McCain: "Dictators Start By Suppressing Media"

So they are just like the partisan hacks that have been rooting for their guy since the beginning of politics. Obama has the same sycophantic followers. The only real difference now is that Trump is a lot more crass.

Obama wasn't a populist that appealed primarily to one segment of the US population like Trump does.Trump champions the angry White male .most of whom voted overwhelmingly against Obama in both of his successful elections.
That is the running talking point, yes. It is bullshit though. It is interesting that Trump through all the rhetoric manages to make gains on Romney with minorities. The continual denigration of anyone that supports Trump is not going to work if the democrats really want to make gains in 2018.

There is no bullshit in the statistics showing Trump got most of the White vote and it is no secret that his "birther" campaign earned hi a soft spot in the hearts and minds of RW White males. And yes, I hear that more Blacks and women jumped on the Trump train than they did on the Romney shuttle but that difference was based on chicanery. THe cagtalyst that put Trump over the top was voter suppression, the destruction of Hillary's campaign by the Russian hack squad, and the FBI's timely announcement on the eve of the election that more investigations of Hillary were imminent. That might have been enough to sway former Obama supporters to Trump’s side. Plus, the thousands of voters illegally disenfranchised by Cross Check also factored in Trump’s success!
And there is no bullshit in the statistics that Clinton gained more black votes than Trump did. I suppose that is because of the rabid racist black people supported her in droves right?

Of course not but you seem to think that you can declare as such because Trump gained a majority of the white vote. Then you continue declaring that his win is based on voter suppression. That is more bullshit that the left simply declares because they do not want to admit that they were outnamuvered in this last election by one of the worst canidates ever.

Trump did not gain ground with minority groups because of shenanigans - he did so because his messaging was superior to Clinton's and people are tired of the same old shit that is not working for them.
JQPublic1 said:
Although RW rhetoric declares falsely that Obama was the most divisive president in US history, the diversity of Obama's base contradicts that biased premise soundly.

FA_Q2 said:
No, it does not but then again the divisiveness that has been growing ios not one of skin color. It is more telling that seems to be all you base divisiveness on rather than what is dividing the country right now - ideology.

Obama was extremely divisive and the breakdown of our political system is proof positive of that fact.
JQPublic said:
hegemonic populism has already proved to be far more divisive along racial lines than Obama's "hope and change " platform ever was. Obama didn't have followers like Trump does. He had admirers who looked through all the negative propaganda and obstructionism launched against him by konservatives, the same clowns who nearly caused the US economy to crash. Still, Obama's presidency could not have survived if he had said the things Trump has or if he had staffed his cabinet with an all black cast.
FA_Q2 said:
Obama quite clearly did have followers like Trump. The difference here is that you seem to agree with them so it is suddenly just fine. You even identify yourself as one by saying things like konservatives, blaming the economic crash on a single side of the isle and "if he had staffed his cabinet with an all black cast" which makes no sense at all because it has nothing to do with Trumps cabinet picks.

FOLLOWERS:

The term "followers" is too ambiguous when using the term to describe people who voted for Obama. They voted for him twice but pulled the democrat political support base from under him after his first two years. What kind of followers would do that? They seemed to throw him to the wolves when they turned the keys to the bank over to the GOP tea party obstructionists. Trump, OTOH, has followers who have abandoned their pseudo-conservative values to become konservatives, As I mentoined earlier, Trump can say or do anything and his Trump-Bots don’t care.
They even looked the other way when he publicly defended Russia over America on the Bill O'rielly Show
Just like those that blindly supported Obama. His supporters, followers or whatever term you want to use did not 'pull the democrat political support base' from him. Those people represent a minority of the voter base - a small minority - just as the rabid Trump supporters that would vote for Trump if he shot a person in public are a small minority of the voter base. They gain a lot of attention because they are a very vocal segment and they make good headlines.

