McCain is the Greatest Flip Flopper of all time

Actually this is what you said....

Consider SS cost 3.5% of it input to run and you know the public sector would have a hard time doing better. Myths die hard.

Which is a blatant lie considering there is over 2 trillion dollars gone from the SS trust fund.....:eusa_liar:

Sorry but there is no lie there, that is what it costs to run SS. The 2 trillion you mention may have been siphoned off by the fools in congress who still think people are a priority far down their list.

I have been reading about how our healthcare spends more than any other nation yet it seems to only work for the rich as our infant and mature mortality rates are among the worst of all industrial nations. And other nations provide UHC. Here is another example of what happens when the free (aka steal em blind) greed market runs things. Why do you think so many hospitals are non profit today? More on this later.

Worthless?

SSI saved my family when I got sick.

I paid into it for 35 years and it was there for me when I needed it.

Hardly worthless to me, sport.

Social Security cannot be blamed for the fact that our government spent all the extra money my generation put into it to keep it stable and in the black.

Blame the Republicans and the Democrats for it.

Blame yourselves for allowing the POLS to raid that fund so that they didn't have to increase you FICA taxes to pay for all the crap they spend it on.[/QUOTE]

Now, Now they wouldn't even have to consider raising FICA taxes if they hadn't spent 2 trillion more dollars than they had....right?

No argument from me, if your point is that the incumbant party which runs this nation (regardless of which party happens to be in ofiice) spends a boatload of money on things of dubious value.

I don't know anybody of any party (or of no party, either) that would disagree with that.

Social Security just happens to be one of those things government does that I think DO give Americans good return for our tax dollars.

Social Security BEFORE
McCain 11/28/04: “Without privatization, I don’t see how you can possibly, over time, make sure that young Americans are able to receive Social Security benefits.”

AFTER
McCain 6/12/08: "I’m not for, quote, privatizing Social Security. I never have been. I never will be."

Abortion BEFORE
McCain 8/24/99: "But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations." [WashPost]

AFTER
McCain 2/18/07: "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned" [MSNBC]

How Insane Is John McCain?: McCain's Flip Flops (the definitive tally)

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Sorry but there is no lie there, that is what it costs to run SS. The 2 trillion you mention may have been siphoned off by the fools in congress who still think people are a priority far down their list.

I have been reading about how our healthcare spends more than any other nation yet it seems to only work for the rich as our infant and mature mortality rates are among the worst of all industrial nations. And other nations provide UHC. Here is another example of what happens when the free (aka steal em blind) greed market runs things. Why do you think so many hospitals are non profit today? More on this later.

The 2 trillion dollars in SS taxes is funding for the program....it has been stolen. Therefore the cost of running SS isn't 3.5%, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

So SS is going bankrupt and you want to turn the country's healthcare over to these fools?

The 2 trillion dollars in SS taxes is funding for the program....it has been stolen. Therefore the cost of running SS isn't 3.5%, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

So SS is going bankrupt and you want to turn the country's healthcare over to these fools?

You're missing the point, SS is ok for a long time and can be supported easily with slight increases, if 2T is missing who took it and where is it? Surely not the civil service people who maintain it? The ball is once again in your court, you want to destroy one of the best things America has done for its people because of why?

http://howinsaneisjohnmccain.blogspot.com/2008/03/mccain-never-met-position-he-didnt-like.html

You're missing the point, SS is ok for a long time and can be supported easily with slight increases, if 2T is missing who took it and where is it? Surely not the civil service people who maintain it? The ball is once again in your court, you want to destroy one of the best things America has done for its people because of why?

Go read some of WOW's posts. You're him on the other side of the argument. You never saw any bullshit you won't try and stick to the wall.

"slight increases" my ass. Between SS and Federal income tax I don't see close to a quarter of MY income that I earn. And I can take that money your precious social program boosts from my wallet and make it yield a whole lot more than SS is ever going to give me.

WTF good is SS if it in fact does not provide what it is supposed to? It's nothing more than a supplement, and if they keep upping the age of entitlement Methuselah himself wouldn't live long enough to collect. Who can actually LIVE on it? Rats?

Oh, I know. People who have provided for their own retirement already. Get a clue.

You're missing the point, SS is ok for a long time and can be supported easily with slight increases

You are practically alone in believing all is fine with SS and it can be sustained "with only slight increases"

if 2T is missing who took it and where is it?

our government took it from the slush fund and spent it on other things.

you want to destroy one of the best things America has done for its people because of why?
SS is destroying it's self, we will not have to lift a finger to do it.

The CBO paints a fairly encouraging picture of the near-term budget situation, even with the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts extended. But this near-term outlook should not divert the nation's attention from its serious long-term fiscal problems. Beyond any doubt, as the CBO once again makes clear, the nation has promised far more in its Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security programs than it can afford.
CBO Confirms: Long-Run Fiscal Outlook Remains Grim

Does anything else need to be said about a whole new entitlement?

The CBO paints a fairly encouraging picture of the near-term budget situation, even with the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts extended. But this near-term outlook should not divert the nation's attention from its serious long-term fiscal problems. Beyond any doubt, as the CBO once again makes clear, the nation has promised far more in its Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security programs than it can afford.
CBO Confirms: Long-Run Fiscal Outlook Remains Grim

Does anything else need to be said about a whole new entitlement?

nope, but I am sure we will still end up with new ones. Social programs sound pretty and nice, and are an easy sell. :(

Not that I don't trust you, but I will not debate you without first confirming the information that you are presenting is legit. The link you provided is no good. I'm not saying that you purposefully misrepresented something, but from your past posts I wouldn't put it past you.

