McConnell preparing to deal with Articles of Impeachment on January 6, 2020

McConnell preparing to deal with Articles of Impeachment on January 6, 2020, with or without House involvement.

In what appears to be a stunning move by the Senate Majority leader, a Trial has been scheduled starting January 6, 2020 to deal with the House Articles of Impeachment. It is front and center on the schedule according to sources close to McConnell. It appears that McConnell is going to call Nancy's bluff and demands for a continued sham house run smear campaign.

House rules demand that any impeachment voted in the affirmative, by the house, "MUST BE IMMEDIATELY TRANSMITTED TO THE SENATE". A rule Nancy apparently thinks she does not have to follow.

Sources close to McConnell say he may appeal to SCOTUS, as soon as January 2nd, for immediate relief from the House and Pelosi who is obstructing the Senate from completing its constitutionally mandated duties in a timely manner and denying Trump his right to a speedy and fair trial.

The gloves are off and its going to be brutal...

The opinions here and information are mine. I have yet to see this reported anywhere else.

LINK?
"The opinions here and information are mine. I have yet to see this reported anywhere else."
Its in the OP.
Wait wut?

So is the op based on facts or your opinion? Did he set a date for the 6th or not?
The date is set on the schedule.
That is the first official role call.

Where is proof of a set trial date to begin on the first day of the new session?

McConnell preparing to deal with Articles of Impeachment on January 6, 2020, with or without House involvement.

In what appears to be a stunning move by the Senate Majority leader, a Trial has been scheduled starting January 6, 2020 to deal with the House Articles of Impeachment. It is front and center on the schedule according to sources close to McConnell. It appears that McConnell is going to call Nancy's bluff and demands for a continued sham house run smear campaign.

House rules demand that any impeachment voted in the affirmative, by the house, "MUST BE IMMEDIATELY TRANSMITTED TO THE SENATE". A rule Nancy apparently thinks she does not have to follow.

Sources close to McConnell say he may appeal to SCOTUS, as soon as January 2nd, for immediate relief from the House and Pelosi who is obstructing the Senate from completing its constitutionally mandated duties in a timely manner and denying Trump his right to a speedy and fair trial.

The opinions here and information are mine. I have yet to see this reported anywhere else.
I stole part of your post to update my sig.:5_1_12024:

It was reported on the News last night that Pelosi was preparing to send the impeachment over to the House the week of January 6th... the week they get back from Christmas Break.

THAT is why Mitch has put it on the schedule.... silly one!
Didn't take long for Nazi to cave.:5_1_12024:

LINK?
"The opinions here and information are mine."

I hear it told that opinions, no matter how screwy (not that this one in particular is), are allowed as OP material.
They should be allowed but it should be stated clearly in the op that it is opinion

They have no right to withhold the article..............The Senate can convene and demand a trial date........If the prosecution doesn't show............then they can vote to throw the case out of Court.....lol......the Senate Court.

Should be interesting.....LOL
This is pretty much McConnell's thinking as well from what members of the Senate Judiciary are telling me. It sounds like they already have the petition for SCOTUS made up and will not be messing around with Pelosi's sham smear campaign.

It stands to reason that if Pelosi is OBSTRUCTING the Impeachment process then she is guilty of 'Obstruction of Congress' and MUST be Impeached.
Oh Mikey, Mikey, Mikey....

1, she is not obstructing because the Constitution does not give a mandatory timeline on when the House has to pass the impeachment to the Senate.

2, She is the one who initiates impeachments, it would never be brought up if it were even constitutional, which it is NOT.

Only Civil officers can be impeached, along with the president and vice president. Civil officers are appointed by the president positions, not elected officials.

CIVIL OFFICER. ... By this term are included all officers of the United States who hold their appointments under the national government, whether their duties are executive or judicial, in the highest or the lowest departments; of the government, with the exception of officers of the army and navy.

the constitution on impeachment:

Persons Subject to Impeachment :: Article II. Executive ...

https://law.justia.com › constitution › article-2 › 48-persons-subject-to-imp...

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other ... impeachment was the exclusive way to remove any officer of the government ... by the President and to remove him “even against the will of the President;

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/SMAN-113/pdf/SMAN-113-pg223.pdf

[Revised pursuant to S. Res. 479, 99–2, Aug. 16, 1986] I. Whensoever the Senate shall receive notice from the 170 House of Representatives that managers are appointed on their part to conduct an impeachment against any person and are directed to carry articles of impeachment to the Senate, the Secretary of the Senate shall immediately inform the House of Representatives that the Senate is ready to receive the managers for the purpose of exhibiting such articles of impeachment, agreeably to such notice.