That minority rarely maintains a strong enough message and is able to maintain turnout when they are the ones in charge. Same thing happened under Bush and the same things is likely to happen under Trump. The only thing that may allow the republicans to continue to control the senate during Trump's mid terms is the terrible electorial map that the democrats have to deal with over the next election cycle. Even then, they are likely to lose control anyway.
Obama's presidential inheritance vs Trump's presidential inheritance:

AN economic disruption or crash that occurs in the last days or year of a departing president’s term is credited to him, not the incoming president. Bush’s tax cuts while starting to wars, all simultaneously, was huge in creating the economic crisis that followed..OBama left Trump with a healthy economy just as Clinton left Bush with one. i'll bet you a dozen doughnuts Trump will leave the economy in shambles too if he follows GOP strategies.

NOW THIS:
When you cite me don’t chop up my sentences and then claim I am not making sense. I said THIS:

"Still, Obama's presidency could not have survived if he had said the things Trump has or if he had staffed his cabinet with an all black cast.” And that statement was referring to the context of our original discussion comparing Trump’s divisiveness against Obama’s alleged divisiveness. Ben Carson is the lone Black person in Trump’s cabinet choices thus far and he is ill suited for the task, Several Cabinet picks, like Bannon and especially Jeff Sessions, have such sordid racial histories that, choosing either of them would be analogous to Obama choosing Louis Farrakhan and all the other Black political figures you hate so much!

Don't get stupid on me... I've had more than my share of encounters with RW sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity!
To bad. I respond to the points you make as you point them. I never misrepresented what you said and repeating it is pointless. Whatever you may think of Trumps picks, they are not uniformly of a single race. Don't try and claim I am getting 'stupid' on you when you made the idiotic association with race and the cabinet.

Whoa. before this exchange can proceed we have to clear up your lies.

JQPublic said:
hegemonic populism has already proved to be far more divisive along racial lines than Obama's "hope and change " platform ever was. Obama didn't have followers like Trump does. He had admirers who looked through all the negative propaganda and obstructionism launched against him by konservatives, the same clowns who nearly caused the US economy to crash. Still, Obama's presidency could not have survived if he had said the things Trump has or if he had staffed his cabinet with an all black cast.

YOUR RESPONSE:

FA_Q2 said:
Obama quite clearly did have followers like Trump. The difference here is that you seem to agree with them so it is suddenly just fine. You even identify yourself as one by saying things like konservatives, blaming the economic crash on a single side of the isle and "if he had staffed his cabinet with an all black cast" which makes no sense at all because it has nothing to do with Trumps cabinet picks.

You are ignoring the first part of my statement (highlighted in red) by omitting that portion and jumping to the prepositional phrase " if he had staffed his cabinet with an all back cast." Why did you do that? There is no denying the hegemonic intent behind Trump's cabinet picks who are just as racist, prejudiced and bigoted as he is. Therefore when I proposed a parallel suggesting Obama's presidency would not have survived had he behaved like Trump or had he made cabinet picks consisting of inexperienced zealots who have public records of being just as hostile towards White people ad Trump's picks are hostile against Blacks and other minorities. That makes a lot of sense.
OK... lets see how you twist your lie this time...GO>>>>
No twist or lies. They are your words (and no that was not a prepositional phrase). My point stands.

You continue with statements that you take as given fact that simply are not. Now it is trumps cabinet pics are "just as racist, prejudiced and bigoted as he is." That goes right back to my point that you are one of those 'followers' on the left.

McCain On Trump Declaring The Media An Enemy: "That's How Dictators Get Started"

Republican Senator Arizona Senator told NBC News in a clip released Saturday (above) that President Donald Trump's most recent attack on the media is an example of "how dictators get started."

Chuck Todd, host of "Meet the Press," asked McCain about Trump's tweet Friday, in which the president declared that the media is "the enemy of the American people."

"If you want to preserve Democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press, and without it I'm afraid we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That's how dictators get started," McCain responded.

"They get started by suppressing a free press," he added. "In other words, a consolidation of power, when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do, is shut down the press. I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history."

McCain On Trump Declaring The Media An Enemy: "That's How Dictators Get Started"

Amen, John! The problem is - Trump doesn't know anything about history. He may not even know how Hitler started. It's scary...
You are so full of shit your eyes are brown.

