Media Gaslights America after Smollett hoax revealed...

If this attack was actually staged, Ithink it's a sign of mental illness. Interestingly, I just checked out the BBC, and there is a guy named Carl Beech who is going on trial on 12 counts of perverting the course of justice and fraud.

He had reported that he was molested as a child by several male politicians and witnessed three murders. Scotland Yard spent 25 million British pounds investigating his allegations. I can't seem to pick up the link using Android.

The header is "VIP Paedophile Ring Accuser To Face Trial in May," BBC News section.

We don't really know why human beings are this nuts.

Are you claiming the mainstream media is mentally ill?

Tell me more...

No. Read my comment again.

Guess I was confused because this is a thread about the Media in the Media Forum.

Please post your Smollett apologism in an appropriate thread on that topic. TIA.
This thread of about media reporting of this alleged hoax, it is not? Sorry if I was so unclear. I was thinking about how people perpetuate hoaxes and why.
Your posts seem to insinuate that the media had done something wrong in the case, particularly with your use of terms "gaslight" and "cover-up".I checked CNN and NBC News. They both continue to cover the story as it unfolds.I'm not seeing that the reporters have done anything wrong.
Since you obviously failed to watch the video in the OP...here it is from another source...

I watched as much as my stomach could take. Nothing fact-based in them. Certainly nothing about how anyone in "the media" erred in the reporting of this story, which is still developing.

The guy in the video just goes off on his opinion of what Smollett should do regarding meeting with police and something about the percentage of news jobs in counties that Hillary Clinton won, neither of which have anything to do with "the media." This is merely more RWNJ stuff.

I still believe him. That guy I never heard of until about a month ago would never lie to me. :(
I will sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for one million dollars. Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware.

Last edited:
It seems kinda racist to me that he needed help pulling off a scam, and the first people he thought of were Nigerians.

CNN thought about sneaking in a report that they were actually White-African-American Nigerians...but after that whole Zimmerman thing, the legal department nixed the idea.

CNN's ‘White Hispanic' Label For George Zimmerman Draws Fire | HuffPost

upload_2019-2-19_3-10-17.png

Forum List

Back