McCain is the Greatest Flip Flopper of all time

Has anyone here every worked as a manager? If so, you'll understand what I'm going to say, if not try to empathize. I can't count how many times I've gone into a situation with one viewpoint and came out with another after I've gotten in the inside story. It's called education.

McCain and Obama, as presidential candidates, are getting the crash course on a lot of the inside stories on issues these days. Not from their party, not from the press, but from the people whose feet are on the ground within the government who have been dealing with the heart of issues for years. Even senators don't get the full picture, unless they are on every committee, and they don't let someone step into the presidential office naive. We can only imagine the education they are getting.

Some of it is bound to look like flip flopping, some as bending to the polls, but if they are seriously concerned patriots (and I believe they both are) it has to be a rude awakening. If they didn't change on some of their positions I'd be concerned, that their just not very bright. It's always an interesting process to watch when they get to this point in the game. You can almost see the weight of it all in their faces.

Has anyone here every worked as a manager? If so, you'll understand what I'm going to say, if not try to empathize. I can't count how many times I've gone into a situation with one viewpoint and came out with another after I've gotten in the inside story. It's called education.

For a good part of my working career and I hear you in the sense that we do not always understand a situation till we hear all sides, but the issues on which McCain, in particular has changed his mind, are more in line with the republican party line and it is really why he was such a long shot. He had to flip flop to please the controlling elite, plain and simple.

For a good part of my working career and I hear you in the sense that we do not always understand a situation till we hear all sides, but the issues on which McCain, in particular has changed his mind, are more in line with the republican party line and it is really why he was such a long shot. He had to flip flop to please the controlling elite, plain and simple.

Sure, Obama has flip flopped to appeal to independents but that is somehow understandable....

once again you have know Idea what you are talking about. Nearly all the contributions attributed to "Oil Companies" are actually made by individuals who are in the Oil Industry. Of course you would know that if you ever actually did research and didn't always post stuff you "just heard"

Sorry I listen to CNN.

I'm saying you are wrong! Putting quotes around words doesn't make you right.

I heard Oil companies gave more to Mccain but oil company employees gave more to Obama.

What part about that isn't true?

Sorry I listen to CNN.

I'm saying you are wrong! Putting quotes around words doesn't make you right.

I heard Oil companies gave more to Mccain but oil company employees gave more to Obama.

What part about that isn't true?

Link or proof?

Sure, Obama has flip flopped to appeal to independents but that is somehow understandable....

What didn't McCain know when he said he would be for a windfall profit tax? Now he flipped and would not consider it? Same for making the tax breaks to the rich permenant. 2 situations where he was right and now is wrong. So what makes a man go over to the dark side. that's the question.

Most idiotic and meanest label is flip flopper,
What meanest idiots propose - is an idioter!
Are you propose a party member be a copy,
As Bolshevics were replicas of Lenin's dupa?
Even if in error, he is strait, - not flip floppy.

It is your Obama that always changing skin,
Like instead of skin it is shape-shifting gear,
He use new hat for new audience - blend in
And read from paper blending plagio-mentir.
Another Russky lootering free speach den?

Konstantin.

Not federally...

The law also prohibits contributions from corporations and labor unions. This prohibition applies to any incorporated organization, profit or nonprofit. For example, the owner of an incorporated "mom and pop" grocery store is not permitted to use a business account to make contributions. Instead, the owner would have to use a personal account. A corporate employee may make contributions through a nonrepayable corporate drawing account, which allows the individual to draw personal funds against salary, profits or other compensation.

Do feel free to go check out the real authority on this subject...the IRS.

Link or proof?

So I'm curious. Did you really not know that oil companies give through pac's and lobbyists or were you jerking my chain? I'll be honest. I didn't know Corporations couldn't give. Or I thought they could, but only a limited amount. But I knew there were ways around that too.

So did you know this? Because either way, you are either dishonest or stupid. Stupid if you thought oil companies gave more to Obama, or a liar if you tried to mislead us to think that when you knew it was not true.

So it's one or the other. Stupid or Dishonest. Please let us all know when you are ready. We are waiting. :eusa_whistle:

Link please, show how Mccain has campaigned on this?

