Maybe Obama Won't Sign Any Bill Written By GOP. Afraid GOP Will Get All The Credit ?

Him and Democrats are deathly afraid the Republicans might get some credit for solving this problem. Obviously they wont admit this publicly,but privately they're shaking in their boots. This President and the Democrats will gladly shut the Country down if they think it will benefit them politically. I don't think they care much about the country at this point. It's all about the Votes now. Party before Country for sure.

I don't know why you people must constantly lie. That is not at all who Obama is. Or the Dermocratic party. It's pathetic the way you just make things up.

That's exactly what obama and the dimocrat party is all about. and yes, it is pathetic. vewy pathetic.

credit for what? Extending the debt limit for 6 months and keeping the markets/credit agencies guessing using Boehner's bill :eusa_eh: ? The repubs (Boehner/Cantnor) are cravenly transparent :eusa_liar:

22 of the last 30 extensions have been well under a year. It's nothing out of the norm for anyone except rookies like Obama.

Who doesn't dream of going back to around 1985 when Reagan gave us (the 40-60 age group) some of the happiest days of our lives!!! None us would would have ever fathomed that we would have the second coming of Hitler or another Castro in the White House!!!!

Economically, Bill Clinton gave us the happiest days of our lives by far

Him and Democrats are deathly afraid the Republicans might get some credit for solving this problem. Obviously they wont admit this publicly,but privately they're shaking in their boots. This President and the Democrats will gladly shut the Country down if they think it will benefit them politically. I don't think they care much about the country at this point. It's all about the Votes now. Party before Country for sure.

I don't know why you people must constantly lie. That is not at all who Obama is. Or the Dermocratic party. It's pathetic the way you just make things up.

That's exactly what obama and the dimocrat party is all about. and yes, it is pathetic. vewy pathetic.

No, it isn't. Grow up.

Who doesn't dream of going back to around 1985 when Reagan gave us (the 40-60 age group) some of the happiest days of our lives!!! None us would would have ever fathomed that we would have the second coming of Hitler or another Castro in the White House!!!!

for me, narrowing my happiest years, its a tossup. 1984/85 were wonderful times being I was going into my prime years (24/25) then a few more happy years as Bush was leaving and Clinton took over. God, do I miss 1992/1993!!!!

and on top of that, I was living in Boca Raton,1984/1985. {before the plowed another city west of 441!!!) and worked on Fort Lauderdale Beach,,,,,Life couldn't be any better....1/2 naked women all over the place !!!

:cool:

Have any of you conservatives looked at the crisis in that perspective? Have you observed the attitudes of the Democratic Leaders giving the finger to Boehner Plan? I'ts as if they never really looked it over and just decided that,Well, it was created by the GOP,therefore it's dead on arrival. The Dem's are just in it for themselves. With Obama at a 39/40% approval,they want to make sure that it's "The Democrat Debt Crisis" resolution bill that gets passed. Just To Give Bambi Another Boost !! Just like the week Bambi flew to Afgahnastan and took out Osama with his own AK-47 !!!

I think Democrats are convinced this is a replay of the government shut down under Clinton which benefited them at election time and Republicans as the majority party at the time, were blamed for it. Everything being done by Democrats is about getting re-elected and taking back the House -even if it means sacrificing the best interests of the nation itself. Which they do routinely. I think they believe they can do a re-run here and exploit it for their own re-elections and to try and take back the House.

They believe they can milk this one for their own political benefit and careers -while doing absolutely nothing to address the issue. They and Obama sat back with NO plan -they did not offer up even ONE plan that entire time -but were constantly yammering about how the Republicans needed to "compromise" while they just sat back and shot down every single plan offered by Republicans -which was at least five last I counted. Democrats are the majority party in government but were absent while leaving it entirely to the minority party to come up with a plan -one they already intended to shoot down before getting to page 2 anyway. In order to compromise -if that were even the goal here -requires something on the other end to compromise with. Did they expect Republicans to just compromise with themselves? That entire bullshit staged scene with Obama sitting down but doing absolutely NOTHING -was nothing but political posturing and game playing by Democrats. Obama could have had a plan to raise the debt ceiling and increase government revenue by 800 billion, played it up like it was his "leadership" that led to it -but he rejected it. I wonder why he did that -ha ha.

The problem for Obama is this isn't the same situation that existed under Clinton, this isn't the same kind of economy, this isn't the same world, Republicans are not the majority party in power -THEY ARE and Obama isn't Clinton -and most importantly, the credit rating of the United States wasn't on the line.

If the US loses its credit rating, Obama will absolutely go down in history as one of the worst Presidents of all time and possibly THE worst President -because it happened on HIS watch. And surely someone in his administration has had the balls to tell him so. It will become THE hallmark of his administration. History doesn't blame the minority party in Congress for things like this but the PRESIDENT who was actually elected to LEAD. Not just occupy a space at a table while doing NOTHING. Allowing the credit rating for this nation to drop on his watch is a failure of HIS leadership. Not Boehner's, not the minority party in Congress. Obama couldn't lead a campfire sing-a-long and has done nothing but repeatedly prove he is NO LEADER at all. And he is going to fiddle while he watches Rome burn and then campaign on the premise he was HELPLESS, just HELPLESS in the face of those determined to put the brakes on the out of control spending spree. Yeah he's got nothing once he had to deal with people who refused to accept his useless accounting GIMMICKS and then LIE to people and pretend they accomplished something meaningful!