McCain should retire. He has dementia. He cannot recognize 'admonition' of the press for lying. He calls it suppression. Trump even said that he welcomes bad press....if it's true.

My respect for John McCain diminishes each day now. All this bullshit with comparisons between Trump and former dictators such as Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, etc is just that....total fucking bullshit...meant to evoke recollections of truly evil people. Fuck John McCain. Fuck liberalism!
If we don't stop you populist bahs-turds now, we will end up just like Nazi Germany.
Apparently, you're just as stupid as is John McCain.

What'd McCain say that was "stupid"?

Do dick-taters NOT care about suppressing/controlling media then?
Suppressing the press is one thing. Demanding honesty from the press is another. We should ALL be doing the latter! That's what President Trump is doing. He detests fake news...as do I. McCain is demented!

Republican Senator Arizona Senator told NBC News in a clip released Saturday (above) that President Donald Trump's most recent attack on the media is an example of "how dictators get started."

Chuck Todd, host of "Meet the Press," asked McCain about Trump's tweet Friday, in which the president declared that the media is "the enemy of the American people."

"If you want to preserve Democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press, and without it I'm afraid we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That's how dictators get started," McCain responded.

"They get started by suppressing a free press," he added. "In other words, a consolidation of power, when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do, is shut down the press. I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history."

Amen, John! The problem is - Trump doesn't know anything about history. He may not even know how Hitler started. It's scary...

McCain should retire. He has dementia. He cannot recognize 'admonition' of the press for lying. He calls it suppression. Trump even said that he welcomes bad press....if it's true.

My respect for John McCain diminishes each day now. All this bullshit with comparisons between Trump and former dictators such as Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, etc is just that....total fucking bullshit...meant to evoke recollections of truly evil people. Fuck John McCain. Fuck liberalism!
If we don't stop you populist bahs-turds now, we will end up just like Nazi Germany.

Suppressing the press is one thing. Demanding honesty from the press is another. We should ALL be doing the latter! That's what President Trump is doing. He detests fake news...as do I. McCain is demented!
If the press is dishonest, there would have to be a grand conspiracy afoot. You are making "the press" all inclusive, including right wing leaning press and the left wing leaning press. Personaly, I think there are too many checks and balances between the two media factions to warrant such a notion that "the press"is dishonest. Video clips of Trump lying and subsequent clips of him denying he lied cannot be dismissed as faulty press coverage because Trump deems it so~

Obama wasn't a populist that appealed primarily to one segment of the US population like Trump does.Trump champions the angry White male .most of whom voted overwhelmingly against Obama in both of his successful elections.
That is the running talking point, yes. It is bullshit though. It is interesting that Trump through all the rhetoric manages to make gains on Romney with minorities. The continual denigration of anyone that supports Trump is not going to work if the democrats really want to make gains in 2018.

There is no bullshit in the statistics showing Trump got most of the White vote and it is no secret that his "birther" campaign earned hi a soft spot in the hearts and minds of RW White males. And yes, I hear that more Blacks and women jumped on the Trump train than they did on the Romney shuttle but that difference was based on chicanery. THe cagtalyst that put Trump over the top was voter suppression, the destruction of Hillary's campaign by the Russian hack squad, and the FBI's timely announcement on the eve of the election that more investigations of Hillary were imminent. That might have been enough to sway former Obama supporters to Trump’s side. Plus, the thousands of voters illegally disenfranchised by Cross Check also factored in Trump’s success!
And there is no bullshit in the statistics that Clinton gained more black votes than Trump did. I suppose that is because of the rabid racist black people supported her in droves right?

Of course not but you seem to think that you can declare as such because Trump gained a majority of the white vote. Then you continue declaring that his win is based on voter suppression. That is more bullshit that the left simply declares because they do not want to admit that they were outnamuvered in this last election by one of the worst canidates ever.

Trump did not gain ground with minority groups because of shenanigans - he did so because his messaging was superior to Clinton's and people are tired of the same old shit that is not working for them.
JQPublic1 said:
Although RW rhetoric declares falsely that Obama was the most divisive president in US history, the diversity of Obama's base contradicts that biased premise soundly.