I appreciate you lobbing softballs. Here are some campaign ads.

Interviewer: How old are you?

John McCain: Thirty one.

Interviewer: What is your rank in the army?

McCain: Lt. Commander in the Navy. … hit by either missile or anti-aircraft fire, I’m not sure which. And the plane continued straight down and I ejected and broke my leg and both arms.

Interviewer: And your official number?

McCain: 624787

Another:

“A few days ago, Senator Clinton tried to spend one million dollars on the Woodstock concert museum. Now my friends, I wasn’t there. I’m sure it was a cultural and pharmaceutical event. I was, I was tied up at the time.”

And another:

“One night, after being mistreated as a POW, a guard loosened the ropes binding me, easing my pain.

“On Christmas, that same guard approached me, and without saying a word, he drew a cross in the sand. We stood wordlessly looking at the cross, remembering the true light of Christmas.”

A man who endured all this, and who will change his mind regarding torture is the worst sort of liar and snake imaginable. It shows cowardice not to hold your deepest convictions which McCain doesn't have.

EDIT: INCLUDED LINK. Can't post it till I have more responses. I'll get back to Johnny El Floppo later.

Last edited:
What didn't McCain know when he said he would be for a windfall profit tax? Now he flipped and would not consider it? Same for making the tax breaks to the rich permenant. 2 situations where he was right and now is wrong. So what makes a man go over to the dark side. that's the question.

I think your trying to say (its kind of hard to interpret) that MCcain was for a windfall profit tax on oil companies? If so please post a link to this assertion...
He has never supported a windfall profit tax...

Dipshit if you did any research, you would realize that the rich actually paid more under the Bush tax cuts.

So I'm curious. Did you really not know that oil companies give through pac's and lobbyists or were you jerking my chain? I'll be honest. I didn't know Corporations couldn't give. Or I thought they could, but only a limited amount. But I knew there were ways around that too.

So did you know this? Because either way, you are either dishonest or stupid. Stupid if you thought oil companies gave more to Obama, or a liar if you tried to mislead us to think that when you knew it was not true.

So it's one or the other. Stupid or Dishonest. Please let us all know when you are ready. We are waiting. :eusa_whistle:

You are really stupid aren't you, here you go. Here's the top PAC recipients for 2008....No where do I see MCcain's name.

Oil & Gas: Top PAC Recipients | OpenSecrets

Industry Gushed Money After Reversal on Drilling

By Matthew Mosk
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, July 27, 2008; Page A10

Campaign contributions from oil industry executives to Sen. John McCain rose dramatically in the last half of June, after the senator from Arizona made a high-profile split with environmentalists and reversed his opposition to the federal ban on offshore drilling.
Oil and gas industry executives and employees donated $1.1 million to McCain last month -- three-quarters of which came after his June 16 speech calling for an end to the ban -- compared with $116,000 in March, $283,000 in April and $208,000 in May.

Industry Gushed Money After Reversal on Drilling - washingtonpost.com

Industry Gushed Money After Reversal on Drilling

By Matthew Mosk
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, July 27, 2008; Page A10

Campaign contributions from oil industry executives to Sen. John McCain rose dramatically in the last half of June, after the senator from Arizona made a high-profile split with environmentalists and reversed his opposition to the federal ban on offshore drilling.
Oil and gas industry executives and employees donated $1.1 million to McCain last month -- three-quarters of which came after his June 16 speech calling for an end to the ban -- compared with $116,000 in March, $283,000 in April and $208,000 in May.

Industry Gushed Money After Reversal on Drilling - washingtonpost.com

Genius...notice the highlighted area..

so what? is that against the law?
obama takes money from oil men, just check his website he lists them

obama gets more money from oil company employees. mccain gets more money from the oil companies through lobbyists.

Nothing illegal about it. Just expect McCain to work in the best interest of Corporations and Obama will work in the best interests of American workers.

Actually, Obama will work for both Corporations and Labor. You will probably point to that and say, "see, he's no different" but you will be clueless about how he is at the same time working for the middle class. That's because you don't know what you are talking about. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back