You can't find it yourself? Are you like McCain? A guy who's wife has to help him navigate the internet?

And why doesn't the link work? Do "the powers that be" disable links when they know they will be very damaging to McCain? I noticed that wikipedia's definition of the Keating 5 has been altered to say, "mccain was cleared of all wrongdoing". LOL. Like he wasn't involved.

Ok, we'll move on to another of McCain's flip flops. Not a big one, but I do think it shows you his lack of character.

He and Trent Lott were sworn enemies. Lott trashed McCain's legislative goals and McCain even believed that in the 2000 primaries that Lott spread rumors about McCain's mental stability (which I believe is true). Anyways, as soon as Bush turned on Lott, McCain came rushing to his defense.

NYT: McCain goes from heckler to deal maker - The New York Times - MSNBC.com

So McCain will get into bed with ANYONE that he thinks can help him out.

Doesn't that mean if the devil offered him a deal, he would take it to win the presidency? Because McCain has buddied up to all those agents of intollerance, lobbyists, former enemies, etc.

Doesn't that say something about his character?

Flip flop

You can't find it yourself? Are you like McCain? A guy who's wife has to help him navigate the internet?

And why doesn't the link work? Do "the powers that be" disable links when they know they will be very damaging to McCain? I noticed that wikipedia's definition of the Keating 5 has been altered to say, "mccain was cleared of all wrongdoing". LOL. Like he wasn't involved.

Ok, we'll move on to another of McCain's flip flops. Not a big one, but I do think it shows you his lack of character.

He and Trent Lott were sworn enemies. Lott trashed McCain's legislative goals and McCain even believed that in the 2000 primaries that Lott spread rumors about McCain's mental stability (which I believe is true). Anyways, as soon as Bush turned on Lott, McCain came rushing to his defense.

NYT: McCain goes from heckler to deal maker - The New York Times - MSNBC.com

So McCain will get into bed with ANYONE that he thinks can help him out.

Doesn't that mean if the devil offered him a deal, he would take it to win the presidency? Because McCain has buddied up to all those agents of intollerance, lobbyists, former enemies, etc.

Doesn't that say something about his character?

Flip flop

Do seek help please, there are people out there editing your BS? I don't think so blabering idiots are readily ignored.....

You are practically alone in believing all is fine with SS and it can be sustained "with only slight increases"

our government took it from the slush fund and spent it on other things.

SS is destroying it's self, we will not have to lift a finger to do it.

I'm tired of having to prove SS is ok for a long while, Google it and read a bit.

On a side note I read last evening that the S&P 500 went down 44% in the 70's due to energy costs and inflation. Consider that for all the people who believe the market is god.

Healthcare is a much more difficult topic for economists as we live in a society that believes ripping off the public is a time honored activity. The growth of non profits who pretend they care for everyone is eating into our pocketbooks and the AMA strict licensing of doctors is keeping their pay exorbitantly high compared to other nations. We pay more for HC than other countries but the poor have no care at all.

The Conservative Nanny State

Has anyone noticed the commercials that now 'both ways' has trumped flip flopper! Too funny and sorta impossible but ads never fail to amaze.

I'm tired of having to prove SS is ok for a long while, Google it and read a bit.

On a side note I read last evening that the S&P 500 went down 44% in the 70's due to energy costs and inflation. Consider that for all the people who believe the market is god.
Healthcare is a much more difficult topic for economists as we live in a society that believes ripping off the public is a time honored activity. The growth of non profits who pretend they care for everyone is eating into our pocketbooks and the AMA strict licensing of doctors is keeping their pay exorbitantly high compared to other nations. We pay more for HC than other countries but the poor have no care at all.

The Conservative Nanny State

I wonder if the average American worker, works for more than a decade?
Traditionally the market returns 10 to 12%, seems like alot better investment to me....

and I am tired of pointing out that it is only ok because they keep raising the age you can retire at and lowering the benefits.

If the keep "fixing it" that way, by the time I can retire you will have to be 90, and will get about 100 bucks a month when you do.

I want to make sure you see this one:

"I would rather speak at a rally or a political gathering any place outside of the country after I am president of the United States," McCain told O'Donnell. "But that's a judgment that Sen. Obama and the American people will make."

However, on June 20, McCain himself gave a speech in Canada -- to the Economic Club of Canada -- in which he applauded NAFTA's successes. An implicit message behind that speech was that Obama had been critical of the trade accord. Also, McCain's trip to Canada was paid for by the campaign.

McCain questions speech, forgets Canada - First Read - msnbc.com

egads, I already answered that one too!

One man's retirement math: Social Security wins | csmonitor.com

But SS is also insurance for those in need, time for you greed moonies to move onto another subject to hate.

Sure not all stocks will outperform bonds for that matter, if you didn't diversify your portfolio. But I believe it is up to individuals not the government to invest their own money.

Do you really need me to post the average rate of return for both SS and stocks? I mean I thought it was common knowledge or is your partisan blather getting in the way of objective thinking?

Forum List

Back