Mecca Mall!

Didn't "punt" on it at all.

The Muslims are rather sensitive about their prophet and postulating that the prophet is "turning in his grave" would be insulting..considering that they think he wasn't even buried.

Generally..I try not to talk to people about religion in real life..or keep it light.
Worst. Spin. Ever. :lol:

Daveman, again, declares victory..

Big surprise.:lol:
Is English your second language, or are you making a special effort to read things that aren't there? :lol:

Noting your failure is not declaring victory.

Well the rightie posters hopped right over the virtues of Capitalism and jumped right into denigration of a religion.

How American of them.:clap2:

Not.

What, Dubia will no longer be the capital of conspicuous, ostentatious, vulgar, capitalistic consumption? The sultan is gonna be PISSED!

Then again those saudis have had a good grasp of capitalism for a VERY long time. This is nothing new.

True.

But it's sort of surprising they are doing it in such a holy place.

No?

This story has been around the block for a bit. The take i get from it is that they are trying to do and say...

'See, bigger and better then all of you', piss on "Big Ben, ours is BIGGER!!! Time for you all to start working on mecca/miuslim time!!!'

Worst. Spin. Ever. :lol:

Is English your second language, or are you making a special effort to read things that aren't there? :lol:

Sure it is.

Oh shucks..I can play too.

Noting failure is failure. You failed to understand why the failure that you made led to your ultimate failure.:slap:

What, Dubia will no longer be the capital of conspicuous, ostentatious, vulgar, capitalistic consumption? The sultan is gonna be PISSED!

Then again those saudis have had a good grasp of capitalism for a VERY long time. This is nothing new.

True.

No?

This story has been around the block for a bit. The take i get from it is that they are trying to do and say...

'See, bigger and better then all of you', piss on "Big Ben, ours is BIGGER!!! Time for you all to start working on mecca/miuslim time!!!'

Maybe. But Capitalism is infectious. Once people start strolling down the mall stores and window shopping..they'll go..heck..I want that too.

Gets the ball rolling.

Sure it is.

Noting failure is failure. You failed to understand why the failure that you made led to your ultimate failure.:slap:
You really suck at the internet. :lol:

Sure it is.

Ah..but you suck at the interwebs. :eusa_whistle:

Sure it is.

Ah..but you suck at the interwebs. :eusa_whistle:
TRANSLATION:

peewee.jpg

Muhammad was for capitalism.

He headed up large caravans of camels across the desert and was was a trader of goods.

He was known to be a fair merchant and always turned a profit for his investors.

That was his first claim to fame in the Arabian Desert. :cool:
The concept of the mall is a symbol of Western decadence. Do you think Mohammed would approve of it?

Do you think Jesus would have? After didn't he go after the moneychangers?

You really need to read the texts involved,, and get a better understanding of what was going on.

Of all the causes which conspire to blind
Man's erring judgment, and misguide the mind,

What the weak head with strongest bias rules,
Is pride, the never-failing vice of fools.
Whatever Nature has in worth denied,
She gives in large recruits of needful pride;
For as in bodies, thus in souls, we find
What wants in blood and spirits, swell'd with wind;
Pride, where wit fails, steps in to our defence,
And fills up all the mighty void of sense!
If once right reason drives that cloud away,
Truth breaks upon us with resistless day;
Trust not yourself; but your defects to know,
Make use of ev'ry friend--and ev'ry foe.

A little learning is a dang'rous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again

True.

No?

Maybe. But Capitalism is infectious. Once people start strolling down the mall stores and window shopping..they'll go..heck..I want that too.

Gets the ball rolling.

LOL, where have you been? They have been doing that for decades now. Why do you think the suadis want a mall of their own? They cant be out done by dubai you know.

The Dubai Mall

Gets the ball rolling.

LOL, where have you been? They have been doing that for decades now. Why do you think the suadis want a mall of their own? They cant be out done by dubai you know.

The Dubai Mall

Again..Capitalism seems to have a way of making a nation more moderate. After all the Crown Prince of Qatar is reported to be gay. Long as everyone is fat and happy..no one cares.

The concept of the mall is a symbol of Western decadence. Do you think Mohammed would approve of it?

Do you think Jesus would have? After didn't he go after the moneychangers?

You really need to read the texts involved,, and get a better understanding of what was going on.

Of all the causes which conspire to blind
Man's erring judgment, and misguide the mind,

What the weak head with strongest bias rules,
Is pride, the never-failing vice of fools.
Whatever Nature has in worth denied,
She gives in large recruits of needful pride;
For as in bodies, thus in souls, we find
What wants in blood and spirits, swell'd with wind;
Pride, where wit fails, steps in to our defence,
And fills up all the mighty void of sense!
If once right reason drives that cloud away,
Truth breaks upon us with resistless day;
Trust not yourself; but your defects to know,
Make use of ev'ry friend--and ev'ry foe.

A little learning is a dang'rous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again

Sage advice from someone who posted this?

The can provide electric power by attaching a dynamo to Mohammed spinning in his grave.

No thanks..I will pass.

Gets the ball rolling.

The Dubai Mall

Again..Capitalism seems to have a way of making a nation more moderate. After all the Crown Prince of Qatar is reported to be gay. Long as everyone is fat and happy..no one cares.

I don't think for one second capitalism will make any nation more moderate. Especially muslim ones.

LOL, if he wasn't the crown prince, i am very sure his being gay would be a problem in a muslim country. :eusa_whistle: ;)

The Dubai Mall

I don't think for one second capitalism will make any nation more moderate. Especially muslim ones.

LOL, if he wasn't the crown prince, i am very sure his being gay would be a problem in a muslim country. :eusa_whistle: ;)

Well you may have a point..it's not like royalty has ever been offed by an angry mob..:lol:

Oh wait.

Forum List

Back