FA_Q2 said:
No, it does not but then again the divisiveness that has been growing ios not one of skin color. It is more telling that seems to be all you base divisiveness on rather than what is dividing the country right now - ideology.

Obama was extremely divisive and the breakdown of our political system is proof positive of that fact.
JQPublic said:
FA_Q2 said:

FOLLOWERS:

The term "followers" is too ambiguous when using the term to describe people who voted for Obama. They voted for him twice but pulled the democrat political support base from under him after his first two years. What kind of followers would do that? They seemed to throw him to the wolves when they turned the keys to the bank over to the GOP tea party obstructionists. Trump, OTOH, has followers who have abandoned their pseudo-conservative values to become konservatives, As I mentoined earlier, Trump can say or do anything and his Trump-Bots don’t care.
They even looked the other way when he publicly defended Russia over America on the Bill O'rielly Show
Just like those that blindly supported Obama. His supporters, followers or whatever term you want to use did not 'pull the democrat political support base' from him. Those people represent a minority of the voter base - a small minority - just as the rabid Trump supporters that would vote for Trump if he shot a person in public are a small minority of the voter base. They gain a lot of attention because they are a very vocal segment and they make good headlines.

That minority rarely maintains a strong enough message and is able to maintain turnout when they are the ones in charge. Same thing happened under Bush and the same things is likely to happen under Trump. The only thing that may allow the republicans to continue to control the senate during Trump's mid terms is the terrible electorial map that the democrats have to deal with over the next election cycle. Even then, they are likely to lose control anyway.

AN economic disruption or crash that occurs in the last days or year of a departing president’s term is credited to him, not the incoming president. Bush’s tax cuts while starting to wars, all simultaneously, was huge in creating the economic crisis that followed..OBama left Trump with a healthy economy just as Clinton left Bush with one. i'll bet you a dozen doughnuts Trump will leave the economy in shambles too if he follows GOP strategies.

NOW THIS:
When you cite me don’t chop up my sentences and then claim I am not making sense. I said THIS:

"Still, Obama's presidency could not have survived if he had said the things Trump has or if he had staffed his cabinet with an all black cast.” And that statement was referring to the context of our original discussion comparing Trump’s divisiveness against Obama’s alleged divisiveness. Ben Carson is the lone Black person in Trump’s cabinet choices thus far and he is ill suited for the task, Several Cabinet picks, like Bannon and especially Jeff Sessions, have such sordid racial histories that, choosing either of them would be analogous to Obama choosing Louis Farrakhan and all the other Black political figures you hate so much!

Don't get stupid on me... I've had more than my share of encounters with RW sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity!
To bad. I respond to the points you make as you point them. I never misrepresented what you said and repeating it is pointless. Whatever you may think of Trumps picks, they are not uniformly of a single race. Don't try and claim I am getting 'stupid' on you when you made the idiotic association with race and the cabinet.

JQPublic said:

YOUR RESPONSE:

FA_Q2 said:

You are ignoring the first part of my statement (highlighted in red) by omitting that portion and jumping to the prepositional phrase " if he had staffed his cabinet with an all back cast." Why did you do that? There is no denying the hegemonic intent behind Trump's cabinet picks who are just as racist, prejudiced and bigoted as he is. Therefore when I proposed a parallel suggesting Obama's presidency would not have survived had he behaved like Trump or had he made cabinet picks consisting of inexperienced zealots who have public records of being just as hostile towards White people ad Trump's picks are hostile against Blacks and other minorities. That makes a lot of sense.
No twist or lies. They are your words (and no that was not a prepositional phrase). My point stands.

You continue with statements that you take as given fact that simply are not. Now it is trumps cabinet pics are "just as racist, prejudiced and bigoted as he is." That goes right back to my point that you are one of those 'followers' on the left.
the word "IF" is a preposition and all the nouns and words following it in a clause, normally without a punctuation mark. are part of the prepositional phrase. Did you graduate from elementary school? Before you move onto more complex sentence structure I suggest you get a handle on the rudimentary concepts before engaging someone as learned as me. heh heh heh!

