McCain: "Dictators Start By Suppressing Media"

He made a big mistake by picking a fight with the news people fake or not..

I disagree. The bias of the mainstream media needed to be exposed a long time ago. They are more like Pravda now than a free press.

You underestimate the intelligence of the American people. Many of us check several unrelated sources on impotent issues and we understand that some authors are more credible than others, No media outlet is perfect but those outlets are the 4th estate in our freedom process. Without them, a known liar, likeTrump, would have free reign to manipulate his large base of ignoramuses to do anything. And with RW talk shows and FOX news backing his BS up, The world could become a dangerous place for people of color and those White people deemed to be liberal.

The president and his staff retain their 1A right to criticize the hired guns. Don't let the Democrat Media Complex fool you. Their agenda is to do everything possible to frustrate the presidency.

And that is as it should be. Otherwise there would be no accountability. Opposing views expressed in the media keeps the public informed and, for those bright enough to fact check the information, that model is invaluable for making informed voting decisions. Our Democracy could not function without it! Trump is keenly aware of that and it irks him to no end!
Well, even Hitler could not stop everything right away, some things he did to destroy free speech were done a few weeks after he took power, but other acts of oppression and oppressive laws were made years after, in 1938.

And even with military power, the Soviet Union was fully in control of the countries it occupied (in 1945) after the war in 1947-48, so it took a few years to ban all the other political parties and dissent.

They all claimed it was in the name of "the people".

I'm telling you: Public hanging needs to make a comeback.
So basically you want to create a dictatorship because someone you don't like says your So Called Ruler of the United States wants to create a dictatorship.

If I say Trump should resign, then you'll agree with me?
Resign?

ROFLOL

HE WON, PATHETIC BUTT-HURT DUMBASS SNOWFLAKES...

:p
He night have won the battle but the war has just begun! And a lot of republicans are joining the resistance to force Trump's hand in releasing his taxes.
They have also been instrumental contributing to his recent failures... And that Wall.... fiscal conservatives don't want it!

That's it, hang that fucktard. If for nothing else, the pain he inflicted on his fellow servicemen during 'nam.

Sedition is sedition. McCain is contrary to all the citizens of the USA.

An example needs to be made.

Chuck Todd can go next for all I care.
McCain is an American hero

Trump? He sat that one out
---------------------------------------------------------------- all this hero worship is distasteful , mckain did his job that he VOLUNTEERED to do , was paid , taken care of medically then he fed at the government trough these last 40 years or so . And he probably keeps getting reelected partly due to his hero worshipping voters RWinger .

View attachment 113224
--------------------------------------------------------------- thats just your OPINION and like azzholes everyone has an opinion EWings !!

John McCain crashed something like six planes and got himself shot down.

He's tenacious.

But he's pretty incompetent
Like McCain had a choice of being able to prevent being shot down, If he was shot down six times and survived, he was a bad mofo gutsy patriot.Now tell me about Trump's heroic deeds!

He crashed something like six planes....wasn't a very good aviator.

McCain might have been able to prevent it.....don't know.

Crashing six planes....I wonder what they were thinking when they put him back in the cockpit after number 5.
------------------------------------- i think that 'juan mckain' Grandpap and father werre Navy or USA military bigshots SubDevil .

So basically you want to create a dictatorship because someone you don't like says your So Called Ruler of the United States wants to create a dictatorship.

Resign?

ROFLOL

He night have won the battle but the war has just begun! And a lot of republicans are joining the resistance to force Trump's hand in releasing his taxes.
They have also been instrumental contributing to his recent failures... And that Wall.... fiscal conservatives don't want it!

Your delusions are duly noted. Even Hillary was for a wall and voted for it.

its just the hero worship thats disgusting to me . 'juan' did his job , left the military and if like most he woulda returned to civilian life to find a job . Its simply that some of you guys need heros i guess .

its just the hero worship thats disgusting to me . 'juan' did his job , left the military and if like most he woulda returned to civilian life to find a job . Its simply that some of you guys need heros i guess .

