May evil be done that good might come of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dmp said:
I want my death to mean something. If somebody can use and wants any part of me after I'm gone, they're welcome to it. The older I get the less likely my parts will be any good to anyone, but if I died tomorrow my family knows to offer any part of what's left of my body to whomever needs it.

I'm a giver, I suppose.

I would do the same----the choice is maybe giving someone a chance at a better life or have the mortician throw them away.

dilloduck said:
I think we're back to the technical term of death vs braindeath.
Yeah, that's a scary subject. I talk to my sister about this now & then. She is an open-heart nurse. She sees a lot of that kind of decision.

Pale Rider said:
I've heard disturbing stories to the same effect. "When the fight for life is dubious, let them die because they're an organ donor".

Not me. Don't want any, don't take any.

would have repped ya...but says must spread around...!

As for this organ donation issue...For the Bible scholars...Did not Jesus say not to put old wine in a new container? or something like that...and does not anyone find it conclusive that the body rejects organs and must be drugged to sustain operation...just food for thought!

mom4 said:
Yeah, that's a scary subject. I talk to my sister about this now & then. She is an open-heart nurse. She sees a lot of that kind of decision.

Mary and I have discussed what to do.

I told her if I'm in a state where they're some question as to my ability to recover, she's to pray about it. Then think about it. Then pray more. Then make her best call and don't...Do not EVER look back.

That's the advice I'd give any of my family present or future who was faced with the decision.

Mr. P said:
So then should we stop transplants?

I believe so...work on the growing of replacement parts from ones own genetic makeup! ;)

archangel said:

Yes? Your point is what? You are admitting that you were mistaken, and Christ did NOT say "DO NOT Put new wine in old skins" and Acknowledging that what Christ was saying to the people had to do with FASTING, and did not apply to the conext of 'organ donation'.

If that's you're point, and that's what you are saying, then Yup. I'm VERY Glad you understand it now. :)

FYI - Avatar is the picture NEXT to a screen name. Your avatar isn't Archangel. Your 'screen name' is Archangel. :)

dmp said:
Yes? Your point is what? You are admitting that you were mistaken, and Christ did NOT say "DO NOT Put new wine in old skins" and Acknowledging that what Christ was saying to the people had to do with FASTING, and did not apply to the conext of 'organ donation'.

If that's you're point, and that's what you are saying, then Yup. I'm VERY Glad you understand it now. :)

FYI - Avatar is the picture NEXT to a screen name. Your avatar isn't Archangel. Your 'screen name' is Archangel. :)

your just not man enough to admit you were wrong...kinda sorta like clay!

dmp said:

screen name it is...see was that so hard?

archangel said:
your just not man enough to admit you were wrong...kinda sorta like clay!

BUT I AM NOT WRONG. JESUS NEVER COMMANDED "DO NOT PUT NEW WINE IN OLD SKINS".

He said:

"MEN DO NOT PUT NEW WINE IN OLD SKINS, BECAUSE THE SKINS WOULD BREAK". HE WAS COMMENTING ON A PRACTICE, AND USING IT TO ILLUSTRATE A POINT.

dmp said:
Mary and I have discussed what to do.

I told her if I'm in a state where they're some question as to my ability to recover, she's to pray about it. Then think about it. Then pray more. Then make her best call and don't...Do not EVER look back.

That's the advice I'd give any of my family present or future who was faced with the decision.
Very wise advice.

mom4 said:
I thought organ donations were given from people who had ALREADY died?
I think this is how it's been done in the past, but our society changes so much on a daily basis anymore. Remember the movie 'Coma'? They kept people in a vegetative state for the sale of their organs. Once again, that was a movie but we're now asking ourselves if it can be a reality. And THAT is the scary part. Organ farms.

When my son died, his father was asked whether we were going to donate his organs. He said it had never been discussed (of course) so nothing was done.
I think this is a topic that should be discussed between spouses & parents; Not in an emotional/ hysterical state.

And personally, I think it would be easier for me to donate me rather than my child. I just don't think I could do it.

But then the Bible says, "we will be changed it the twinkling of an eye", and "Behold I will make all things new", so why would it matter?

Joz said:
I think this is a topic that should be discussed between spouses & parents; Not in an emotional/ hysterical state.

Exactly. During a time where the decision to donate may arise, the surviving spouse/family member will be under ENOUGH stress. Having spoken of a plan beforehand saves them from having to nug through one MORE important decision.

The ClayTaurus said:
Hey dickhead, keep my name out your mouth.

I would have apologized for dragging your name in...I was caught up in the moment...and remembered all the times you drug me into other posts...so sorry...not hard for a man to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back