McCarthy is returning to Cowboys in 2024

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

I am surprised. Jerry is 81 years old. He is not going to have that many more chance to win a SB before he goes to the rodeo in the sky. I suppose Jerry thinks McCarthy has one more year and if he fails, then curtains. Quinn is gone, either as a HC on another team or as the fall guy for an epic failure. I am not sure Dallas was all that good this year. They certainly could not win on the road.

I am surprised. Jerry is 81 years old. He is not going to have that many more chance to win a SB before he goes to the rodeo in the sky. I suppose Jerry thinks McCarthy has one more year and if he fails, then curtains. Quinn is gone, either as a HC on another team or as the fall guy for an epic failure. I am not sure Dallas was all that good this year. They certainly could not win on the road.
Jerry isn’t willing to give up the power that would be required to attract high end coaches. So you end up with the McCarthy’s of the world. He might be a great OC but he’s just not a #1.

Jerry Jones seems to enjoy wallowing in mediocrity. It's his joie de vivre.... his raison d'etre...

And he's just a fucking Arkansas hillbilly loser.

Quinn owns the epic fail of the 2023 Cowboys as much as anyone but he was already heading for an HC job. I figured unless Jones could get Belichick, McCarthy would be back.

After that defensive fail, people need to seriously reconsider hiring Quinn as a HC. IOW, no, thanks.

After that defensive fail, people need to seriously reconsider hiring Quinn as a HC. IOW, no, thanks.
I think it's a bit drastic to say that a coach is garbage because he got beat badly in one game. The Cowboys havnt had a bad defense all year just one game. Do you think Belichick never got blown out when he was a DC? Saban? Carroll? Tomlin? etc etc. Most guys who become HC's dont keep play calling duties on their side of the ball anyway.

Jerry isn’t willing to give up the power that would be required to attract high end coaches. So you end up with the McCarthy’s of the world. He might be a great OC but he’s just not a #1.
Jerry wants coaches that listen to him and accepts his input. There are those who demand more control of the team. Jerry loves tinkering with the team, and you see him at the draft. As an owner he seems to be loyal. In business he may have that quality also for employees.

Jerry wants coaches that listen to him and accepts his input. There are those who demand more control of the team. Jerry loves tinkering with the team, and you see him at the draft. As an owner he seems to be loyal. In business he may have that quality also for employees.
Jerry thinks he's a GM. His son IS the GM. He does a radio show a couple times a week, and a post game presser that the coach has to answer questions about. He thinks Dak is an elite QB and wants to pay him as such. If Im a top tier coach why would I go there?

Jerry thinks he's a GM. His son IS the GM. He does a radio show a couple times a week, and a post game presser that the coach has to answer questions about. He thinks Dak is an elite QB and wants to pay him as such. If Im a top tier coach why would I go there?
As fans many of us are General managers in our minds. There are a percentage of owners who do what we want to because they can.

As fans many of us are General managers in our minds. There are a percentage of owners who do what we want to because they can.
And that's certainly his prerogative as the owner, but that doesn't mean there aren't consequences to that decision. One of those consequences is that top tier coaches arent going to come there, or stay long if they do.

The Cowboys will not win a Super Bowl again as long Jerry Jones is alive

He’s a great businessman but a 3rd rate general manager

They will win their division because Philly is going to suck next year. So will Giants and Washington.

Yesterday they were saying Belicheck is the perfect fit for Dallas. WTF is he going to wait a year? Who knows where the team will be in 2025. The window is closing.

And all the sports pontificators say the Dallas collapse is absolutely the coaches fault. They weren't prepared and McCarthy didn't know what to do to fix it.

One thing you can always say about Belicheck's teams. They're always prepared.

I’m watching first take with Steven a smith. Everyone agrees dallas should have brought in 6 time superbowl champ Belicheck. It’s crazy a guy like Belicheck is available and Jerry jones is going to stick with McCarthy. Oh well.

Maybe Jerry thinks he can get him next year when mccarthys contract is up?

They will win their division because Philly is going to suck next year. So will Giants and Washington.

Yesterday they were saying Belicheck is the perfect fit for Dallas. WTF is he going to wait a year? Who knows where the team will be in 2025. The window is closing.

And all the sports pontificators say the Dallas collapse is absolutely the coaches fault. They weren't prepared and McCarthy didn't know what to do to fix it.

Unless Philly hires Bill

I’m watching first take with Steven a smith. Everyone agrees dallas should have brought in 6 time superbowl champ Belicheck. It’s crazy a guy like Belicheck is available and Jerry jones is going to stick with McCarthy. Oh well.

Maybe Jerry thinks he can get him next year when mccarthys contract is up?
Bill and Jerry wouldn’t get along and Bill wouldn’t entertain Jerry telling him he was going to change. He would know it was a lie and I don’t think Bill wants to go to prison for choking him out live on TV at Jerry’s press conference

AnBill and Jerry wouldn’t get along and Bill wouldn’t entertain Jerry telling him he was going to change. He would know it was a lie and I don’t think Bill wants to go to prison for choking him out live on TV at Jerry’s press conference
Bill wants to win one more. Philly isn’t a bad idea. Atlanta? Are they good?

Belichick is heading to Atlanta from all reports.

Forum List

Back