McDonald WINS! All 50 states can bear arms!

ForestGirl

Jun 21, 2010
http://www.breitbart...&show_article=1

DRUDGE REPORT 2010®

Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

By MARK SHERMAN
The Associated Press
Monday, June 28, 2010; 10:33 AM

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court held Monday that the Constitution's Second Amendment restrains government's ability to significantly limit "the right to keep and bear arms," advancing a recent trend by the John Roberts-led bench to embrace gun rights.

By a narrow, 5-4 vote, the justices signaled, however, that less severe restrictions could survive legal challenges.

Writing for the court in a case involving restrictive laws in Chicago and one of its suburbs, Justice Samuel Alito said that the Second Amendment right "applies equally to the federal government and the states."...

DRUDGE REPORT 2010®

By MARK SHERMAN
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court held Monday that the Constitution's Second Amendment restrains government's ability to significantly limit "the right to keep and bear arms," advancing a recent trend by the John Roberts-led bench to embrace gun rights.

By a narrow, 5-4 vote, the justices signaled, however, that less severe restrictions could survive legal challenges.

Writing for the court in a case involving restrictive laws in Chicago and one of its suburbs, Justice Samuel Alito said that the Second Amendment right "applies equally to the federal government and the states."...

These Justices have to go Stephen G. Breyer, John Paul Stevens, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Sonia Sotomayor

And of course there is no surprise to how the bitch Sotomayor would have voted.

The ruling does nothing unless you live in a shit hole like Chicago or Skokie where they ban handguns entirely.

The ruling does nothing unless you live in a shit hole like Chicago or Skokie where they ban handguns entirely.

The problem with the ruling was that it was a 5-4 ruling one more judge and the second amendment would have been dead. Chicago would have been the spear head for other gun grabbing Mayors and Governors.

The problem with the ruling was that it was a 5-4 ruling one more judge and the second amendment would have been dead. Chicago would have been the spear head for other gun grabbing Mayors and Governors.

Not really. There was no ruling for 200 years and we did just fine. Most states have constitutions with RKBA written in. IL may be the exception, I don't know.
No, the problem is that they did not make it a right subject to strict scrutiny, so almost any restriction outside of an outright ban goes. Look at DC, where the only person to get a license for a handgun is Heller.

DRUDGE REPORT 2010®

By MARK SHERMAN
The Associated Press

These Justices have to go Stephen G. Breyer, John Paul Stevens, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Sonia Sotomayor

And of course there is no surprise to how the bitch Sotomayor would have voted.
4 people utterly unqualified to be justices if they find limits on the 2nd Amendment based on geography.

Love some of the excerpts from the majority opinion written by Clarence Thomas who pointed back to the 14th Amendment and that Freedmen could not be disarmed leaving them unable to defend themselves against those who would wish to do them harm. It's ironic that this is effectively what had been done to the black community in big cities.

I'm trying to remain more optimisitic about the ruling, by thinking it sends a message that The Constitution applies to Federal, State and Local citizens' rights.

I'm trying to remain more optimisitic about the ruling, by thinking it sends a message that The Constitution applies to Federal, State and Local citizens' rights.

there was no disagreement on that point for everything except the 2A.

So Now you can get a real gun in the happy meals?

One more with the 25 I already have is still not enough.

You're probably very short, skinny, paranoid, live alone and would be very skittish about handling a gun if someone ever did break in to your studio apartment.

That is if you actually have 25 guns which I doubt in the first place.

Gun owners are respectful of the weapons not threatening.

So Now you can get a real gun in the happy meals?

You're probably very short, skinny, paranoid, live alone and would be very skittish about handling a gun if someone ever did break in to your studio apartment.

Twenty five guns is not that unreasonable. I probably have more than that myself. One man I know had over a 1000 (he was head of the emergency management team in the state).
Your absurd stereotyping would be amusing if fewer people believed it.

So now Americans can open carry in EVERY STATE and MUNICIPALITY?

Terrific!

Now I can finally start carring my scimitar openly, and no longer have shove the damned thing down my pants when I go to the store to pick up a loaf of bread.

I still fail to see how owning a gun is THE most important issue for so many people? It's actually quite funny.

So now Americans can open carry in EVERY STATE and MUNICIPALITY?

Terrific!

Now I can finally start carring my scimitar openly, and no longer have shove the damned thing down my pants when I go to the store to pick up a loaf of bread.
You have the right to wear any blade of any length as long as it's out in the open. Of course the cops are going to question you if they see you walking around with a Scimitar, Falchion, Zweihander, Kopesh or any other long bladed weapon as is their right. The store might refuse you service though for they may still retain the right to ban swords on these premisies.

The issue was one of ownership on one's own property. Not concealed carry.

I still fail to see how owning a gun is THE most important issue for so many people? It's actually quite funny.
Wonder it as you're being braced by a thug on the street or your front door is kicked in, or you're being carjacked or some psychopath goes on a killing spree on campus. How good's your right to free speech going to hold up in comparison. The 2nd amendment is the guarantee you have all the others.

Twenty five guns is not that unreasonable. I probably have more than that myself. One man I know had over a 1000 (he was head of the emergency management team in the state).
Your absurd stereotyping would be amusing if fewer people believed it.

See my previous post for a description of yourself, "Rabbi". :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back