More paranoid delusions. Trump isn't trying to shut them down, he's trying to expose their extreme bias.

He made a big mistake by picking a fight with the news people fake or not.. A president needs a poker face with thick skin...Trumps emotional roller coaster is showing it bugs him.

Obama had fake news all over the internet too, its is a political tool which is a scam but it isn't up to Trump to call it out..He used this tool as well to get himself elected .
---------------------------------------------------------------------- i don't think that the Trump is complaining about internet news . Trump is going after organized 'msm' working with lefty politicians and the 'democrats' and democrat party EWings !!

From my observation the fake news gets leaked into the social media site and they fly with it. When we were growing up, we only had the news paper.

It is up to the viewer to check out and educate themselves with many sites.. I have seen lies on MSNBC and Fox news.

Now with twitter and facebook these lies become facts for some people, like paul ryan spreading fake news about obamacare so he can rip it apart. This is another topic but I am just pointing out how things get spread around now a days..
The news is controlled by the super rich who hire people to spread it in forums and social media sites.
Trump has no control over it so he should just stay away from social media.

Trump knows how to "manipulate" social media - and so does Steve Bannon.

Putin is an expert at manipulation of social media outlets. He not only hacked into the DNC, but spread all kinds of FAKE news on social media outlets.

You have to check your sources. If I can't find 2 or 3 links to one story, it's not going here.

But his attack is on trusted news sites that have been around forever, and he's just trying to manipulate people into believing HIM, and it's not working very well.

Trump is a pathological liar.
How to Spot a Pathological Liar

Last edited:

JQPublic1 said:

FA_Q2 said:

JQPublic said:
FA_Q2 said:

FOLLOWERS:

NOW THIS:

JQPublic said:

YOUR RESPONSE:

FA_Q2 said:

the word "IF" is a preposition and all the nouns and words following it in a clause, normally without a punctuation mark. are part of the prepositional phrase. Did you graduate from elementary school? Before you move onto more complex sentence structure I suggest you get a handle on the rudimentary concepts before engaging someone as learned as me. heh heh heh!
Why would I bother engaging with a dishonest hack such as yourself.

You are now trying to state that I was ignoring the 'if' in your statement? Clearly you are not interested in actual discussion of your position - all you seem to be interested in is deeming it is so and then deflecting over and over again while declaring your own superiority.

Come to think of it, you sound a lot like Trump himself.

More paranoid delusions. Trump isn't trying to shut them down, he's trying to expose their extreme bias.

He made a big mistake by picking a fight with the news people fake or not.. A president needs a poker face with thick skin...Trumps emotional roller coaster is showing it bugs him.

Obama had fake news all over the internet too, its is a political tool which is a scam but it isn't up to Trump to call it out..He used this tool as well to get himself elected .
---------------------------------------------------------------------- i don't think that the Trump is complaining about internet news . Trump is going after organized 'msm' working with lefty politicians and the 'democrats' and democrat party EWings !!

From my observation the fake news gets leaked into the social media site and they fly with it. When we were growing up, we only had the news paper.

It is up to the viewer to check out and educate themselves with many sites.. I have seen lies on MSNBC and Fox news.

Now with twitter and facebook these lies become facts for some people, like paul ryan spreading fake news about obamacare so he can rip it apart. This is another topic but I am just pointing out how things get spread around now a days..
The news is controlled by the super rich who hire people to spread it in forums and social media sites.
Trump has no control over it so he should just stay away from social media.

Trump knows how to "manipulate" social media - and so does Steve Bannon.

Putin is an expert at manipulation of social media outlets. He not only hacked into the DNC, but spread all kinds of FAKE news on social media outlets.

You have to check your sources. If I can't find 2 or 3 links to one story, it's not going here.

But his attack is on trusted news sites that have been around forever, and he's just trying to manipulate people into believing HIM, and it's not working very well.

Trump is a pathological liar.
How to Spot a Pathological Liar

So are democrats....

