McConnell preparing to deal with Articles of Impeachment on January 6, 2020

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
McConnell preparing to deal with Articles of Impeachment on January 6, 2020, with or without House involvement.

In what appears to be a stunning move by the Senate Majority leader, a Trial has been scheduled starting January 6, 2020 to deal with the House Articles of Impeachment. It is front and center on the schedule according to sources close to McConnell. It appears that McConnell is going to call Nancy's bluff and demands for a continued sham house run smear campaign.

House rules demand that any impeachment voted in the affirmative, by the house, "MUST BE IMMEDIATELY TRANSMITTED TO THE SENATE". A rule Nancy apparently thinks she does not have to follow.

Sources close to McConnell say he may appeal to SCOTUS, as soon as January 2nd, for immediate relief from the House and Pelosi who is obstructing the Senate from completing its constitutionally mandated duties in a timely manner and denying Trump his right to a speedy and fair trial.

The gloves are off and its going to be brutal...

The opinions here and information are mine. I have yet to see this reported anywhere else.

They have no right to withhold the article..............The Senate can convene and demand a trial date........If the prosecution doesn't show............then they can vote to throw the case out of Court.....lol......the Senate Court.

Should be interesting.....LOL

McConnell preparing to deal with Articles of Impeachment on January 6, 2020, with or without House involvement.

In what appears to be a stunning move by the Senate Majority leader, a Trial has been scheduled starting January 6, 2020 to deal with the House Articles of Impeachment. It is front and center on the schedule according to sources close to McConnell. It appears that McConnell is going to call Nancy's bluff and demands for a continued sham house run smear campaign.

House rules demand that any impeachment voted in the affirmative, by the house, "MUST BE IMMEDIATELY TRANSMITTED TO THE SENATE". A rule Nancy apparently thinks she does not have to follow.

Sources close to McConnell say he may appeal to SCOTUS, as soon as January 2nd, for immediate relief from the House and Pelosi who is obstructing the Senate from completing its constitutionally mandated duties in a timely manner and denying Trump his right to a speedy and fair trial.

The opinions here and information are mine. I have yet to see this reported anywhere else.

LINK?

Senate leaders punt impeachment trial deal until after holidays

McConnell announced that the Senate would return on Jan. 3, but that the first roll call votes were not going to be until Jan. 6.

"For the information of all of our colleagues, the Senate will convene on Friday, Jan. 3, to kick off the second session of the 116th Congress. However, no roll call votes are expected that day and members should be prepared to be back and voting on Monday, Jan. 6," McConnell said from the Senate floor.

LINK?
"The opinions here and information are mine. I have yet to see this reported anywhere else."
Its in the OP.

Leader Schumer, In Letter To Leader McConnell, Puts Forward Structure For A Fair And Honest Bipartisan Impeachment Trial In Senate; Schumer Proposed-Trial Structure Would Require Specific Documents And Testimony From Four Key Witnesses | Senate Democratic Leadership

Specifically, Leader Schumer’s proposal would, among other things, establish that the Senate:

• Begin with pre-trial housekeeping measures adopted on Monday, January 6, 2020; swearing-in of the Chief Justice and Senators occur on Tuesday, January 7, 2020; House Managers presentations begin on Thursday, January 9, 2020;

• Provide 24 hours to each side for opening presentations and rebuttals and 16 hours for questioning by senators evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats;

• Issue subpoenas for Robert Blair, Senior Advisor to the Acting White House Chief of Staff; Mick Mulvaney, Acting White House Chief of Staff; John Bolton, former National Security Advisor; and Michael Duffey, Associate Director for National Security, Office of Management and Budget to testify. All four of these witnesses were asked to testify in the House impeachment inquiry but did not appear;

• Schumer’s letter says that Democrats are open to hearing the testimony of additional witnesses having direct knowledge of the Administration’s decisions related to the delay in security assistant funding to Ukraine and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine, if the President’s Counsel or House Managers wish to call such witnesses.

• Issue subpoenas for a specific, limited list of documents that will shed additional light on the Administration’s decision making regarding the delay in security assistance funding to Ukraine and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine;

• The documents will include communications between administration officials about the withholding of the Ukraine military assistance and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine.

• Allow for witnesses to testify and be examined for up to four hours by each side; and

• Upon the conclusion of final arguments, the Senate will begin up to 24 hours of deliberations.