II. When the managers of an impeachment shall be intro- 171 duced at the bar of the Senate and shall signify that they are ready to exhibit articles of impeachment against any person, the Presiding Officer of the Senate shall direct the Sergeant at Arms to make proclamation, who shall, after making proclamation, repeat the following words, viz: ‘‘All persons are commanded to keep silence, on pain of imprisonment, while the House of Representatives is exhibiting to the Senate of the United States articles of impeachment against ——— ———’’; after which the articles shall be exhibited, and then the Presiding Officer of the Senate shall inform the managers that the Senate will take proper order on the subject of the impeachment, of which due notice shall be given to the House of Representatives

Just like Immigration ........the Dems read that and found a LOOPHOLE to try and smear and control the process.....................typical.............but the Senate can order it and go to court to try and force it.

It was reported on the News last night that Pelosi was preparing to send the impeachment over to the House the week of January 6th... the week they get back from Christmas Break.

You think she caved? I think she was simply executing her strategy all along...

That's why I said before this announcement, that she wanted the two week Christmas break to negotiate and to let this impeachment all sink in, before sending it over to the Senate, the week of their return from Christmas Break.

She sure did get you all in a ruckus... on both sides! :lol::lol:

Since the Senate is in charge of the rules......................just like Nancy Drew...uh........Peolis was in charge in the Senate. LOL

Well.........Mitch can pretty much do as he damn well pleases with a simple Majority vote......LOL

Meaning he can call for a dismissal vote right off the bat.............

Meaning if they refuse to send them the articles and show up........he can call a vote to dismiss because they will not show up............LOL

Karma.....is a bitch

You think she caved? I think she was simply executing her strategy all along...

That's why I said before this announcement, that she wanted the two week Christmas break to negotiate and to let this impeachment all sink in, before sending it over to the Senate, the week of their return from Christmas Break.

She sure did get you all in a ruckus... on both sides! :lol::lol:
Yep, folded like a botched butt lift.

Since the Senate is in charge of the rules......................just like Nancy Drew...uh........Peolis was in charge in the Senate. LOL

Well.........Mitch can pretty much do as he damn well pleases with a simple Majority vote......LOL

Meaning if they refuse to send them the articles and show up........he can call a vote to dismiss because they will not show up............LOL

Karma.....is a bitch
and Karma's wrath on hypocrites will come down on you as well.... because your side, are hypocrites to the nth degree! ;)

--------------------------------------------

It would be an injustice to the American people to not have a trial with witnesses and evidence and arguments for and against,

and most importantly, an injustice for the president...

His acquittal, would forever be known as a scam, a "THE FIX WAS IN" acquittal and his legacy, forever and a day....HISTORY, will be recounting it as SCAM acquittal until History doesn't exist.

And that would not be fair to him.... if he really is innocent.

If he is guilty, taking a sham acquittal without a trial, could be the best he would ever get.

Leader Schumer, In Letter To Leader McConnell, Puts Forward Structure For A Fair And Honest Bipartisan Impeachment Trial In Senate; Schumer Proposed-Trial Structure Would Require Specific Documents And Testimony From Four Key Witnesses | Senate Democratic Leadership

Specifically, Leader Schumer’s proposal would, among other things, establish that the Senate:

• Begin with pre-trial housekeeping measures adopted on Monday, January 6, 2020; swearing-in of the Chief Justice and Senators occur on Tuesday, January 7, 2020; House Managers presentations begin on Thursday, January 9, 2020;

• Provide 24 hours to each side for opening presentations and rebuttals and 16 hours for questioning by senators evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats;

• Issue subpoenas for Robert Blair, Senior Advisor to the Acting White House Chief of Staff; Mick Mulvaney, Acting White House Chief of Staff; John Bolton, former National Security Advisor; and Michael Duffey, Associate Director for National Security, Office of Management and Budget to testify. All four of these witnesses were asked to testify in the House impeachment inquiry but did not appear;

• Schumer’s letter says that Democrats are open to hearing the testimony of additional witnesses having direct knowledge of the Administration’s decisions related to the delay in security assistant funding to Ukraine and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine, if the President’s Counsel or House Managers wish to call such witnesses.

• Issue subpoenas for a specific, limited list of documents that will shed additional light on the Administration’s decision making regarding the delay in security assistance funding to Ukraine and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine;

• The documents will include communications between administration officials about the withholding of the Ukraine military assistance and its requests for certain investigations to be announced by the government of Ukraine.

• Allow for witnesses to testify and be examined for up to four hours by each side; and

• Upon the conclusion of final arguments, the Senate will begin up to 24 hours of deliberations.

The full text of Leader Schumer’s letter to Leader McConnell can be found here and below:
It's cute how Democrats think they can make demands when they're not in control.