Actually he failed at his job, then sold out his fellow aviators. Then attempts at every whipstitch to sell out his fellow Americans. What a turd.

Dictators start by supressing the media. Very true.

The problem here with the asinine talking point though is that Trump has done exactly noting to suppress the media one iota. The Media is as free today as it has been over the last few decades.

Resign?

ROFLOL

Your delusions are duly noted. Even Hillary was for a wall and voted for it.
Nope, that was for a fence, nor a wall.When you learn such elementary differences we can move on to things jr, high schoolers would know. For more progressive students I will add this: Trump wants to build a 2ooo mi long wall and the Secure Fence Act of 2006,which was supported by Clinton and signed into law by Bush, was for a 700 mile "FENCE". Trump's wall and the 700 mi fence are no where equal in costs or scope.

The problem here with the asinine talking point though is that Trump has done exactly noting to suppress the media one iota. The Media is as free today as it has been over the last few decades.
But Trump is a liar and his lies have become the alt Right gospel. When he declares news he doesn't like fake news, regardless of how true it is, his faithful zombies
shake their heads up and down in unison, expressing unabashed agreement. That is horrifying... It is as if he has cast a spell over his loyal fans and can do no wrong in their eyes. He could be just pick a female Trump bot out of the crowd , pull down her panties , bend her over and hump her right n the middle of Madison Square Garden and his constituents wouldn't care. And she would probably be smiling the whole time and giving the onlookers a thumbs up.

Trump cannot suppress the media so he is trying to marginalized them

Trump is not afraid of the media....he is afraid of the truth

As far as dictators getting a start. That comes from a government and press that stops listening to the public. Feeling powerless, they seek a voice. People voted for Trump to gain a voice in government and stop a press that has over stepped their purpose and become a tool of corruption.

I agree very much, he became popular for that reason. People have a voice now as well on the internet, but there are scums who use it to scam and troll..

I am a left leaning democrat who supported Trump in the beginning for that reason.. It was the GOP trying to cheat him over last summer.. But we were watching like hawks .

I am saying that it is not just the liberal sites doing this..

I've said this over and over again that the Rght Establishment is scared to death of Trump as is The Left.

These people have been lying to The Right & Left for years and undermining American Interests for Corporatists and Globalists.

If Lefty had any brains he'd realize this and would be rooting Trump not trying to help the corupt establishment undermine him.

Last edited:
I've said this over and over again that the Rght Establishment is scared to death of Trump as is The Left.

These people have been lying to Tje Right & Left for years and undermining American Interests for Corporatists and Globalists.

If Lefty had any brains he'd realize this and would be rooting Trump not trying to help the corupt establishment undermine him.

Still prisoners to their taskmasters. :(

Trump cannot suppress the media so he is trying to marginalized them

Trump is not afraid of the media....he is afraid of the truth

What's the truth?

McCain On Trump Declaring The Media An Enemy: "That's How Dictators Get Started"

Republican Senator Arizona Senator told NBC News in a clip released Saturday (above) that President Donald Trump's most recent attack on the media is an example of "how dictators get started."

Chuck Todd, host of "Meet the Press," asked McCain about Trump's tweet Friday, in which the president declared that the media is "the enemy of the American people."

"If you want to preserve Democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press, and without it I'm afraid we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That's how dictators get started," McCain responded.

"They get started by suppressing a free press," he added. "In other words, a consolidation of power, when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do, is shut down the press. I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history."

McCain On Trump Declaring The Media An Enemy: "That's How Dictators Get Started"

Amen, John! The problem is - Trump doesn't know anything about history. He may not even know how Hitler started. It's scary...
He's right. It's true. That's the thing that ALL dictators in modern-history share, they've all sought to destroy the media as their FIRST order of business.

Trump is following suit.

I suppose you don't have what we call an "answer" huh?
That's fine. It wasn't your question, Dippy.

I've heard of Jim David Adkisson. That close enough?
Then you have no idea of the plank in your own eye.

Go fish.
Right now Trump doesn't know who his friends are. He's going to find that the GOP congress does not have his back just because he's President.

Forum List

Back