in just eight years.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
As I always suspected, Obama is like a religious cult leader! You have faith in him while drinking his Jonestown kool-aid!!! This is a breakthrough and I am SO gonna SIG it!
Just like you had faith in the GOP.
Of which, once again, I HAD NONE STUPID!!! I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN OR EVEN A CONSERVATIVE!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR EMPTY HEAD!!!
And I had faith in Clinton, and you guys said the exact same things about Clinton, and you were wrong.
There's no "you guys" when you are talking to me, dumbass. Nobody said Clinton was running up massive debt or overspending, because he COULDN'T!!! There were LAWS at the time, PREVENTING that and Clinton did a damn good job following those laws!

Because taxing is somehow the same as throwing people in concentration camps and murdering them :cuckoo:

You do of course realize that consumers end up paying all business taxes one way or the other, right ? Not just the ones where the gub'ment feels it perfectly ok to tax us for exercising our right to screw our OWN BODIES up, all of them.

And? Of course its going to hit consumers, its passed directly onto them. :cuckoo:

And you have a right to screw up your body. You just have to pay for it. Its amusing that a "right" to do some things (like screw up your body) means that the "right" should be cheap, but other rights like healthcare, well it doesn't matter if you can't afford.

How very fucked up of you.

And? Of course its going to hit consumers, its passed directly onto them. :cuckoo:

And you have a right to screw up your body. You just have to pay for it. Its amusing that a "right" to do some things (like screw up your body) means that the "right" should be cheap, but other rights like healthcare, well it doesn't matter if you can't afford.
How do you justify that a price tag should be attached to exercising rights which impose no externality on the rest of society? Should we be taxed on our right to read trashy novels, engage in potentially dangerous recreational activies, have unprotected sex or any other thing that the gub'ment decides is "bad" for us?

How very fucked up of you.
and how very rude of YOU ..... :ahole-1:

Forum List

Back