The full text of Leader Schumer’s letter to Leader McConnell can be found here and below:

It was reported on the News last night that Pelosi was preparing to send the impeachment over to the House the week of January 6th... the week they get back from Christmas Break.

THAT is why Mitch has put it on the schedule.... silly one!

LINK?
"The opinions here and information are mine."

I hear it told that opinions, no matter how screwy (not that this one in particular is), are allowed as OP material.

It was reported on the News last night that Pelosi was preparing to send the impeachment over to the House the week of January 6th... the week they get back from Christmas Break.

You can bet if she does not quickly send them over SCOTUS will be involved.

LINK?
"The opinions here and information are mine. I have yet to see this reported anywhere else."
Its in the OP.

Your 'opinion' had some very exact information, the reason I requested a link.

Leader Schumer, In Letter To Leader McConnell, Puts Forward Structure For A Fair And Honest Bipartisan Impeachment Trial In Senate; Schumer Proposed-Trial Structure Would Require Specific Documents And Testimony From Four Key Witnesses | Senate Democratic Leadership

Specifically, Leader Schumer’s proposal would, among other things, establish that the Senate:

• Begin with pre-trial housekeeping measures adopted on Monday, January 6, 2020; swearing-in of the Chief Justice and Senators occur on Tuesday, January 7, 2020; House Managers presentations begin on Thursday, January 9, 2020;

• Provide 24 hours to each side for opening presentations and rebuttals and 16 hours for questioning by senators evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats;

• Issue subpoenas for Robert Blair, Senior Advisor to the Acting White House Chief of Staff; Mick Mulvaney, Acting White House Chief of Staff; John Bolton, former National Security Advisor; and Michael Duffey, Associate Director for National Security, Office of Management and Budget to testify. All four of these witnesses were asked to testify in the House impeachment inquiry but did not appear;

• Schumer’s letter says that Democrats are open to hearing the testimony of additional witnesses having direct knowledge of the Administration’s decisions related to the delay in security assistant funding to Ukraine and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine, if the President’s Counsel or House Managers wish to call such witnesses.

• Issue subpoenas for a specific, limited list of documents that will shed additional light on the Administration’s decision making regarding the delay in security assistance funding to Ukraine and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine;

• The documents will include communications between administration officials about the withholding of the Ukraine military assistance and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine.

• Allow for witnesses to testify and be examined for up to four hours by each side; and

• Upon the conclusion of final arguments, the Senate will begin up to 24 hours of deliberations.

The full text of Leader Schumer’s letter to Leader McConnell can be found here and below:
Schumer is trying to continue the house sham impeachment... It isn't going to happen.

LINK?
Its in the OP.

Your 'opinion' had some very exact information, the reason I requested a link.
You assume some of us do not know people in DC? Even us hicks in the sticks have people we know and communicate with regularly.

LINK?
Its in the OP.
Wait wut?

So is the op based on facts or your opinion? Did he set a date for the 6th or not?

Schumer is trying to continue the house sham impeachment... It isn't going to happen.
That is schumers wish list...........The GOP will be the mainstay on how it goes......hell ...........they may even try a vote early on to dismiss due to lack of real evidence.

Senate leaders punt impeachment trial deal until after holidays

McConnell announced that the Senate would return on Jan. 3, but that the first roll call votes were not going to be until Jan. 6.

"For the information of all of our colleagues, the Senate will convene on Friday, Jan. 3, to kick off the second session of the 116th Congress. However, no roll call votes are expected that day and members should be prepared to be back and voting on Monday, Jan. 6," McConnell said from the Senate floor.
According to my sources, if the Senate has not received the articles by January 3rd they will indeed file an emergency petition with SCOTUS for immediate relief.

LINK?
Its in the OP.
Wait wut?

So is the op based on facts or your opinion? Did he set a date for the 6th or not?
From what I'm reading.........they are called back by then.......but no trial date yet set.

LINK?
Its in the OP.
Wait wut?

The date is set on the schedule.

You can bet if she does not quickly send them over SCOTUS will be involved.
Maybe after months of wait they may get involved (but unlikely), otherwise, they usually try to stay out of impeachment and political fights as much as possible.... and truly, what is there to fight?

The Constitution does not give direction or comment on when the House has to send the impeachment over to the Senate, so there isn't really a case that could even be brought to any court on constitutionality that I can see, let alone make it to the supreme court, on this issue....

Forum List

Back