May evil be done that good might come of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
archangel said:
I would have apologized for dragging your name in...I was caught up in the moment...and remembered all the times you drug me into other posts...so sorry...not hard for a man to say!
Is this your idea of an apology?

The ClayTaurus said:
Is this your idea of an apology?

I just said "SORRY" is that so hard for a hard headed guy to understand?Your turn...'Touche' ring a bell?

Mr. P said:
So then should we stop transplants?

We should stop the practice of removing organs from people who are still alive.

Harvesting organs from someone who is already dead is another thing. I have no moral issues with that.

archangel said:
I just said "SORRY" is that so hard for a hard headed guy to understand?Your turn...'Touche' ring a bell?
I wasn't looking for an apology. I don't care if you're sorry or not. Just keep your shit talking directly aimed at me; when I have to go digging for it, it's annoying.

What I was amazed at is that you're such a pompous bastard that you manage to chastize within your apology. An impressive feat, sir.

Here's my similarly-themed return apology: You're an asshole, I'm sorry, but it's true.

The ClayTaurus said:
I wasn't looking for an apology. I don't care if you're sorry or not. Just keep your shit talking directly aimed at me; when I have to go digging for it, it's annoying.

What I was amazed at is that you're such a pompous bastard that you manage to chastize within your apology. An impressive feat, sir.

Here's my similarly-themed return apology: You're an asshole, I'm sorry, but it's true.

I therefore retract my apology...get back to me when you grow up! And by all means keep me out of your posts when I am not involved!

New smilie?

:arch:

gop_jeff said:
We should stop the practice of removing organs from people who are still alive.

Harvesting organs from someone who is already dead is another thing. I have no moral issues with that.

If it were Gods will then the organs would not be rejected...just food for thought... for those who claim to be true Christians...In name only!

Mr. P said:
Any thoughts? Think hard about this one.

Im of the opinion that the Lord can use the evil men do to bring about great good. Of course, it would be much better if we all just did good.

archangel said:
If it were Gods will then the organs would not be rejected...just food for thought... for those who claim to be true Christians...In name only!

So you're saying that I am not a "true Christian" because I don't believe in your interpretation of Scripture?!? BTW, Darin was right on. The 'old wine in new wineskins' scripture is about fasting and the new covenant established by Christ's death and resurrection, not about organ transplants, which were not done in Jesus' time.

dmp said:
If what was God's will? That we should attempt Organ Donation?

Every GOOD (and perfect) gift comes from God, Arch.

THIS tells me Organ Donation is the RIGHT thing to do.

http://donatelife.net/campaigns/et.asp
Superchargers are godless. If God intended for engines to have the benefits a supercharger provides, he would have just made engines that way.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
gop_jeff said:
So you're saying that I am not a "true Christian" because I don't believe in your interpretation of Scripture?!? BTW, Darin was right on. The 'old wine in new wineskins' scripture is about fasting and the new covenant established by Christ's death and resurrection, not about organ transplants, which were not done in Jesus' time.

Biblical scriptures are up for interpretation...you have yours and dmp has his...as do "I"...Please explain the rejection of organ transplants...if this was Gods will...you are really getting into muddy water here! He who knows not who he or she is talking to needs a silent place to seek the word!

archangel said:
Biblical scriptures are up for interpretation...you have yours and dmp has his...as do "I"...

But you're not interpreting - you're just wrong. Woe to you who takes scripture out of context, without basic comprehension and tries to apply it where it clearly doesn't make sense.

Please explain the rejection of organ transplants...if this was Gods will...

Explain what? It happens. Big f'ing deal. It's simply retarded to say that because SOME People reject the organs of another it somehow VIOLATES God's will. I mean...seriously...wow. :(

you are really getting into muddy water here! He who knows not who he or she is talking to needs a silent place to seek the word!

That's another :archism:

dmp said:
But you're not interpreting - you're just wrong. Woe to you who takes scripture out of context, without basic comprehension and tries to apply it where it clearly doesn't make sense.

Explain what? It happens. Big f'ing deal. It's simply retarded to say that because SOME People reject the organs of another it somehow VIOLATES God's will. I mean...seriously...wow. :(

That's another :archism:

You just gave your interpretation as did I...Is your family life so complete that you need to ask help in a message board for domestic problems...when some give advice you reject them as not being as intelligent as you...so why ask a question if you do not want to hear the answer?

archangel said:
You just gave your interpretation as did I...Is your family life so complete that you need to ask help in a message board for domestic problems...when some give advice you reject them as not being as intelligent as you...so why ask a question if you do not want to hear the answer?