I'll tell you what is pissing me off big time is it looks like whatever gets done it will cut X number of billions of dollars over TEN YEARS. We are close to 15 trillion in debt now and they are talking billions over the course of TEN YEARS. Which is absolutely MEANINGLESS -because the next Congress can just chuck it all out the window. No Congress can force another one to live by ITS budget ten years down the road -because no Congress is prescient and can even know what circumstances may exist at that time! It is the authority of the sitting Congress to come up with a budget in light of current events -not what some decades old Congress HOPED they would do. Every Congress has the constitutional authority and power to come up with their OWN budget and reject any outline of what some prior Congress did HOPING they would do it YEARS down the road. These people must be on drugs.

All the talk about any cuts that are scheduled to happen under any other Congress -is just more meaningless GIMMICKS. To make real cuts means doing it NOW and biting the bullet -not kicking the can down the road and pretending some future Congress is obligated to live by THEIR "budget" for the future when they are NOT. THIS Congress has no authority to impose its own budget on the Congress of 2021. Or 2020 or 2019 or ....you get the idea. It can only impose a budget that is binding right NOW -any talk about what is supposed to happen under another Congress is WISHFUL THINKING and is NON-BINDING. And what is being discussed to take place under THIS Congress in terms of spending - doesn't change the path this nation is on. And they are simply HOPING some future Congress will have the balls to do it!

Seriously these career politicians who did this to our country all need to kicked out of office regardless of party - and keep kicking them out of office until our elected representatives get it through their head that unless they can put the best interests of this nation before that of their own party and their own re-election campaign, they don't have to worry about keeping their jobs. ENOUGH.

Last edited:
When is the GOP actually going to write a bill so we can find out?

The problem for the GOP is that all bills require compromise in order to proceed on the floor. Until the GOP learns that the minority party doesn't make the rules and that you have to give something to get something, the GOP will not be sending any bills to Obama anytime soon

The GOP has written three bills and passed one of them.

Speaking of "compromise," how is it done, by declaring the GOP budget "dead on arrival?"

Liberals believe that hypocrisy is a virtue.

He did provide some of the best entertainment I have ever witnessed, but the Republicans are the ones who made the economy grow.

When is the GOP actually going to write a bill so we can find out?

The problem for the GOP is that all bills require compromise in order to proceed on the floor. Until the GOP learns that the minority party doesn't make the rules and that you have to give something to get something, the GOP will not be sending any bills to Obama anytime soon

The GOP has written three bills and passed one of them.

Speaking of "compromise," how is it done, by declaring the GOP budget "dead on arrival?"

Liberals believe that hypocrisy is a virtue.

You need to work harder on the concept of compromise

Guess what?

Republicans are the minority party. They control the House while the Dems control the Senate and White House. That means you have to give something up in order to get something back. That is how our political process works

The Republicans throwing tantrums and threatening to trash the economy if they don't get there way is not compromise

your people haven't managed to vote on a bill yet...

how about you hang tough til there's actually something to complain about

loon.

To Republicans, proposing a bill is the same as having passed one. They write bills that contain all the rightwing buzzwords that the TeaTards love. They know it doesn't have a prayer of passing and even secretly hope that it doesn't pass

But they get to go back to the TeaTards and say...see? we tried but that bastard Obama wouldn't let us

Last edited:
Yes..this congress has been so busy and put up so many bills that were vetoed by Obama..

Oh wait.

They didn't. Something like 22 bills were passed by the 112th Congress.

www.congress-summary.com - Laws Passed by the 112th Congress

Check out the vetoes at the bottom.

Wow... 22 (It's actually 23, btw). That's a lot, huh.

Not.

The 111th Congress passed 383 bills through both houses which have been signed into law by the President.

The current Congress on both sides has been sitting on it's ass. They are on pace for a whopping 72 laws before the session is over in December 2012.

Whoosh..over your head.

Check out the OP again.

I have never thought I'd see the day where a President & his posse took their time on any urgent crisis. EVERY TIME !! No Budget! Go On Vacation during an oil spill, Off To Martha's Vinyard during the Health-Care uprising, Wait till Xmas-Eve to sign that Obama-Care Bill. Gas Prices shoot-up to $4.00 a gallon, Democrats just ignore it. IT NEVER ENDS!!! God, if Los Angeles gets creamed by an 8.0 next summer, Obama will be in Cape Cop and will tell the nation "Let's See How It All Plays Out" but I am on my 21 day vacation in Martha's Vinyard, I can't be bothered right now. (That's the typical Obama Attitude !!)

Dont forget that tornado in Joplin he had to finish his vacation in Miami before he went to see those people who LOST everything!! And playing golf every Sunday even on Memorial day. When our troops are fighting and dying for this country Obama thought it was best to play golf instead of going to visit Walter Reed or some Gold Star families who service member paid the ultimate price

Last edited:

Forum List

Back