McCain turns down FEC matching funds

Ahh yes the tired old claim of 3 liberals now that because they are Lawyers ( ohh wait Larkinn just claims cause he goes to school he is smarter)that makes them smarter then us dumb hicks. Basically your [sic] calling the lawyers and law firm of the bank liars and criminals. All from the safe position of hiding anonomous [sic] on a Message board.

Keep up the good work.

You put the cart before the horse. I didn't become smart because I'm a lawyer. I was smarter than you when I was ten.

And I have yet to label the bank lawyers as liars and criminals. But their possible involvement in a federal felony might motivate them to stick with McCain and his story. Let's see what they do when a federal prosecutor offers them immunity for testifying against McCain.

But if you are so smart, you can prove me wrong by answering the two questions at the end of my last post. Anything else is just hot air.

I believe I provided a link at the beginning of this thread that said he put a life insurance policy up as collateral for the $1M loan.

That would be for if he dies. What happens if he lives, and doesn't win?

I've never been a judge. And I don't intend to provide information regarding my identity. But Jillian read my posts and easily inferred that I am an attorney. Your tone insinuates that you did not grasp that yourself.

Besides, my license is 28 years old, under glass, and stuffed in a box along with my admissions the the bar of every Federal Court in my state and the US Supreme Court. When I graduated, my law school was ranked 14th in the nation. I have briefed almost 200 cases in appellate courts, most while serving as a prosecutor.

So don't hate me because I'm a liberal. Hate me because I'm smarter than you.

Where did you graduate from?

Thats nice. Intent of the contract is meaningless. What actually happens matters. By the way...now that McCain is the Republican nominee, you really think his bank wants to fuck him over?

Obviously your not as smart as you play, what the intent is plays a huge part in contract law. Have you ever heard of reliance?

I've never been a judge. And I don't intend to provide information regarding my identity. But Jillian read my posts and easily inferred that I am an attorney. Your tone insinuates that you did not grasp that yourself.

Besides, my license is 28 years old, under glass, and stuffed in a box along with my admissions the the bar of every Federal Court in my state and the US Supreme Court. When I graduated, my law school was ranked 14th in the nation. I have briefed almost 200 cases in appellate courts, most while serving as a prosecutor.

A prosecutor in appellate court.

Hmmm. That's interesting. I haven't met many prosecutors who are liberals. In fact, I haven't met any prosecutors who are liberals. Maybe appellate prosecutors are different, probably because they are removed from the immediacy of the cases.

But the whole "I'm smarter than you nah nah nah nah nah" thing fits right in with elitist liberal assholes.

A prosecutor in appellate court.

Hmmm. That's interesting. I haven't met many prosecutors who are liberals. In fact, I haven't met any prosecutors who are liberals. Maybe appellate prosecutors are different, probably because they are removed from the immediacy of the cases.

But the whole "I'm smarter than you nah nah nah nah nah" thing fits right in with elitist liberal assholes.

Because you've met so many prosecutors, I'm sure.

Here...meet a liberal prosecutor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Abrams

As for him being smarter... he is. And it's appropriate to remind someone who's not as smart and not as knowledgeable of that when they develop some pretense of actually knowing more in the smarter person's area of expertise.

Nothing liberal about it...

No, no more wiki.

I've met enough prosecutors. Cops, too, as far as that goes. None of them are liberal, either.

And it is typical liberal behavior to behave in an unseemly and gloating way. When one isn't behaving in an unseemly and miserable way, that is.

No, no more wiki.

I've met enough prosecutors. Cops, too, as far as that goes. None of them are liberal, either.

And it is typical liberal behavior to behave in an unseemly and gloating way. When one isn't behaving in an unseemly and miserable way, that is.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... because righties like karl rove and rush limabaugh and annie coutergeist are so humble....

just like the rightwing extremists who post here...

:rolleyes:

The irony is very sweet though.

And because it's wiki, does that mean Robert Abrams wasn't NY's attorney general and wasn't a liberal?

You're so predictable when you get beat.

Don't worry, being a lawyer makes you UNIVERSALLY HATED by all. The only profession with a lower approval rating is Politician...who, ironically, are predominantly....lawyers....

And yet another bad show for the legal profession when NBC news covering the child custody case in Texas stated the only thing outnumbering the children in that court proceeding....were the lawyers.....