Thing is, unless Senate Republicans cave into Democrats' demands, the Democrats will screech BIASED TRIAL RIGGED UNFAIR.

Of course, no matter how the trial is conducted, if the Senate acquits, they'll screech the same thing.

Why don't they just send a letter saying "We demand Trump be found guilty!"?

Karma.....is a bitch
and Karma's wrath on hypocrites will come down on you as well.... because your side, are hypocrites to the nth degree! ;)

--------------------------------------------

It would be an injustice to the American people to not have a trial with witnesses and evidence and arguments for and against,

and most importantly, an injustice for the president...

His acquittal, would forever be known as a scam, a "THE FIX WAS IN" acquittal and his legacy, forever and a day....HISTORY, will be recounting it as SCAM acquittal until History doesn't exist.

And that would not be fair to him.... if he really is innocent.

If he is guilty, taking a sham acquittal without a trial, could be the best he would ever get.
Yup, I called it.

the Secretary of the Senate shall immediately inform the House of Representatives that the Senate is ready to receive the managers for the purpose of exhibiting such articles of impeachment, agreeably to such notice.
The Senate made this request on Thursday. The House has no other option but to comply.. This is also why Nancy refused to name the managers of the impeachment. So she would not have to comply with the House Rules to immediately send them over when she received this demand from the Senate..

Last edited:
From the OP: "Sources close to McConnell say he may appeal to SCOTUS, as soon as January 2nd, for immediate relief from the House and Pelosi who is obstructing the Senate from completing its constitutionally mandated duties in a timely manner and denying Trump his right to a speedy and fair trial."

I believe that the SCOTUS will tell him that the House rules control the impeachment side to include appointing the prosecutors/managers, and the Senate controls the trial side, and that the courts cannot intervene and tell either side how to do their business. Even though House rules say they're supposed to send over the Articles of Impeachment immediately, I doubt that the SCOTUS can do anything about it. IOW, Pelosi can do whatever she wants, and McConnell can do whatever he wants, BUT both chambers of Congress ultimately answer to the voters. Neither party wants to lose their majority in their respective chambers, and so even though McConnell probably could schedule a trial as early as the 6th, I kinda doubt he'll do that. Cuz then it appears like the Senate is in a rush to judgement like the House was, and the senators will want to avoid that. McConnell himself said on the Senate floor that the Senate was supposed to be more deliberate, and I think most if not all of the senators agree with that. And Pelosi is in danger of losing seats to the GOP, possibly even her majority. Pretty sure she doesn't want that.

I think that when the Senate convenes on Jan 3, the Senate will vote to use the same rules that applied for the Clinton impeachment trial, which includes a vote after opening arguments and questions are asked by the senators. A vote to acquit will be taken, and it will pass and that's pretty much gonna be it. Pelosi and the Dems won't like it and they'll bitch all year in 2020 about it, but TS. I think she'll send over the Articles fairly quickly to avoid making the House Dems look even worse than they already do.

Last edited:
McConnell can't take on impeachment until the increasingly unstable House Speaker decides to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

From the OP: "Sources close to McConnell say he may appeal to SCOTUS, as soon as January 2nd, for immediate relief from the House and Pelosi who is obstructing the Senate from completing its constitutionally mandated duties in a timely manner and denying Trump his right to a speedy and fair trial."

I believe that the SCOTUS will tell him that the House rules control the impeachment side to include appointing the prosecutors/managers, and the Senate controls the trial side, and that the courts cannot intervene and tell either side how to do their business. Even though House rules say they're supposed to send over the Articles of Impeachment immediately, I doubt that the SCOTUS can do anything about it. IOW, Pelosi can do whatever she wants, and McConnell can do whatever he wants, BUT both chambers of Congress ultimately answer to the voters. Neither party wants to lose their majority in their respective chambers, and so even though McConnell probably could schedule a trial as early as the 6th, I kinda doubt he'll do that. Cuz then it appears like the Senate is in a rush to judgement like the House was, and the senators will want to avoid that. McConnell himself said on the Senate floor that the Senate was supposed to be more deliberate, and I think most if not all of the senators agree with that. And Pelosi is in danger of losing seats to the GOP, possibly even her majority. Pretty sure she doesn't want that.

I think that when the Senate convenes on Jan 3, the Senate will vote to use the same rules that applied for the Clinton impeachment trial, which includes a vote after opening arguments and questions are asked by the senators. A vote to acquit will be taken, and it will pass and that's pretty much gonna be it. Pelosi and the Dems won't like it and they'll bitch all year in 2020 about it, but TS. I think she'll send over the Articles fairly quickly to avoid making the House Dems look even worse than they already do.
Most of the GOP and moderate folks want this sham over with. There is no crime on which to base impeachment. We will see how this plays out..

Forum List

Back