McCain turns down FEC matching funds

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Gunny, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    The "rest of the story" (not printed in this article) is that "someone", and I DO say that with as much scorn as possible, wants an investigation to see if McCain violated the law by turning down the funds.

Not naming names because I didn't catch who on the news. Of course, I could have just titled the thread as rayboy would: "Bush and Cheney Try to Fuck Over McCain". After all, it HAS to be THEIR fault.

GMAFB, huh?:eusa_eh:

2. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Are you talking about the Push Polling they did in the 2000 election, or are you just pissing into the wind again, Gunny.

I also believe when he was short on funds he said he would take these funds.
    Now it's okay.

For someone who is not a Bush supporter, you sure seem to disagree with those who don't like him. How, many criticisms of Retired have you posted on his hate for liberals?

3. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I consider gunny and retired to be the same poster under different names. No reason to think otherwise.

4. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Could it be that you left out a crucial bit?

You know, the bit about how John McCain now wants to turn down public funds after he took out a loan with the public funds as collateral?

But I guess if you included all the facts people might come to the "wrong" conclusion, eh?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,416
    I was under the impression he wasn't able to do this.

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    No... he can't because once you sign the contract and benefit from the funds, you have to live with the limitations.

This is just a way for him to benefit from the money, since it kept him afloat when he needed it, but now he doesn't want to live with the spending limits.

7. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Its a bit unclear, but it seems like its probably illegal. Only problem is the FEC can't rule on the illegality since there are only 2 members.

Of course on the other side they can't rule on the legality either and approve McCains withdrawal since there are only 2 members.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Dude, do you need some meds, or what? What's Bush got to do with this thread? Note: It says "McCain" in the subject line. Hello?

Now let's try and go through this slowly for the comprehension-impaired:

Did I not state that I was not naming any names because I didn't know who was doing it? This is where you nod your head and say, "Yes, you did."

I caught it on the news before work and found an article that doesn't say much. Did I post that? This is where you nod your head again.

Now I don't give a rat's ass if it's BUSH himself calling for the inverstigation I think it's stupid. I believe I stated something to that effect as well.

Go sit in the fucking corner until you can get some oxygen into that petrified brain of yours.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Then you're dumber than your avatar looks.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    What's to include or not include? Is there not a link posted to the article? Does it state in that article that McCain took out a loan with the public funds as collateral?

I think it does not. How do you propose I include information in an article copyrighted by CNN?

That's additional information. Got something to corroborate it? Like a link?