Ironic ...... being a lawyer should be a very noble and rewarding profession...
But because most, (and I do believe most is correct) practicing the profession are so freekin' dishonest in general....and have no grasp of common moral and ethical values and have a warped sense of justice..., they are viewed as scumbags....how a person can take pride of getting murderers and child molesters , etc. ,their freedom is just irrational to most of us....that isn't justice by any standard I live by......

http://www.finweb.com/loans/legal-determination-of-a-contract.html

When a court of law is presented with a case involving a contract, it must look to a set of guidelines known as the "Rules of Construction" in order to properly interpret the agreement. These guidelines assist the court in establishing the actual intent of the contractual parties. Ignorant:cuckoo:
That is actually an accurate statement of contract law. Nicely done for a change.

But I would not be so quick to fling an insult like "Ignorant:cuckoo:" at someone who hasn't been trained ln the law, because someone else will fling it right back at you. Namely, me.

You see, the McCain loan agreement has conflicting terms, some of which say there was no security interest in federal campaign funds and others which make no sense at all unless there was a security interest in federal campaign funds.

Under the Uniform Commercial Code, the term "security interest" is broad: "Security interest" means an interest in personal property or fixtures which secures payment or performance of an obligation.

That seems circular until you define the terms. "Interest"" means "any and all, partial or total right to property or for the use of property, including an easement to pass over a neighboring parcel of land, the right to drill for oil, a possibility of acquiring title upon the happening of some event, or outright title. While most often referring to real property, one may have an interest in a business, a bank account or any article."

An interest is defined broadly so that mere technical distinctions do not defeat clearly defined legal requirements. It includes current or future rights to property, and vested or contingent rights as well, such as "a possibility of acquiring title".

McCain's bank controlled his campaign's ability to use or encumber federal campaign funds which he might later acquire. That is all it took to create an "interest". They did that for the purpose of securing repayment of their loan. That is all it takes to create a "security interest".

Despite their efforts to create technical distinctions to evade federal law, the parties intended to create that interest, and they intended to create it so the bank would be secured.

And that makes John McCain a felon.

That is actually an accurate statement of contract law. Nicely done for a change.

But I would not be so quick to fling an insult like "Ignorant:cuckoo:" at someone who hasn't been trained ln the law, because someone else will fling it right back at you. Namely, me.

You see, the McCain loan agreement has conflicting terms, some of which say there was no security interest in federal campaign funds and others which make no sense at all unless there was a security interest in federal campaign funds.

Under the Uniform Commercial Code, the term "security interest" is broad: "Security interest" means an interest in personal property or fixtures which secures payment or performance of an obligation.

That seems circular until you define the terms. "Interest"" means "any and all, partial or total right to property or for the use of property, including an easement to pass over a neighboring parcel of land, the right to drill for oil, a possibility of acquiring title upon the happening of some event, or outright title. While most often referring to real property, one may have an interest in a business, a bank account or any article."

An interest is defined broadly so that mere technical distinctions do not defeat clearly defined legal requirements. It includes current or future rights to property, and vested or contingent rights as well, such as "a possibility of acquiring title".

McCain's bank controlled his campaign's ability to use or encumber federal campaign funds which he might later acquire. That is all it took to create an "interest". They did that for the purpose of securing repayment of their loan. That is all it takes to create a "security interest".

Despite their efforts to create technical distinctions to evade federal law, the parties intended to create that interest, and they intended to create it so the bank would be secured.

And that makes John McCain a felon.

And...
The UCC deals primarily with transactions involving personal property (movable property), not real property (immovable property).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Commercial_Code

Money is personal property, and so is the right to receive it in the future. Address the merits, you ignorant punk.

For one, their is no dispute as to the terms of the contract between the two contracting parties, so therefore the UCC would not apply. Both parties understood that public funds weren't being used as collateral for the loan. So do try again. Collateral isn't movable ignorant punk.

For one, their is no dispute as to the terms of the contract between the two contracting parties, so therefore the UCC would not apply. Both parties understood that public funds weren't being used as collateral for the loan. So do try again. Collateral isn't movable ignorant punk.
They tried to make it look that way, but their intent was to create an interest for the bank in the right to receive future payments.

They tried to make it look that way, but their intent was to create an interest for the bank in the right to receive future payments.

Well it seems they did an excellent job of doing it, considering that's the way it will be interpreted.

Ironic ...... being a lawyer should be a very noble and rewarding profession...
But because most, (and I do believe most is correct) practicing the profession are so freekin' dishonest in general....and have no grasp of common moral and ethical values and have a warped sense of justice..., they are viewed as scumbags....how a person can take pride of getting murderers and child molesters , etc. ,their freedom is just irrational to most of us....that isn't justice by any standard I live by......

Actually, it's not a matter of moral or ethical values, it's a matter of upholding individuals rights. Everyone in America benefits when the government has to prove their case beyond a resonable doubt. If not for these safeguards, you could be charged and sentenced without a chance at a fair trial.

Forum List

Back