Meanwhile, in Mitt's LaLa Land

I really hope Mitt Runs. It will give me an excuse to break out a lot of old material :-D

like this Ozzy song spoof:

Mr. Romney, what goes on in your head
Mr. Romney, did you baptize the dead
(Oh) your success to me seems so pyrrhic
With the farce of it all
You fooled all those people with rhetoric
(Yeah) Waited on the Koch Brothers' call

Mr. Disarming, do you think that you're pure
Mr. Alarming, in the Christian Right's rapport
blurring the lines that are sacred, between the realms of this world
Denying the wall of separation
Yeah your became a fringe lunatic tool.

Mr. Romney, are you destined the 'White Horse'?
Mr. Romney, it's symbolic of course
An emperor lurks under the plastic
Listening to the war-hawk's call
Ready to take measures so drastic
Even to the empire's fall

Yeah...

Are you prophetically sent?
All oughta hear what is meant
All oughta know
All oughta know what it meant, yeah!

I really hope Mitt Runs. It will give me an excuse to break out a lot of old material :-D

like this Ozzy song spoof:

Mr. Romney, what goes on in your head
Mr. Romney, did you baptize the dead
(Oh) your success to me seems so pyrrhic
With the farce of it all
You fooled all those people with rhetoric
(Yeah) Waited on the Koch Brothers' call

Mr. Disarming, do you think that you're pure
Mr. Alarming, in the Christian Right's rapport
blurring the lines that are sacred, between the realms of this world
Denying the wall of separation
Yeah your became a fringe lunatic tool.

Mr. Romney, are you destined the 'White Horse'?
Mr. Romney, it's symbolic of course
An emperor lurks under the plastic
Listening to the war-hawk's call
Ready to take measures so drastic
Even to the empire's fall

Yeah...

Are you prophetically sent?
All oughta hear what is meant
All oughta know
All oughta know what it meant, yeah!
I love the song, and I sang it silently to myself. Got a bit of a chuckle.

Having siad that...for some strange reason...I think Romney would be one of the least likely GOP candidates to inject his religious views into governance. Like say Santorum, or Bachmann would.

He pretty much adapted his platform as MA governor to reflect his constituancy.

Would I vote for him? maybe

Mitt Romney thinks Jeb Bush could be hurt by his business dealings with Private Equity Firms. Think long and hard about that in regards to Mitt Romney. Then laugh as hard as you like.

Looks like Mitt's run is going to be a Donkey Show within a Clown Car within a trainwreck. You think it's awful but the deeper you look into it, the worse it looks.

Romney doubles Jeb in the polls not running. If he ran he'd walk away with the presidency. Especially if democrats throw Hillary over for Liz Warren. Hillary's star is certainly sinking particularly with the college aged.

If Romney picks a strong VP he's a lock.

What is it about Mitt that causes Libtards to wet their pants?
Especially now when the democrats are crumbling in disarray looking at Liz Warren (the next democrat candidate please) as their only hope.

He'll say what Big Money tells him to say and then follow that with a lot embarrassing gaffes.

I doubt he'll run because he knows he can't win but if he does, I'm sure it will be just as entertaining as his previous debacles.

And liberals will come up with their own tired and worn out arguments. Liberals are going to have a hard enough time selling Liz Warren, they should tend to their knitting.

Having siad that...for some strange reason...I think Romney would be one of the least likely GOP candidates to inject his religious views into governance. Like say Santorum, or Bachmann would.

Well, no, I think he'd probably try to secretly put his fellow Mormons in positions of authority, and then we'd all be screwed.

Never. Trust. Mormons.

Well, no, I think he'd probably try to secretly put his fellow Mormons in positions of authority, and then we'd all be screwed.

Never. Trust. Mormons.
I dunno, he didn't do that in MA.

But hey...I don't think Huckabee would insert his religious views into decisions, on behalf of religion.

It seems to me the guys who would be most suspected of having the potential for that, would be the first to exercize diligence in preventing it.

But hey...I don't think Huckabee would insert his religious views into decisions, on behalf of religion.

It seems to me the guys who would be most suspected of having the potential for that, would be the first to exercize diligence in preventing it.

Or we can j ust not elect anyone who is a religious nut to high office. THat works, too.

Or we can j ust not elect anyone who is a religious nut to high office. THat works, too.
If at all possible, sure.

But I have this streak of originalism.

The constitution does not prohibit the free exercise of religion, and does not say they can't practice it in congress, schools, or government buildings.

There is nothing wrong with a Christian congressman being in favor of not killing if he/she believes in that because the ten commandments says so. But the laws he/she creates shouldn't invoke God as the sole reason for it.

Forum List

Back