What the hell are you talking about now?

Your interpretation of that scripture is straight wrong, Arch. You are taking ONE very CLEAR concept and trying to say it means something else to suit an opinion you already have. Read it and comprehend.

I don't seek help on domestic issues from message boards. I share my troubles and joys - ME - with a message board because I don't have much to hide.

I haven't rejected anyone's advice. I don't ask questions I don't already figure to have at least SOME answer to.

I'm sorry - but you ramble and fuss over such a wide range of topics - even within the same post, it can be a headache just trying to follow along.

archangel said:
Biblical scriptures are up for interpretation...you have yours and dmp has his...as do "I"...Please explain the rejection of organ transplants...if this was Gods will...you are really getting into muddy water here! He who knows not who he or she is talking to needs a silent place to seek the word!

First, scriptures may be interpreted in different ways, but all Scripture is not 100% open to interpretation. For example, when the Bible says "Jesus wept," one should not interpret that as meaning "Can't sleep, clowns will eat me." One must interpret the Scripture reasonably. So, here's some reasonable interpretation for you, mixed together with some common sense:

1. The Bible is silent on organ donation. Silent. Nothing there. In the Scripture you are referencing, Jesus was discussing the issue of fasting with the Pharisees. None of the Pharisees were organ donors, organ recipients, or surgeons who could accomplish the feat of organ transplant. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that the Scripture does not apply to organ donation.

2. God has given man free will, so that a person is free to act outside of God's will. For example, murder is against God's will. Yet, people commit murders. Therefore, we can see that God allows things to happen outside of His will. Therefore, bodies rejecting transplanted organs is not evidence of organ donation being against God's will.

3. Some organs reject the new body. Not all do. Therefore, even if your logic was sound (which it is not), then only some organ donations are outside of God's will.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
dmp said:
What the hell are you talking about now?

Your interpretation of that scripture is straight wrong, Arch. You are taking ONE very CLEAR concept and trying to say it means something else to suit an opinion you already have. Read it and comprehend.

I don't seek help on domestic issues from message boards. I share my troubles and joys - ME - with a message board because I don't have much to hide.

I haven't rejected anyone's advice. I don't ask questions I don't already figure to have at least SOME answer to.

I'm sorry - but you ramble and fuss over such a wide range of topics - even within the same post, it can be a headache just trying to follow along.

are your headache...not mine...you play the game of woe is me...ask for advice then reject anything you do not want to hear...neg me if your heart desires...truth hurts sometimes!

gop_jeff said:
First, scriptures may be interpreted in different ways, but all Scripture is not 100% open to interpretation. For example, when the Bible says "Jesus wept," one should not interpret that as meaning "Can't sleep, clowns will eat me." One must interpret the Scripture reasonably. So, here's some reasonable interpretation for you, mixed together with some common sense:

1. The Bible is silent on organ donation. Silent. Nothing there. In the Scripture you are referencing, Jesus was discussing the issue of fasting with the Pharisees. None of the Pharisees were organ donors, organ recipients, or surgeons who could accomplish the feat of organ transplant. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that the Scripture does not apply to organ donation.

2. God has given man free will, so that a person is free to act outside of God's will. For example, murder is against God's will. Yet, people commit murders. Therefore, we can see that God allows things to happen outside of His will. Therefore, bodies rejecting transplanted organs is not evidence of organ donation being against God's will.

3. Some organs reject the new body. Not all do. Therefore, even if your logic was sound (which it is not), then only some organ donations are outside of God's will.

yet does deny...I am so done with your hypocrasy!

archangel said:
are your headache...not mine...you play the game of woe is me...ask for advice then reject anything you do not want to hear...neg me if your heart desires...truth hurts sometimes!

Okay - now...what the FUCK are you talking about? When did I ask 'you' for advice on ANYTHING. In fact, where did I ask ANYONE's advice on ANYTHING personal? My sharing my heart/mind on the board, then leaving it open for discussion is NOT asking advice.

I neg rep you when you post really dumb, off the wall, rambling BS which has nothing to do with anything in the reality in which the REST of the world lives.

gop_jeff...help me...talk me down, bro..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back