Public transportation, wave of the future.

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
In early March Joe Biden requested $16.8 billion for public transportation and $3.2 billion for passenger and freight rail programs in his budget for the 2025 fiscal year.

A $198 million increase from the previous fiscal year and brings the entire financial investment in the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) to $21.1 billion in 2025 when adding the requests outlined.

Forget your gas cars, that Biden wants to eliminate, forget an EV, that Biden is pushing. Biden will have everyone riding the damn bus, or riding the subway, the one where crimes are committed and people are killed. Don't you worry, Biden is looking out for your best interest.

MSN

Europe is going to ban gas cars.
They are forcing people to buy tiny ev cars.

tinycarsxcsdwertfgcvbgtt33.jpg

View attachment 926947
Europe has always lead the pack in small cars. The Isetta of the 60s was an example. The Smart Car has been in production in Europe for at least 17 years in Europe that I know of. I never expected to see the Smart Car allowed in the US and their fuel economy sucks for a car that small.
1712202101979.png

Last edited:
Europe has always lead the pack in small cars. The Isetta of the 60s was an example. The Smart Car has been in production in Europe for at least 17 years in Europe that I know of. I never expected to see the Smart Car allowed in the US and their fuel economy sucks for a car that small.
View attachment 926978

A guy in our high school had one of those back in the 1960's, a Peugot or something I think. It broke down often, parts were high.

I have an electric bike I like a lot, and use it for small errands as well as exercise, but don't use it much in bad weather.

Looking at getting a trailer or building my own for it. Should have bought the larger cargo bike, but I get by with this one. I average a couple hundred miles a week so far with no mechanical issues. Later I may get a trike cargo bike. Even with 6 jugs of water, front an rear baskets and big saddle bags full I couldn't get up to its max weight capacity, and it still handled well, though you do have to do a little weight distribution planning.

Problem is we're losing gigawatts of power output that won't be replaced by solar and wind for decades, and without nuclear its a lost cause and will only create havoc, especially if your open borders policies keep adding 10 million people a year to your population base. Added capacity barely outpaces retired capacity, which won't come near to meeting the ridiculous demands that will be generated by California's silly schedule on replacing natural gas and forcing electric vehicle demands on the country. Both solar and wind are too unreliable as sources to boot.

Last edited:
In early March Joe Biden requested $16.8 billion for public transportation and $3.2 billion for passenger and freight rail programs in his budget for the 2025 fiscal year.

A $198 million increase from the previous fiscal year and brings the entire financial investment in the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) to $21.1 billion in 2025 when adding the requests outlined.

Forget your gas cars, that Biden wants to eliminate, forget an EV, that Biden is pushing. Biden will have everyone riding the damn bus, or riding the subway, the one where crimes are committed and people are killed. Don't you worry, Biden is looking out for your best interest.

MSN
Call me when Biden sends his gas guzzling Corvette to the car crusher.

View attachment 926978
Democrats BANNED importing the small diesel powered cars from Europe that get crazy good mileage. Because Dems decided diesel is evil.

MSN

They call them 15-minute cities.

No AC in your little apartment, just cooling centers, filled with the trash and feral people Dems love, just so long as they don't live near them.

MSN
I actually think this is a brilliant idea by Biden. Hey cars are expensive for those who don't have a lot of money and sometimes next to impossible to afford to own for the low income. My wife used public transportation for years because as a fast food worker for decades cars cost her way to much money. Public transportation is so much cheaper than cars and this makes a big difference for those who really struggle with money.

I myself have used public transportation sometimes when traveling in the big cities and it makes getting from point A to point B so much cheaper. I love using trains and buses in the big cities. I just wish more smaller cities around the US would have public transportation. We really are too dependent on cars. If there were a lot more options of transportation for Americans that would help. In too many cities the only option to get to point A to B for your daily commute oftentimes is to own a car, unless you work close enough to your house that you can walk or ride a bike.

View attachment 926947
These strike me as post-millennium retro-clones of the itty-bitty go-karts the Euros were making in the late 40s and early 50s.

Then again, they're more energy-poor and push-able and pliant than Americans, and they've got vastly better rail systems.

Threads like this are a great way to find out who has never been out of the country.

MSN

You're opposed to improvement in public transportation? Damn. How myopic you are.

A guy in our high school had one of those back in the 1960's, a Peugot or something I think. It broke down often, parts were high.

I have an electric bike I like a lot, and use it for small errands as well as exercise, but don't use it much in bad weather.

Looking at getting a trailer or building my own for it. Should have bought the larger cargo bike, but I get by with this one. I average a couple hundred miles a week so far with no mechanical issues. Later I may get a trike cargo bike. Even with 6 jugs of water, front an rear baskets and big saddle bags full I couldn't get up to its max weight capacity, and it still handled well, though you do have to do a little weight distribution planning.

Problem is we're losing gigawatts of power output that won't be replaced by solar and wind for decades, and without nuclear its a lost cause and will only create havoc, especially if your open borders policies keep adding 10 million people a year to your population base. Added capacity barely outpaces retired capacity, which won't come near to meeting the ridiculous demands that will be generated by California's silly schedule on replacing natural gas and forcing electric vehicle demands on the country. Both solar and wind are too unreliable as sources to boot.

Saudi Arabia has had very successful solar applications since 1982.. whole villages off grid. Plus, there's Farasan island which is totally solar powered.

And of course these are the same people that were like "hell yeah, what is wrong with 'Mercia" when Tucker was praising the Russian subway system.

I know. It's a hoot. Our metro system is very old and somewhat decrepit.

Biden is playing catch up..

Smart guy.

I know. It's a hoot. Our metro system is very old and somewhat decrepit.

Biden is playing catch up..

Smart guy.

We were in Panama in Feb, the system is Panama City is amazing. We as a country should be embarrassed that a country like Panama can do better than we do, but we are too busy fighting over beer and TV ads to care.

Forum List

Back