For honesty I come to the posts on USMessageBoard.

For honesty I come to the posts on USMessageBoard.
I'm surprised the DU lets you....

FOLLOWERS:

NOW THIS:

JQPublic said:

YOUR RESPONSE:

FA_Q2 said:

Why would I bother engaging with a dishonest hack such as yourself.

You are now trying to state that I was ignoring the 'if' in your statement? Clearly you are not interested in actual discussion of your position - all you seem to be interested in is deeming it is so and then deflecting over and over again while declaring your own superiority.

Come to think of it, you sound a lot like Trump himself.
I am not TRYING to state anything! I can't help that you don't know what a prepositional phrase is.

The traitorous songbird John McCain is committing sedition towards the new president.

Once again John McCain is wrong. History tells us that dictators begin by disarming the citizens!
He is disarming the citizenry by trying to neutralize the average Joe's greatest political weapon against tyranny: the news media. Conventional weapons are no match for legislated skullduggery and surreptitious political malfeasance.

I would demand honesty from the president before I would demand honesty from the press.

Trump is the oracle of fake news and when the media catches him,and calls him on it, he proclaims victimhood and declares he is being wronged by purveyors of fake news.
The bizarre thing is that we all see him lie right on TV and then tell us later that we can't believe our lying eyes...heh heh heh! His supporters don't care.... BUt the great majority of Americans do... And you will be hearing from us Herr Trump! You work for us, we don't work for YOU!

If the press is dishonest, there would have to be a grand conspiracy afoot. You are making "the press" all inclusive, including right wing leaning press and the left wing leaning press. Personally, I think there are too many checks and balances between the two media factions to warrant such a notion that "the press"is dishonest. Video clips of Trump lying and subsequent clips of him denying he lied cannot be dismissed as faulty press coverage because Trump deems it so~
Any 'journalist' that paraphrases a statement and conveniently leaves out key words or inserts words of opposite meaning is creating 'fake news'. The press is not totally dishonest. It is selectively dishonest.

Trump welcomes bad press IF IT IS TRUE and presented in a truthful manner. Anytime I quote someone here, the only alterations I make are corrections of misspelled words....or deletion of irrelevant parts of the quoted material....unless the deletion would change the context of the quote. News media should do the same, but they habitually change to meaning of what was actually said or meant by paraphrasing the actual words of their target. They call it journalistic license...to justify their misrepresentation.

I would demand honesty from the president before I would demand honesty from the press.
You can't get the truth about the President from the press unless they honestly report what he says or does. They need to leave out their goddamned opinions and political slants and report exactly what he says and does. If he lies, it will eventually come out...as it did with Barry Soetoro and Hillary Clinton....and John Kerry...and Eric Holder...and Valarie Jarrett...and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz...and Al Sharpton...and Harry Reid...and....

If the press is dishonest, there would have to be a grand conspiracy afoot. You are making "the press" all inclusive, including right wing leaning press and the left wing leaning press. Personally, I think there are too many checks and balances between the two media factions to warrant such a notion that "the press"is dishonest. Video clips of Trump lying and subsequent clips of him denying he lied cannot be dismissed as faulty press coverage because Trump deems it so~
Any 'journalist' that paraphrases a statement and conveniently leaves out key words or inserts words of opposite meaning is creating 'fake news'. The press is not totally dishonest. It is selectively dishonest.

Trump welcomes bad press IF IT IS TRUE and presented in a truthful manner. Anytime I quote someone here, the only alterations I make are corrections of misspelled words....or deletion of irrelevant parts of the quoted material....unless the deletion would change the context of the quote. News media should do the same, but they habitually change to meaning of what was actually said or meant by paraphrasing the actual words of their target. They call it journalistic license...to justify their misrepresentation.
On the surface your claim of a dishonest press is spurious simply because there are so many independent variables in the press corps.

I find your reference to some mysterious unidentified dishonest "press" being far too broad a claim to be food for intellectual discourse. An example of this ambiguous press caught red handed committing the dishonest acts you claim would be helpful..,

Forum List

Back