McDonald's weighs in on California's 'AB 1228', which raises hamburger flippers to a minimum of $20.00 an hour

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Now even more of a reason to avoid fast food, since it's not going to be a cheap way to eat anymore. More inflation. It's become a cornerstone of the Democrat party's platform.

McDonald's weighs in on California fast-food bill​

McDonald’s recently weighed in on California’s newly-passed AB 1228.

Several of the fast-food chain’s executives did so in an internal message that went out last week to those belonging to its U.S. restaurant system and that was obtained by FOX Business. CNBC earlier reported on the communication.

Now even more of a reason to avoid fast food, since it's not going to be a cheap way to eat anymore. More inflation. It's become a cornerstone of the Democrat party's platform.

This bill was designed to drive the workers out, get them on unemployment/food stamps, and make them dependent on the government. Like virtually all DemoKKKrat policies.

They are just trying to progress. They will probably be successful in driving fast food chains to more automation. Then unemployment will keep the masses voting to continue payments for not working.

This bill was designed to drive the workers out, get them on unemployment/food stamps, and make them dependent on the government. Like virtually all DemoKKKrat policies.
Do you say this because some workers will indeed get $20 / hr

while others are fired or laid off?

If I were fast food places I would leave the state, national chains and all.

Do you say this because some workers will indeed get $20 / hr

while others are fired or laid off?

Most of them will be fired as the restaurants move towards automation. Kiosks are cheaper, faster, more accurate, and more reliable than human employees.

1695154126770.png

Most of them will be fired as the restaurants move towards automation. Kiosks are cheaper, faster, more accurate, and more reliable than human employees.

View attachment 831443

The last time I went into a McDonald's, there were maybe 6 people working there. Five in the kitchen and one person at the counter for the dummies who couldn't figure out how to use the kiosk.

Before the automation, there would have been 12 or so employees in the store.

And with this, you'll have demands of higher wages for people who have been in the workforce for years. Higher wages begets inflation begets higher wages begets inflation, and on and on.
It's a story of a dog endlessly chasing it's tail.

Our closest Mickey D's has way too many senior citizen employees. They add a hitch to your giddyup when they are working the drive thru

You shouldn't eat that crap. If you are, you're already paying a high price.
As long as it doesn't happen too often.

We used to take the kids there when they were small, kinda once a month special treat kinda thing, cause they liked the McPlayland.

Special treat cause it cost us 50 bucks every time lol

As long as it doesn't happen too often.

We used to take the kids there when they were small, kinda once a month special treat kinda thing, cause they liked the McPlayland.

Special treat cause it cost us 50 bucks every time lol
People think it's cheap but it's not. Four burgers/fries/drinks are going to cost $25. For that I can cook two full dinners of beef roast, homemade mac & cheese, and a vegetable and have change left over.

Every blue moon I'll get something from a fast-food place, and 80% of the time it's a chicken sandwich from Popeyes.

As long as the pot store are open, right?
Sure. Fast food is legal. And as much as I am not a pit smoker I fully support it's legality. So if capitalism puts fast food in a bad spot should I be alarmed?

Sure. Fast food is legal. And as much as I am not a pit smoker I fully support it's legality. So if capitalism puts fast food in a bad spot should I be alarmed?
Its not capitalism but government intrusion thats putting low income workers out of a job

Forum List

Back